Favorite music genre

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Favorite music genre

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 am

What type of music do you listen to most? For whatever reason, I find myself listening to 90's alternative.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h73262949

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.
Dewey Bunnell
User avatar
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2982
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby TL Kira (187264144) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am

This is probably unpopular but melodic/melodeath metal :silly:
I guess I've picked up some unnecessary weirdness there, how do I cancel subscription?
ImageImage
My rooms | WTB | Trash can
User avatar
TL Kira (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 5233
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Light's heart ♥

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 am

The 80's will always be my favourite time. I grew up with that music and have never tired of it. I was never a great fan of the 70's stuff, but in the past few years, there are a few songs I rather like, but always will be the 80's :D
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury
User avatar

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 390
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3140
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Waiting For The Hammer To Fall

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby mauiencar (104164330) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 am

Alternative Rock (Artists like twenty one pilots, Muse and Linkin Park.), Alternative Pop (Artists like Halsey.), Alternative R&B (Artists like BANKS and HONNE.), Indie Rock (Artists like alt-J, Bastille, Bon Iver and The National.), Indie Pop (Artists like Lorde, Lana Del Rey and Passion Pit.), Electronic (Artists like Nick Murphy and Flume.), Space Rock (Artists like Broken Bells and Atlas Genius.), Punk Rock (Artists like Green Day, Panic! At the Disco and Paramore.) and Singer/Songwriter (Artists like Jason Mraz, John Mayer and Sara Bareilles.). :D When I'm practicing dance, I mainly listen to K-Pop (Artists like BIGBANG, iKON and EXO.).
Last edited by mauiencar (104164330) on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anwesha • Ash • Divya • Eloryn • Greg • Kira • Laudy Daudy • Liam • Lisalishus • Mizz Libra • Mr Savage • Mrs Poker
MsPhantom • Nick • not theFATHER • Peach • Selcouth • shaggy • Somer • Stardust • WittchyBoo • YoJohn • Yoyo
User avatar
mauiencar (104164330)
YoWorld Level: 229
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5900
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:14 am

You might as well ask me to pick my favorite finger. They ALL matter. LOL

I'd have to say I prefer dark and sinister sounding trance/dance/electronica.

Pick this up around the 3:30 mark......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOP2t9FObw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Gkh_9hyi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DScuWec_fSE
Image

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. - Bill Bennot
User avatar
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 31498
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby mauiencar (104164330) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 am

Glitterballs (126579776) wrote:You might as well ask me to pick my favorite finger. They ALL matter. LOL

I'd have to say I prefer dark and sinister sounding trance/dance/electronica.

Pick this up around the 3:30 mark......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOP2t9FObw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Gkh_9hyi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DScuWec_fSE

Check out King Night by Salem. :D
Anwesha • Ash • Divya • Eloryn • Greg • Kira • Laudy Daudy • Liam • Lisalishus • Mizz Libra • Mr Savage • Mrs Poker
MsPhantom • Nick • not theFATHER • Peach • Selcouth • shaggy • Somer • Stardust • WittchyBoo • YoJohn • Yoyo
User avatar
mauiencar (104164330)
YoWorld Level: 229
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5900
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

Thanks for all the links! I'm gonna come back and listen to these as soon as I can. I got my radio tuned to 24 hr Christmas music, I'll be sick of that soon! :D
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h73262949

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.
Dewey Bunnell
User avatar
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2982
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 am

mauiencar (104164330) wrote:
Glitterballs (126579776) wrote:You might as well ask me to pick my favorite finger. They ALL matter. LOL

I'd have to say I prefer dark and sinister sounding trance/dance/electronica.

Pick this up around the 3:30 mark......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOP2t9FObw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Gkh_9hyi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DScuWec_fSE

Check out King Night by Salem. :D

That was fun. Thank you ! :thumbsup:
Image

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. - Bill Bennot
User avatar
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 31498
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby mauiencar (104164330) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Glitterballs (126579776) wrote:
mauiencar (104164330) wrote:
Glitterballs (126579776) wrote:You might as well ask me to pick my favorite finger. They ALL matter. LOL

I'd have to say I prefer dark and sinister sounding trance/dance/electronica.

Pick this up around the 3:30 mark......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOP2t9FObw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Gkh_9hyi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DScuWec_fSE

Check out King Night by Salem. :D

That was fun. Thank you ! :thumbsup:

Glad you liked it. :D
Anwesha • Ash • Divya • Eloryn • Greg • Kira • Laudy Daudy • Liam • Lisalishus • Mizz Libra • Mr Savage • Mrs Poker
MsPhantom • Nick • not theFATHER • Peach • Selcouth • shaggy • Somer • Stardust • WittchyBoo • YoJohn • Yoyo
User avatar
mauiencar (104164330)
YoWorld Level: 229
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5900
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Momo (187032505) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 pm

I really love Classic and of course pop songs! :haha:
Image
User avatar
Momo (187032505)
YoWorld Level: 181
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 28, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 2023
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Indonesia

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Grunge Rock, Progressive Rock, Classic Rock, Pop Rock and Indie Rock as well as the occasional oddball pop, rap, r&b song if it's well done. I really appreciate well done music regardless of genre.
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9565
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:14 pm

I like a wide range of genres from Classical, Jazz, RnB, Bashment, Commercial HipHop, Garage, Gospel, Reggaeton, Country, SoulFunk, AfroBeats, HighLife, Pop, Blues, Soca....... and I am sure much more that I can't now remember.

For me the most important thing in music is having a beat that I can relate to or that makes me feel *it* and if it has good bass - I'm rocking away in spite of myself :haha:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
User avatar

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10576
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: SmiliN & LiviN My Best yO-Life!

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:39 pm

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:I like a wide range of genres from Classical, Jazz, RnB, Bashment, Commercial HipHop, Garage, Gospel, Reggaeton, Country, SoulFunk, AfroBeats, HighLife, Pop, Blues, Soca....... and I am sure much more that I can't now remember.

For me the most important thing in music is having a beat that I can relate to or that makes me feel *it* and if it has good bass - I'm rocking away in spite of myself :haha:



:thumbsup: I like a good beat too and lyrics are important to me!
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h73262949

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.
Dewey Bunnell
User avatar
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2982
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Does "pretty much some from all of them" count as an answer? :silly: I don't like thug rap, or "tears in beer" country.
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3105
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 pm

I agree Robyn, Lyrics... can have me putting a song on repeat over and over again. There has been many a song, whose lyrics have got me over some difficult times.



Oh and thanks for the Pizza nudge the other night. I made it to the gym to work it off. :haha:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
User avatar

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10576
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: SmiliN & LiviN My Best yO-Life!

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:Does "pretty much some from all of them" count as an answer? :silly: I don't like thug rap, or "tears in beer" country.

Hahaha what is tears in beer country?..... that has me cracking up :haha:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
User avatar

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10576
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: SmiliN & LiviN My Best yO-Life!

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 pm

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:Does "pretty much some from all of them" count as an answer? :silly: I don't like thug rap, or "tears in beer" country.

Hahaha what is tears in beer country?..... that has me cracking up :haha:

It comes from this song. The sad, whiny, crying, "why you do this to me woman" songs. :sick:

https://youtu.be/rM8tROzp4Dc

This kind of country is ok though! vv

https://youtu.be/JW5UEW2kYvc Alan Jackson Chattahoochee

https://youtu.be/pojL_35QlSI Dixie Chicks Not Ready To Make Nice

https://youtu.be/TPv2rhax0FA Terri Clark - A Little Gasoline

But I been listening to stuff like this recently.

https://youtu.be/U_aYibUx1B8 Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

https://youtu.be/8-hJFoSgXfM Yes - Leave It (Official Music Video)

https://youtu.be/zf2aIVKp1OY Apocalyptica - Hall of The Mountain King (Official Video) Heavy metal CELLOS for the win!
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3105
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Velle (153978634) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi :bye:

I love listening to R&B and Hip Hop. Sometimes Reggae, sometime Pop.

:rose:
Image
User avatar
Velle (153978634)
YoWorld Level: 212
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 1992
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Running on the track

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:Does "pretty much some from all of them" count as an answer? :silly: I don't like thug rap, or "tears in beer" country.

Hahaha what is tears in beer country?..... that has me cracking up :haha:

It comes from this song. The sad, whiny, crying, "why you do this to me woman" songs. :sick:

https://youtu.be/rM8tROzp4Dc

This kind of country is ok though! vv

https://youtu.be/JW5UEW2kYvc Alan Jackson Chattahoochee

https://youtu.be/pojL_35QlSI Dixie Chicks Not Ready To Make Nice

https://youtu.be/TPv2rhax0FA Terri Clark - A Little Gasoline

But I been listening to stuff like this recently.

https://youtu.be/U_aYibUx1B8 Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

https://youtu.be/8-hJFoSgXfM Yes - Leave It (Official Music Video)

https://youtu.be/zf2aIVKp1OY Apocalyptica - Hall of The Mountain King (Official Video) Heavy metal CELLOS for the win!


Hank W Jnr is the type of song I could hear after having a good few drinks and air guitar madly too..... but I get it now :hahaha

just listened to Alan Jackson - Chattahoochee lol that is pretty cool. A feel good song :D
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
User avatar

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10576
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: SmiliN & LiviN My Best yO-Life!

Re: Favorite music genre

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:Does "pretty much some from all of them" count as an answer? :silly: I don't like thug rap, or "tears in beer" country.

Hahaha what is tears in beer country?..... that has me cracking up :haha:

It comes from this song. The sad, whiny, crying, "why you do this to me woman" songs. :sick:

https://youtu.be/rM8tROzp4Dc

This kind of country is ok though! vv

https://youtu.be/JW5UEW2kYvc Alan Jackson Chattahoochee

https://youtu.be/pojL_35QlSI Dixie Chicks Not Ready To Make Nice

https://youtu.be/TPv2rhax0FA Terri Clark - A Little Gasoline

But I been listening to stuff like this recently.

https://youtu.be/U_aYibUx1B8 Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

https://youtu.be/8-hJFoSgXfM Yes - Leave It (Official Music Video)

https://youtu.be/zf2aIVKp1OY Apocalyptica - Hall of The Mountain King (Official Video) Heavy metal CELLOS for the win!


Hank W Jnr is the type of song I could hear after having a good few drinks and air guitar madly too..... but I get it now :hahaha

He had some good classic songs! I just don't like the whiny "blame your lover" "look you made me cry" type songs! ;)
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3105
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Next

Return to General Discussions