Always judge people

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Always judge people

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:19 am

by how youexperience them, not according to "What you've heard.
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8071
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Always judge people

Postby Riff (185643699) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:31 am

i would listen to my dogs
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 11475
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am

Riff (185643699) wrote:i would listen to my dogs

I listen to turtles.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Richy (3429282) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:56 pm

What if the way you experience them isn’t representative of who they are?
Richy (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 167
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2752
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Richy (3429282) wrote:What if the way you experience them isn’t representative of who they are?

:smug: ;)

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. - Bill Bennot
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 31400
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Riff (185643699) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Richy (3429282) wrote:What if the way you experience them isn’t representative of who they are?

wow thats so deep
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 11475
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:

wow thats so deep

Yes tis. Facades are worn everyday to facilitate the favorable acceptance of strangers, friends, and family. What we experience in a moment or even many moments observing people is nothing but the mirage they choose to show. It takes pressure to peel back the layers of a real person. And pressure doesn't come in controlled environments. So the reality is that we judge people based on what they show.......until they are pressured and cracks it creates shows us who is inside.

I used to think facades were worn only by specific types of people, but I now know better. Almost everyone walks around with a mask and a cape on in this world. The real problem is trying to figure out if they are a villain or a hero under that mask.

You know who usually runs around without masks on? Most kids, people with downs syndrome, people who have faced death, and people over 75 years of age.

:smug:

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. - Bill Bennot
Rod (126579776)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:39 pm

I used to be "friends" with a girl who was a sociopath. I didn't know at the time that she was a sociopath. Anyway, one day, she found out that her friend who she had a thing for liked me more than he ever liked her and, when that happened, her entire attitude towards me changed. She decided that she didn't like me anymore and then proceeded to continuously do sneaky and horrible things to me while we were "friends". I still was super nice to her because I tend to always ignore the signs(shortcoming of mine) and now, looking back, I really regret ever even looking in her direction much less giving her the time of day. She would wait until I would unlock my phone to send a text and then wait until I set my phone down to do something to then go onto my phone and send messages to my boyfriend(her crush) cussing him out or saying horrible things and then deleting the messages in the hopes that I won't find out. She would tell people that she knew that I disliked or who disliked me that I accused them or "raping me" or of doing things to me just so that she could start drama in my life or give me a reputation as a liar. She once went to my ex-boyfriend's car and messed with it during school hours( I don't know exactly what she did) and then told him that it was me. I wasn't even at school when this happened. And then not even a week later, she lied and told everyone that I went I did the same thing to her car when in reality she did it to her own car just because she, again, wanted to ruin my reputation and start drama in my life. She convinced so many people that I didn't even know that I had mental health issues and that I am a liar and that I do crazy and violent things when that's not even me in the slightest. Imagine logging on to Facebook only to have dozens of people you've never met before comment on your posts and send you messages calling you crazy and insisting that you have mental health issues because of lies that they heard about you. She would give my number and address out to people. She would literally be in group chats about me with people that I have never even met or seen in person before. She would make fake accounts just to send me horrible messages and then when I would confront her about them she would tell me that I "probably made fake accounts to harass myself". She took any sense of privacy that I had away from me. She literally drove me to the point of being miserable and almost to the point of having a nervous breakdown just because she felt like it. And then when I posted about this constant harassment and bullying and did to her a tiny fraction of what she did to me, she literally posted saying that I was "obsessed" with her. Can you imagine going out of your way to mess with someone's life just because you feel like it and then claiming that that person is obsessed with you just because they literally did to you a tiny fraction of what you did to them?

Anyway, despite the hell that I experienced because of this person, there are still people who have been friends with her for years who insist that she's an angel. Isn't that just perfect...
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 9528

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:53 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:

I used to be "friends" with a girl who was a sociopath. I didn't know at the time that she was a sociopath. Anyway, one day, she found out that her friend who she had a thing for liked me more than he ever liked her and, when that happened, her entire attitude towards me changed. She decided that she didn't like me anymore and then proceeded to continuously do sneaky and horrible things to me while we were "friends". I still was super nice to her because I tend to always ignore the signs(shortcoming of mine) and now, looking back, I really regret ever even looking in her direction much less giving her the time of day. She would wait until I would unlock my phone to send a text and then wait until I set my phone down to do something to then go onto my phone and send messages to my boyfriend(her crush) cussing him out or saying horrible things and then deleting the messages in the hopes that I won't find out. She would tell people that she knew that I disliked or who disliked me that I accused them or "raping me" or of doing things to me just so that she could start drama in my life or give me a reputation as a liar. She once went to my ex-boyfriend's car and messed with it during school hours( I don't know exactly what she did) and then told him that it was me. I wasn't even at school when this happened. And then not even a week later, she lied and told everyone that I went I did the same thing to her car when in reality she did it to her own car just because she, again, wanted to ruin my reputation and start drama in my life. She convinced so many people that I didn't even know that I had mental health issues and that I am a liar and that I do crazy and violent things when that's not even me in the slightest. Imagine logging on to Facebook only to have dozens of people you've never met before comment on your posts and send you messages calling you crazy and insisting that you have mental health issues because of lies that they heard about you. She would give my number and address out to people. She would literally be in group chats about me with people that I have never even met or seen in person before. She would make fake accounts just to send me horrible messages and then when I would confront her about them she would tell me that I "probably made fake accounts to harass myself". She took any sense of privacy that I had away from me. She literally drove me to the point of being miserable and almost to the point of having a nervous breakdown just because she felt like it. And then when I posted about this constant harassment and bullying and did to her a tiny fraction of what she did to me, she literally posted saying that I was "obsessed" with her. Can you imagine going out of your way to mess with someone's life just because you feel like it and then claiming that that person is obsessed with you just because they literally did to you a tiny fraction of what you did to them?

Anyway, despite the hell that I experienced because of this person, there are still people who have been friends with her for years who insist that she's an angel. Isn't that just perfect...

That's horrible. That girl is what I call "evil" and I am sorry you had to go through that. I have had run ins with psychotics in my days and I am not proud of some things I said and did to extricate them from my world. But they were necessary. I'm glad it sounds like it is behind you.

Rod (126579776)

Postby Renee 53 (108305250) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:03 pm

I like to think I'm a pretty good judge of people. I went to the nursing home today to visit Dad and Mom and first thing they tell me when I walked in, is that someone came into their room while they weren't in there and took ALL the money out of BOTH of their wallets!!!!!!! I was SOOOOOOO angry I couldn't see straight. I reported it of course but there's really nothing anyone can do. No one knows the day it happened or even the exact amount of money. After being there at least twice a week for the past 8 months, I'm pretty sure I know who did this. He might think he's got me fooled but I don't see him in quite the same light as my parents do. They are pretty smitten with him and think he's one of the best CNA's working. Of course I can't prove anything so I can't say anything. I just get that vibe from him. Oh he's nice enough and as far as care goes, he is good to my parents, but everything is not always as it seems. If I ever can prove anything.............I promise you he will be looking for a new job. :grr :grr :grr
Renee 53 (108305250)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 21383
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Do not out-deep me in my own threads, this is embarrassing. :sleepy: :haha: :hug:
I'll work on a reply after my food arrives, i can't think of anything else right now.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 pm

This is a strong statement that it would be stupid to argue against. I think it all falls down to your sensors and how you read people overall, sometimes people show their "true colors" early on, other times it doesn't happen till after you trust and confide in them and the balance starts to move in their favor because now they know more about you than you know about them, but that's how we learn who to get close to and who to avoid.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:20 pm

I just remembered this, when I first signed up to the Forums a friend of mine who is very known here told me that it won't take long before Rod and I have a standoff. I can be persuaded to give logic a priority but I rarely start with logic in mind, instead, I'm more emotionally driven/expressive than a logical thinker or speaker, if that makes sense.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:48 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I just remembered this, when I first signed up to the Forums a friend of mine who is very known here told me that it won't take long before Rod and I have a standoff. I can be persuaded to give logic a priority but I rarely start with logic in mind, instead, I'm more emotionally driven/expressive than a logical thinker or speaker, if that makes sense.

*stands off* :haha:

Rod (126579776)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:04 am

Dicky OToole (126579776) wrote:
Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I just remembered this, when I first signed up to the Forums a friend of mine who is very known here told me that it won't take long before Rod and I have a standoff. I can be persuaded to give logic a priority but I rarely start with logic in mind, instead, I'm more emotionally driven/expressive than a logical thinker or speaker, if that makes sense.

Probably something like this

Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:34 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:

Probably something like this

Rod (126579776)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:22 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:

That's horrible. That girl is what I call "evil" and I am sorry you had to go through that. I have had run ins with psychotics in my days and I am not proud of some things I said and did to extricate them from my world. But they were necessary. I'm glad it sounds like it is behind you.

Thank you, Rod. :hug: At least I learned from the situation and I am now more selective of who I let into my life.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 9528

Postby Richy (3429282) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:

wow thats so deep

Yes tis. Facades are worn everyday to facilitate the favorable acceptance of strangers, friends, and family. What we experience in a moment or even many moments observing people is nothing but the mirage they choose to show. It takes pressure to peel back the layers of a real person. And pressure doesn't come in controlled environments. So the reality is that we judge people based on what they show.......until they are pressured and cracks it creates shows us who is inside.

I used to think facades were worn only by specific types of people, but I now know better. Almost everyone walks around with a mask and a cape on in this world. The real problem is trying to figure out if they are a villain or a hero under that mask.

You know who usually runs around without masks on? Most kids, people with downs syndrome, people who have faced death, and people over 75 years of age.

:smug:

I've found this to be very true with very few exceptions.
Richy (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 167
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2752
Forum Title: YoLover

Return to General Discussions