Day 1 of Quarantine

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Day 1 of Quarantine

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:10 pm

It's only 2 PM and I already bit my nails, moved the furniture around and tried new hairdos on my cats.

What about you?
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4198
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Re: Day 1 of Quarantine

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 am

My Day 1 - So decided I would be v. smart and go to a mega Supermarket for the essentials this morning at 6am - alarm set, get into car and arrive only to find that there is a queue to get in. People had been outside the doors from 3am!!!!!!!

Not to worry I think, its just opened right.... shelves were already cleared out!! And to top it all, waited in line for 2.5hrs to check out with only a basket of groceries. I had to laugh.

Silver Lining:- got to chat with some new people and laugh away the 2hrs at some of the panic buying that was going on around us. Crazy crazy crazy times.
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10880
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby CyberPunK (187030201) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Hey Queen Mata! I hope you're doing well. We're only stepping outside when it's really necessary to do so, I did well the first few days but today has been very rough so far, can't find anything to entertain myself so I'm just walking around the house, finding patterns in walls, creating imaginary friends etc etc...
"We have this giant thermonuclear reactor up in the sky, called the Sun. It's great, shows up every day, very reliable." - Elon Musk
CyberPunK (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8356
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am

I did venture out for a walk for sanity, after 6 months of being almost house bound this was not the best timing to say the least, but lots of silver linings, I'm now healthy and and thankful for what I have. Stay safe Mata we've got this :heart:

FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 9231

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:35 am

It sure is a big change, especially if you aren't naturally an introvert and homebody kind of person.
While not quarantined, I've been in hospital and at home for 2 1/2 weeks and at times it does get a little boring.
We have a curfew here and therefore not allowed to meet anyone. Missing my boyfriend, especially.
Otherwise picking up on some new shows, reading two books my mom has lent me when I last visited, and
catching up on sleep. On work days (working full time with lots of overtime) I am lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep.
Now I get 8 and more when needed. Pain meds make me sleepier than usual.
There will be an end to this, whenever that will be, and then we may have a higher appreciation for things we took for granted before. :heart:
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 476
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 39981
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Ruin (126579776) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm

I did OK for a while, but I had a camping trip planned and decided to go for it. So glad I did. We are now isolated in a pine forest by a lake. We only go to town for food. I can fish and hike and don't have to see anyone all day long. It has really broken up the monotony of 9 days at the house. I'm here til Sunday and am afraid I won't want to go home.

*sigh*

Fear does not stop death. It stops life.........
Ruin (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 40522
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 5189
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Richford (3429282) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Day 12 in quarantine for me and

Black Lives Matter.
Richford (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 213
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2946
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:06 pm

Thank God we have Yoworld to keep us sane!
I haven’t been feeling to do much of anything other than eating, napping & playing Yoworld
:wailing:
I want & miss our normal lives before this pandemic
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 76090

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:07 pm

CyberPunK (187030201) wrote:Hey Queen Mata! I hope you're doing well. We're only stepping outside when it's really necessary to do so, I did well the first few days but today has been very rough so far, can't find anything to entertain myself so I'm just walking around the house, finding patterns in walls, creating imaginary friends etc etc...

You! :D :hug: Nice to see you my sweet friend!
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 76090

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:15 pm

Thank you, guys for sharing.

It's day 10 here and it hasn't been easy. I'm working from home, so, I have to be next to the computer from 9 to 6:30. It's not like being in the office, the bathroom here is only a few steps away and I can't visit my work friends at their desks. :'(

These days I've been thinking of my big depression episodes, when all I did was to stay home and watch TV and play Yo all day. I definitely don't want to go back to them, and I try to wake up at 6:30 like always, take a shower, read the news, have breakfast, whatever keeps my routine alive, but boy, is it hard. The hardest part is not being tired at all at night and having trouble falling asleep, but I try to stay positive about it.

Stay safe, guys. Let's do what we have to do to get out of this. :hug: :hug:

Fermit, Nick, it's so good to see you both :hug:
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4198
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:32 pm

Day 7 of lockdown here. Been a very long week...I have a teenager that is either sullen or argumentative. My older daughter is a pre-school teacher and is still working half hours since some of the parents are nurses, first responders, etc. I worry about her still being 'out there'. :sad:

I haven't left the house at all. Compromised lung issues, diabetes and hypertension puts me in the danger zone. :sick:

I am thankful for Yo to help pass the time. I've also been catching up on missed tv shows, read a couple good books, actually wrote a couple note cards to distant friends. We will manage...but I sure hope this doesnt last for weeks and weeks.. :silly:

Thank you to anyone who is on the front lines!! We appreciate you! :rose:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 19777
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 pm

it sucks but has to be done. its my Granddaughters 8th Birthday tomorrow but we won't get to see her.... missing all my family so much :'( :heartbroken:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 18382

Postby Kimbella (184980215) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:51 pm

I'm not sure what day of quarantine it is for me.
I haven't played Yo or been on forums for a few years and decided now is the time to join back in.

My school is officially out until April 30th. It's my senior year and I thought I was ready to be done until now :( It's pretty likely that prom will be cancelled, along with graduation. Not to mention my last year of track.
I'm trying to keep a bright outlook and think of the positives. At least my family is still healthy and this is hopefully going to slow the spread
Trying to come back after being off for a while ♥
Books ♥
Kimbella (184980215)
YoWorld Level: 178
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 28, 2013

Forum Posts: 2336
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:35 pm

Kimbella (184980215) wrote:I'm not sure what day of quarantine it is for me.
I haven't played Yo or been on forums for a few years and decided now is the time to join back in.

My school is officially out until April 30th. It's my senior year and I thought I was ready to be done until now :( It's pretty likely that prom will be cancelled, along with graduation. Not to mention my last year of track.
I'm trying to keep a bright outlook and think of the positives. At least my family is still healthy and this is hopefully going to slow the spread

I'm so sorry,Kimbella. Our seniors are going through the same thing here. It really sucks for you all. My sympathies :'(

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 19777

Postby TL Kira (187264144) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:20 am

Day 17! (I guess? Whatever.)

When'd days get so long? I'm going to have a proper skin care routine by the end of this. :haha:

Sending hugs to everyone, I hope you are safe and well. :rose:
Gloomten intolerant
ImageImage
My rooms | WTB | Trash can
TL Kira (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016

Forum Posts: 5628
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Ruin (126579776) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:42 pm

TL Kira (187264144) wrote:Day 17! (I guess? Whatever.)

When'd days get so long? I'm going to have a proper skin care routine by the end of this. :haha:

Sending hugs to everyone, I hope you are safe and well. :rose:

:hug:

Hello wild child. I hope your days are pleasant :)

Ruin (126579776)

Postby CyberPunK (187030201) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Not sure how everyone feels but it has been very difficult to read or watch a movie, can barely be distracted by listening to a song or playing a game and it's becoming harder and harder to find salvation by going to social media, the news, the reports, the trends, your friends posts and tweets, everything has something to do with the Corona Virus, the number of infections and death toll keeps rising and I know eventually we'll find a cure but this historic period is definitely something for the books and we're not gonna get out of it easily. One of the worst things about this unmerciful virus is that you can unknowingly pass it to your loved ones then if they are tested positive and die it will be on your conscience for the rest of your life, I hope humanity can learn something from this but I'm not that optimistic, there's no such thing as your end or my end of the planet, it's the same structure that carries all of us.
"We have this giant thermonuclear reactor up in the sky, called the Sun. It's great, shows up every day, very reliable." - Elon Musk
CyberPunK (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8356

Postby Ruin (126579776) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Our existence was in jeopardy when we drew our first breaths. We will all die. We will all cease existing. The problem with health science is that it continues to extend lives that shouldn't extend. They make money off of it. This weakens the species and drains resources. You know as well as I do what nature does when species get out of line. The panic around this virus is unbelievable. It will kill 5% of the world's population, and 95% of those deaths will be people who were already living on borrowed time. The only group I feel sorry for is that 5% of deaths who are simply genetically predisposed to be ravaged by the virus - and yeah, that could be me or someone I love.

We have become enamored with life. We can excuse anything in the name of saving a life. Yet we waste it, abuse it, and throw it away every day. We waste our energies on things that don't matter and forget to really give ourselves to the things that do. We prioritize ourselves over everything. The narcissism is maddening and destroys life and pleasure like nothing else on this planet.

So yeah, I'm a bit miffed at a lot of people right now. Even in the face of this virus they run and hide from life instead of embracing it. They cower in fear and cut off all ties in the hopes of stealing one extra day. Meanwhile, we save ourselves the optics of millions of people dying from a virus, and exchange it for millions of people losing their incomes, their homes, their self respect, and potentially their lives. The world is about to get a whole lot harder to live in, and no one even cares. They yell at me for being insensitive about death, but their fear will bring the very death they run from. Shifting death to the young to save the old is wrong. They've already done it with debt, so what the hell? In for a penny....in for a pound.

I needed to rant somewhere. Thx for allowing me to vent. :smug:

Ruin (126579776)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Kimbella (184980215) wrote:I'm not sure what day of quarantine it is for me.

I'm so sorry,Kimbella. Our seniors are going through the same thing here. It really sucks for you all. My sympathies :'(

I saw yesterday how students were having virtual online proms... it was kind of sweet.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 24497
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Next

Return to General Discussions