Survivor 2018 David v Goliath - Let's Chop it Up Here

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Survivor 2018 David v Goliath - Let's Chop it Up Here

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 pm

LittleMansMomma (134170617) wrote:Natalie can't go fast enough in my opinion. She's just rude and entirely too arrogant when she brings absolutely NOTHING to the table. She's useless at camp and doubly useless in challenges. I could write an entire paragraph on why this woman needs to go, but I'm pretty sure you get how I feel about her lol.
I was really proud of Gabby last night though. She stayed calm and cool-headed through the whole challenge and I think that's what made the difference in them winning. I can't wait to see what happens next week!! :silly: :)

I love Gabby and also picture her with the Geek guy (can't remember the names)
They have something going on.... :hug: :heart:

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 10332
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby LittleMansMomma (134170617) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Geek guy is Christian. He and Gabby would make a cute couple, but I have a feeling that Gabby is going to hurt her game if she relies too much on him. She's already viewed as a weak player. She needs to up her social game and make friends with other people, especially the Goliaths.

LittleMansMomma (134170617)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 532
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:52 am

Sooooooooooooooo she has gone!!! *carlton dance* The sigh of relief I made after watching it was deep :haha:
And talk about being hypocritical she didn't even leave her jacket behind. 'Jacketgate' cost her $1m dollars. SMDH

And did y'all notice how Christian took over that challenge. He was like give me that and he took control. I hope he hasn't raised eyebrows across the tribes about how good he really is. :haha:

Twas a good show last night despite the evacuation.
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10147
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:53 am

LittleMansMomma (134170617) wrote:Geek guy is Christian. He and Gabby would make a cute couple, but I have a feeling that Gabby is going to hurt her game if she relies too much on him. She's already viewed as a weak player. She needs to up her social game and make friends with other people, especially the Goliaths.

Yea I agree with this. Gabby is going to hurt his game for sure.
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby LittleMansMomma (134170617) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:24 pm

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Sooooooooooooooo she has gone!!! *carlton dance* The sigh of relief I made after watching it was deep :haha:
And talk about being hypocritical she didn't even leave her jacket behind. 'Jacketgate' cost her $1m dollars. SMDH

And did y'all notice how Christian took over that challenge. He was like give me that and he took control. I hope he hasn't raised eyebrows across the tribes about how good he really is. :haha:

Twas a good show last night despite the evacuation.

I cheered so loud when Natalie got evicted that I scared my poor cat half to death. I'm pretty sure I cost him one of his nine lives lol. Now we don't have to watch her sour-pussed, bad attitude all season!!
And OMG! Christian really stepped it up this week! Even Gabby seemed to do a little better this week, but she still has a way to go. If they lose an immunity challenge she's going be the one to go. I love that the Davids and Goliaths are evenly matched again though.....this is going to be a good season now that the Goliaths are turning on each other lmao.

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:27 pm

I was so happy to see her go. She is a bully. Not feeling sorry for Angelina :yawn:

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 10332
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:42 pm

I am about to watch this week's episode. SMDH There have been quite a few things on the telly this week that I am falling a little behind. :haha:

I will be baaaaaaaaack

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby LittleMansMomma (134170617) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Well come on back after you watch this week's episode...can't wait to hear your thoughts on how things went :)

Postby Coulter (180078346) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:01 am

Ahh! I'm so happy to have finally found my people!

I'm curious as to how things are going to play out with the merge in this upcoming episode. We're at 7 Goliaths and 6 Davids, so it's looking bad for the Davids. However, that's assuming that the original tribes stick together, and I'm not sure that'll be the case given that in every single vote after the tribe swap, at least one person has flipped on their original tribe.

I'm also concerned about Dan having two idols – with the Davids being in the minority PLUS a Goliath having both idols, it'd be really easy for Goliaths to just band together and pick the Davids off. I'm hoping that Christian was able to cultivate a good enough relationship with Dan to possibly influence his vote.

As of right now, I'm loving the Alison/Gabby connection. Those two are probably my favorites!
Coulter (180078346)
YoWorld Level: 218
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 30, 2011

Forum Posts: 2592
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:03 pm

*waves* to KenBarb...... welcome to the YoTribe :haha:

And what an episode!!!! Was no huge surprises on who went but I was kinda hoping that Mark would have had the courage to get rid of Angelina ~ I mean she is going to ditch him as soon as she can. And the Davids would have had Mark's back I think.

This whole bromance with Christian and the other two is making me smile no end. It is so nice to see how much Christian is loving being the *kool kid* at the moment. He even has a swagger about him I feel. When he was doing the immunity challenge and fixing that last piece the look of satisfaction on his face made it seem like he was saying in his head "Whose the daddy? I'm the daddy" :haha: :haha:

Oh poor Gabby and those tears. Am I buying it? Hell nooooooo. I cant feel empathy for her no matter how hard I try. I just feel that she is really playing deviously and the woe is me card. Time will tell. I do think she is going to cut Christian's throat metaphorically speaking ofc :haha:

So we are coming to the merge next week. Does it feel like it has come early this season to anyone else. I don't know there just seems to be alot of players still playing for it become an individualistic game, maybe it's just me.

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:07 pm

KenBarb (180078346) wrote:Ahh! I'm so happy to have finally found my people!

I'm curious as to how things are going to play out with the merge in this upcoming episode. We're at 7 Goliaths and 6 Davids, so it's looking bad for the Davids. However, that's assuming that the original tribes stick together, and I'm not sure that'll be the case given that in every single vote after the tribe swap, at least one person has flipped on their original tribe.

I'm also concerned about Dan having two idols – with the Davids being in the minority PLUS a Goliath having both idols, it'd be really easy for Goliaths to just band together and pick the Davids off. I'm hoping that Christian was able to cultivate a good enough relationship with Dan to possibly influence his vote.

As of right now, I'm loving the Alison/Gabby connection. Those two are probably my favorites!

I think from the little preview we got for next week we can bet that the whole lot are going to be flipping on each other. :haha: Especially as I think it was Angelina is coming for Christian. Oh No! The boys will not stand for that!!!!

Even though Dan has two idols , do you get the sense that he has the sense to use it?
Idk, it feels to me that he is sitting so pretty and confident now, he wont even get the scent of a blindside. If I had two idols in my pocket, every single tribal would make me worried. :haha:

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:07 pm

LittleMansMomma (134170617) wrote:Well come on back after you watch this week's episode...can't wait to hear your thoughts on how things went :)

What was your take on this week? Glad that Lyrsa went?

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby LittleMansMomma (134170617) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm not upset about Lyrsa leaving, but I would have loved to have seen Angelina go. I think there's a rift growing between Christian and Gabby and that Gabby is starting to really worry about being left behind. I agree with you about Gabby cutting Christians metaphorical throat. Angelina is probably going to start turning the Goliaths against Mike since he helped vote a Goliath out. She's a sneaky so-and-so lol.
I think it seems a little early in the season for the merge as well. We usually have three teams a little longer than a couple episodes, but we'll see how it goes. Maybe there are some surprises coming as well....I love it when they throw a twist into the game lol.
Excited for next week though....things are going to start happening now and we'll see who is loyal and who isn't.

Postby Coulter (180078346) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:05 pm

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:So we are coming to the merge next week. Does it feel like it has come early this season to anyone else. I don't know there just seems to be alot of players still playing for it become an individualistic game, maybe it's just me.

A lot of the later seasons have chosen to merge with 13 people left: Cambodia, Millennials vs. Gen X, Game Changers, and Ghost Island off the top of my head. Ever since Nicaragua, they merge with at least 11 people in the game. I think the rationalization that has been given among the community is that production thinks that it allows for greater story arcs. It also enables physically weaker players to last a little longer in the game; in the pre-merge, the tribes typically value "tribal strength," so a lot of the physically weaker players tend to get voted off early. I think the earlier merges are supposed to offset that.

I also think that the merge occurred this early because they don't want to risk one tribe drastically outnumbering the other when the merge comes. We're at 7 Goliaths and 6 Davids, so that gap is narrow enough for anything to occur as long as one or two people decide to flip; it keeps the suspense. I also think that production feared the Jabeni tribe losing another challenge, which could have made for a really predictable tribal council with Nick potentially being voted out. Now that I think about it, I doubt they'd want to risk Nick being voted out before a merge, because he and Christian had a really close relationship and it seems that Christian is a production favorite.

So in short: for later seasons, a merge this early is normal. I think that we may just perceive it as earlier than usual because we've missed out on two tribal councils; one in the first episode with the medical evacuation, and another when Bi quit the game.
Coulter (180078346)

Postby Coulter (180078346) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:12 pm

LittleMansMomma (134170617) wrote:I'm not upset about Lyrsa leaving, but I would have loved to have seen Angelina go. I think there's a rift growing between Christian and Gabby and that Gabby is starting to really worry about being left behind. I agree with you about Gabby cutting Christians metaphorical throat. Angelina is probably going to start turning the Goliaths against Mike since he helped vote a Goliath out. She's a sneaky so-and-so lol.

You know, as much as I like Christian, I'd actually really like to see Gabby turn on him and get him voted out. My favorite player ever is Parvati from Cook Islands, Micronesia, and Heroes vs. Villains; that kind of move would remind me of when Parvati voted out Ozzy. LOL.
Coulter (180078346)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:32 pm

KenBarb (180078346) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:So we are coming to the merge next week. Does it feel like it has come early this season to anyone else. I don't know there just seems to be alot of players still playing for it become an individualistic game, maybe it's just me.

A lot of the later seasons have chosen to merge with 13 people left: Cambodia, Millennials vs. Gen X, Game Changers, and Ghost Island off the top of my head. Ever since Nicaragua, they merge with at least 11 people in the game. I think the rationalization that has been given among the community is that production thinks that it allows for greater story arcs. It also enables physically weaker players to last a little longer in the game; in the pre-merge, the tribes typically value "tribal strength," so a lot of the physically weaker players tend to get voted off early. I think the earlier merges are supposed to offset that.

I also think that the merge occurred this early because they don't want to risk one tribe drastically outnumbering the other when the merge comes. We're at 7 Goliaths and 6 Davids, so that gap is narrow enough for anything to occur as long as one or two people decide to flip; it keeps the suspense. I also think that production feared the Jabeni tribe losing another challenge, which could have made for a really predictable tribal council with Nick potentially being voted out. Now that I think about it, I doubt they'd want to risk Nick being voted out before a merge, because he and Christian had a really close relationship and it seems that Christian is a production favorite.

So in short: for later seasons, a merge this early is normal. I think that we may just perceive it as earlier than usual because we've missed out on two tribal councils; one in the first episode with the medical evacuation, and another when Bi quit the game.

Wow KenBarb!! We have a real Survivor Expert in our midst! ;) I bow down to your wealth of survivor knowledge at the tips of your fingers :haha:

And now you have explained it so well, I can see why it feels like the merge has come early this season. I had forgotten about the two departures we had so early on. Also adding that whole production element casts the whole merging process in a completely new light. I agree that an early merge definitely gives the weaker perceived players a fairer chance to get further in the game. I had not thought of it like that. Thanks for that added insight. :)

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 pm

LittleMansMomma (134170617) wrote:I'm not upset about Lyrsa leaving, but I would have loved to have seen Angelina go. I think there's a rift growing between Christian and Gabby and that Gabby is starting to really worry about being left behind. I agree with you about Gabby cutting Christians metaphorical throat. Angelina is probably going to start turning the Goliaths against Mike since he helped vote a Goliath out. She's a sneaky so-and-so lol.
I think it seems a little early in the season for the merge as well. We usually have three teams a little longer than a couple episodes, but we'll see how it goes. Maybe there are some surprises coming as well....I love it when they throw a twist into the game lol.
Excited for next week though....things are going to start happening now and we'll see who is loyal and who isn't.

Yeah we are on the same page re Angelina. :haha:

I cant wait for next week! The knives will be out for sure.

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby LittleMansMomma (134170617) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I think the merge is going to make for a more exciting game. People are going to scramble now to make alliances outside their original tribes (at least I think they will). I have a strong feeling we're going to see another women vs men attempt for the next few weeks and then, as usual, it will go to blazes when someone is swayed. I think Angelina is going to sway Gabby to stick with her and go against Christian and Gabby will do it because she doesn't have a lot of confidence in her alliance with Christian now. We're going to see some interesting changes in dynamics over the next few weeks. Can't wait to see how it all pans out! :smug:

Postby Coulter (180078346) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:43 am

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Wow KenBarb!! We have a real Survivor Expert in our midst! ;) I bow down to your wealth of survivor knowledge at the tips of your fingers :haha:

And now you have explained it so well, I can see why it feels like the merge has come early this season. I had forgotten about the two departures we had so early on. Also adding that whole production element casts the whole merging process in a completely new light. I agree that an early merge definitely gives the weaker perceived players a fairer chance to get further in the game. I had not thought of it like that. Thanks for that added insight. :)

LOL, I'm sort of ashamed. I love social strategy games, though.

I'm kind of torn about the merge coming so early. I feel like with so many people in one tribe, the screentime gets spread too thinly, and I feel that a lot of conversations get omitted from the episode in the interest of time. However, on the flip side, I think that the best merges occur when the two original tribes are neck and neck in terms of numbers; Heroes vs. Villains is my favorite season ever, and they merged 5 vs 5. Anything can truly happen, and it's cool to see how people flip.

Had they not merged this early, what probably would've happened is that we'd see a merge with a greater gap between the Goliaths and Davids with the Goliaths having a severe numbers advantage (in addition to the idols). So all in all, I guess I understand why it happened and I'm looking forward to seeing the first merge episode!
Coulter (180078346)

Postby LittleMansMomma (134170617) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:05 am

KenBarb (180078346) wrote:

You know, as much as I like Christian, I'd actually really like to see Gabby turn on him and get him voted out. My favorite player ever is Parvati from Cook Islands, Micronesia, and Heroes vs. Villains; that kind of move would remind me of when Parvati voted out Ozzy. LOL.

I can't help but wonder if Dan would use one of those idols on Christian should his name get floated around for the vote. It's going to be interesting to see how "included" Christian really is lol.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions