Where have You Been?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:33 am

ELPHAHOLIC (184182673) wrote:I call it uncompromising vaca.....

Off to Ireland in 12 hours lol
Hoping to gain cockpit permission which is really cool viewing

LOL :haha:

Have a safe trip! I've never been to Ireland but I read it is stunning there! :drool:
And good luck with the cockpit permission!!

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 398
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 13422
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:12 pm

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara
I attended Eid al-Fitr along with 750 000 very strict Muslims not a problem

In fact the only problem I had was trying to figure out wtf smelled so good

also argon oil is cheap cheap cheap there

Really, that sounds very interesting...and smells delicious. My destinations would be Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fes, but of course Sahara desert is a must. Deserts are amazing, I was stunned when my flight flew for more than two hours over the Arabian desert without any sign of life below. Two hours!! By plane!! How vast a desert was that with no humans? :shocked:

Thanks, I might change my itineraries. Still giving it a thought, perhaps canceling the Croatia trip and go to Morocco via Madrid or Lisbon instead.

I would think very carefully before travelling to Morocco alone as a female, Ive heard first hand from girlfriends that it can be very intimidating for women being harassed by groups of men. One had money stolen from her wallet which was hidden in her case in her riad and was constantly followed by different men in Fes every time she went out, in fact she cut short her stay there because of it. Croatia is stunning I visited Split and definitely want to go back and travel around there.

Whoops, so sorry, Tuscany, I just saw your post now!! :shocked: :dizzy: Thanks for the advice. Now I am totally confused, lol. That sounds intimidating indeed :sad:
Maybe I will stick to my Croatian trip, actually I already booked an apartment for five days in front of the beach, just behind the ancient gate where Games of Thrones was filmed. Split is not in my book yet but it sounds good.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:51 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:I call it uncompromising vaca.....

Off to Ireland in 12 hours lol
Hoping to gain cockpit permission which is really cool viewing

Enjoy Ireland. I’ve always wanted to go. So much history and culture to soak up. :hug:
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10313
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:54 am

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara

Really, that sounds very interesting...and smells delicious. My destinations would be Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fes, but of course Sahara desert is a must. Deserts are amazing, I was stunned when my flight flew for more than two hours over the Arabian desert without any sign of life below. Two hours!! By plane!! How vast a desert was that with no humans? :shocked:

Thanks, I might change my itineraries. Still giving it a thought, perhaps canceling the Croatia trip and go to Morocco via Madrid or Lisbon instead.

I would think very carefully before travelling to Morocco alone as a female, Ive heard first hand from girlfriends that it can be very intimidating for women being harassed by groups of men. One had money stolen from her wallet which was hidden in her case in her riad and was constantly followed by different men in Fes every time she went out, in fact she cut short her stay there because of it. Croatia is stunning I visited Split and definitely want to go back and travel around there.

Whoops, so sorry, Tuscany, I just saw your post now!! :shocked: :dizzy: Thanks for the advice. Now I am totally confused, lol. That sounds intimidating indeed :sad:
Maybe I will stick to my Croatian trip, actually I already booked an apartment for five days in front of the beach, just behind the ancient gate where Games of Thrones was filmed. Split is not in my book yet but it sounds good.

They actually filmed GOT in Split too. Climbing the tower of St Domnius Cathedral however was terrifying the steps to the top are wooden and wobble about, thought I was going to be stuck half way up clinging on to the rail i'm not great with heights haha I would very much recommend that beautiful ancient city though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3366
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Watched a boat pull up to dock and hand buckets of mussels from The Irish Sea to the restaurant owner Ate them 7 mins later ALL of them like 100 mussels in Howth Afterward a long conversation and cigars with a man from Cologne and another from Vienna Double Espressos courtesy of Straight connection TEE Trans Europe Express

Life is timeless and Europe's endless
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INSOMNIA (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 3899

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:27 am

They actually filmed GOT in Split too. Climbing the tower of St Domnius Cathedral however was terrifying the steps to the top are wooden and wobble about, thought I was going to be stuck half way up clinging on to the rail i'm not great with heights haha I would very much recommend that beautiful ancient city though.

Now I need to try that!!! I love climbing high constructions, be they buildings, towers, fortresses, lighthouses, or cathedrals! I'll make sure I go to Split too if time permits.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:31 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:Watched a boat pull up to dock and hand buckets of mussels from The Irish Sea to the restaurant owner Ate them 7 mins later ALL of them like 100 mussels in Howth Afterward a long conversation and cigars with a man from Cologne and another from Vienna Double Espressos courtesy of Straight connection TEE Trans Europe Express

Life is timeless and Europe's endless

I love eating mussels. Had a bowl in Nice's Old Town, France, but it was a bit salty and the size of the bowl is HUGE, lol, and I was eating alone. I was shocked when it was served, lol.

I agree Europe's endless. So lucky for people who live in Europe.

No pictures, Insomnia?

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Sure heres some off phone I havent bothered to download cameras yet

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 am

Wow! Stunning pictures, Insomnia! I love the stone church, never been to anything like that, I mean a church made of stones or rocks! I've been to stone constructions before, like in Pompeii, Athens and Istanbul, but they are not churches. But curiously the interior of the church looks like it came from a different period of time. Is that in Dublin? What church is that? It looks like the countryside. I'd enjoy walking along those stony alleys and steps. Thanks for uploading them for us to see. Ireland should be on my bucket list.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:14 am

That was an Anglican church on top of a hill in Howth a 15 min train ride from downtown Dublin a lot of the churches are rebuild roofs since the original roofs were wood and thatch

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:49 am

That 7th photo looks like the bad part of my city haha Glad you got to see some graves
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3366

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:34 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:That was an Anglican church on top of a hill in Howth a 15 min train ride from downtown Dublin a lot of the churches are rebuild roofs since the original roofs were wood and thatch

I was googling it for about half an hour lol, it is Howth Parish Church of the Assumption. Interesting name...the Assumption :D
Really love the surroundings!

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:31 pm

LOL
The view was great from the top of the hill
no graveyard though between the seafood and the hills i bet they have long healthy lives

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Previous

Return to General Discussions