Where have You Been?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:30 am

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:
HALLOWEEN KING (184182673) wrote:"We have Hawaii booked for next May with our kids and hubby's family for 9 days. Cannot wait...and saving up! Would rather travel to Europe, but his dad really wants to take us to see Pearl Harbor. He's a Vietnam war veteran and war history nut. Maybe Europe will be in our future. Went to Boston & Maine 1.5 years ago in September....totally gorgeous, and the FOOD!"

If you can tale pop and choc cause Hawaii is stupid expensive for EVERYTHING I think a coke was 550 in grocery store when I went
and dont be surprised McDonalds and everywhere else sells Spam lol its everywhere Great Snorkeling though

Exactly why we'd prefer Europe...Hawaii in my head is just another tropical destination and we've already seen so many....hubby has been to Europe and wants to see more & finally experience it with me...he's always talking about the wine & food there...and my oldest daughter a year ago went to Berlin & Krakow and also said the FOOD was to die for! :hug:

Krakow is fantastic I went there last year for a long weekend, visited Auschwitz and Birkenau.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3366
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:11 am

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Lets see Ive been to Trinidad/ Mexico 7x /Venezuela/Barbados
Turkey/Greece/Italy/Spain/Morocco/Portugal/Scotland/Hawaii/
Ireland in 2 weeks.
Id envy you going to Hungary and Czechoslovakia both are on my list

I have wanted to ask you last time we met at my event, Insomnia, is Morocco safe for a woman traveling alone? I mean Marrakesh and Casablanca? I have never been to the African continent and think it would be nice to visit Morocco, and Tanzania and Kenya (for their national parks but especially The Serengeti National Park to see the great migration and Laetoli for the hominin footprints)

Anyway here is my list of places I've been to:
France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, England, The Netherlands, Spain, Monaco, Switzerland, Greece, Turkey, US including Hawaii, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Bali (Indonesia), Singapore, Malaysia, and Doha (Qatar) in the Middle East.

My favorite is Italy, followed by France (but not Paris, lol). Next year I am going back there again, for the 4th time, adding Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Slovenia. I love it when there is the sea mixed with ancient culture and history.

I am always in conflict whether to visit a place I've been to but I love to revisit, or a place I have never been to before :dizzy: It is so hard to decide :dizzy: :dizzy:

As you asked about life-changing experience, I have several from my trips but there is only one that LITERALLY changed my brain, it was going down the spiral stone staircase of Sagrada Familia's tall spire in Barcelona, from the very top of the spire to the ground floor. I got a mild PTSD after that experience. Scariest thing I ever had in my whole life! Gaudi wanted to kill people!! That was crazy!! :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr The Upper Spire room of the Elven Kingdom home resembles the inside of the Sagrada Familia's spire, only that it is not pitch-dark so it looks much less scary.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 398
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 13422
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:53 am

Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara
I attended Eid al-Fitr along with 750 000 very strict Muslims not a problem

In fact the only problem I had was trying to figure out wtf smelled so good

also argon oil is cheap cheap cheap there
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INSOMNIA (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 3899

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:15 am

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara

Really, that sounds very interesting...and smells delicious. My destinations would be Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fes, but of course Sahara desert is a must. Deserts are amazing, I was stunned when my flight flew for more than two hours over the Arabian desert without any sign of life below. Two hours!! By plane!! How vast a desert was that with no humans? :shocked:

Thanks, I might change my itineraries. Still giving it a thought, perhaps canceling the Croatia trip and go to Morocco via Madrid or Lisbon instead.

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:40 pm

yeah its one of the reasons I went Ive a passion to sea groups and seas and deserts I took an expedition to arctic from Churchill Manitoba to sea pack ice on Hudson bay I find desolation comforting and spiritual. In Trinidad they have pitch lake which is a prehistoric tar pit its literally a lake of semi liquid tar.
Essaouria on the coast of Morocco is a 50 mile beach worth searing as well

Im off to Dublin for a couple days tomorrow should be fun !!!

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara

Really, that sounds very interesting...and smells delicious. My destinations would be Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fes, but of course Sahara desert is a must. Deserts are amazing, I was stunned when my flight flew for more than two hours over the Arabian desert without any sign of life below. Two hours!! By plane!! How vast a desert was that with no humans? :shocked:

Thanks, I might change my itineraries. Still giving it a thought, perhaps canceling the Croatia trip and go to Morocco via Madrid or Lisbon instead.

I would think very carefully before travelling to Morocco alone as a female, Ive heard first hand from girlfriends that it can be very intimidating for women being harassed by groups of men. One had money stolen from her wallet which was hidden in her case in her riad and was constantly followed by different men in Fes every time she went out, in fact she cut short her stay there because of it. Croatia is stunning I visited Split and definitely want to go back and travel around there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3366

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:12 pm

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:yeah its one of the reasons I went Ive a passion to sea groups and seas and deserts I took an expedition to arctic from Churchill Manitoba to sea pack ice on Hudson bay I find desolation comforting and spiritual. In Trinidad they have pitch lake which is a prehistoric tar pit its literally a lake of semi liquid tar.

I don't like freezing weather so the Arctic is out of the question for me! I agree desolation is comforting and spiritual, we only have ourselves to face. That's why I prefer to travel alone, so free and so much time to do whatever we like to do. Taking a lone walk by the sea is so spiritual for me, I can sit watching the sea for hours. And I always stay on a place by the sea so I can sleep while listening to the sound of the waves. And hey, have fun in Dublin! Happy packing for tomorrow and stay safe!! Talk to you later, Insomnia! Post some Dublin pictures!

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Richy (3429282) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:16 pm

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:yeah its one of the reasons I went Ive a passion to sea groups and seas and deserts I took an expedition to arctic from Churchill Manitoba to sea pack ice on Hudson bay I find desolation comforting and spiritual. In Trinidad they have pitch lake which is a prehistoric tar pit its literally a lake of semi liquid tar.

I don't like freezing weather so the Arctic is out of the question for me! I agree desolation is comforting and spiritual, we only have ourselves to face. That's why I prefer to travel alone, so free and so much time to do whatever we like to do. Taking a lone walk by the sea is so spiritual for me, I can sit watching the sea for hours. And I always stay on a place by the sea so I can sleep while listening to the sound of the waves. And hey, have fun in Dublin! Happy packing for tomorrow and stay safe!! Talk to you later, Insomnia! Post some Dublin pictures!

Do you find that you get bored easily when you travel alone? I know that being alone is beneficial in many ways, however I fear that if I travel alone, this will happen for me. I like sharing experiences with people. I know that I shouldn't have to rely on anyone to have a good time, but I do worry about this when I consider traveling alone.
everyone smiles in the same language

Richy (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 175
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2846
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Im never bored alone EVER lol

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:45 pm

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Im never bored alone EVER lol

Ditto!!! :haha:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Richy (3429282) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:48 pm

If I go somewhere, I'd ideally like to go for over a week. For the first few days, I'd be fine. Go out, explore, have a good time. I'm just worried that after I wouldn't know what to do. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE going doing things with me, myself, and I. I'm just not sure if I'd like to travel for an extended period of time by myself. :sick:

Richy (3429282)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Richy (3429282) wrote:

Do you find that you get bored easily when you travel alone? I know that being alone is beneficial in many ways, however I fear that if I travel alone, this will happen for me. I like sharing experiences with people. I know that I shouldn't have to rely on anyone to have a good time, but I do worry about this when I consider traveling alone.

No, never. There are many times that I have no choice but to travel alone. My husband works, and he cannot leave his work for a long time (usually once I go for a trip, it will be at least 3 weeks.) Sharing experience with other people is good, I enjoy parties and social gatherings (as long as not too long, lol) but for traveling, I enjoy my solo travel the best. Last year, I traveled in Europe for 25 days with a friend, and I could not enjoy it that much because I had to compromise with her about many things, we have different interests, unfortunately. I enjoy swimming, she does not. I enjoy shopping, she does not. Among others. So that means I lost time because I should not be selfish and had to listen to what she wanted to do too.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:52 pm

ive met at 2 different times once a man once a woman who were literally completing 2 yr ventures
The woman was an Auzzie who had planned trip with her partner who then took very ill and wanted her to go and report to ease her passing
the man was a brit who took care of his very ill wife for 5 years before he was widowed in her will were tickets and hotels booked from Thailand to Patagonia...

after first few days or dinning and adventure you sit in a shisha bar drinking apple tea and plan a few more days of dinning and adventure

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Richy (3429282) wrote:If I go somewhere, I'd ideally like to go for over a week. For the first few days, I'd be fine. Go out, explore, have a good time. I'm just worried that after I wouldn't know what to do. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE going doing things with me, myself, and I. I'm just not sure if I'd like to travel for an extended period of time by myself. :sick:

If you go to many places and do various different things, you won't get bored, I think.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:59 pm

I could and have spent entire days in cafes just watching people
Soaking in the sheer madness of being a stranger in a strange land

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:03 pm

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:ive met at 2 different times once a man once a woman who were literally completing 2 yr ventures
The woman was an Auzzie who had planned trip with her partner who then took very ill and wanted her to go and report to ease her passing
the man was a brit who took care of his very ill wife for 5 years before he was widowed in her will were tickets and hotels booked from Thailand to Patagonia...

after first few days or dinning and adventure you sit in a shisha bar drinking apple tea and plan a few more days of dinning and adventure

So touching :'( True love is beautiful, isn't it? :heart:
I am not going anywhere this year, and my husband offered me at least twice on different times if I wanted to go and I still said no thank you I am not going anywhere. My cat is not feeling well, he barfs and coughs and his urine was laden with crystals. He also needs to lose weight. I don't have the heart to go and leave him at home. This is my love for my cat :cat:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Richy (3429282) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Maybe I should look into planning a trip for myself, then. Maybe I'll just be surprised. :hug:

Richy (3429282)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:10 pm

ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:I could and have spent entire days in cafes just watching people
Soaking in the sheer madness of being a stranger in a strange land

You need to move a bit, haha. If there is a party like a beach party I usually jumped in and danced with them. :haha: There was this beach party with a live singing band in Nice (just by the sea) and it was a blast I am going back there next year. The hotel holds it every Thursday so I made sure my stay will include a Thursday :haha:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:11 pm

Richy (3429282) wrote:Maybe I should look into planning a trip for myself, then. Maybe I'll just be surprised. :hug:

Oh sure!! I hope so. I always plan my trip myself. What do you call it? Independent traveller?

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 am

I call it uncompromising vaca.....

Off to Ireland in 12 hours lol
Hoping to gain cockpit permission which is really cool viewing