Where have You Been?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:33 am

ELPHAHOLIC (184182673) wrote:I call it uncompromising vaca.....

Off to Ireland in 12 hours lol
Hoping to gain cockpit permission which is really cool viewing


LOL :haha:

Have a safe trip! I've never been to Ireland but I read it is stunning there! :drool:
And good luck with the cockpit permission!!
I don't trust people who throw flattery around. Most of the time it has a string attached.

ImageImage Image
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 405
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16113
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:12 pm

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara
I attended Eid al-Fitr along with 750 000 very strict Muslims not a problem

In fact the only problem I had was trying to figure out wtf smelled so good

also argon oil is cheap cheap cheap there


Really, that sounds very interesting...and smells delicious. My destinations would be Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fes, but of course Sahara desert is a must. Deserts are amazing, I was stunned when my flight flew for more than two hours over the Arabian desert without any sign of life below. Two hours!! By plane!! How vast a desert was that with no humans? :shocked:

Thanks, I might change my itineraries. Still giving it a thought, perhaps canceling the Croatia trip and go to Morocco via Madrid or Lisbon instead.


I would think very carefully before travelling to Morocco alone as a female, Ive heard first hand from girlfriends that it can be very intimidating for women being harassed by groups of men. One had money stolen from her wallet which was hidden in her case in her riad and was constantly followed by different men in Fes every time she went out, in fact she cut short her stay there because of it. Croatia is stunning I visited Split and definitely want to go back and travel around there.


Whoops, so sorry, Tuscany, I just saw your post now!! :shocked: :dizzy: Thanks for the advice. Now I am totally confused, lol. That sounds intimidating indeed :sad:
Maybe I will stick to my Croatian trip, actually I already booked an apartment for five days in front of the beach, just behind the ancient gate where Games of Thrones was filmed. Split is not in my book yet but it sounds good.
I don't trust people who throw flattery around. Most of the time it has a string attached.

ImageImage Image
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 405
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16113
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:51 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:I call it uncompromising vaca.....

Off to Ireland in 12 hours lol
Hoping to gain cockpit permission which is really cool viewing


Enjoy Ireland. I’ve always wanted to go. So much history and culture to soak up. :hug:
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12167
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:54 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara
I attended Eid al-Fitr along with 750 000 very strict Muslims not a problem

In fact the only problem I had was trying to figure out wtf smelled so good

also argon oil is cheap cheap cheap there


Really, that sounds very interesting...and smells delicious. My destinations would be Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fes, but of course Sahara desert is a must. Deserts are amazing, I was stunned when my flight flew for more than two hours over the Arabian desert without any sign of life below. Two hours!! By plane!! How vast a desert was that with no humans? :shocked:

Thanks, I might change my itineraries. Still giving it a thought, perhaps canceling the Croatia trip and go to Morocco via Madrid or Lisbon instead.


I would think very carefully before travelling to Morocco alone as a female, Ive heard first hand from girlfriends that it can be very intimidating for women being harassed by groups of men. One had money stolen from her wallet which was hidden in her case in her riad and was constantly followed by different men in Fes every time she went out, in fact she cut short her stay there because of it. Croatia is stunning I visited Split and definitely want to go back and travel around there.


Whoops, so sorry, Tuscany, I just saw your post now!! :shocked: :dizzy: Thanks for the advice. Now I am totally confused, lol. That sounds intimidating indeed :sad:
Maybe I will stick to my Croatian trip, actually I already booked an apartment for five days in front of the beach, just behind the ancient gate where Games of Thrones was filmed. Split is not in my book yet but it sounds good.


They actually filmed GOT in Split too. Climbing the tower of St Domnius Cathedral however was terrifying the steps to the top are wooden and wobble about, thought I was going to be stuck half way up clinging on to the rail i'm not great with heights haha I would very much recommend that beautiful ancient city though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3989
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Watched a boat pull up to dock and hand buckets of mussels from The Irish Sea to the restaurant owner Ate them 7 mins later ALL of them like 100 mussels in Howth Afterward a long conversation and cigars with a man from Cologne and another from Vienna Double Espressos courtesy of Straight connection TEE Trans Europe Express

Life is timeless and Europe's endless
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4795
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:27 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
ELVISH PRESLEY (184182673) wrote:Id say morocco is very safe for anyone travelling alone I even went into Berber villages up the mountain into the Sahara
I attended Eid al-Fitr along with 750 000 very strict Muslims not a problem

In fact the only problem I had was trying to figure out wtf smelled so good

also argon oil is cheap cheap cheap there


Really, that sounds very interesting...and smells delicious. My destinations would be Casablanca, Marrakesh and Fes, but of course Sahara desert is a must. Deserts are amazing, I was stunned when my flight flew for more than two hours over the Arabian desert without any sign of life below. Two hours!! By plane!! How vast a desert was that with no humans? :shocked:

Thanks, I might change my itineraries. Still giving it a thought, perhaps canceling the Croatia trip and go to Morocco via Madrid or Lisbon instead.


I would think very carefully before travelling to Morocco alone as a female, Ive heard first hand from girlfriends that it can be very intimidating for women being harassed by groups of men. One had money stolen from her wallet which was hidden in her case in her riad and was constantly followed by different men in Fes every time she went out, in fact she cut short her stay there because of it. Croatia is stunning I visited Split and definitely want to go back and travel around there.


Whoops, so sorry, Tuscany, I just saw your post now!! :shocked: :dizzy: Thanks for the advice. Now I am totally confused, lol. That sounds intimidating indeed :sad:
Maybe I will stick to my Croatian trip, actually I already booked an apartment for five days in front of the beach, just behind the ancient gate where Games of Thrones was filmed. Split is not in my book yet but it sounds good.


They actually filmed GOT in Split too. Climbing the tower of St Domnius Cathedral however was terrifying the steps to the top are wooden and wobble about, thought I was going to be stuck half way up clinging on to the rail i'm not great with heights haha I would very much recommend that beautiful ancient city though.


Now I need to try that!!! I love climbing high constructions, be they buildings, towers, fortresses, lighthouses, or cathedrals! I'll make sure I go to Split too if time permits.
I don't trust people who throw flattery around. Most of the time it has a string attached.

ImageImage Image
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 405
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16113
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:31 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:Watched a boat pull up to dock and hand buckets of mussels from The Irish Sea to the restaurant owner Ate them 7 mins later ALL of them like 100 mussels in Howth Afterward a long conversation and cigars with a man from Cologne and another from Vienna Double Espressos courtesy of Straight connection TEE Trans Europe Express

Life is timeless and Europe's endless


I love eating mussels. Had a bowl in Nice's Old Town, France, but it was a bit salty and the size of the bowl is HUGE, lol, and I was eating alone. I was shocked when it was served, lol.

I agree Europe's endless. So lucky for people who live in Europe.

No pictures, Insomnia?
I don't trust people who throw flattery around. Most of the time it has a string attached.

ImageImage Image
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 405
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16113
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Sure heres some off phone I havent bothered to download cameras yet
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4795
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 am

Wow! Stunning pictures, Insomnia! I love the stone church, never been to anything like that, I mean a church made of stones or rocks! I've been to stone constructions before, like in Pompeii, Athens and Istanbul, but they are not churches. But curiously the interior of the church looks like it came from a different period of time. Is that in Dublin? What church is that? It looks like the countryside. I'd enjoy walking along those stony alleys and steps. Thanks for uploading them for us to see. Ireland should be on my bucket list.
I don't trust people who throw flattery around. Most of the time it has a string attached.

ImageImage Image
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 405
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16113
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:14 am

That was an Anglican church on top of a hill in Howth a 15 min train ride from downtown Dublin a lot of the churches are rebuild roofs since the original roofs were wood and thatch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4795
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:49 am

That 7th photo looks like the bad part of my city haha Glad you got to see some graves
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3989
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:34 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:That was an Anglican church on top of a hill in Howth a 15 min train ride from downtown Dublin a lot of the churches are rebuild roofs since the original roofs were wood and thatch


I was googling it for about half an hour lol, it is Howth Parish Church of the Assumption. Interesting name...the Assumption :D
Really love the surroundings!
I don't trust people who throw flattery around. Most of the time it has a string attached.

ImageImage Image
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 405
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 16113
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:31 pm

LOL
The view was great from the top of the hill
no graveyard though between the seafood and the hills i bet they have long healthy lives
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4795
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Rainicorn (8264282) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 am

5 weeks in Italy with my BFF. It was the best time in my life! BFF passed away a few years ago from cancer. I’m fortunate to have made some amazing memories.
Image

Cellophane, Mr. Cellophane shoulda been my name
Mr. Cellophane 'cause you can look right through me
Walk right by me and never know I'm there
User avatar
Rainicorn (8264282)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 29, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2111
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Stealing the air from Planet Druidia.

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 am

Rainicorn (8264282) wrote:5 weeks in Italy with my BFF. It was the best time in my life! BFF passed away a few years ago from cancer. I’m fortunate to have made some amazing memories.


Sorry for your loss Rainicorn, Italy is wonderful :hug:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3989
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:27 am

I've been lucky enough to travel to many Countries but Home is Where the Heart is and I will never tire of walking this Beautiful coastline.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3989
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:32 pm

I live in Scotland - just south of Aberdeen - close to Carnoustie and St Andrew's golf courses. :haha: And of course only 90 miles from Edinburgh.
I've been to England, Wales, ROI, France and Italy on rugby tours. I've also visited my cousins in NI.
Holidays in Turkey, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife (multiple times) Portugal, Spain, Croatia and Zakynthos.
And of course yearly trips across the pond to the USA for the last 25 years. And we went to Mexico for a day because we were close to the border,
Some of you were pretty close when you visited Scotland. lol
I love my wee bucket.... :)
User avatar
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6106
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: On my Wee Bucket

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:07 pm

Lainie (124009750) wrote:I live in Scotland - just south of Aberdeen - close to Carnoustie and St Andrew's golf courses. :haha: And of course only 90 miles from Edinburgh.
I've been to England, Wales, ROI, France and Italy on rugby tours. I've also visited my cousins in NI.
Holidays in Turkey, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife (multiple times) Portugal, Spain, Croatia and Zakynthos.
And of course yearly trips across the pond to the USA for the last 25 years. And we went to Mexico for a day because we were close to the border,
Some of you were pretty close when you visited Scotland. lol


Edinburgh has to be one of my top Cities so much to see do and eat! Plus there was a big Rugby match when we went Scotland V New Zealand great atmosphere looks like we holiday in the same places :haha:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3989
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Rod (126579776) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Rhodes Greece - Alley in the Old City

I love watchin people live and how they make food. I got to spend half my day on this island wandering through the alleys of the Old City in Rhodes. I found a guy serving food in this alley and dug in. I want to go back to Rhodes more than any other location we visited, including Rome and Athens. In the main Palace Of The Knights they have one of the oldest copies of the Book Of John on display (5th century).

Image

Image

Image
Image

Mad Hatter - Have I gone mad?
Alice - I'm afraid so. Entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
User avatar
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 37056
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:08 pm

I make the Boccaccio with tomatoes and basil leaves a lot very fresh tasting with olive oil and balsamic.

another great thing I love eating is from Morocco Young green olives rolled in shredded cilantro
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4795
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Previous

Return to General Discussions