any GoT fans? *spoilers *

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: any GoT fans? *spoilers *

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Thu May 09, 2019 7:07 am

Richy (3429282) wrote:I liked how S8 started, but after episode 4, I feel like the series is taking a turn I'm not liking. I miss GRRM's writing. I'm not sure if setting Daenerys up to be the Mad Queen is the right move, but it's GoT so anything can happen. Alsooo, what an awful way for Rhaegal to go out! I don't understand how Dany couldn't have seen Euron's ships being that high! And I know Jaime may have his reasons for doing what he did, but ruining his character development in ONE scene all of a sudden ...that frustrated me so much.

I noticed Daenerys turning in the first episode. But I'm not sure if it's because she wasn't getting the love and devotion she is so used to. And now she has lost almost everything, seeing the size of her army in episode 4 made me sad. Hardly an army anymore.

I remember years ago reading that GRRM had told the writers how he wanted the story to end. I'm hoping that they have stuck to his vision and not let the public persuade a different ending. There's a lot of angry fans or more like bandwagoners on social media. But really, how much of a percentage do they make up of the viewers?

I think Tyrion has the most reason to kill Cersei, I just don't think that he would do it. But then, he did kill his father.

How did Euron know their plan to go to Dragonstone? How did he know about Casterly Rock?
...............................Image

FILTHY (152622928)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 2279
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Richy (3429282) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:40 pm

FILTHY (152622928) wrote:
Richy (3429282) wrote:I liked how S8 started, but after episode 4, I feel like the series is taking a turn I'm not liking. I miss GRRM's writing. I'm not sure if setting Daenerys up to be the Mad Queen is the right move, but it's GoT so anything can happen. Alsooo, what an awful way for Rhaegal to go out! I don't understand how Dany couldn't have seen Euron's ships being that high! And I know Jaime may have his reasons for doing what he did, but ruining his character development in ONE scene all of a sudden ...that frustrated me so much.

I noticed Daenerys turning in the first episode. But I'm not sure if it's because she wasn't getting the love and devotion she is so used to. And now she has lost almost everything, seeing the size of her army in episode 4 made me sad. Hardly an army anymore.

I remember years ago reading that GRRM had told the writers how he wanted the story to end. I'm hoping that they have stuck to his vision and not let the public persuade a different ending. There's a lot of angry fans or more like bandwagoners on social media. But really, how much of a percentage do they make up of the viewers?

I think Tyrion has the most reason to kill Cersei, I just don't think that he would do it. But then, he did kill his father.

How did Euron know their plan to go to Dragonstone? How did he know about Casterly Rock?

I remember reading somewhere that GRRM does not actually know the ending to HBO's GoT, but he has an idea of what may happen. I really hope things end, at the very least, in a realistic manner. Let's see how tonight's episode goes!
Richy (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 167
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2753
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Richy (3429282) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Richy (3429282)

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Mon May 13, 2019 6:23 am

Richy (3429282) wrote:
FILTHY (152622928) wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that GRRM does not actually know the ending to HBO's GoT, but he has an idea of what may happen. I really hope things end, at the very least, in a realistic manner. Let's see how tonight's episode goes!

Oh ok, this was back about season 3 or 4.

That video you posted, was that commentary from this season?
If so, everything that happened apart from Rhaegal's death was from season 7, before she knew about the scorpion and the night king. I haven't watched all of the behind the scenes stuff, but could the writer (not sure which one is which) be referring to while she was at Winterfell? I don't remember the iron fleet being spoken about there. I mean, I could be wrong.

I remember while season 7 was running people were picking it to pieces saying how bad the writing was etc. Now, they are complaining that all of the character development from season 1 to 7 was destroyed in this episode. Which, if you watch the whole series again, is not true at all.
So now apparently season 7 was good in their opinion. I have loved the whole series, apart from the Dornish in season 5? They kind of sucked. I understand about the whole Cersei being pregnant thing seen as a waste and kind of a plot hole with the witches prophecy. I actually thought she was lying to keep Jaime with her. But then, it could be what brought him back to her too, which would have given it reason.

I hated this episode and it's not because I think it was bad. I hated it like I hated Cersei, but she was such an amazing character. I did want Arya to be the one to kill Cersei, but when I saw Daenerys flying towards the red keep on the dragon I knew it would be her. Even though indirectly, it was her.

I have been reading fantasy for about 20 years and I have never seen anything of this magnitude come from it ([email protected] all over Lord Of The Rings) Am I a lower common denominator? As I've seen commented. Maybe. But as I thought when season 7 was running, people are not ready for it to end so are in some weird grievance state and lashing out. Definitely at the anger stage.

This post makes me sound insane, I'm not. Or am I???

The Hound :wailing:

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Richy (3429282) » Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

FILTHY (152622928) wrote:Oh ok, this was back about season 3 or 4.

That video you posted, was that commentary from this season?
If so, everything that happened apart from Rhaegal's death was from season 7, before she knew about the scorpion and the night king. I haven't watched all of the behind the scenes stuff, but could the writer (not sure which one is which) be referring to while she was at Winterfell? I don't remember the iron fleet being spoken about there. I mean, I could be wrong.

I remember while season 7 was running people were picking it to pieces saying how bad the writing was etc. Now, they are complaining that all of the character development from season 1 to 7 was destroyed in this episode. Which, if you watch the whole series again, is not true at all.
So now apparently season 7 was good in their opinion. I have loved the whole series, apart from the Dornish in season 5? They kind of sucked. I understand about the whole Cersei being pregnant thing seen as a waste and kind of a plot hole with the witches prophecy. I actually thought she was lying to keep Jaime with her. But then, it could be what brought him back to her too, which would have given it reason.

I hated this episode and it's not because I think it was bad. I hated it like I hated Cersei, but she was such an amazing character. I did want Arya to be the one to kill Cersei, but when I saw Daenerys flying towards the red keep on the dragon I knew it would be her. Even though indirectly, it was her.

I have been reading fantasy for about 20 years and I have never seen anything of this magnitude come from it ([email protected] all over Lord Of The Rings) Am I a lower common denominator? As I've seen commented. Maybe. But as I thought when season 7 was running, people are not ready for it to end so are in some weird grievance state and lashing out. Definitely at the anger stage.

This post makes me sound insane, I'm not. Or am I???

The Hound :wailing:
I'm gonna have to disagree with the bolded part. Daeny always made it a point for others to know she was not her father. After Barristan told her about Aerys, she said she wasn't him. Both her and Jon agreed they were not responsible for their parents' actions. At the beginning of S7, she explicitly said she was not going to attack King's Landing because she was not going to be queen of the ashes. I understand that Daenerys has been to great lengths before to get things done, but she always valued life. When the soldiers surrendered in King's Landing, she went on to kill all those innocent souls in the city. I know she has lost so much, but so has everyone else.
Richy (3429282)

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Mon May 13, 2019 11:52 pm

She has always been talked out of it, all of her advisers that did this are gone. You could see that she had stopped trusting Tyrion.

I wanted to see her on the throne but not like this. Now I want Jon to take his claim.

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed May 15, 2019 3:57 am

I would have rather waited another two years for the Author to finish the book than have to endure this travesty. Can't wait for the book so I can read it and erase this season from my memory forever. :wailing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE SCORPIONS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOBIUS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 2984

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:06 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:I would have rather waited another two years for the Author to finish the book than have to endure this travesty. Can't wait for the book so I can read it and erase this season from my memory forever. :wailing:

Totally agree! :thumbsup:

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 7836
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Sat May 18, 2019 4:40 am

I agree 100%. I really hate when a show is really good and then the ending does not even remotely do justice to the awesomeness of the rest of the show. I felt that same way with "Dexter". The most stupid ending of any show I had ever watched.... at least until now. I hope the very final episode of GOT won't be even worse than the rest of season 8.

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:I would have rather waited another two years for the Author to finish the book than have to endure this travesty. Can't wait for the book so I can read it and erase this season from my memory forever. :wailing:
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 434
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 25812
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Mon May 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Bunch a punks

"Your my queen youll always be my queen "

anyways my wife lost a bet we made in season 3 The Raven HAD to win he sees all possible futures it only made sense

ok ok maybe im just selfish since almost all my favs lived!
~TUSCANY~~~~~ Advancing the Art of Design on YoWorld ~~ ~~~INSOMNIA~
EPIC TOURS~ Game of Thrones ~ Lord of the Rings ~ Dreamscapes ~ PANORAMAS

INSOMNIA (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 3187
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm

I didn't know the three-eyed raven could see the future I thought he could only see the past and the present. Guess that's something I missed. I knew that Jojan could see the future, but he was different.

The shot of Drogon's wings opening up behind Daenerys was stunning. I realised that I didn't want her to die even after what she had done, but I saw it coming with the conversation between her and Jon. That was a very sad scene.

Anyway, it didn't end how I wanted it to but most of them looked happy with where they were when it finished.

ImageImageImage

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Mon May 20, 2019 6:32 pm

"There is some debate as to whether Bran can also see the future. He has definitely seen flashes of future events in his visions, like in his montage of quick glimpses in season six, episode six. As this slow-mo video shows, Bran sees the explosion of the Great Sept of Baelor four episodes before it actually happens.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean Bran can just look into the future like a fortune teller and see all the events unfold — because if he could, why hasn't he done that already? It feels more like Bran can get flashes of events, almost like prophecies, rather than full-on knowledge of the future"

Which is why he says when asked to be King
"Why do you think Ive traveled all this way" He'd already seen himself as King

INSOMNIA (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 3187
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Mon May 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Ok, that makes sense.

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:23 am

I cant even talk about it..............Coffee Cup.....water bottle.....Jamies hand Growinng back...what a joke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE SCORPIONS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOBIUS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 2984

Postby PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Wed May 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:I agree 100%. I really hate when a show is really good and then the ending does not even remotely do justice to the awesomeness of the rest of the show. I felt that same way with "Dexter". The most stupid ending of any show I had ever watched.... at least until now. I hope the very final episode of GOT won't be even worse than the rest of season 8.

:thumbsup: Agree! :trophy: We were glad they didn't kill them all off leaving one to rule.......and really thought they were going to kill off John Snow, but wait a minute, he can't be killed off as he doesn't die right? lol.....ok author give us something good to finish this off in our minds! Books are ALWAYS BETTER! :hug:
ImageImage

"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." Lucille Ball

Check out my Sushi Beach Blvd!

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 4054
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby INSOMNIA (184182673) » Wed May 22, 2019 3:54 pm

yeah if his hand grew back what about theons lol

INSOMNIA (184182673)