Lets Talk Game of Thrones (Possible Spoilers)

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Lets Talk Game of Thrones (Possible Spoilers)

Postby M40 (177964495) » Mon May 13, 2019 7:54 pm

So hey y’all, are you guys liking the newest and final season of Game of Thrones? Personally this is not my favorite season, I think this season was rushed, too many characters arcs are getting butchered. What are your thoughts on this season?

SPOILERS BEWARE
These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends
M40 (177964495)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: May 21, 2011

Forum Posts: 5249
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Lets Talk Game of Thrones (Possible Spoilers)

Postby M40 (177964495) » Mon May 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Let me ramble on about Dany(Daenerys Stormborn, breaker of chains, khalessi, mother of dragons...) For 7 seasons I was rooting for her, I wanted her up on the iron throne, I believed Westroes was finally going to have a fair ruler. But it all went downhill during this final season. Dany turned full mad queen all of a sudden, in the earlier seasons she specified that she and her army would not attack Kings Landing, she wasn’t there to be “Queen of the Ashes” Welp that didnt go as planned did it, she burned Kings Landing down, with thousands of innocents in it, this is not the Dany that we grew to love, yes I wanted her to rule, but now what? Are her allies going to think that the destruction of KL was justified? How can she rule with only fear? And this second to last episode was awful, the Ironborn, a great fleet (or so we thought) all burned in less than 20 seconds, and lets talk about this great group of mercenaries (The Golden Company), (not). I thought this episode was going to be fighting and fighting, I thought the sacking of Kings Landing was going to be an epic battle, but it was more of an epic fail, Dany and Drogon obliterated the city so quickly, and Cersei’s boring death, everything in this season is anticlimactic, we were led up to believe that the ending would epic, just like we were led on to believe that Jon would kill the night king, overall I am disappointed with this season.

Edit: other disappointing plots in this season, Rhagel’s death was so boring, it was quick, It almost made me feel like nothing major happened, and not to mention Jaime, his character was developing so lovely, but the writers ruined that too!
Last edited by M40 (177964495) on Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M40 (177964495)

Postby DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673) » Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 pm

My wifes watching it Im waiting to binge it when done But from what i see it looks like a much cheaper production in a lot of places very dark too I much preferred the few moments I saw with the dragon breaking down the gates THAT was more like the old GOT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DADDYKINS WINKWINK (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 4795
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Koats (185046372) » Wed May 15, 2019 4:02 am

So far I'm enjoying the season, but it does feel very rushed. The change in Dany's character could be attributed to the fact Varys has been slowly poisoning her, this is why he was so concerned she stopped eating and told Martha they'd try again at supper. I wonder did he do the same to her Father. I thought Cersi and Jamie dying together was an appropriate ending for both of them. I'm glad Tyrion freed him. Dany burned Varys for treason but she didn't realize he was driving her mad with the poison he was giving her in her food. He was a sly one :haha:

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 6196
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 am

M40 (177964495) wrote:Let me ramble on about Dany(Daenerys Stormborn, breaker of chains, khalessi, mother of dragons...) For 7 seasons I was rooting for her, I wanted her up on the iron throne, I believed Westroes was finally going to have a fair ruler. But it all went downhill during this final season. Dany turned full mad queen all of a sudden, in the earlier seasons she specified that she and her army would not attack Kings Landing, she wasn’t there to be “Queen of the Ashes” Welp that didnt go as planned did it, she burned Kings Landing down, with thousands of innocents in it, this is not the Dany that we grew to love, yes I wanted her to rule, but now what? Are her allies going to think that the destruction of KL was justified? How can she rule with only fear? And this second to last episode was awful, the Ironborn, a great fleet (or so we thought) all burned in less than 20 seconds, and lets talk about this great group of mercenaries (The Golden Company), (not). I thought this episode was going to be fighting and fighting, I thought the sacking of Kings Landing was going to be an epic battle, but it was more of an epic fail, Dany and Drogon obliterated the city so quickly, and Cersei’s boring death, everything in this season is anticlimactic, we were led up to believe that the ending would epic, just like we were led on to believe that Jon would kill the night king, overall I am disappointed with this season.

Edit: other disappointing plots in this season, Rhagel’s death was so boring, it was quick, It almost made me feel like nothing major happened, and not to mention Jaime, his character was developing so lovely, but the writers ruined that too!

totally agree the writing of this season was terrible. The deaths of Key Characters including Rhagel that have been developing for nearly a decade killed with no emotional content at all. I'm expecting the final episode to have a typical American style ending with lots of goodbyes, back patting and applause. Even the actors hated the way it ended... Cant wait for the Author to finish writing the book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3918
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am

Ok, I'm in the minority here but I love this season

My take on Cersei's death. It has been a running theme through the series that all of Cersei's plans have backfired with escalating consequences. These are the ones I remember.

1. Her plan to convince her father to have Tyrion and Sansa marry.

She was set to marry Loras Tyrell by him along with this.

2. The High Sparrow

Thrown into a cell and the walk of shame.

3. Blowing up The Great Sept of Baelor.

Tommen stepped from his window to his death.

4. Lying to Daenerys about a truce.

She died.

I don't think it was just about her death. It was the lead up to it. Seeing that she had failed once again was enough for me. And by then I could see it wasn't going to be Arya, and I never got the Jaime thing (apart from the prophecy) that was going to be the one to kill her.

If you remember, Daenerys was talked out of many things by her advisers. The ones she trusted are all gone. I don't think her character was butchered I think this is a part of her character development. I have also wanted to see her on the throne, but not any more.

I don't agree with the poising theory. The Targaryens had been inbreeding for 300 hundred years and the saying, everytime a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin, can't just have been referring to King Aerys. Also, Viserys wasn't right in the head.

I also think that the death of Rhaegal was just another step to push her over the edge.
...............................Image

FILTHY (152622928)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 3939

Postby M40 (177964495) » Wed May 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Yes, there are some theories that say that Dany has been going mad since season 2, she just had her trusted advisors with her to check on her worst impulses, but she lost them all, Ser Barristan, Jorah, Missandei, and all her other loses tipped her over the edge, like her dragons getting killed, Tyrion failing her constantly, her loss of allies, Dorne, Highgarden, The Ironborn. People say shes been going mad for a while, but we couldn’t see it, but last weeks episode really rushed into the idea that she’s crazy, this is not the Dany I came to support :sad:

I think what really pushed her over the edge was all the anger shes been holding back, all her life she’s had one goal, the Iron Throne, she’s so close to getting there that she let all her fury get the best of her, she realized that with Drogon she is powerful, now nothing is standing between her and the Throne. I also don’t think Jon will want to rule, he’s never wanted to rule Westroes, I think he just wants to stay home at Winterfell

In conclusion, she broke the wheel
M40 (177964495)

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:37 am

I agree that it has been a very slow build to her madness, but her actions always seemed justified and I loved her so I could not see it at as that either until this season.

I know that Jon doesn't want to take the throne but I think he might because it is what needs to be done.

Yes, Daenerys Stormborn Queen of the ashes.

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Sat May 18, 2019 4:38 am

Definitely not my favorite season of my all time favorite show.
Yes, it does feel very rushed, and I miss the character development from previous seasons as well.
While Daenerys has shown some cruel behavior in the past, usually she weighed all her options,
and only picked the cruelest one when everything else would not be effective.
The slaughtering in King's Landing was really not necessary.
The Golden Company's leader had put his sword down, the bells were already ringing as a sign of surrender.
I understand Grey Worm a bit more than Daenerys. After all he had been trained to be a ruthless killer from a young age on.
Before meeting and loving Missandei he had no fear as he had said himself and was not an emotional person.
Daenerys on the other hand had always stressed how much she wanted to break with traditions, not be like her ancestors,
and create a better world for everyone.
Yes, it is rough to come into the North and not be loved by the Northerners, but these things don't always happen over night.
They may have eventually accepted her over a longer span of time, who knows.
Losing two of her dragons,who she considered her children, was a very heavy blow as well.
And seeing Missandei, her personal advisor, was a cruel experience as well.
Yet as someone who wants to rule the 7 kingdoms, making decisions out of pain and anger, is not the best way to go.
Jon Snow not wanting to be in a romantic of intimate relationship with her is something she should not be affected by as much as she seems to.
Yes, there was definitely a spark between them, and it could have been great under the right circumstances.
However now both of them knowing they are actually nephew and aunt, it is understandable that he does not want to cross the incest line.
It may be normal among the Targaryens and if I remember correctly even Ellaria mentioned to Jaime at some point that the relationship he had with Cersei would not be frowned upon in Dorne, but Jon is a Northerner and there that is not common.

It should be interesting to see what happens in the final episode. I wonder if Arya may now place Daenerys on her "little list".
and I'd like to see Bronn one more time hopefully. Would also be interesting to know what Yara Greyjoy does now, with Theon dead for sure and Euron as well most likely.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 460
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 31027
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Sat May 18, 2019 7:32 am

That was the Lannister army who surrendered. She'd already taken out the Golden Company when Drogon blew through the gates. I believe that Greyworm's actions were out of grief for Missandei along with his respect for her and Daenerys and who he is as a soldier.

Missandei's last word, "Dracarys." She wanted them all to burn.

I don't think it bothers Daenerys at all about the incest factor, at least it doesn't seem to, and is probably why she has taken the rejection very hard despite them being related.
Once the northerners found out who he really is, they never would have backed her, and sure won't now.
I think it was Varys who said that, no, their relationship wouldn't be supported in the north if they knew the truth.

The last episode might suck. Hopefully not. We'll find out in a couple days :quiet:

Here are some worse endings:

It was just a dream

They were dead all along

Cut to black half way through a sentence

It wasn't Daenerys, it was her evil twin

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Sun May 19, 2019 8:50 am

Oops that's what I get for posting when transitioning between different shifts and being half asleep. Yes, Lannister Army, not Golden Company.

What I meant about the incest aspect is that although it does not bug Daenerys she should understand that it does bother many people in other regions, including Northerners, and Jon is a Northener. There should be some understanding on her end about the different views on the matter.

Hopefully this ending won't be even worse than the rest of season 8 so far.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 460
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 31027
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Sun May 19, 2019 9:15 am

She seems to have lost all sense of reasoning and has just taken it as another rejection and loss.

I agree that she should have been more understanding, mainly of his fear of the reaction of the northerners. I mean, that is the same sort of reason she didn't bring Daario Naharis over with her.

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 am

Not my favorite season. We wait so long in between that I am rather pissed off at this for the final one. The only thing I liked about it so far were the reunions. Everything else is cheap and dumb. Watch the end will be dumber yet with everyone, including John Snow, dying...maybe Sansa will become queen...she's been wanting such position and acts like one...I'd settle for that.
ImageImage

We're all mature, until someone pulls out some bubble wrap ~ Anonymous

PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 5432

Return to General Discussions