Cultured Meat?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Cultured Meat?

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:I support farmers and hunters and eat real meat.

:thumbsup:

The factory farming industry that is one of the biggest contributors to climate change and the biggest contributor to the abuse of 50 billion animals annually does not deserve any support, IMO.

In your opinion. IMO cultured meat is as artificial as processed cheese. :thumbsup:

Factually, the meat is literally produced exactly the same as how flesh is created in the wild. Scientists remove stem cells from an animal and "feed" the cells with protein and carbohydrate to allow the cells to grow and form into muscle cells. The same happens to all living creatures on Earth in the wild. The only difference is that one takes place in a body and one in a lab. The process by which the meat is grown does not differentiate from the natural way.

I do understand that many people have reservations about it. But I think if even a quarter of the population is able to make the switch from traditional agricultural farming to cellular agriculture, it would benefit the planet, the animals, and their own health immensely.

Did you ever see the movie "Soylent Green"? :?:

Now there was a "win-win" solution...... :haha:

:star: :drink: :drink:
Welcome to Sweet Dreams
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h73262949

I carry your heart. ee cummings
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3902
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:02 pm

good fresh grade A beef on the bbque -makes my mouth water-yeah farmers and good meat!!!

* FDA approved meat from Canada is a lot different than in the USA*

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 50159
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:28 am

JustJo (106622274) wrote:good fresh grade A beef on the bbque -makes my mouth water-yeah farmers and good meat!!!

Really? How's that?
Welcome to Sweet Dreams

Robyn VIP (8132649)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Idk, I think we eat many things that we don't know where it comes from...

Here in Netherlands and some other countries in Europe, were several scandals with meat... To be honest, I don't bother anymore, I eat meat sometimes, but l prefer fish and I buy it at fisherman's places. Thank God I live near the sea... :)
It's Scorpio season!
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 12079
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:08 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:Idk, I think we eat many things that we don't know where it comes from...

Here in Netherlands and some other countries in Europe, were several scandals with meat... To be honest, I don't bother anymore, I eat meat sometimes, but l prefer fish and I buy it at fisherman's places. Thank God I live near the sea... :)

I buy locally farmed meat and we live right off the ocean so the seafood is fresh. I never buy grocery store meat because I don't trust it. :thumbsup:
Welcome to Sweet Dreams

Robyn VIP (8132649)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed May 01, 2019 4:04 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:Idk, I think we eat many things that we don't know where it comes from...

I buy locally farmed meat and we live right off the ocean so the seafood is fresh. I never buy grocery store meat because I don't trust it. :thumbsup:

The seafood might be fresh, but it’s stll coming from waters polluted with microbeads and various other plastics. We all have to eat, but none of our food sources are pure and safe at this point. Not even produce :sad:
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 16593
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed May 01, 2019 6:18 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:

The seafood might be fresh, but it’s stll coming from waters polluted with microbeads and various other plastics. We all have to eat, but none of our food sources are pure and safe at this point. Not even produce :sad:

Agreed :thumbsup:
It's Scorpio season!
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 12079

Postby ELFSouthernBelle (103681266) » Fri May 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Same, hunters and farmers are the heart of America. I'd rather support and fund a farmer and hunters back pocket or even kill my own meat than eat cultured meat :thumbsup:
Missing you comes in waves and tonight I'm drowning
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice

ELFSouthernBelle (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 8984
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 pm

JustJo (106622274) wrote:good fresh grade A beef on the bbque -makes my mouth water-yeah farmers and good meat!!!

More than 77% of the beef that Canadians consume is imported from the US. It doesn't matter if FDA approved meat from Canada is "different". You guys still financially support factory farming on an international scale.

I support family farms and ethical farming. Buying meat from factory farms is not ethical and does not support farmers. It supports an industry that exploits the planet, abuses animals, and exploits their workers. The majority of whom are immigrants from South America that end up being traumatized and developing many mental and emotional health issues by what they see on factory farms.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 11962

Postby Little Red (187264354) » Fri May 03, 2019 8:50 pm

This is a interesting read on world wide import and exports of beef

https://canadabeef.ca/wp-content/upload ... 3b-WEB.pdf
Step On Me I am The Key

Little Red (187264354)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 04, 2016

Forum Posts: 646
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri May 03, 2019 9:33 pm

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) wrote:

Same, hunters and farmers are the heart of America. I'd rather support and fund a farmer and hunters back pocket or even kill my own meat than eat cultured meat :thumbsup:

Cultured meat was introduced as a means to end or at the very least majorly reverse the effects of factory farming.

If you choose to support family farms or hunt for your own meat, than you are not purchasing from factory farms and I commend you for that.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri May 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Little Red (187264354) wrote:This is a interesting read on world wide import and exports of beef

https://canadabeef.ca/wp-content/upload ... 3b-WEB.pdf

Thank you for the link! I will get to reading it as soon as I can. :) :thumbsup:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby NoodAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Sat May 04, 2019 10:52 am

Queen Mata (13429328) wrote:That's what a teacher called us in HS when she was in a good mood...

:haha: :haha: :haha: and no on cultured meat. Interesting paper! We are all screwed not only with all meats but fruit and vegetable crops as they’re all sprayed with nonsense chemicals. Even if not, our environment is messed up. Anything marked organic makes me crack up. Sorry can’t trust that. Our ancestors would be laughing at that, but I’d also like to yell at them for dumping so much crap in our rivers, lakes, oceans etc over the years which was one method that started ruining our earth. A chemical company near here used to dump their waste into the ground in residential areas 50-60 years ago. Etc and makes me :wailing: :grr
ImageImage

NoodAnjelZ XXX (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 5274
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Sat May 04, 2019 11:22 am

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:
Queen Mata (13429328) wrote:That's what a teacher called us in HS when she was in a good mood...

:haha: :haha: :haha: and no on cultured meat. Interesting paper! We are all screwed not only with all meats but fruit and vegetable crops as they’re all sprayed with nonsense chemicals. Even if not, our environment is messed up. Anything marked organic makes me crack up. Sorry can’t trust that. Our ancestors would be laughing at that, but I’d also like to yell at them for dumping so much crap in our rivers, lakes, oceans etc over the years which was one method that started ruining our earth. A chemical company near here used to dump their waste into the ground in residential areas 50-60 years ago. Etc and makes me :wailing: :grr

I agree with everything you said and how nicely you got right to the point with-out all the jumbo, and yes "We are screwed". They have messed with things they have no business doing and here is the outcome to their chemicals. Sorry my YO people but we have to eat, so mangia mangia up, lol.

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 1289
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sat May 04, 2019 1:17 pm

So let me see if I understand you correctly. It's okay to continue supporting factory farming and abuse rather than buying lab grown meat(which is exactly the same thing as regular meat) because the planet is screwed anyway? :eh:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby NoodAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Sat May 04, 2019 2:55 pm

So let me see if I understand you correctly. It's okay to continue supporting factory farming and abuse rather than buying lab grown meat(which is exactly the same thing as regular meat) because the planet is screwed anyway? :eh:

My answer was towards cultured meat, nothing to do with factory farming. In regards to cultured meat, I don't know enough about it, and would have to research it fully before trying lab meat. I don't know the process, or what else they inject. I've had family & friends die from cancer, MS & ALS....so yes my guard is way up on what we put into our mouths. I went onto another soap box in your thread here on our planet and apologize for getting off topic. Best wishes on your paper. :heart:
ImageImage

Postby NoodAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Sat May 04, 2019 2:56 pm

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) wrote:

I agree with everything you said and how nicely you got right to the point with-out all the jumbo, and yes "We are screwed". They have messed with things they have no business doing and here is the outcome to their chemicals. Sorry my YO people but we have to eat, so mangia mangia up, lol.

Thx Xtra :hug:
ImageImage

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat May 04, 2019 3:52 pm

:thumbsup: :trophy:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14665
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sat May 04, 2019 3:54 pm

My answer was towards cultured meat, nothing to do with factory farming. In regards to cultured meat, I don't know enough about it, and would have to research it fully before trying lab meat. I don't know the process, or what else they inject. I've had family & friends die from cancer, MS & ALS....so yes my guard is way up on what we put into our mouths. I went onto another soap box in your thread here on our planet and apologize for getting off topic. Best wishes on your paper. :heart:

Oh I see. I think the biggest issue regarding society's view of cultured meat is whether or not it will have side effects when you consume it. So far, the science shows that that is not the case. However, I can understand why many people may be turned away by the idea.

Thank you for the response and for the insight! :D
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Sat May 04, 2019 5:03 pm

just check the FDA laws for more than one country-that is a very interesting read-a lot but if ya want in the know of things :?:

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 50159
Forum Title: YoManiac

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions