any GoT fans? *spoilers *

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

any GoT fans? *spoilers *

Postby Richford (3429282) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Last edited by Richford (3429282) on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
si puedes leer esto, quiero ser tu amigo.
Richford (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 178
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2869
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: any GoT fans?

Postby CyberPunK (187030201) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:55 am

I tried twice to get myself into it and failed. Could be the slow pace and my short attention span to blame but I can see where the hype comes from, a lot of hard work is put into this.
"We have this giant thermonuclear reactor up in the sky, called the Sun. It's great, shows up every day, very reliable." - Elon Musk
CyberPunK (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8306
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:16 am

major fan here. I also loved Tormund telling the others in the group how he grew up in the last episode, and very happy for Brienne for what Jaime did for her. Long overdue.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 460
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 31019
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 am

I'm quite happy with the first 2 episodes thus far. LUV all the reunions! :thumbsup: :hug:
ImageImage

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." Lucille Ball

PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 5408
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Richford (3429282) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:14 am

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:major fan here. I also loved Tormund telling the others in the group how he grew up in the last episode, and very happy for Brienne for what Jaime did for her. Long overdue.

Brienne knighted is one of the BEST scenes of the series!! She states she doesn’t wanna be knighted because she’s become used to refusing and laughing off anything before anyone else does it for the fact that she’s a woman. As she and the others realize Jaime is being serious, she takes part. And it made me so happy for her! :hug:
Richford (3429282)

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Yes :heart: and she looked so happy and honored.

Richy (3429282) wrote:Brienne knighted is one of the BEST scenes of the series!! She states she doesn’t wanna be knighted because she’s become used to refusing and laughing off anything before anyone else does it for the fact that she’s a woman. As she and the others realize Jaime is being serious, she takes part. And it made me so happy for her! :hug:

Mizz Libra (136290570)

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:03 pm

Yes! I loved the first couple episodes of this season. Jon, Daenerys, Arya and Tyrion have been my favourite characters since the beginning with many more now added to that list.
I'm becoming wary of Daenerys now though, she seems to be cracking. I hope I'm wrong. She's the one I've always wanted to see ending up sitting on the Iron Throne.

Tormund was hilarious in the latest episode.
...............................Image

FILTHY (152622928)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 3880
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:08 pm

So now that Jon and Daenerys are related, will that be the end of their relationship? Or just the beginning...
:D

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12807
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:So now that Jon and Daenerys are related, will that be the end of their relationship? Or just the beginning...
:D

Maybe we'll find out tonight :D

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Richford (3429282) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:08 pm

What an INTENSE episode tonight! I totally was not expecting that ending. I never thought I'd say this, but go Theon. He's grown so much and I'm proud of him. Now I wonder what's going to happen with Daeny and Cersei. :shocked: I think that no matter Jon's right to the throne, Daeny is gonna fight for it. I used to root for her, but she's gotten worse this season. :/

Also RIP Lyanna
Richford (3429282)

Re: any GoT fans? *spoilers *

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:48 pm

Omggggggggg I was screaming and shouting and crying throughout last night's episode. What a fantastic blindside - I had to message Maisie Williams and congratulate her on such an outstanding performance. If she doesn't get awards for that episode then there is no justice!!

A Girl is Arya Stark...... dont f*** with her!!

Theon's exit was poetry in motion. I cried but felt that he had made good on all that he had done before. He went out as a legend. As did Lady Mormont!! Omggggg that was such a beautiful exit for her. Warrior to the end. #TheNorthRemembers
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10581
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Arya surprised me big time, although I did know she was a bad azz fighter.
Lyanna's death did justice to her character. Of course such a fiesty girl would not go out without a good fight.
Jorah also died the kind of death I figured he would, protecting the woman he loved, giving his all for her, although she does not love him back in the same way.
It sucks that House Mormont has now vanished with the death of those two.
Theon definitely got things figured out towards the end and redeemed himself for the bad things he had done prior, and I thought it was fine of Bran to thank him.
Melisandre lighting the Dothraki's swords on fire was pretty awesome, and I was further in awe when she created that ring of fire that protected Winterfell from the white walkers going further for just a little while, and she is another character who I believe redeemed herself for her wrongs.
I was glad that Ser Davos did not kill her out of anger over what she'd done to Shireen.
Eddison dying protecting Samwell was a pity,too. He seemed to be a good lad and leader of the night's watch.
There were two scenes that made me giggle as well.
One being when Arya gave Sansa the dagger and Sansa explained that she did not know how to use that, to which Arya said "Stick them with the pointy end".
The other being when Tyrion and Sansa hide out in the crypt after the white walkers had broken through.
They have both matured so much.

Mizz Libra (136290570)

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:00 pm

It really was an amazing episode. I have noticed many throwbacks to the first season in this one.
I had wondered if that dagger had some significance in killing the Night King when it was shown in the book Sam was looking through last season.
Now for Cersei to die... :devil:

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Richford (3429282) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:03 am

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:Arya surprised me big time, although I did know she was a bad azz fighter.
Lyanna's death did justice to her character. Of course such a fiesty girl would not go out without a good fight.
Jorah also died the kind of death I figured he would, protecting the woman he loved, giving his all for her, although she does not love him back in the same way.
It sucks that House Mormont has now vanished with the death of those two.
Theon definitely got things figured out towards the end and redeemed himself for the bad things he had done prior, and I thought it was fine of Bran to thank him.
Melisandre lighting the Dothraki's swords on fire was pretty awesome, and I was further in awe when she created that ring of fire that protected Winterfell from the white walkers going further for just a little while, and she is another character who I believe redeemed herself for her wrongs.
I was glad that Ser Davos did not kill her out of anger over what she'd done to Shireen.
Eddison dying protecting Samwell was a pity,too. He seemed to be a good lad and leader of the night's watch.
There were two scenes that made me giggle as well.
One being when Arya gave Sansa the dagger and Sansa explained that she did not know how to use that, to which Arya said "Stick them with the pointy end".
The other being when Tyrion and Sansa hide out in the crypt after the white walkers had broken through.
They have both matured so much.

I love the reference that made back to season one with Jon and Arya. I also thought the mini reunion in the crypt between Tyrion and Sansa was well executed. When Tyrion originally arrived in Winterfell with Daeny, Sansa naturally had some negative feelings toward him, but in the face of death they were together, just as they were in King's Landing.
Richford (3429282)

Postby Richford (3429282) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:04 am

FILTHY (152622928) wrote:It really was an amazing episode. I have noticed many throwbacks to the first season in this one.
I had wondered if that dagger had some significance in killing the Night King when it was shown in the book Sam was looking through last season.

It's going to be Jaime that kills her, I'm calling it now!!
Richford (3429282)

Postby Richford (3429282) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:06 am

Actual footage from the battle of Winterfell:

Richford (3429282)

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Wed May 01, 2019 12:10 am

Richy (3429282) wrote:
FILTHY (152622928) wrote:It really was an amazing episode. I have noticed many throwbacks to the first season in this one.

It's going to be Jaime that kills her, I'm calling it now!!

I've wanted it to be Arya, but since she's the one who killed the Night King, you're probably right.
Richy (3429282) wrote:Actual footage from the battle of Winterfell:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I watch everything on my laptop which has 4K quality picture (17'' screen), and once I switched the night light on I could see it perfectly, just had a very slight red tint. I've read other comments with some people having 4K quality TVs that had no issues with the picture.

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Wed May 01, 2019 5:18 am

Either him or Arya. He would be a good choice because they are siblings and were lovers for a long time, even had three children together. It took him a long time to see her for who she really is and to distance himself.
Arya has had her on her list of people to kill to take revenge for what had been done to her family and friends for ages.
She definitely deserves to be the one who puts an end to Cersei.

Both of them are great fighters.

I'd also love to see a battle between the two Clegane brothers, and of course the Hound to win :)

Richy (3429282) wrote:It's going to be Jaime that kills her, I'm calling it now!!

Mizz Libra (136290570)

Postby Richford (3429282) » Wed May 08, 2019 10:09 pm

I liked how S8 started, but after episode 4, I feel like the series is taking a turn I'm not liking. I miss GRRM's writing. I'm not sure if setting Daenerys up to be the Mad Queen is the right move, but it's GoT so anything can happen. Alsooo, what an awful way for Rhaegal to go out! I don't understand how Dany couldn't have seen Euron's ships being that high! And I know Jaime may have his reasons for doing what he did, but ruining his character development in ONE scene all of a sudden ...that frustrated me so much.
Richford (3429282)

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Wed May 08, 2019 11:06 pm

Richy (3429282) wrote:I liked how S8 started, but after episode 4, I feel like the series is taking a turn I'm not liking. I miss GRRM's writing. I'm not sure if setting Daenerys up to be the Mad Queen is the right move, but it's GoT so anything can happen. Alsooo, what an awful way for Rhaegal to go out! I don't understand how Dany couldn't have seen Euron's ships being that high! And I know Jaime may have his reasons for doing what he did, but ruining his character development in ONE scene all of a sudden ...that frustrated me so much.

I agree about her not seeing the ships when she was in the sky on the dragon. Also not sure about what Jaime is up to but if it is what they are making it appear than that is awful. Why build him up? I hope that is not the case and its more to it. I don't know about you guys but I want to see Cersei lose her head and honestly there really is not a character one that would not be right for the job. Heck let them all have a stab at her. :haha: I am curious though as to who its going to be. I really hope anyway that she meets her end one way or another before its over.

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 9054
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Next

Return to General Discussions