The Walking Dead Sans Rick Grimes. Season 9!!

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

The Walking Dead Sans Rick Grimes. Season 9!!

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:06 pm

So before I prepare to watch this last Rick Grimes episode, which no doubt will be a tear jerker and make me question what the point of it ALL is :haha: ....

I thought I would make a space for any other TWD fans to cry, pass out tissues or bemoan or even dare I say it laugh, at the ending of an era and the death of a TV Legend...... :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :wailing:

Gone but Never Forgotten :wailing: :'( :'( :'(

Till we meet again...... will you be a walker??? :heart: :heartbroken: :heartbroken: :heartbroken:

I'm not sure I am ready for this one...... but I must confront it!! :sad: :sad: :wailing: :wailing: :wailing:

What about you? Please share your thoughts :hug:
Last edited by ijOjO uK (109723058) on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10541
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: RIP Rick Grimes...... What will We do w/o U!!! TWD

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:52 am

Heartbroken! :wailing: :heartbroken: ... the episode will be sad enough loosing Rick but also with flashbacks of Hershel knowing that soon after he filmed those last episodes Scott Wilson died :sad: :wailing: ... my Daughter met him and said he was a lovely guy :heart:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 5836
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Stinger (126579776) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:21 am

LOL my brother asked me about TWD this weekend. He almost threw me in the river for having never watched an episode. :haha:

That guy looks like he will make a smart zombie :love:

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an angry woman from any direction.
Stinger (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 29713
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 am

Ares (126579776) wrote:LOL my brother asked me about TWD this weekend. He almost threw me in the river for having never watched an episode. :haha:

That guy looks like he will make a smart zombie :love:

i don't blame him lol... you have never watched a single episode?! :shocked: :haha: .... yes that sure would be a zombie you would hate to kill! :haha:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 5836

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Oh. My. Dayz!! I am still recovering!! I am so SHOOK right now.... I can't process my feelings. :dizzy: :dizzy: :eh: :nerd: :phew: :quiet: :?: :'( o_o :dizzy:

Will be back with collected thoughts after it all sinks in. But what an exit!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW :heart:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby Nicoleta (131005307) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:14 pm

I'm glad they didn't kill the character, leaving the story open for him to come back :D I'm guessing Rick will appear again when the TV show will reach the Commonwealth story line from comics, after whisperers
Nicoleta (131005307)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2581
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:47 pm

SPOILER ALERT!
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 8369
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Well, I have rewatched and then watched again this last episode together with the magnificent interview on the Talking Dead and I have finally made peace with it, especially with the blindside that is RICK GRIMES IS NOT DEAD.

The first watch was mind blowing and because I was so ready for his demise, every moment was like: is this it? does he became a walker now. And truth be told when I posted the picture of Hershel, Saskia, Shane in my OP, I had no idea they were actually going to feature in this episode. And so I wailed some more when Hershel came on the screen as I realised this must have been the last scenes he filmed before he passed away RIP Scott Wilson. :wailing: :wailing: :'( :'( And what a tribute to both the character and man that scene was. Omggggg it was awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And then the time jump forward: JUDITH GRIMES...... I was on my feet clapping and throwing pillows in the air. How Angela K and the writers were able to take me along this tumultuous journey and have me accepting that Rick wont be a part of this journey any longer and be okay with it, is amazing. I am so looking forward to tomorrow and the new dawn that is TWD post Grimes.

It is not RIP Rick but rather a See You Later Rick (in the movies that are sure to be mind-blowing also). :bye: :bye: :bye:

It is a sign of a great Leader, where he can leave the rest of his tribe knowing that they are all equipped to carry on and survive without him. This is what Andrew Lincoln did with his character Rick, and for that I applaud him. :hug: :hug: :star: :star:

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Re: GoodBye Rick Grimes..We Will do our best w/o U! TWD

Postby michelle ganley (14702341) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:51 am

lol i dont watch every week i save them until its finished so i can watch together im like argh when i saw your title ill still watch them though :heart:
michelle ganley (14702341)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1608
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Hey Michelle, AMC did well not to have leaks of how Rick was leaving the show, before that episode aired. :haha:

I changed the title of my thread after a week because I figured everyone would have read or seen what had happened by then. lOl. Hope you still enjoy the season when you get around to watching it. It's definitely very different to what we have been used to.

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby michelle ganley (14702341) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:39 am

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Hey Michelle, AMC did well not to have leaks of how Rick was leaving the show, before that episode aired. :haha:

I changed the title of my thread after a week because I figured everyone would have read or seen what had happened by then. lOl. Hope you still enjoy the season when you get around to watching it. It's definitely very different to what we have been used to.

aww its ok ill still enjoy it i love this show its up there with game of thrones for me :heart:
michelle ganley (14702341)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1608
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby judy (220800) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:44 am

never even heard of it :haha:

judy (220800)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: May 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 1017
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:26 pm

LOl Judy, I cant believe that!!! I am a late bloomer to TWD family but before I started watching it like 3 years ago, it was all over social media, I would hear passengers talking about it on the train... that's what made me think I had to give this show a shot despite my fear and dislike of zombies. :haha:

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:27 pm

michelle ganley (14702341) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Hey Michelle, AMC did well not to have leaks of how Rick was leaving the show, before that episode aired. :haha:

aww its ok ill still enjoy it i love this show its up there with game of thrones for me :heart:

For sure!! I am counting down the months for GOT!!

Did you see the pictures of Kit (Jon Snow) and his wildling bride getting married irl. It was so sweet :hug:

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby Abee (108712228) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm

I am so far behind. I haven't even seen Carl bite it yet.
I am very aware of what happens though.
God I love this show. I can't wait for the movies to come out now. I like the comic too.
Abee (108712228)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 2741
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Oh My dayz Abee!! Carl's bite was last season.:haha:
You have some watching to do - but it's going to be worth it. I promise ya.

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:00 am

I had several episodes to watch as I was behind. We only have 1 tv with a dvr & my dad rarely relinquishes it ;) I loved this episode and was very happy that I hadn't checked this thread beforehand. It does have MAJOR spoilers.
WOW what an episode -- nothing happened the way I thought, and Hershel was an awesome cameo. I did cry seeing Scott Wilson for the last time. What a dear man.
I didn't get a chance to see TTD episodes yet for more insight.

TORE SLAP UP

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 6202

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:39 am

Awe Julie.... wasnt it emosh!! I totally agree with you nothing went like it I had imagined it would.

Scott Wilson's scenes got me real good. :wailing: :wailing: Just knowing that they had filmed that so far in advance and it felt like Rick was able to say a proper goodbye to Hershel before he even knew it. Too Deeeep!!

Definitely watch the TTD when you get a chance as it is an awesome exit interview. Make sure to have the tissues ready, cos it's on another level :'( :'( :'( :'( :haha:

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Soooooo what are people thinking about this week's episode?

Not sure about the whispering walkers :( Are they meant to be living people like in the comics or are they walkers that have now upgraded to whispering and talking walkers?

And how did Eugene and Rosita avoid being detected just by covering up with leaves......mmmmm the mind boggles :?:

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby AlanaPo0fer (183325466) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:34 am

Abee (108712228) wrote:I am so far behind. I haven't even seen Carl bite it yet.
I am very aware of what happens though.
God I love this show. I can't wait for the movies to come out now. I like the comic too.

Literally same! Though I actually stopped watching 4 years ago LOL, so I’ve got a lot to catch up on
AlanaPo0fer (183325466)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2012

Forum Posts: 10578

Next

Return to General Discussions