What is with the Fightings???

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: What is with the Fightings???

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) wrote:I don't think anyone hates anyone in this forum. I can not imaging having that feeling toward someone or someone else toward me. What I can say, I am sure not everyone likes everyone, but that is life... I usually run away from people proclaiming that they like everyone :haha: :haha:
But most of us are adults, and as such, we agree, disagree and we apologize when we know we did wrong. Otherwise, life goes on. :thumbsup:

PS: Apologizing is such of wonderful and adult thing to do when is sincere :heart:

i disagree, i think there is a very small select few who hate each other.... well at least thats the impression i get when reading a few comments on some of the threads that got out of hand and some that got locked! there is a few who seem to jump on someones thread just to have digs. if they don't hate her why do they do it? :?:

And I totally respect the fact that you disagree with me. :heart:
But I was just talking thru my point of view. I don't know who hates who (if someone does, well, too bad for them), neither I have no clue who loves who. I have read so many rude posts countless times! Countless thread got locked...I know I can be harsh sometimes, but I treat people how they treat me,or I stand for what is right. I don't play victim, neither I am one.
And when you say "if they don't hate her why do they do it? " is that a question for me? Because if it is, are your referring to an specific person? her who?
Last edited by MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1467
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 am

MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) wrote:I don't think anyone hates anyone in this forum. I can not imaging having that feeling toward someone or someone else toward me. What I can say, I am sure not everyone likes everyone, but that is life... I usually run away from people proclaiming that they like everyone :haha: :haha:
But most of us are adults, and as such, we agree, disagree and we apologize when we know we did wrong. Otherwise, life goes on. :thumbsup:

PS: Apologizing is such of wonderful and adult thing to do when is sincere :heart:

i disagree, i think there is a very small select few who hate each other.... well at least thats the impression i get when reading a few comments on some of the threads that got out of hand and some that got locked! there is a few who seem to jump on someones thread just to have digs. if they don't hate her why do they do it? :?:

And I totally respect the fact that you disagree with me. :heart:
But I was just talking thru my point of view. I don't know who hates who (if someone does, well, too bad for them), neither I have no clue who loves who. I have read so many rude posts countless times! Countless thread got locked...I know I can be harsh sometimes, but I treat people how they treat me,or I stand for what is right. I don't play victim, neither I am one.
And when you say "if they don't hate her why do they do it? " is that a question for me? Because if it is, are your referring to an specific person? her who?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Stacey (186047797) wrote:I just hate to see all the fighting... I find it well, petty. But... This Forum for this game is actually better than other Forums for other games I have been a part of... there are quite a few I used to be a part of and the bullying and fighting in those Forums are Horrible! The Mods are even a part of the problem there but not here... I have noticed here they try to put a stop to things before it gets out of hand and that's why I enjoy this Forum more than the other Forums... I think I just rambled... I'm sorry[/color][/b]

oh i agree with you there. there is one person who comes to mind that when she posts she gets one or two come on just to have a dig. usually one, then when she replies, that persons friend has to come along and joins in. it is silly and petty and i know not everyone can get along... just wish that if they didn't like that person then they would just stay away and ignore her threads. its got to the point where when i see it i think 'oh here we go again'! my 7 year old Granddaughter behaves better than a few on this Forum!

I completely agree with you about behavior on this forum. My 10 year old sister behaves far more maturely than some so-called "adults" here on this forum. Whenever I see someone refuse to take responsibility for their actions or twist situations around on others I immediately view them as less mature and worthy of adult-level respect than elementary school children. At least they can take responsibility for their actions.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 11991
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 am

Last edited by Theresa (122233016) on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14720
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby lolo PIC (150794464) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:39 am

And I am not going to mention any names but there is a player that I swear come's into the forum's and seek's out easy target's to say the most absurd condescending remarks to, and with absolutely no rhyme nor reason to it what so ever!! It absolutely baffles my mind!!

This person say's such ruthless demeaning remarks to a person that wasn't engaging them in conversation in the first place? This is cyber bullying and it is horrific and I feel that BVG need's to adopt a no tolerance clause in their rules!

This person has no idea to whom they spew their hateful venomous word's towards!! It could be an adult that couldn't care less, but it could just as easily be a child that uses this game as a escape from a ruthless life they have to endure on a daily basis, and they walk into this gross disgusting behavior from a weak minded individual!!

You know who you are, I have questioned your motives before. And as always I get no response! I have one more question, what can you possibly gain for yourself by displaying a complete lack of empathy towards anyone? Do you think people are going to idolize such childish, weak minded behavior?

Yale University statistics on cyber bullying in 2018 are as follows....
CYBER BULLYING STATISTICS:
Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.

If these statistics don't bother you then you are a sociopath and don't belong anywhere near a social media outlet, I don't care if BVG ban's me for standing up to you, but I promise you with everything I have in me if I witness it again I will get you shut down and it won't be by BVG! I have seen a child cyber bullying suicide up close and personal, and I have absolute ZERO TOLERANCE for it.

I apologize to anyone that might take offence to my words, it is not my intent to stir up, offend, or engage on it with anyone other than the perpetrator for which it is intended! They know who they are, and they know who I am, I have tried to engage them in conversation in their offensive rant before. I'm still here and would sure love to chat with ya!! :bye:

lolo PIC (150794464)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 23, 2010

Forum Posts: 4164
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby lolo PIC (150794464) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 am

But if it is someone just getting their panties in a bunch and want to blame the world for their problem's, these are my words to you!
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

lolo PIC (150794464)

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:03 pm

xXxloloxXx (150794464) wrote:Image

And I am not going to mention any names but there is a player that I swear come's into the forum's and seek's out easy target's to say the most absurd condescending remarks to, and with absolutely no rhyme nor reason to it what so ever!! It absolutely baffles my mind!!

This person say's such ruthless demeaning remarks to a person that wasn't engaging them in conversation in the first place? This is cyber bullying and it is horrific and I feel that BVG need's to adopt a no tolerance clause in their rules!

This person has no idea to whom they spew their hateful venomous word's towards!! It could be an adult that couldn't care less, but it could just as easily be a child that uses this game as a escape from a ruthless life they have to endure on a daily basis, and they walk into this gross disgusting behavior from a weak minded individual!!

You know who you are, I have questioned your motives before. And as always I get no response! I have one more question, what can you possibly gain for yourself by displaying a complete lack of empathy towards anyone? Do you think people are going to idolize such childish, weak minded behavior?

Yale University statistics on cyber bullying in 2018 are as follows....
CYBER BULLYING STATISTICS:
Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.

If these statistics don't bother you then you are a sociopath and don't belong anywhere near a social media outlet, I don't care if BVG ban's me for standing up to you, but I promise you with everything I have in me if I witness it again I will get you shut down and it won't be by BVG! I have seen a child cyber bullying suicide up close and personal, and I have absolute ZERO TOLERANCE for it.

I apologize to anyone that might take offence to my words, it is not my intent to stir up, offend, or engage on it with anyone other than the perpetrator for which it is intended! They know who they are, and they know who I am, I have tried to engage them in conversation in their offensive rant before. I'm still here and would sure love to chat with ya!! :bye:

Totally agree! :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Last edited by Theresa (122233016) on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Last edited by Theresa (122233016) on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 pm

There is nothing wrong with small "fights", it is normal in RL and at forums. We can't all be same, we can't all think same, we can't all agree on everything... We can't see each other and talk face to face. Sometimes, writen words can be interpreted wrong just because of that. There are people at this forum whoes first language is not English, that can be one of the reasons too.

What can be wrong at forum is when certain persons posts in threads to stir up drama on purpose. Thank God I don't see that much last days.

There is nothing wrong with apologizing either, if it is sincere and without "But..." :)
It's Scorpio season!
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 12100
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu May 02, 2019 4:12 am

Let me post another quote (I love quotes, which are a good source of inspiration):

“Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it.” ― Noam Chomsky

The quote by MIT Professor Noam Chomsky taught me, or reminded me, of two things:
1. For me to try not to be hypocritical, and check if I also do what I accuse other people of doing.
2. Everyone has bias, however "objective" one may think he is. "Truth" could be subjective (not talking about the bigger truth, which nobody knows).

In addition to the two things above, who are we to judge other people, when even the God of most religions does that only after the person died? Besides, on the internet, we do not know who these people sitting behind the monitors are, and most importantly, what they have suffered, what burdens and unhappiness they are carrying now. We practically know almost nothing about them. Their words they wrote online might not reflect who they really are. Some may act to be better than they really are, and some may act the opposite by acting worse than they really are. Online representations are not a valid evidence of the person's character, as many people lie to themselves and fool themselves without they even realizing it, moreover when in public. What they are trying to project, consciously or unconsciously, is a persona, but not their real selves (to make things worse, not many people know their real selves either), and there are various types of personae, like the "the Bad Azz" persona, "the Angel Incarnated" persona, and various others. People pick the persona which give them the most gratification, and some pick more than one persona you might think he is either emotionally unstable or has a multiple personality disorder, lol. But people are just people and we have a bit of all human traits in ourselves as well, our DNA are not that much different after all, we do share the same epic journey of a 4 billion-year of evolution to be the modern human we are now.

When we accuse someone to be a bully, is he really a bully? For other people whom he has defended before, he could be a hero. It is a matter of perspective. And if we bully a bully, won't that make us another bully? Maybe we are (and not forgetting the "paradox of tolerance" argument by the philosopher of science Karl Popper), if the means we use is exactly the same as the one used by the very people we accused of bullying, i.e. by threatening, intimidating, or by public shaming the person we think are bullies. A bully is often the result or victim of past or present bullying, maybe done by a parent, by a spouse, by a boss, or by a group of people who find enjoyment in ganging up on another. Who knows the person we accuse of bullying might also be one who has thought of ending his life and can do it anytime? The act of bullying is a vicious circle, we cannot stop bullying by bullying, we cannot stop trolling by trolling, we cannot stop online attacks by attacking back, we cannot stop hate by hate, not saying that anyone in particular is doing it. And that not forgetting the fact that what we perceive as an act of bullying, trolling, or attacking, could possibly be perceived as such due to our own prejudices and biases. Nobody is exactly perpendicular, if we are to be honest to ourselves, we always interpret an event with some dose of confirmation bias. That's how the brain works anyway, by default our brain is defective.

Neuroscience said that our brain is partly, and literally, shaped by our life experiences that we can even pass to our progenies (like the feeling of fear towards an object), and most of us, I believe, have experienced and received both love and hate at different times and at various degrees. The more hatred we've got, the more hatred we might also share to others as our brain was biologically and molecularly changed by producing new synapses leading to the feeling or emotion of hatred, and likewise with love, but we also have some portion of Free Will (even if not completely free due to biological events) and have a choice which one of the two to share: love, or hatred. When the late Mr. Nelson Mandela was released from prison, he said that if he still had hatred in his heart, then he would still be in prison. Hate is really a big word, and a very heavy burden to shoulder. I hate nobody here, and nobody in real life either. Being human, I might like some people a bit more and some people a bit less, but hate? No :phew:

Thanks for reading. Wow this is my longest post to date :phew:

“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 15048
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby lolo PIC (150794464) » Sat May 04, 2019 9:55 am

:sad:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:Let me post another quote (I love quotes, which are a good source of inspiration):

“Everyone’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s really an easy way: Stop participating in it.” ― Noam Chomsky

The quote by MIT Professor Noam Chomsky taught me, or reminded me, of two things:
1. For me to try not to be hypocritical, and check if I also do what I accuse other people of doing.
2. Everyone has bias, however "objective" one may think he is. "Truth" could be subjective (not talking about the bigger truth, which nobody knows).

In addition to the two things above, who are we to judge other people, when even the God of most religions does that only after the person died? Besides, on the internet, we do not know who these people sitting behind the monitors are, and most importantly, what they have suffered, what burdens and unhappiness they are carrying now. We practically know almost nothing about them. Their words they wrote online might not reflect who they really are. Some may act to be better than they really are, and some may act the opposite by acting worse than they really are. Online representations are not a valid evidence of the person's character, as many people lie to themselves and fool themselves without they even realizing it, moreover when in public. What they are trying to project, consciously or unconsciously, is a persona, but not their real selves (to make things worse, not many people know their real selves either), and there are various types of personae, like the "the Bad Azz" persona, "the Angel Incarnated" persona, and various others. People pick the persona which give them the most gratification, and some pick more than one persona you might think he is either emotionally unstable or has a multiple personality disorder, lol. But people are just people and we have a bit of all human traits in ourselves as well, our DNA are not that much different after all, we do share the same epic journey of a 4 billion-year of evolution to be the modern human we are now.

When we accuse someone to be a bully, is he really a bully? For other people whom he has defended before, he could be a hero. It is a matter of perspective. And if we bully a bully, won't that make us another bully? Maybe we are (and not forgetting the "paradox of tolerance" argument by the philosopher of science Karl Popper), if the means we use is exactly the same as the one used by the very people we accused of bullying, i.e. by threatening, intimidating, or by public shaming the person we think are bullies. A bully is often the result or victim of past or present bullying, maybe done by a parent, by a spouse, by a boss, or by a group of people who find enjoyment in ganging up on another. Who knows the person we accuse of bullying might also be one who has thought of ending his life and can do it anytime? The act of bullying is a vicious circle, we cannot stop bullying by bullying, we cannot stop trolling by trolling, we cannot stop online attacks by attacking back, we cannot stop hate by hate, not saying that anyone in particular is doing it. And that not forgetting the fact that what we perceive as an act of bullying, trolling, or attacking, could possibly be perceived as such due to our own prejudices and biases. Nobody is exactly perpendicular, if we are to be honest to ourselves, we always interpret an event with some dose of confirmation bias. That's how the brain works anyway, by default our brain is defective.

Neuroscience said that our brain is partly, and literally, shaped by our life experiences that we can even pass to our progenies (like the feeling of fear towards an object), and most of us, I believe, have experienced and received both love and hate at different times and at various degrees. The more hatred we've got, the more hatred we might also share to others as our brain was biologically and molecularly changed by producing new synapses leading to the feeling or emotion of hatred, and likewise with love, but we also have some portion of Free Will (even if not completely free due to biological events) and have a choice which one of the two to share: love, or hatred. When the late Mr. Nelson Mandela was released from prison, he said that if he still had hatred in his heart, then he would still be in prison. Hate is really a big word, and a very heavy burden to shoulder. I hate nobody here, and nobody in real life either. Being human, I might like some people a bit more and some people a bit less, but hate? No :phew:

Thanks for reading. Wow this is my longest post to date :phew:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I pray with all my heart that yourself or your loved ones never have to endure or witness the extremely painful fatal ending of a cyber bully :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

lolo PIC (150794464)

Postby DinaR (184000649) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Stacey (186047797) wrote:What is with all this Fighting and Apologies and Whatnot in the game? Are we all not adults here? Not everyone is gonna get along. Instead of calling people out why not just ignore each other? Instead of trying to ruin someone's gaming experience why not just pay attention to your own game and well chill? I know not everyone likes me in this game and I don't care... I'm not here to make anyone happy... I'm here because I enjoy this game and I have met some very wonderful people on this game! It hurts me seeing those wonderful people so down. I wish I could give them a hug and it angers me too because that means someone is out there to get them! Why?! Why must people try to bring others down? Why can't you just move on with your life if you hate someone instead of going out of your way to hurt them or get them banned? Do you really need to be that petty? I just want to see my friends happy and not going through all this! Everyone has someone out there that does not like them... it's life... you can't please everyone you know! I have people that hate me too but I just move on with my life and don't dwell on it... if I have done someone wrong I will apologize to them and hope they'll accept my apology but I will not try to ruin their gaming experience or try to get them banned for something petty... I can only hope they'll forgive and forget and move on... I am not asking for their friendship. If anyone has done me wrong I hope they would apologize to me and if they do I'll accept their apology and move on with my life... That's all...

The last 2 weekends, the passive aggressive comments I have read are very pathetic. I think is better to be straight forward and solve problems like grown ups
DinaR (184000649)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 28, 2012

Forum Posts: 15
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Stacey (186047797) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 pm

DinaR (184000649) wrote:
Stacey (186047797) wrote:What is with all this Fighting and Apologies and Whatnot in the game? Are we all not adults here? Not everyone is gonna get along. Instead of calling people out why not just ignore each other? Instead of trying to ruin someone's gaming experience why not just pay attention to your own game and well chill? I know not everyone likes me in this game and I don't care... I'm not here to make anyone happy... I'm here because I enjoy this game and I have met some very wonderful people on this game! It hurts me seeing those wonderful people so down. I wish I could give them a hug and it angers me too because that means someone is out there to get them! Why?! Why must people try to bring others down? Why can't you just move on with your life if you hate someone instead of going out of your way to hurt them or get them banned? Do you really need to be that petty? I just want to see my friends happy and not going through all this! Everyone has someone out there that does not like them... it's life... you can't please everyone you know! I have people that hate me too but I just move on with my life and don't dwell on it... if I have done someone wrong I will apologize to them and hope they'll accept my apology but I will not try to ruin their gaming experience or try to get them banned for something petty... I can only hope they'll forgive and forget and move on... I am not asking for their friendship. If anyone has done me wrong I hope they would apologize to me and if they do I'll accept their apology and move on with my life... That's all...

The last 2 weekends, the passive aggressive comments I have read it is very pathetic. I think is better to be straight forward and solve problems like grown ups

I agree... things have kind of calmed down since when I first posted this but it was bothering me seeing people I think highly of fighting... I know not everyone is gonna be my friend on here and I accept that but I try not to fight with people over petty things... there is one person I used to like to talk to about art but that person blocked me in game and refuses to even speak to me on the Forums so I figure it's his loss... I'll find other people I can talk to about random things and art... I guess to some I seem like a Drama Maker but in all honesty I can't stand Drama... I like it better when there is no Drama in my life and things are calm and peaceful

Stacey (186047797)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 1424

Postby DinaR (184000649) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Stacey (186047797) wrote:
DinaR (184000649) wrote:

The last 2 weekends, the passive aggressive comments I have read it is very pathetic. I think is better to be straight forward and solve problems like grown ups

I agree... things have kind of calmed down since when I first posted this but it was bothering me seeing people I think highly of fighting... I know not everyone is gonna be my friend on here and I accept that but I try not to fight with people over petty things... there is one person I used to like to talk to about art but that person blocked me in game and refuses to even speak to me on the Forums so I figure it's his loss... I'll find other people I can talk to about random things and art... I guess to some I seem like a Drama Maker but in all honesty I can't stand Drama... I like it better when there is no Drama in my life and things are calm and peaceful

:hug: :hug: :hug: It is always better when there is no drama :hug: :hug: :hug: You seem a lovely and smart person :heart:
DinaR (184000649)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 28, 2012

Forum Posts: 15
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 am

this thread made me cringe and I am part of it!!!!, yikes! :haha: :haha: :haha:

No regrets tho!!! :smug: