Near Death Experiences

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Near Death Experiences

Postby Doctor Death (4653454) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Greetings to all.

I recently had an interesting discussion with one of my colleagues about the afterlife and near death experiences, and thought it would be fun and intellectually stimulating to get some of your thoughts about these interesting questions.

Have any of you ever had a brush with death/near death experience before? I myself have not, but am quite interested in the subject since I work in the funeral business. Also, do you believe that there is some form of life after death, or do you believe that this could be all there is? I personally believe that there is an afterlife; a place where we all go after we die. I believe that genuinely good people go to a much better place after they pass-on while genuinely bad people go to a place of eternal punishment. I've never subscribed to the theory that once we die our souls or spirits linger about here on earth. I believe that once we're dead that we go to either one place or the other. Let me be clear, though, that this is only my opinion on the subject. You may have a completely different perspective. And if so, that's perfectly fine. We may not all agree with each others thoughts, but I ask that everyone please be courteous and respectful to everyone's opinions.

Sincerely,
With needle and scalpel I want to penetrate. My only diagnosis is to slowly amputate.
Now that I'm dead it's no longer a sin; for down here in Hell, the Doctor is in.
Doctor Death (4653454)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 05, 2008

Forum Posts: 97
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: Near Death Experiences

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 pm

I have survivor syndrome apparently. Meaning I seek adrenaline. There is nothing like coming back to consciousness after death. NOTHING even close. You sometimes see people on CCTV on news You hear of a person walking across a highway.They most likely have Survivor syndrome. If its going to happen it will you cant stop it.
I could tell you things you would never believe or think I made up. But think of this the adrenaline rush of an emergency and the increased energy output of someone lifting a car or tree or jumping 20 feet My co worker saw me get hit by a car on my bike flip into middle of the road with a trams am 3 feet from my head Sure I was dead until he said there was a flicker of light an energy wave and then I was on the sidewalk with my arm half cut off and a fountain of blood. No one moved, they were in shock while I pulled off my shirt and tied it around my arm. I bled out on way to hospital and was dead for some time while they kept blood circulating

To add Mysticism to it all I dont remember jumping 20 feet or flashes of light
I do remember that trans am

Because of the huge Phoenix on it
I took 2 years to regain use of my arm and to rebuild myself from the person I was into the person I wanted to be
I also acquired survivor syndrome and began my passion for cave diving and cliff diving. My best height outside a cave was a 119 foot jump form a rock arch in Greece...it was fkn amazing
my in cave height limit so far has been a 82 foot dive at ik kil cenote outside Chitzen itza

Regardless of individual beliefs, strange s**t occurs You can let it smother you and hold you back or you can let it free you to really live since you didnt die
Like 1 heart attack victim will start sky diving and mt climbing while theyre twin brother becomes a cardiac victim afraid to do anything but sit and wait for death

Ive flat-lined 3x bled out once drown once heart attack
Im left wondering if what i saw heard was a reality or a creation of the mind based on what is subconsciously stored to ease the pain.
I believe energy can be transformed but not made or unmade make of that what you will
What I do know is strange things beyond what we actually comprehend do occur Mystical in nature.

There is a Dr who has shelves built at an 11 foot level in emerge surgery on each shelf he puts a picture when someone flat lines if they are resuscitated he asks what they saw When they stop and think and review the situation most can tell him what is on each shelf and you cant do that without an out of body experience.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INSOMNIA (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 3899
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Depends on what you classify a "near death experience" :eh:
Are we talkin like gettin run off the road, a semi comin straight at the car in the pitch of darkness? If so then yup...
I was comin home from outta town one night (pitch darkness), a semi was comin straight at traffic (us) :dizzy: Was pretty scary :sick:
I drive 30 minutes away every mornin (2-3 A.M.) for work and back to my town to finish my job. Well a few months ago, a car was passin' on the highway about hit us head-on, we had to hit the shoulder so we didn't get hit head-on :dizzy:
Kinda funny moment. It was about 3 A.M. I just left the town where I meet my co-workers at, well a couple of teens walked a few miles out of town with sheets on them one had a white sheet, the other had a blue and white strip sheet and they were wavin' flashlights at on comin' cars :haha:
I also believe you only go one or two places when you die but I can't get too much into that on the forums :sad:
After one touch, we become obsessed with the rush. Yeah, love is like a rodeo. -Kane
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7847
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Doctor Death (4653454) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:46 pm

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) wrote:Depends on what you classify a "near death experience" :eh:
Are we talkin like gettin run off the road, a semi comin straight at the car in the pitch of darkness? If so then yup...
I was comin home from outta town one night (pitch darkness), a semi was comin straight at traffic (us) :dizzy: Was pretty scary :sick:
I drive 30 minutes away every mornin (2-3 A.M.) for work and back to my town to finish my job. Well a few months ago, a car was passin' on the highway about hit us head-on, we had to hit the shoulder so we didn't get hit head-on :dizzy:
Kinda funny moment. It was about 3 A.M. I just left the town where I meet my co-workers at, well a couple of teens walked a few miles out of town with sheets on them one had a white sheet, the other had a blue and white strip sheet and they were wavin' flashlights at on comin' cars :haha:
I also believe you only go one or two places when you die but I can't get too much into that on the forums :sad:

My apologies I should have better clarified what I meant by "near death experience."

What I meant was actually surviving a horrific automobile accident or some other event where you would have otherwise passed on (or came every close) without the aid of trained medical professionals. Or say someone was in the hospital undergoing some sort of trauma surgery and you died on the operating table, but was able to be brought back a few moments later. That's more specifically what I meant by a near death experience.

I too have had many, many close calls while driving on the road. It seems like people are all the time coming at me on the wrong side of the dam road while they're either on their phones or just simply not paying attention to what they're doing or where they're going. You have to be on the lookout for stupid irresponsible drivers constantly.
With needle and scalpel I want to penetrate. My only diagnosis is to slowly amputate.
Now that I'm dead it's no longer a sin; for down here in Hell, the Doctor is in.
Doctor Death (4653454)

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:18 pm

I have doubts about the afterlife. Aren’t we all “sinners” according to religion so shouldn’t we all go to hell then? :haha: There’s no one that’s done only good in their life, so if heaven really exists, no one’s going!! :haha:
JeNNy (175442028)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 05, 2011

Forum Posts: 1083
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Doctor Death (4653454) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:07 am

JeNNy (175442028) wrote:I have doubts about the afterlife. Aren’t we all “sinners” according to religion so shouldn’t we all go to hell then? :haha: There’s no one that’s done only good in their life, so if heaven really exists, no one’s going!! :haha:

I believe in the possibility of an afterlife while at the same time not subscribing to any particular religion. And while it is true that all of us have committed some sort of misdeed(s) in our lives, it's also at the same time possible to turn away from that behavior and correct ourselves accordingly. I also believe that eternal punishment, or Hell if you want to call it that, would be a place reserved for those who have done truly heinous things throughout their lives without ever attempting to correct their behavior or seek forgiveness from all those they have wronged.

For example, if I had a daughter and she was defiled and brutally murdered by some evil madman, and this individual went to his grave denying that he ever had anything at all to do with defiling and murdering my daughter (despite all the evidence being firmly against him), this person would be a true unrepeating and unremorseful monster that deserved to go to a place of eternal punishment. Individuals like Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin would be another fine example of someone that most definitely deserves some form of eternal punishment for the crimes they've committed against humanity during their lifetime.
Doctor Death (4653454)

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:52 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:I have survivor syndrome apparently. Meaning I seek adrenaline. There is nothing like coming back to consciousness after death. NOTHING even close. You sometimes see people on CCTV on news You hear of a person walking across a highway.They most likely have Survivor syndrome. If its going to happen it will you cant stop it.
I could tell you things you would never believe or think I made up. But think of this the adrenaline rush of an emergency and the increased energy output of someone lifting a car or tree or jumping 20 feet My co worker saw me get hit by a car on my bike flip into middle of the road with a trams am 3 feet from my head Sure I was dead until he said there was a flicker of light an energy wave and then I was on the sidewalk with my arm half cut off and a fountain of blood. No one moved, they were in shock while I pulled off my shirt and tied it around my arm. I bled out on way to hospital and was dead for some time while they kept blood circulating

I took 2 years to regain use of my arm and to rebuild myself from the person I was into the person I wanted to be
I also acquired survivor syndrome and began my passion for cave diving and cliff diving. My best height outside a cave was a 119 foot jump form a rock arch in Greece...it was fkn amazing
my in cave height limit so far has been a 82 foot dive at ik kil cenote outside Chitzen itza

Regardless of individual beliefs, strange s**t occurs You can let it smother you and hold you back or you can let it free you to really live since you didnt die
Like 1 heart attack victim will start sky diving and mt climbing while theyre twin brother becomes a cardiac victim afraid to do anything but sit and wait for death

Im left wondering if what i saw heard was a reality or a creation of the mind based on what is subconsciously stored to ease the pain.
I believe energy can be transformed but not made or unmade make of that what you will
What I do know is strange things beyond what we actually comprehend do occur Mystical in nature.

There is a Dr who has shelves built at an 11 foot level in emerge surgery on each shelf he puts a picture when someone flat lines if they are resuscitated he asks what they saw When they stop and think and review the situation most can tell him what is on each shelf and you cant do that without an out of body experience.

Interesting how Dr Death totally disregards this post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3366

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:37 am

I was 8 years old. We were at a beach bonfire somewhere between LA and San Diego. It was night. I didn't tell anyone I was headed to the beach. I decided to try the water. The rip tide knocked me down. I couldn't get back to the beach. I was panicking.

My dad was back at the fire in a large group sipping a brew and said he suddenly felt "a panic feeling that he knew wasn't his". My mom said he jumped up wild eyed and started pacing when he suddenly shot off at a full sprint in the dark towards the beach 100 yards away. He flew into the dark water and swam through the darkness and came straight to me where I was already unconscious but still breathing.

It still gives me chills, because I was as good as dead. My dad won't talk about it. He says a blackness filled his head while he was pacing and then a light broke through and pointed right at me. He will tear up to even speak of it because he says he saw death in the sky over me.

I tried to deny a creator or a god or whatever people want to call him for so very long. But it is just not true. There is too much evidence that we are more than evolved life forms who turn to dust when life leaves our shell. "We were meant to live for so much more, but we lost ourselves". - Switchfoot

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32867
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:42 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:I have survivor syndrome apparently. Meaning I seek adrenaline. There is nothing like coming back to consciousness after death. NOTHING even close. You sometimes see people on CCTV on news You hear of a person walking across a highway.They most likely have Survivor syndrome. If its going to happen it will you cant stop it.

Amazing story, I liked the Phoenix part! I believe you survived all those near death experiences because they were meant to tell you something and your life was spared because you have an important reason to live. My son had a near death experience and was in a coma for days. He later told us stories about being captured by aliens. I personally believe our souls live on after we are gone, and we can come back and live new lives. This is an interesting subject!!
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3200

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 am

Can't comment about NDE, it's very personal and some people truly believe what they visioned so I can't undermine it or dismiss it. Check out a Netflix series called The OA, it discusses this topic in depth and it made me think twice about this topic in general.

What I think of death, I think death is the end of all things and you go back to absolute nothingness which you were exactly before you were born. I believe in biology and don't believe much or at all in spirits, biological death is exactly what happens when we die, from nothingness to nothingness.
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8181
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Richy (3429282) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:39 am

As far as a near death experience, the closest thing I had to it was when I was 4, which I remember clearly. It was the middle of the night and we had been visiting family staying over at their house. Around 3-4am, a man had broken in and threatened every single one of us. The image I remember clearly is him holding my aunt by the neck threatening to slit her throat. I had gone into the living room, and he looked me straight in the eyes, and told my family that if they didn't do what he said, something would happen to me. Now that's a very short version of the story. I don't really feel uncomfortable talking about it because I've moved past it and learned to accept it. It took a long time, though.

As far as an afterlife, I definitely believe there's something, I'm just not sure what it is.
everyone smiles in the same language

Richy (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 175
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2846
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:43 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:Can't comment about NDE, it's very personal and some people truly believe what they visioned so I can't undermine it or dismiss it. Check out a Netflix series called The OA, it discusses this topic in depth and it made me think twice about this topic in general.

What I think of death, I think death is the end of all things and you go back to absolute nothingness which you were exactly before you were born. I believe in biology and don't believe much or at all in spirits, biological death is exactly what happens when we die, from nothingness to nothingness.

Yes but if energy cannot be destroyed imagine the human energy dissipates into the nothingness and 1000 years later particles of that same energy are in a new born who grows to develop deja vu of another life? Now imagine by circumstance or happenstance enough of 1 life is accumulated in another... lol

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby Doctor Death (4653454) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:32 pm

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:

Interesting how Dr Death totally disregards this post.

I did not disregard this post. I read it, and thought it was very interesting! I'm grateful he shared this with us.
Doctor Death (4653454)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:12 pm

In my survivors group which was made up of such an assortment of people Some were elated some depressed others couldn't figure out why
Almost all had stories of the same general nature and journeys even though we were different races and religions. Some feel obliged to suicide because they feel they did die and want to be with those who actually did There is a lot of guilt associated with surviving. Many strive to make their own lives and the lives of those around them better A good number of survivors become volunteers or EMS personal caregivers.

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby Doctor Death (4653454) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:07 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:In my survivors group which was made up of such an assortment of people Some were elated some depressed others couldn't figure out why
Almost all had stories of the same general nature and journeys even though we were different races and religions. Some feel obliged to suicide because they feel they did die and want to be with those who actually did There is a lot of guilt associated with surviving. Many strive to make their own lives and the lives of those around them better A good number of survivors become volunteers or EMS personal caregivers.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story and experiences with us. I find these topics so interesting and I enjoy getting other perspectives and reading what others have experienced.
Doctor Death (4653454)

Return to General Discussions