[ANNOUNCEMENT] The Future of YoWorld Part 3 (Sept. 22, 2020)

Players helping other players learn the ins and outs of YoWorld.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] The Future of YoWorld Part 3 (Sept. 22, 2

Postby Ashen (127118376) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks much for the long awaited update!

Personally i was looking forward to a fresher looking Yo with better graphics and visuals. As an avid gamer i love most if not all types of graphics, but in order to keep this game interesting for new customers and players i would've thought the new updated Yo on Unity would have been a smashing hit.

However the notion that we probably get to keep all our items, YC and coins is a plus and i look forward to the day we're all converted properly!

:drink: :thumbsup: :drool:
Ashen (127118376)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 5420
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:36 pm

YOJCatYSTA (129129053) wrote:Yay I'm so happy we're not changing our avatars :heart: :heart: :heart: Some folks think HTML5 is a downgrade from Unity but I think HTML5 is an upgrade from Flash :D I'm soooooo excited Yo will still be our beloved Yo after 11 fantastic years of playing everyday I can say I'm one of those ppl who hate major changes. Changing the map would be cool, doesn't bother me as long as my avatars, items or homes don't change. Thanks for the update & I look forward to the switch :bye:

Same here! :D :heart:
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 85072
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:45 pm

OMG SHOES (2131112) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I do think BVG had a vision when they were developing the new game through the use of Unity. Without a vision, that playtesting would have never occured. A new environment and new avatars would have never been made available for users to test. Artistically, and aesthetically, they had a vision they wanted. Ultimately, they succumed to the long-time users of their platform.

I appreciate BVG's willingness to listen and negotiate with us, but I've been a tad disillusioned by the community's unwillingness to negotiate in return. Not bashing anybody, not speaking out against anybody's views here. But every idea BVG has had, has been majorly torn down or not given a chance.

Even if the avatars looked and funtioned a little different, even if the map and user interface looked different. BVG made it perfectly clear that their largest intent all along was a successful item transfer. And that they were going to make that dream occur, Unity or not.

By going back the HTML5 route, what have we really accomplished here? Just keeping the same graphics? Cause it seems that item transferring is not yet totally guaranteed, despite the fact that BVG seems confident enough they can pull it off. They're basically trying to transfer this game as is to HTML5. At least, that's what I've gathered from this announcement. With Unity, they were seemingly rebuilding the game from scratch. I would have preferred a new game from scratch, especially since the coding in this game is as ancient as it is. I would have loved new, simpler coding, and a more smoothly-running game. But that's just me.

I think that at the end of the day the biggest focal point of the community was a successful all-item transfer, which could have occured with either Unity or HTML5 (and still doesn't seem to be 100% guaranteed with either). We've gotten used to user interface updates in the past, map updates barely phased us, we could have gotten used to new avatars. So going from Unity to HTML5 was a waste of resources. Cause not only does BVG now have to contract an outside company to help them out with it, but HTML5, in general, is a downgrade from Unity.

Koats (185046372) wrote:Well It's disappointing news unity has been abandoned, I felt it would drag Yo into the future. I wish you every success :drink:

Very this.

I was lucky to be able to playtest, and I loved what I saw. As a player who's been here from the beginning, it made me excited for YoWorld's future, for the first time in years. I appreciate the update and BVG's efforts to transfer our items and money, just wish we as a community had been more willing to embrace change.

I did the play testing also, and I also was very excited about the changes coming our way, now it will just be the same ole stuff, and I also agree it was the older players with stuff that has gone through the artificially inflated prices that we see every day that will continue to rule, Don't get me wrong I own some of it, and I shake my head in wonder that my house robe from Modern Mystery gem event is now worth about 17m, and then there was that Big Pink Bow I sold for 30M, but it would have been worth it to let these items go, in order to see new players and new items, with better graphics, that Unity would have brought. If your worried about your rooms, you could have taken pics and redesigned them most likely they might have been better, unless you are my fav decorator Mary YED, who was looking forward to where redoing them would take her, and believe me none of you decorated like she decorates, if you don't believe me just search her name in the forum and look at her work.. :heart: :heart: So we at Yo have missed the opportunity to move into the 21st century, and shot ourselves in the foot. BVG did not let us down, we did :heartbroken:
Better to be infamous than not famous at all...Roger Stone d=h83636232

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 1789
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby SkinnyPete (103197293) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 pm

Thanks for the update and thanks for all your hard work. I really appriciate it. :)
SKINNYPETE

SkinnyPete (103197293)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: May 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 35
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby LISALISHUS (120422896) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:19 pm

I sorta kinda liked how the new avi's looked, especially with them wearing the new looks by the player designers. Im just sitting back HOPING everything goes well during the transfer to HTML5. I do hope all of the questions asked here get answered.
If you want someone to notice you, be a typo
Im Pure Michigan
THE Lisalishus
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82323030
LISALISHUS (120422896)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 1909

Postby Miss Klutz (114423285) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 pm

Thanks Viking Andrew for the update. I have to applaud all the Vikings and BVG for all their hard work on the game and knowing they can't please everyone with the decisions that are made. I am glad we will still have YW no matter what platform is used. Thanks again for the update
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Miss Klutz (114423285)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 272
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Honey Luv (103010381) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 pm

:D :heart: :gift: YAY! So happy for this good news!!!! :gift: :heart: :D
Honey Luv (103010381)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 19
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby SUSHigirl (111646228) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:19 am

Over the moon! I did not like the feedback from friends who got to be part of the testing polls so am greatly relieved that we can press forward and remain as the game which has kept my attention for all these years.
I am not apposed to modernizing certain aspects once we pass thru the transfer to HTM5 and would love to see updates that would benefit our gameplay like new game Nameplates. And another town refurbish would be welcome since our car and stable spaces are now deadzones.
But that can all wait until we have secured our ability to carry on

SUSHigirl (111646228)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 1898

Postby YoGranny (187795530) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:18 am

Meadow (152618059) wrote:
OMG SHOES (2131112) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I do think BVG had a vision when they were developing the new game through the use of Unity. Without a vision, that playtesting would have never occured. A new environment and new avatars would have never been made available for users to test. Artistically, and aesthetically, they had a vision they wanted. Ultimately, they succumed to the long-time users of their platform.

I appreciate BVG's willingness to listen and negotiate with us, but I've been a tad disillusioned by the community's unwillingness to negotiate in return. Not bashing anybody, not speaking out against anybody's views here. But every idea BVG has had, has been majorly torn down or not given a chance.

Even if the avatars looked and funtioned a little different, even if the map and user interface looked different. BVG made it perfectly clear that their largest intent all along was a successful item transfer. And that they were going to make that dream occur, Unity or not.

By going back the HTML5 route, what have we really accomplished here? Just keeping the same graphics? Cause it seems that item transferring is not yet totally guaranteed, despite the fact that BVG seems confident enough they can pull it off. They're basically trying to transfer this game as is to HTML5. At least, that's what I've gathered from this announcement. With Unity, they were seemingly rebuilding the game from scratch. I would have preferred a new game from scratch, especially since the coding in this game is as ancient as it is. I would have loved new, simpler coding, and a more smoothly-running game. But that's just me.

Very this.

I was lucky to be able to playtest, and I loved what I saw. As a player who's been here from the beginning, it made me excited for YoWorld's future, for the first time in years. I appreciate the update and BVG's efforts to transfer our items and money, just wish we as a community had been more willing to embrace change.

I did the play testing also, and I also was very excited about the changes coming our way, now it will just be the same ole stuff, and I also agree it was the older players with stuff that has gone through the artificially inflated prices that we see every day that will continue to rule, Don't get me wrong I own some of it, and I shake my head in wonder that my house robe from Modern Mystery gem event is now worth about 17m, and then there was that Big Pink Bow I sold for 30M, but it would have been worth it to let these items go, in order to see new players and new items, with better graphics, that Unity would have brought. If your worried about your rooms, you could have taken pics and redesigned them most likely they might have been better, unless you are my fav decorator Mary YED, who was looking forward to where redoing them would take her, and believe me none of you decorated like she decorates, if you don't believe me just search her name in the forum and look at her work.. :heart: :heart: So we at Yo have missed the opportunity to move into the 21st century, and shot ourselves in the foot. BVG did not let us down, we did :heartbroken:

I was a playtester, too. I REALLY loved what they did to the park and the town. It was BEAUTIFUL. :night: :heart:
Cheers,

YoGranny

YoGranny (187795530)
YoWorld Level: 249
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2020

Forum Posts: 48
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:29 am

so basically, the one main question concerning people has not been answer to be realistic.......

Asset transfer

What’s happening with the item conversion? Will my assets be moved over once the game is converted.

To address the first and most-asked question, our goal is to transfer over all assets. Your YoCash and YoCoin amounts will be transferred over as well.

we already knew it was your goal, that was stated months ago but that doesnt really answer anything at all.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 10330
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:03 am

So the broken assets can be used until June or is considered broken in December? Cause the gameroom until June something. If December I have 2 months of solid decorating to do better hurry up finish :cold: . Broken mean it could poof or remain there like a static decoration? If the item is not converted, will it poof or ghost?
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 385
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 8934
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:06 am

YOJCatYSTA (129129053) wrote:Yay I'm so happy we're not changing our avatars :heart: :heart: :heart: Some folks think HTML5 is a downgrade from Unity but I think HTML5 is an upgrade from Flash :D I'm soooooo excited Yo will still be our beloved Yo after 11 fantastic years of playing everyday I can say I'm one of those ppl who hate major changes. Changing the map would be cool, doesn't bother me as long as my avatars, items or homes don't change. Thanks for the update & I look forward to the switch :bye:

:thumbsup:
Bring it
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 18623
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Isla (2518852) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 am

YoGranny (187795530) wrote:
I was a playtester, too. I REALLY loved what they did to the park and the town. It was BEAUTIFUL. :night: :heart:

I loved the park and town. That was the biggest improvement ever. I mean, they haven't told us unequivocally that those elements have been scrapped. I'd imagine they would have at least changed a little given the program changed, but it would be great to see if they kept a lot of that in some form.

Just because they're regrouping back to HTML5 doesn't mean some of the updates they were trying so hard to implement won't be completed. My hope is that, if they've updated nothing else, these elements stay. And, that layering in design and on the avatar is created and somehow implemented. Those updates alone would be amazing, and maybe those will inspire more changes down the road.

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 1027
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:36 am

I truly hope we can move away from FB & onto an independent platform :)

Thanks again for the update & saving our game from Flash’s demise :D
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 85072
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby LABxVIP (116557903) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:48 am

Thank you so much Viking Andrew!! many of us have been anxious to hear the upcoming news.. Its refreshing to hear some good news! Many of us look forward to YoWorld for 2021 <3

LABxVIP (116557903)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 159
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Straw (116376068) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:10 am

My question is what makes Flash so insecure? Wouldn't it be easier to buy Flash and upgrade it? Sorry this might seem a bit silly. They might have back doors into it. I was just thinking with all the technology out there maybe there would be a way to make it secure. I also don't know if there are other reasons Flash is ending. FLASH REVAMPED 2021.

Straw (116376068)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 3209
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Also, I would have liked to have seen what these new avatars looked like with our current clothing. How they would have moved, etc.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8034
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby CosmoZory (182292488) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Really great news! :party: Thank you so much Andrew! :thumbsup:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
CosmoZory (182292488)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 11, 2012

Forum Posts: 15705
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby CosmoZory (182292488) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:04 pm

TinkRBell (112682604) wrote:Thanks so much for the update !! I'm SO glad BVG listened to players & didn't change the look of our "Yo's" & the look of the game, in general. We :heart: YoWorld, as it is -- many of us have been playing for 10+ years & have a lot of time, effort & money invested in the game. Considering how badly 2020 has sucked, I have been worried about YoWorld's future --- the updates have been a pleasure to read, believe me !! Thanks again & keep the GOOD news coming. :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
CosmoZory (182292488)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 11, 2012

Forum Posts: 15705
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby NinaTWD (12289433) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:58 pm

I'm a teacher in Web developing and games programming. Isn't it too late? I'm in Peru and our students already do it for 3 years we are not a Banana Country

NinaTWD (12289433)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 123
Forum Title: YoApprentice

PreviousNext

Return to "How To" and General Game Play Questions