Just wanna put this out there

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Every time I see a thread made by someone new to the Forums or with very few posts it worries me that someone is gonna jump them because of how they express their frustration especially during days when the game is down and players are linked to the Forums, the place feels like a circus.

Let me just say that the Forums "residents" are also guests maybe we get away with extra sarcasm and wit but should keep in mind that we are more updated on every issue the game has to deal with as it happens and receive first-hand updates but they're not aware of updated information as much as we are or know their way around the Forums to look for sticky threads so they are entitled to make as many threads as they like and express their frustration however they please unless a Viking says otherwise.

Whenever I ask a Yo player to post on the Forums their first instant response is "No, players there are so rude" and I don't blame them if you go through threads made by new Forums signups you'll see all the subtle rude remarks and how they're told to calm down or that they're exaggerating or treated as irrelevant. I'm not sure if i should ask for more tolerance or a reality check but a little bit of both can ensure those people having the Forums experience their deserve.
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Kylo (130530023) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:33 pm

I agree with you - this is something I've observed as well. The forums seems to be a bit exclusive when treating someone new to the forums. The forums is such a great feature for players, it's unfortunate people are discouraged to post on it because of the clique-y environment.

I think the forums is a crucial area for development that BVG needs to focus on. Just think of all the people who spend more time on the forums than the game. It's a great indication that the community here itself can be extremely valuable to the overall YoWorld experience. But obviously BVG has minimal control on how welcoming the forums can be. So more or less it'll be heavily reliant on the regular users of the forums - and it starts with awareness, so it's awesome that you brought it up!
User avatar
Kylo (130530023)
YoWorld Level: 162
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1602
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Chase YoStarZ (130530023) wrote:I agree with you - this is something I've observed as well. The forums seems to be a bit exclusive when treating someone new to the forums. The forums is such a great feature for players, it's unfortunate people are discouraged to post on it because of the clique-y environment.

I think the forums is a crucial area for development that BVG needs to focus on. Just think of all the people who spend more time on the forums than the game. It's a great indication that the community here itself can be extremely valuable to the overall YoWorld experience. But obviously BVG has minimal control on how welcoming the forums can be. So more or less it'll be heavily reliant on the regular users of the forums - and it starts with awareness, so it's awesome that you brought it up!


Totally!

No idea where people get this idea that players with few posts are inferiors and should be treated accordingly. This game attracts a lot of introverts who already have enough trouble dealing with their outside world there's no need to put obstacles in their online world communication too.

I agree about the importance of the Forums, I think they try their best to embrace the Forums and actively use it to interact with players and announce things, it's so crucial to them to introduce new ideas and organize contests etc... but it's not easy to spot those subtle rude remarks in posts when they're cleverly hidden behind a lot of sarcasm. If someone new makes a thread about something already addressed someone will jump and tell them to use the search function if a typical Forumer creates the same thread on the same day they'll get endless responses and even praise for bringing up a rare issue, this is both pathetic and ridiculous and people who carry on making new members feel inferiors should be ashamed of themselves especially if they're adults.
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:59 am

I have to agree and it's not just new players to the forum, it's one's who've been here a long time too. I've had sarcasm and insulting remarks which I did nothing to provoke, especially when all I did was give feedback about something. We are told to stop complaining, but yet, I've seen those same players do just that, complain and also be rude

I post a lot more on here since BVG took over, when Zynga was in charge, I didn't because of the same thing and I don't know about anyone else, but I found their staff just as bad as some players, it's very disheartening

This Forum is here for everyone and everyone is entitled to make threads and post as they wish and if we do something "wrong" it's BVG's job to let us know, not players jumping on us for what is probably an honest mistake
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury
User avatar

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2038
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Waiting For The Hammer To Fall

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am

QUEENIE (108874167) wrote:I have to agree and it's not just new players to the forum, it's one's who've been here a long time too. I've had sarcasm and insulting remarks which I did nothing to provoke, especially when all I did was give feedback about something. We are told to stop complaining, but yet, I've seen those same players do just that, complain and also be rude

I post a lot more on here since BVG took over, when Zynga was in charge, I didn't because of the same thing and I don't know about anyone else, but I found their staff just as bad as some players, it's very disheartening

This Forum is here for everyone and everyone is entitled to make threads and post as they wish and if we do something "wrong" it's BVG's job to let us know, not players jumping on us for what is probably an honest mistake


This is so true and accurate if a Viking is reading this please watch out for the Mini Vikings roaming through threads telling people what they can and can't post and embarrass them publicly by saying it's your job not theirs.

In the end of the day we are discussing and arguing aspects of a game, we're not debating religion or faith to take this kind of hostile approach towards each other, I have always said that if you're very active here then we have a lot in common already because Yo is a part of my daily routine, anyway i know better than calling for peace I know the world is too messed up for that but i'm hoping for a reality check every once in a while and realization that people have different tolerance rate during public interactions, not everyone is wired to get in pointless exchanges and many post here just to get their problem sorted with a Viking assistance then leave while others like the part where they can interact with the game developers and give them first-hand reviews, either way make your presence here a positive one for you and others too.
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks Nick and what you say is right - people being embarrassed for saying something and being jumped on because of it. As I said in my last post, it doesn't help and it really is quite off putting when it comes to posting again, therefore, it's just easier to stay away. Very sad
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury
User avatar

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2038
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Waiting For The Hammer To Fall

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby TL Styx (187264144) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:45 am

Not to mention someone's post count playing great role in chances of getting response. Personally, I don't look if someone's supporter or having very few posts or being new player - if I somehow find a thread where I can help or give advice, I'll respond, disregarding any of the above factors. But some people out here are just ignoring anyone who's below level 200 or not having more than 1000 posts, failing to remember they too were once below level 200 with as many as 1 or 2 posts which probably went unnoticed as well.
User avatar
TL Styx (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 4367
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Lost in spaghetti code

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:31 am

TL Kira (187264144) wrote:Not to mention someone's post count playing great role in chances of getting response. Personally, I don't look if someone's supporter or having very few posts or being new player - if I somehow find a thread where I can help or give advice, I'll respond, disregarding any of the above factors. But some people out here are just ignoring anyone who's below level 200 or not having more than 1000 posts, failing to remember they too were once below level 200 with as many as 1 or 2 posts which probably went unnoticed as well.


This whole post count thing ended years ago along with the concept of Forums which also died as well, now companies use Twitter and Instagram to communicate with their customers and build feedback. People think they're invincible here because they are anonymous and can get away with everything because they have a fake front to face the world with, especially those who always have something to apologize for after not minding their own business and getting on people's nerves and are quick to play victim as soon as they're called out.
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nibbler (126579776) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 am

As part of the "establishment" in here, please allow me to chime in. I've never understood the attack mentality in these forums. We all post in a public forum. It is meant for ideas to be shared and challenged. The expectation that some people have that they should be able to post and only have agreement with what they posted is just ludicrous. And there is a difference between a rude attack and posting a differing view, but I don't think some people can tell the difference. So instead they just classify everyone in the forums as attack dogs.

I've asked dozens of players to stop in and post over my time in here. Most have left for the very reason you cite. They just can't take what they feel is an "attack" from anyone on their precious ego or pet idea. I once tried to post this very concept up in discussions and was immediately torn to pieces by the normal clique of drama llamas. I just gave up.

I've also had the nastiest PMs from a few regulars for acting kindly towards someone they thought I should rip to shreds. In other words "How DARE I not hold a grudge". Well I don't and I won't. Every new thread is its own animal. I give everyone a fair shot with every idea or opinion. All I ask is that people do the same.

But it is not going to happen. We have feuds that go back 5 or more years in here. I don't have the energy to hold a grudge that long. LOL

Anyway, I love the sentiment Sir Nick. I wish it would hold up. :thumbsup:
Image

You may not understand my specific kind of crazy, but you should at least admire my commitment to it.
User avatar

Nibbler (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 26476
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 am

Heisenberg (126579776) wrote:As part of the "establishment" in here, please allow me to chime in. I've never understood the attack mentality in these forums. We all post in a public forum. It is meant for ideas to be shared and challenged. The expectation that some people have that they should be able to post and only have agreement with what they posted is just ludicrous. And there is a difference between a rude attack and posting a differing view, but I don't think some people can tell the difference. So instead they just classify everyone in the forums as attack dogs.

I've asked dozens of players to stop in and post over my time in here. Most have left for the very reason you cite. They just can't take what they feel is an "attack" from anyone on their precious ego or pet idea. I once tried to post this very concept up in discussions and was immediately torn to pieces by the normal clique of drama llamas. I just gave up.

I've also had the nastiest PMs from a few regulars for acting kindly towards someone they thought I should rip to shreds. In other words "How DARE I not hold a grudge". Well I don't and I won't. Every new thread is its own animal. I give everyone a fair shot with every idea or opinion. All I ask is that people do the same.

But it is not going to happen. We have feuds that go back 5 or more years in here. I don't have the energy to hold a grudge that long. LOL

Anyway, I love the sentiment Sir Nick. I wish it would hold up. :thumbsup:


Of course you are allowed to chime in, your history on the Forums is long and i was around during certain points where you were attacked in the nastiest way possible and you handled it well. Good point mentioning the sending PMs part, this is still happening every other day a member gets a threat PM or just one filled with insults over their opinion and I can't beging to explain how pathetic and petty someone has to be to private message someone just to insult them over their opinion.

Mind you as far as sarcasm goes i'm no angel :angel: but i only whip it out as an act of defense, I never provoke people first. :devil:
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm

I have to agree, you make good points. It's very hurtful when someone attacks you for no justifiable reason, but that said, they have no "right" to attack anyone and please forgive me for saying this, I think there are also the "favourites" who get away with far more than the rest of us and a blind eye is turned.

We are all on here for the same reason, we all play YoWorld and therefore, should be able to give opinions,especially in Feedback threads without being attacked. I've had it happen more than once for not liking something, but I continuously see those who did this, do exactly the same thing when they don't like something. What bothers me even more, like I said above, "blind eye" plus NO responses to anything that the majority of us have been shouting about for the past 3 years.

It's not very encouraging in relation to our game is it ?
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury
User avatar

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2038
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Waiting For The Hammer To Fall

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:11 pm

QUEENIE (108874167) wrote:I have to agree, you make good points. It's very hurtful when someone attacks you for no justifiable reason, but that said, they have no "right" to attack anyone and please forgive me for saying this, I think there are also the "favourites" who get away with far more than the rest of us and a blind eye is turned.

We are all on here for the same reason, we all play YoWorld and therefore, should be able to give opinions,especially in Feedback threads without being attacked. I've had it happen more than once for not liking something, but I continuously see those who did this, do exactly the same thing when they don't like something. What bothers me even more, like I said above, "blind eye" plus NO responses to anything that the majority of us have been shouting about for the past 3 years.

It's not very encouraging in relation to our game is it ?


I'm afraid you are very correct and precise in describing what is really going on, it's very hard to be logical and play fair while this madness is happening around you and you only have two choices either bring out your badass persona or quit the Forums altogether if it adds nothing new to your life, I'm at the second part where my presence here doesn't bring anything of value to my life, sometimes you are pushed to give someone a whopping then they point at you and say see they're aggressive then are quick to play victim.
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Exactly right Nick, sadly. I come on here because I like to interact and get to know my fellow players, but sometimes, I just don't know anymore. It doesn't particularly bring any value to my life either, but I think if I stopped posting, it would be for myself, not because someone drove me away. I couldn't give someone who maybe would prefer I wasn't here, the satisfaction, you know ?

Don't get me wrong, there are some really lovely players and helpful ones too and that does help and can make a visit here worthwhile. I won't bore anyone with details, but let's just say, it can be a nice escape when people are nice, I just wish those we speak of could sing from the same sheet sometimes.

Oh well, we can only keep plodding on in the hope that one of these days, things might get better. I'm not holding my breath, but can always hope

Thanks Nick :)
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury
User avatar

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2038
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Waiting For The Hammer To Fall

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:01 pm

QUEENIE (108874167) wrote:Exactly right Nick, sadly. I come on here because I like to interact and get to know my fellow players, but sometimes, I just don't know anymore. It doesn't particularly bring any value to my life either, but I think if I stopped posting, it would be for myself, not because someone drove me away. I couldn't give someone who maybe would prefer I wasn't here, the satisfaction, you know ?

Don't get me wrong, there are some really lovely players and helpful ones too and that does help and can make a visit here worthwhile. I won't bore anyone with details, but let's just say, it can be a nice escape when people are nice, I just wish those we speak of could sing from the same sheet sometimes.

Oh well, we can only keep plodding on in the hope that one of these days, things might get better. I'm not holding my breath, but can always hope

Thanks Nick :)


Have a nice weekend! :)
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby michelle ganley (14702341) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:10 am

i agree with you im nt behind a fake name on here or in game this is my real name because although its only a game i act on here as i would in life i dont post often or comment but i do like to read the posts and i to have friends who wont even come on here but tbh there are some realy lovely people on here to :heart:
Image
User avatar
michelle ganley (14702341)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 29, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1087
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby India (108767574) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm so pleased someone has addressed this issue, I for one don't post because I asked for some advice when I first began playing and the replies were rude and sarcastic to say the least. I come in and read the latest stuff but not to post. We all have to learn in all walks of life so a bit of respect and consideration would not go amiss. As the saying goes, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all :quiet: .
User avatar
India (108767574)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:36 pm

India (108767574) wrote:I'm so pleased someone has addressed this issue, I for one don't post because I asked for some advice when I first began playing and the replies were rude and sarcastic to say the least. I come in and read the latest stuff but not to post. We all have to learn in all walks of life so a bit of respect and consideration would not go amiss. As the saying goes, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all :quiet: .


It's unfortunate that many new forums members have to go through hell before they start forming friendships and become more comfortable expressing their opinions and creating their own threads.

When I first started I had 10 players gang up on me, it felt like messing with wild bees nest they were coming out of nowhere using insulting words but cleverly hidden in between sarcastic lines, luckily I'm used to dealing with this kind of reactions even if there was 100 of them i'd know how to handle it with ease, the key is to force your way in and stick around, i know it shouldn't be this hard to become a member of a Game community but as long as some are allowed to treat new sign-ups as inferiors they'll continue to do it.
Hey everyone, I'm on a very long study break.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 6397
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Stacey (186047797) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:31 pm

When I first started posting on the Forums I was afraid at first because I was worried people would think I was stupid or something for asking questions. But then I decided I didn't care what people thought of me and if I had a question about something I will post it no matter how idiotic it may sound. I find it's easier to learn when there are people who are there to lend a helping hand and give you sound advice. But yeah, there are the rare few that can make you feel like a complete moron for what you posted but I know that doesn't define the rest of the YoWorld Community. I am a part of this YoWorld Community and like it or not I am here to stay LOL. I hope other YoWorld players especially the newer ones find enjoyment in the game and meet the kind of helpful people I have met. No question is a stupid question!
Image
User avatar

Stacey (186047797)
YoWorld Level: 230
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 18, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 276
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Painting while sipping Iced Coffee

Re: Just wanna put this out there

Postby Nibbler (126579776) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 am

Stacey (186047797) wrote:When I first started posting on the Forums I was afraid at first because I was worried people would think I was stupid or something for asking questions. But then I decided I didn't care what people thought of me and if I had a question about something I will post it no matter how idiotic it may sound. I find it's easier to learn when there are people who are there to lend a helping hand and give you sound advice. But yeah, there are the rare few that can make you feel like a complete moron for what you posted but I know that doesn't define the rest of the YoWorld Community. I am a part of this YoWorld Community and like it or not I am here to stay LOL. I hope other YoWorld players especially the newer ones find enjoyment in the game and meet the kind of helpful people I have met. No question is a stupid question!

You keep right on posting Miss Stacey. If I see anyone treating anyone like a moron for trying to learn, rest assured I will jump right in the middle of that sh*t. We ALL learn about this game every day. Just because one player knows a trick that another doesn't, doesn't make them smarter or dumber than the other. It is all about LEARNING together.

:hug:
Image

You may not understand my specific kind of crazy, but you should at least admire my commitment to it.
User avatar

Nibbler (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 26476
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense


Return to General Discussions