The Net (Chapter 1 - Recruitment Day)

Show off your creativity! Post your art, pictures, designs, movies, and other creations from YoWorld!

The Net (Chapter 1 - Recruitment Day)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:48 pm

In a future where YoWorld has become a perfect game, a cybernetic Utopia...

The Net is what could be YoWorld's strongest and most powerful fan-made organization, controlling key aspects of the game. The Net ran by only the richest, and most powerful YoWorlders ever known. Every year The Net recruits hundreds of YoWorlders, in order to expand their power, and help create what they believe to make a perfect game...

Recruitment day...

Kara wakes up early in the morning for her new job interview. She gets out of her bed and heads to the jobs section of the events. Today was the day she had been anticipating for the longest time. The Net, is one of the most dominant fan-created companies in the game. It’s one of the few organizations that drive the YoEconomy.

She arrived at the place where the interviews were held. The place was filled with rows and rows of chairs, all filed with YoWorlders awaiting their turns. Kara found an empty seat in one of the corners of the room, and sat in it. The room was a combination of white, and blue. The chairs were blue, the walls were white, at the back wall of the room, there were two white boards. One of them depicted the Net’s logo, which was a planet representing YoWorld, with a giant spider web-shaped net surrounding it. Next to it was the YoWorldian Flag. She gazed around the room, and saw five people at the front desk, they called out names in order of arrival. They would enter a room, to be interviewed Kara supposed.

After a while, her name was called. She modestly entered the room, where a woman greeted her at a small desk. She wore all black, her hair was black, and her eyes were green, she had an elegant avatar. She asked Kara to have a seat. By her avatar’s name tag, Kara saw that her name was Christina. Christina started by asking her why she wanted to work with the Net. Kara said that it would be an interesting experience. Christina asked her her opinion on today’s YoEconomy. Kara expresses that it has seen better days…

She was right, the YoCash rates were 7k-1. A few months earlier, they had only been 5k-1. The question reminded Kara of a time before her own, a time she never experienced. She had only joined the game about a half year earlier. She remember hearing of the days when YoCash rates were 25k-1 YoCash, then the Net stepped in. To Kara’s understanding, the Net has one of YoWorld’s largest, powerful, and most successful YoCash dealing branches, so powerful, that YoCash dealers that are not a part of it, rarely ever make profit anymore. The majority of the game now purchases YoCash from the Net.

Christina asks Kara what she thinks about Price Jackers. Kara said that she felt people were able to name whatever prices they wanted. Christina then asked her, what would she think if someone was to manipulate the economy in order to make their own items rise? Kara thought that it would be corrupt of anyone to do that. Then Christina pointed out, that that was exactly what price jacking was. She then asked Kara her opinion on the current state of YoWorld. Kara thought that it could do better.

Kara was right, at this point in time, YoWorld had a population of around 5 million Yos, the numbers spiked about a few years earlier, when the company decided to separate YoWorld from Facebook, and making the game’s very own platform. On YoWorld.com, players have their own profile, which displayed all sorts of information on them, such as all of their houses, their buddies, their current level, and all of the items they owned, as well as the ability to message other players. The forums could also be reached from there.

The forums where another place for YoWorlders to socialize, besides the game itself. Kara had never been to the forums herself, but she heard many things about them, usually possitive things. Christina got out of her seat, and walked to the other side of the room, revealing her long black dress. She looked very rich. Christina began to explain what the Net was all about. The Net was one of YoWorld’s top leading organizations founded back in 2015, with the goal of making the game more Utopian than ever. In their philosophy, in order for the game to become perfect, it had to start off with a perfect economy, after the Net came into place, the economy began to shift, then fell drastically, and has not risen since then. Christina then stated, that the Net had about 897 active members, total. That number was expected to rise well over 970 after they finished accepting recruits for that month. After a few more minutes of irrelevant talk from her, she sent Kara away, and told her that her results would be sent to her via Private Message on YoWorld.com, and that it could take as long as a week.

Kara then left. After waking up the next day, she notice a new message. She clicked on it, they were her results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two can be found in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36987

Enjoy!
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6306
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: The Net (Chapter 1 - Recruitment Day)

Postby D Lacrimosa (5164632) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:09 pm

I wonder what will happen next. :o :shock: :o
D Lacrimosa (5164632)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 15, 2008

Forum Posts: 2853
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Is this good or not! Woot!!

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 7806
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Rain (110294179) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Cool beans. :)

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.

Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 6319

Postby Sussu (152014340) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Ohhhhh Anthonyyyyy...yesss I m your fan number one!!!!!!....
Cant wait till next Friday :D
Sussu (152014340)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 2772

Postby Vickie HeaRT (102222663) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:19 am

Love it Anthony. I'm waiting patiently for chapter 2.

Vickie HeaRT (102222663)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: May 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 1567
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Bump. Chapter 2 comes out this Friday. New Chapter every Friday.
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6306

Postby Diva (185385044) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Amazing! Can't wait for Chapter 2! :D
CLICK MY SIGGY TO GO TO MY APARTMENT! :D
MY BIRTHDAY IS ON MARCH 10th!!! AHHHH! TURNING 22! :haha:
Diva (185385044)
YoWorld Level: 77
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2013

Forum Posts: 922
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Snowy (178950646) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 am

I do not like this idea because...

After reading
The Net chapter 1
so far i do not like the idea. The game is as corrupt in my personal experience to the rich getting richer and the poor staying on the bottom all the time. Unless you are prepared to be in Yoworld 24/7 you would never make good coins. In my eyes the only way to control this is for Yoworld to do their OWN price guide. We all know the price jackers control the guides already in use and any one new would not have a clue on where to find these prices. So for example on say 1st of the month the guide is updated by Yoworld an independant person/persons who can decide how long an item has been in the shops and whether yocash or coins. This person could control our pockets, this way giving any new or old person to earn the same coins on the goods. With all the rereleases on 08 items given a fair value instead of them being millions.

I started out in 2008 and i lost my original account and houses due to Zyngas error of not for 1month, i had a stuck on 80% loading problem because at the time none of us knew the more we bought then the more we lagged. So all these facts need to be given to everyone.

Sounds like a good story but it is not good when you pay real money into the game and you have no say.

Good luck Yoworld on this but your own price guide is needed.

Snowy (178950646)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 29, 2011

Forum Posts: 70
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Snowy (178950646) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:12 am

also its just this guys imagination running wild lol.....good imagination my friend :)

Snowy (178950646)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 29, 2011

Forum Posts: 70
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Sussu (152014340) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:34 am

I hope more ppl could read this :thumbsup:
Sussu (152014340)

Postby Sussu (152014340) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:35 am

I want to see all the chapters together :haha:
Sussu (152014340)

Return to Yo-Creator's Corner