Profound images

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Profound images

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:11 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:Sisters pose for the same photo three separate times, years apart.

The blue dot on this picture is earth. Taken form Saturn's orbit by the Magellen expedition. If you want to grasp the real meaning of this picture listen to the mighty Carl Sagan himself on this youtube video.

Penguin pair, Antarctica

Petra, Jordan

Where iz Carl Sagan video?! :?: I believe I wuz promist Carl Sagan video! :grr :dizzy: ;) (Alternate spellings used for comedic effect!)

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2371
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:09 am

I'm also 100% certain i posted it :dizzy:
Ok, ok! My apologies for the delay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5FwsblpT8

Enjoy!
For me, this puts everything into perspective.
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 7440
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I'm also 100% certain i posted it :dizzy:

Enjoy!

:party: :hug:

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:

Enjoy!

This sure gets you thinking about our message in the universe and how far behind are we delivering that message. In Chemistry terms, life is an Earth contained virus and the absence of life building blocks outside our planet is what's holding it back from making an evolutionary transition to other planets but not for long! We're supposed to land on Mars by 2024/2025. Both NASA and SpaceX have plans, SpaceX is more determined to do this while NASA is very hesitant.

Viral particles are by far the most abundant biological entities on our planet. They are ten times more abundant than bacterial cells in the upper ocean. The diversity of our planet resources and the existence of different life building blocks helped create different forms of this virus we call life. When you see videos like this one which downscale Earth to a spec compared to the universe which contains it, your mind starts to wander.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:40 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:

Enjoy!

This sure gets you thinking about our message in the universe and how far behind are we delivering that message. In Chemistry terms, life is an Earth contained virus and the absence of life building blocks outside our planet is what's holding it back from making an evolutionary transition to other planets but not for long! We're supposed to land on Mars by 2024/2025. Both NASA and SpaceX have plans, SpaceX is more determined to do this while NASA is very hesitant.

Viral particles are by far the most abundant biological entities on our planet. They are ten times more abundant than bacterial cells in the upper ocean. The diversity of our planet resources and the existence of different life building blocks helped create different forms of this virus we call life. When you see videos like this one which downscale Earth to a spec compared to the universe which contains it, your mind starts to wander.

We haven't even solved how much gravity we need to prevent muscle loss, much less HOW to generate that gravity! The simplest method is to spin the ship but our hard drives atm can't take that! Not only that but within a VERY short time (3 generations if I recall correctly) people born on Mars would NEVER be able to come to Earth due to the gravity difference! And if something catastrophic happens there is no quick help for them! Also, I would be VERY wary going to colonize ANYWHERE under/for a Corporation! Too easy to become a slave/asset to be used and thrown away on a whim! Same for a Government too. I reckon!

In my opinion, we need to learn not to poop our own beds here (pollute the environment) and we need to clean up the poop we've already put out BEFORE we even consider going to live on another planet that would require us to live in geodomes and not poop our beds there ever or die quickly! We've got a long, long way to go as a species before we will be fit to survive in geodomes in such a hostile environment!

Edit: This talk applies a thousand-fold to colonists going to Mars! The Elites of our society/Mars society will do what is best for them in the short term, and not look out for everyone in the long term! Until we as a species can learn to go against that instinct, things will not get better and stay better for everyone! :(

https://www.ted.com/talks/jared_diamond_on_why_societies_collapse?language=en

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:08 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:

Enjoy!

We haven't even solved how much gravity we need to prevent muscle loss, much less HOW to generate that gravity! The simplest method is to spin the ship but our hard drives atm can't take that! Not only that but within a VERY short time (3 generations if I recall correctly) people born on Mars would NEVER be able to come to Earth due to the gravity difference! And if something catastrophic happens there is no quick help for them! Also, I would be VERY wary going to colonize ANYWHERE under/for a Corporation! Too easy to become a slave/asset to be used and thrown away on a whim! Same for a Government too. I reckon!

In my opinion, we need to learn not to poop our own beds here (pollute the environment) and we need to clean up the poop we've already put out BEFORE we even consider going to live on another planet that would require us to live in geodomes and not poop our beds there ever or die quickly! We've got a long, long way to go as a species before we will be fit to survive in geodomes in such a hostile environment!

Edit: This talk applies a thousand-fold to colonists going to Mars! The Elites of our society/Mars society will do what is best for them in the short term, and not look out for everyone in the long term! Until we as a species can learn to go against that instinct, things will not get better and stay better for everyone! :(

https://www.ted.com/talks/jared_diamond_on_why_societies_collapse?language=en

Great points! I fully agree with your assessment.

Finding intelligent life is out of the question any time soon unless we learn to appreciate all kinds of lives we have here on Earth. There's no way we will be prepared to embrace or interact with extraterrestrial life when we still can't solve our own conflicts as a species and war is still a go-to option. I saw this statistic earlier today "Humanity has wiped out 60% of animal populations since 1970" and it's devastating to think of the damage humanity has done in such a very short time. From Poachers to trophy hunters to uneducated greedy breeders, human evil somehow always finds its way to destroy life.

I did a big project about Terraforming Mars but it's not within reach any time soon. Maybe we're not supposed to Space travel, and maybe our desire to explore can only take us so far before genetic limitations have their say.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Rod (126579776) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:02 pm

*learns not to poop in his bed*

Miles Finch - You feeling strong, my friend? Call me "elf" one more time.
Buddy The Elf - He's an angry elf.
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 28083
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Probable Pervert (126579776) wrote:*learns not to poop in his bed*

I used a different word in my head... ;) But we humans are rather like goldfish. You ever kept goldfish? They poop a magac*apton! You gotta clean their tanks much more often than you do other fish! They are some of the dirtiest fish you can keep! We are the same with the environment, IMO!

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:48 am

Albert Einstein's matriculation certificate that he received at the age of 17, showing his final grades from the Aargau Kantonsschule (on a scale of 1-6).

Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:43 pm

Nick Blade (187030201)