Computer Things

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

What is your Operating System?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Microsoft Windows
56%
Apple Mac OS X
28%
Open Source Linux
6%
Chrome OS by Google
11%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: Computer Things

Postby BaD Chan x (186980728) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:54 pm

"ItS cHeApEr tO bUiLd tHe Pc YoUr SelF"
Ahaha I'm one of those people. I build my pc around march... The specs I have in mine would cost me probably 300$+ more dollars if I bought it pre-built.
I loved building my pc tbh it was a great first time experience besides the CPU fan. It was a B.... to put on but after 4 hours I finally got it on...
I'm going to Uni to study computer engineering.

BaD Chan x (186980728)
YoWorld Level: 79
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2016

Forum Posts: 75
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:50 pm

I tried Windows 10 inside OS X by running it virtually. I like that it's now fluid and everything is easy to access, it's visually pleasing as well but I don't like it enough to actually pay for it when I have OS X for free and it updates annually. I'm too involved in Apple's ecosystem to just leave especially that there's nothing notable enough for me to leave Mac os x behind but I'm impressed with Windows 10, they have come a long way.
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 7894
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Queen Mata (13429328) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:15 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I tried Windows 10 inside OS X by running it virtually. I like that it's now fluid and everything is easy to access, it's visually pleasing as well but I don't like it enough to actually pay for it when I have OS X for free and it updates annually. I'm too involved in Apple's ecosystem to just leave especially that there's nothing notable enough for me to leave Mac os x behind but I'm impressed with Windows 10, they have come a long way.

In my old job, I had three Macs, one ran only Mac OS. Another one had Mac OS and Windows 10, and the 3rd one had Mac OS and Linux (I didn't use it much though.)

I still think that each OS has its pros, make a bootcamp and don't worry about leaving Mac.
Et tu, Brute?
Queen Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 3414
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 pm

Image :angel:
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:05 am

I tried my best to "embrace" Windows 10 but it did not stop giving me reasons not to. It's like putting lipstick on a pig, the UI is so weird looking, it's bloated to the core and not unified in any sort of way, it nags, a lot and I had to disable a bunch of things just to stop the damn nagging whenever i'm accomplishing a system task. I only needed it to play PUBG on my desktop because emulators don't work well on Mac OS X but yeah, even that didn't work because the OS kept forcing updates I didn't ask for and it stayed "downloading" for 3 hours only to give me download error at the end and that's a download from Microsoft servers!! So, instead of liking Windows 10 I learned to love Mac OS X Mojave twice as much for being an option.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 am

Windows has evolved. Time and reality has forced MS to become what they did not want to be. There was a reason the counterculture spawned Mac, and a lot of it had to do with the failings of MS. So MS evolved and morphed into the thing of beauty they are now. I grew up hacking '95. '97, and XP. The almost infinite security breaches seemed intentional. As the Mac OS has become more widely accepted and used by more powerful and wealthy targets, it has also experienced a lot of the same things MS did.

They both try to play nice with each other now, but the security and complexity of both systems are so rich that they have a lot of trouble tripping over each other. And you can forget about it if your system has any performance issues. You will crash and burn.

Your best option is to choose a side and get comfortable with your choice. But never forget the other side is just as powerful and always an option. I chose Windows for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I knew they finally fixed the car that used to break down every 10 miles. It works flawlessly for me now. I still peek at Mac every so often just to keep my finger in that pie, but it holds no gleaming advantage. It is just the other side of the same coin.

Everyone appreciates honesty until you're honest with them. Then you're an a$$hole. - George Carlin
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 30383
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Previous

Return to General Discussions