Why I won't join a YoFamily in game

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Why I won't join a YoFamily in game

Postby Stacey (186047797) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 pm

Do any of you belong to one of those YoFamilies? Or have you been offered to join a YoFamily?I made a choice to never join a YoFamily and after last night I think my choice was the right choice. I have a friend that I've been friends with for a very long time but last night I noticed they changed their name and is now part of a YoFamily which at the time was no big deal but I went to their home to collect the daily rewards (coins) and he had another one of his YoFamily in the room with him who got upset I was there and demanded he kick me from the room. I didn't think he'd kick me because we've been friends for such a long time but before he kicked me she was calling him her 13 year old son... he's actually an older man that works with children, he was calling her Mom telling her he didn't want to kick me and it was getting a bit freaky then he kicked me. Needless to say I was quite upset that a friend would listen to someone he just met and kick a friend he's been friends with for a very long time soooo we parted ways and are no longer friends. This is one reason why I'll never join a YoFamily, some of them are very freaky and weird. Some people I know say their YoFamilies are very nice but I refuse to let some people try to control me or tell me what to do when I have friends visiting me plus I will never change my name for these YoFamilies. I will always remain as Stacey. I think him throwing away our friendship because of a pretend YoFamily is stupid but now I know what he's truly like and I don't need that in my life especially on a game I enjoy! Have any of you had problems with YoFamilies? If you're in a YoFamily what is it like for you? I'm curious...

Stacey (186047797)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 620
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Why I won't join a YoFamily in game

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:26 pm

It is sad that your friend is treating you that way now that he is part of a family.
Personally the whole family business is just not my thing.
Yes, of course, Yoworld itself is a roleplay. We dress up and decorate in different themes of different eras,
but I have no interest in playing family.
Even some "clubs" are already suspect to me and I find that they take themselves a little too serious,
demanding that the members add the club name or abbreviation to their Yo name, and having requirements regarding
how much someone owns in items, coins or YoCash.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 22232
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Stacey (186047797) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:58 pm

I love meeting people in the game but sometimes I meet some really shady people which makes me wonder what they're like in real life. I like the game because I'm addicted to decorating homes which I see as a form of art and I enjoy shopping for the clothing in game and sometimes I host contests in the forums because I love to give back. I wish I had enough YoCoins and YoCash that I could give to everyone but unfortunately I'm not one of those people with tons and tons of YoCoins or YoCash LOL. These YoFamilies are like a whole new level of weird for me... some of them I've noticed are too demanding of their members and I just can't do that. Losing a friend over a YoFamily just made me realize that this person wasn't who I thought they were and I guess I'll just find better friends who won't let some fake YoFamily control them or who they are friends with. Last night I was hurt that this happened but today I'm just more annoyed than hurt and a tad bit angry. Friends come and go but real friends stay.

Stacey (186047797)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 620
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby KimmieStarDreams (14315228) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:31 pm

i dont join yofamilys either not for me . :D i dont blame u i wouldnt change my name either . if someone treating u like that , they wasnt much of a freind . some ppl like to go with the crowd , i never do that cause i make my own choices :D i wouldnt worry about it
KimmieStarDreams (14315228)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 87106
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Fizzy Nypplez (126579776) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:03 am

They ain't for me. I don't follow anyone anywhere.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an angry woman from any direction.
Fizzy Nypplez (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 29494
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby GANGSTA (172261836) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:33 am

I considered it back in '10
never again

GANGSTA (172261836)
YoWorld Level: 181
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 20, 2010

Forum Posts: 162
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Dafydd (13294231) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:39 am

Stacey (186047797) wrote:Do any of you belong to one of those YoFamilies? Or have you been offered to join a YoFamily?I made a choice to never join a YoFamily and after last night I think my choice was the right choice. I have a friend that I've been friends with for a very long time but last night I noticed they changed their name and is now part of a YoFamily which at the time was no big deal but I went to their home to collect the daily rewards (coins) and he had another one of his YoFamily in the room with him who got upset I was there and demanded he kick me from the room. I didn't think he'd kick me because we've been friends for such a long time but before he kicked me she was calling him her 13 year old son... he's actually an older man that works with children, he was calling her Mom telling her he didn't want to kick me and it was getting a bit freaky then he kicked me. Needless to say I was quite upset that a friend would listen to someone he just met and kick a friend he's been friends with for a very long time soooo we parted ways and are no longer friends. This is one reason why I'll never join a YoFamily, some of them are very freaky and weird. Some people I know say their YoFamilies are very nice but I refuse to let some people try to control me or tell me what to do when I have friends visiting me plus I will never change my name for these YoFamilies. I will always remain as Stacey. I think him throwing away our friendship because of a pretend YoFamily is stupid but now I know what he's truly like and I don't need that in my life especially on a game I enjoy! Have any of you had problems with YoFamilies? If you're in a YoFamily what is it like for you? I'm curious...

I don't and I won't, although i was not aware this existed. Dafydd is a character i use in writing and art, so he is pretty much set in stone for who his family is and what sort of character he is. In his non-Yo incarnation, he is a 27 year old Welsh-Norwegian horror movie composer and metal musician who rarely smiles and rarely talks. I am not going to suddenly change him or his story.
"The plans came to me in a vision
Behold my hands
Guided by the supernatural
And the spiral it spirals
Plot the way trip away tip the scale
The stars align the fuel is fine
And we explode into oblivion"

Dafydd (13294231)
YoWorld Level: 241
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 151
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Amanda Christie (187032505) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Not joining YoFamily because they tell you that you have to online EVERYDAY. How about my homework?
Amanda Christie (187032505)
YoWorld Level: 135
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 28, 2016

Forum Posts: 1623
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:56 am

I didn't even know these things existed. Sounds just too weird and kind of pervy to me
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 2426
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:56 am

I barely keep up with my real family, let alone a virtual family. :haha:
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 7783
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby KimmieStarDreams (14315228) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:00 am

:haha:
Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I barely keep up with my real family, let alone a virtual family. :haha:
:haha: :haha:
same
KimmieStarDreams (14315228)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 87106

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 pm

I know yoworld game is a dress up and arrange furniture game but never in my mind would I even consider someone who isn't a kid trying to be a kid who has to do things that they are told to do-I already did my growing up-I never let anyone make my choices and decisions -that whole concept of things is frikken weird

Been through lots in the Real World...In this Game-I got this ;)
JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 31737

Return to General Discussions