Where have You Been?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Where have You Been?

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Here in this world I crave cultures I breath in atmospheres and foods coffees people clothes the smell of a road in some far off place. EXPERIENCES that I may only happen across once.
Where was your favorite place
where have you been
what have you seen
what great experience made a change in your life?
Curious Minds want to know.
where have you been where do you want to go.
People go places ,we have to. Humans have trans migrated the globe 100x over
Last edited by INSOMNIA (184182673) on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INSOMNIA (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 3864
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: Where have You wandered?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Interesting thread, Insomnia.

I would say that my favorite place I have ever travelled to was the UK. Simply because of the circumstances. It was my first time ever being out on my own without family. I wandered to wherever interested me. I had gone with my Theater class in high school and I distinctly remember being yelled at by my Drama teacher for wandering throughout the city of Bath on my own when we were supposed to be in groups. The highlight of the trip, for me, was seeing Hampton Court. I'm a big history nut and Anne Boleyn is one of my favorite figures in history. I loved the differing architecture over two different time periods creating the distinct look of the palace. By far my favorite area of the palace was the Chapel Royale, where it's said that Jane Seymour's heart is hidden in a box behind the church panels. :shh: I was unable to see the hedge maze or the gardens and so that is definitely on my list next time I visit.

I have so many places in my head that I dream of travelling to. Ireland, Germany, France, Bran Castle in Romania, Greece, Israel/Palestine, Petra in Jordan, Peru, Indonesia, China, Japan, and more. Long, long list but I've had an itch to explore since before I could speak.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10302
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Tuscany can tell you about Bath shes close
lol Bran Castle and Peta on The list as well
My family is always travelling all over. Personally I enjoy going to the homelands of family members to really bind that connection with them.
If an odd accidental habit of taking pictures of my feet so Ive a strange collection of my feet in different places Which worked out really cool Since 1 of them im standing on the beginning of the Rose line in the Aya Sophia.
Travelling isnt any real fun until you just have a beer and wander about.

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:05 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:Tuscany can tell you about Bath shes close
lol Bran Castle and Peta on The list as well
My family is always travelling all over. Personally I enjoy going to the homelands of family members to really bind that connection with them.
If an odd accidental habit of taking pictures of my feet so Ive a strange collection of my feet in different places Which worked out really cool Since 1 of them im standing on the beginning of the Rose line in the Aya Sophia.
Travelling isnt any real fun until you just have a beer and wander about.

Yes I know. She told me about living near Bath when I told her about my trip.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Re: Where have You Been?

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:00 am

So far I've been to Spain, France,England, Latvia, Austria, Switzerland,Denmark,Czech, Italy, Sweden, Hungary,Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Greece,Turkey as well as New York City,New York and Memphis, Tennessee.
My two favorites so far are Greece and Turkey. I love the architecture, culture,friendliness of the people as well as the food. Weather is nicer there as well. They may have 10 degrees Celsius more than Germany in summer,but the humidity levels are different, and it ends up feeling lovely overthere while we just melt away here.
Last edited by Mizz Libra (136290570) on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 441
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 27751
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:36 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:Interesting thread, Insomnia.

I would say that my favorite place I have ever travelled to was the UK. Simply because of the circumstances. It was my first time ever being out on my own without family. I wandered to wherever interested me. I had gone with my Theater class in high school and I distinctly remember being yelled at by my Drama teacher for wandering throughout the city of Bath on my own when we were supposed to be in groups. The highlight of the trip, for me, was seeing Hampton Court. I'm a big history nut and Anne Boleyn is one of my favorite figures in history. I loved the differing architecture over two different time periods creating the distinct look of the palace. By far my favorite area of the palace was the Chapel Royale, where it's said that Jane Seymour's heart is hidden in a box behind the church panels. :shh: I was unable to see the hedge maze or the gardens and so that is definitely on my list next time I visit.

I have so many places in my head that I dream of travelling to. Ireland, Germany, France, Bran Castle in Romania, Greece, Israel/Palestine, Petra in Jordan, Peru, Indonesia, China, Japan, and more. Long, long list but I've had an itch to explore since before I could speak.

It wasn't just her heart her entrails were taken out and interned in a lead casket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3343

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 am

One of my top 5 has to be Florence when I turned the corner and first set eyes on the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore it literally took my breath away. The Galleria dell Accademia di Firenze, Micheal Angelos David, the statue of Perseus with the head of Medusa, that City is so packed full of everything I adore I cant wait to go back. It was also the hottest place i've ever been and don't recommend going in August haha

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:48 am

statues are always bigger than you can imagine
In the Pantheon I was walking about and it was pretty busy some communist party protest outside.But I saw a spot in the alcoves no one was bothering to visit so I went over read the plaque and its Raphael's tomb. Im all excited OMG I call my wife over Is Raphael's tomb !! His bones are in there. "They buried a Turtle?"
Actually its a pretty gruesome church with bizarre depictions of the 7 stations heavily encoded with Priory Symbolism Awesome place Closest thing Christianity has to a Mosque

INSOMNIA (184182673)

Postby Always (112546669) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Cool thread :love:

Of my travels, my favorite place so far is the Catedral of Santa María or Catedral Primada de Toledo :heart:

Here I saw and knew for the first time about the "transparentes" so far one of the most beautiful Baroque artworks i ever seen, it really is like you are looking into eternity. Its and amazing place to take pics and pay attention to all the details, theres so much to look around.

Transparente

Transparente

ImageImage
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 9622
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:01 pm

I spent 2 months in Glasgow while working. But the weekends were mine. Glasgow is a city with an intensely violent history, and many of those who live there experienced some of it personally. I went to both the Protestant and Catholic portions of town and got to know some of the people. I ate their food. I learned about why hate becomes easy. I drank their beer. I learned about why America and Americans get the reputations they do internationally. And I grew as a person in both my knowledge of that region and how the little things can make huge difference on a personal level.

I got my favorite compliment of my entire life in Glasgow - "You don't seem very American". LOL I didn't have the heart to tell him about my gun collection. :haha:
Last edited by Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) on Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Sir Spurtsalot (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32805
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:09 pm

Always (112546669) wrote:Cool thread :love:

Of my travels, my favorite place so far is the Catedral of Santa María or Catedral Primada de Toledo :heart:

Here I saw and knew for the first time about the "transparentes" so far one of the most beautiful Baroque artworks i ever seen, it really is like you are looking into eternity. Its and amazing place to take pics and pay attention to all the details, theres so much to look around.

Transparente

Transparente

stunning thanks for sharing the photos

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Yee Stenfexion (126579776) wrote:I spent 2 months in Glascow while working. But the weekends were mine. Glascow is a city with an intensely violent history, and many of those who live there experienced some of it personally. I went to both the Protestant and Catholic portions of town and got to know some of the people. I ate their food. I learned about why hate becomes easy. I drank their beer. I learned about why America and Americans get the reputations they do internationally. And I grew as a person in both my knowledge of that region and how the little things can make huge difference on a personal level.

I got my favorite compliment of my entire life in Glascow - "You don't seem very American". LOL I didn't have the heart to tell him about my gun collection. :haha:

Do you mean Glasgow Rod

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Always (112546669) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:12 pm

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:
Always (112546669) wrote:Cool thread :love:

Transparente

Transparente

stunning thanks for sharing the photos

I took those from google, but im gonna search mine and see if i can post them later :love:
ImageImage
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 9622
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:23 pm

It wasn't just her heart her entrails were taken out and interned in a lead casket.

I didn’t know that. That’s really interesting. I’m so into the Tudor era and the figures of this time. If I could sit down and have a conversation with anyone from history, it would be Anne Boleyn. Hands down.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:35 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:

I didn’t know that. That’s really interesting. I’m so into the Tudor era and the figures of this time. If I could sit down and have a conversation with anyone from history, it would be Anne Boleyn. Hands down.

If you are into Tudor History try reading about the Plantagenets. I found them just as interestiing if not more so. The Wars of the Roses. :hug:

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm

Yee Stenfexion (126579776) wrote:I spent 2 months in Glascow while working. But the weekends were mine. Glascow is a city with an intensely violent history, and many of those who live there experienced some of it personally. I went to both the Protestant and Catholic portions of town and got to know some of the people. I ate their food. I learned about why hate becomes easy. I drank their beer. I learned about why America and Americans get the reputations they do internationally. And I grew as a person in both my knowledge of that region and how the little things can make huge difference on a personal level.

I got my favorite compliment of my entire life in Glascow - "You don't seem very American". LOL I didn't have the heart to tell him about my gun collection. :haha:

Do you mean Glasgow Rod

LOL typin too fast and not payin attention. TY doll :hug:

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:53 pm

Yee Stenfexion (126579776) wrote:

Do you mean Glasgow Rod

I actually googled Glascow :haha: Did you get across to Edinburgh? that is a Beautiful City

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:59 pm

Do you mean Glasgow Rod

I actually googled Glascow :haha: Did you get across to Edinburgh? that is a Beautiful City

I made the train station in Edinborough on my way to St Andrews, and did a little exploring there both on the way to St Andrews and on the way back. It took me a while to get used to the trains, but eventually I found my way. I wish the US had better trains like the UK, but I also recognize the massive differential in scale between most of Europe and the US. Most weekends I got invited to spend a day with some of the people that worked in the company I was auditing. I took advantage of every one of those. Meeting the families and learning from them about what they loved and hated about Glasgow were some of my favorite days. I also loved listening to them have a giggle at my "California/Texas" accent. All I had to say was "dude ya'll" one time and they'd laugh for 30 minutes.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Do you mean Glasgow Rod

I made the train station in Edinborough on my way to St Andrews, and did a little exploring there both on the way to St Andrews and on the way back. It took me a while to get used to the trains, but eventually I found my way. I wish the US had better trains like the UK, but I also recognize the massive differential in scale between most of Europe and the US. Most weekends I got invited to spend a day with some of the people that worked in the company I was auditing. I took advantage of every one of those. Meeting the families and learning from them about what they loved and hated about Glasgow were some of my favorite days. I also loved listening to them have a giggle at my "California/Texas" accent. All I had to say was "dude ya'll" one time and they'd laugh for 30 minutes.

personally I cant understand a word Glaswegians say apart from Fek :haha:

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Do you mean Glasgow Rod

personally I cant understand a word Glaswegians say apart from Fek :haha:

:haha: They do love that word. :angel:

"Kwi yar fek'n rown".........was uttered quite frequently by one of my coworkers to his kids. It took me about 20 listens to understand exactly what he was instructing the 'lil buggars' to do.