[ANNOUNCEMENT] The Future of YoWorld Part 3 (Sept. 22, 2020)

Players helping other players learn the ins and outs of YoWorld.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] The Future of YoWorld Part 3 (Sept. 22, 2

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Thank you for the update. I like the news so far. :thumbsup:
Oh, honey, you may fool some people... but I'm not one of them. And when karma slaps you in the face, I want to be there just in case it needs help.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 237
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8420
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Barbara (105060285) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:53 pm

I saw the prototype for the new game both the clothing and the town I was lucky to be randomly chosen......The town was very nice a lake and a park and the stores were all in a row with the original music for each of our stores as you pass by them. There was the sound of birds chirping and you could hear the water in the pond.....It was a huge walk around area. It reminded me of MINI PLANET which failed very fast. I am sure you can google that game to see what it was like but I liked yoworld much better.
The avatars were nice you could enlarge them but the heads were smaller no big headed yo's like we are used to ...the dressing of the avatars was more complicated and I kinda liked the way the game is now better......
We have yet to get a response about whether it will be based on FB or not and I wonder why they have not given a response but it appears they made their decision based on players feedback. I am happy with whatever they choose cause more expensive stuff is not what we need...there would be lots of complaints in a game that has too many complainers already....I am glad to continue the game in a similar way to how it is now and I would rather be safe and have all or most my items !!! We will all have to wait and see.
Halloween is around the corner I hope it is a good one...I think they just need to come up with some different game aspects to keep it new and it will be fine ! I think they are trying their best ...They put out a huge amount of stuff...I mean I used to buy almost everything now I am more picky about what I select , which house or hat I buy. I am glad the game will continue cause I stop in every day and when I see my friends list in game it says that all of my friends played today !!! AND i have a lot of old friends in the game .

SO how bout some answers to our questions !!!! please

Barbara (105060285)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 608
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Barbara (105060285) wrote:I saw the prototype for the new game both the clothing and the town I was lucky to be randomly chosen......The town was very nice a lake and a park and the stores were all in a row with the original music for each of our stores as you pass by them. There was the sound of birds chirping and you could hear the water in the pond.....It was a huge walk around area. It reminded me of MINI PLANET which failed very fast. I am sure you can google that game to see what it was like but I liked yoworld much better.
The avatars were nice you could enlarge them but the heads were smaller no big headed yo's like we are used to ...the dressing of the avatars was more complicated and I kinda liked the way the game is now better......
We have yet to get a response about whether it will be based on FB or not and I wonder why they have not given a response but it appears they made their decision based on players feedback. I am happy with whatever they choose cause more expensive stuff is not what we need...there would be lots of complaints in a game that has too many complainers already....I am glad to continue the game in a similar way to how it is now and I would rather be safe and have all or most my items !!! We will all have to wait and see.
Halloween is around the corner I hope it is a good one...I think they just need to come up with some different game aspects to keep it new and it will be fine ! I think they are trying their best ...They put out a huge amount of stuff...I mean I used to buy almost everything now I am more picky about what I select , which house or hat I buy. I am glad the game will continue cause I stop in every day and when I see my friends list in game it says that all of my friends played today !!! AND i have a lot of old friends in the game .

MiniPlanet was around for 5 years :)

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 26237
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Koats (185046372) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Mudda Fakka (126579776) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:Well It's disappointing news unity has been abandoned, I felt it would drag Yo into the future. I wish you every success :drink:

It is disappointing. :drink:

The power of "sameness" is a drug for many people. Change is hard for the majority. I find that introducing change to a system or process is often despised. I am greeted with disdain and even hatred, for even mentioning the possibility that something needs to change.

With everyone working from home, I simply suggested that the companies seriously need to go to 2 factor authentication to properly secure the network. The phone calls and meetings I had to go through were nothing short of a gauntlet of abuse. You'd have thought I asked people to cut off their fingers.

Change is hard. 11 years of "same" would make change very hard for most of Yo. I'm glad you guys are good with changing the game. I was excited to see it if they stayed on that path. But I also know that Yo would have lost 1000s of paying customers if they did it. And they may still yet lose them. They could spend all this money trying to get there, and it might be a destination that many may not like. We'll see..........

:sad:

There is a part in all of us that is comfortable with what we know and are familiar with and I understand that. Change can be difficult and dealing with the unfamiliar isn't always an easy process. I have some concerns that the longevity of the game might be compromised by this need to preserve what's familiar.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein

#BlackLivesMatter

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 7029
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Edward (119531724) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Thanks for the update! :love:

Edward (119531724)
YoWorld Level: 383
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 117
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Kerstin (2542229) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Thank you, I'm happy with this. :D
Kerstin (2542229)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2008

Forum Posts: 672
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:18 pm

FILTHY (152622928) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I think going from Unity to HTML5 was a downgrade.

Agree

A lot of the better PC/online games are made using Unity. I wish I could have been one of the lucky few who tested these new assets and environments that BVG was testing.

I can't lie, the background and detailing was pretty amazing. I think what put everyone off was how much the avatars would need to change to accommodate the new platform. They just didn't feel "YO". I don't know if it is possible to integrate some of the really cool graphics that the Unity platform demonstrated, but it would be pretty awesome to give YoWorld a much needed overhaul.

That's the downside with these tests. BVG released a survey showing us multiple ideas of what the avatars MAY look like, but only a small number of testers got to see this new environment and avatars they were testing. I wish the entire game got to see it, even if we weren't testing it ourselves. Gifs, videos, play-throughs, images of what it looked like would have been enough for me to vote on another survey whether or not it was something I wanted to see expanded upon.

I did get to do the play testing of the new map. Ever play Mini Planet? That's what it reminded me of. What turned me off the most was the constant swaying of the avatar when idle. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like with a room full of those.

Thanks for the update!! Thank you for listening! :heart:

Yes, the constant swaying was annoying.
When life gives you lemons, give the lemons back. Why were the lemons free? Is something wrong with the lemons? Are the lemons haunted? Be suspicious of the lemons.

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 3324
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Nightshade (127561160) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Thank you for the update Andrew. I am sure the next two months are going to be jam packed for you guys. Wish your team all the best!

Nightshade (127561160)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 219

Postby Carla (109030001) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Why cant we see some of the screen shots of the unity version now.. Why so secretive now since you have decided against it .If it was shared to more people or all .. at some point. Maybe more people would have been open for change. But the unknown is something scary.

Carla (109030001)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 1065
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Thank you for the update. It sounds promising. So for now, I'll hold onto that :heart:
Bring it
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 18623
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Carla (109030001) wrote:Why cant we see some of the screen shots of the unity version now.. Why so secretive now since you have decided against it .If it was shared to more people or all .. at some point. Maybe more people would have been open for change. But the unknown is something scary.

This is what I keep saying. I'd like to think that I'm more than capable of giving constructive feedback. It's a requirement in my creative field. I'm sure the rest of the game feels that they're able to deliver constructive feedback. I would have loved to have been a part of this study. I would have loved for the entire game to be somehow involved in it. The way I would have done it is as follows;

Every player will get a survey containing a video featuring a Viking playing on the unity version they've been testing. They cannot take the survey until they've watched the video/playthrough in its entirety. The video would also feature the developer bringing up some other features they will be adding further down the line.

Next, players will be able to test it. Players with Facebook names starting with A-M get one week to play the game. Players with Facebook names starting N-Z get to play on week two. Or they could break down the brackets smaller. After that, they get to take the second part of the survey.

Based on the survey, BVG makes adjustments to their unity version, but don't entirely scrap it.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 8034
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby RoseOWLS Chongha (119856842) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:20 pm

if you read what Viking Andrew wrote they said that yo was going to change to much and they were afraid none of our stuff would fit us any more lol and they also said it would be harder to get our stuff to work on Unity, and werent to sure how much would really transfer over . They did the smart thing i feel !! i did the play testing also i did like the city but i there were aspects i didnt like like the bobble heads . I wish they would make us water we can go in and swim that would be fun !!!

RoseOWLS Chongha (119856842)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 1260
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby YOJCatYSTA (129129053) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Yay I'm so happy we're not changing our avatars :heart: :heart: :heart: Some folks think HTML5 is a downgrade from Unity but I think HTML5 is an upgrade from Flash :D I'm soooooo excited Yo will still be our beloved Yo after 11 fantastic years of playing everyday I can say I'm one of those ppl who hate major changes. Changing the map would be cool, doesn't bother me as long as my avatars, items or homes don't change. Thanks for the update & I look forward to the switch :bye:
Yoj Cat Ysta

YOJCatYSTA (129129053)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 145

Postby Cereza (160279019) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:39 pm

YOJCatYSTA (129129053) wrote:Yay I'm so happy we're not changing our avatars :heart: :heart: :heart: Some folks think HTML5 is a downgrade from Unity but I think HTML5 is an upgrade from Flash :D I'm soooooo excited Yo will still be our beloved Yo after 11 fantastic years of playing everyday I can say I'm one of those ppl who hate major changes. Changing the map would be cool, doesn't bother me as long as my avatars, items or homes don't change. Thanks for the update & I look forward to the switch :bye:

Same here! :D
Cereza (160279019)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2010

Forum Posts: 2044
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:50 pm

I was very happy with what I saw too but my concern is my zynga item, I wish we could get an straight answer from them :sad:

Barbara (105060285) wrote:I saw the prototype for the new game both the clothing and the town I was lucky to be randomly chosen......The town was very nice a lake and a park and the stores were all in a row with the original music for each of our stores as you pass by them. There was the sound of birds chirping and you could hear the water in the pond.....It was a huge walk around area. It reminded me of MINI PLANET which failed very fast. I am sure you can google that game to see what it was like but I liked yoworld much better.

ImageImageImage
Remember you're somebody's reason to smile because you are a joke.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 18201
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby YOJCatYSTA (129129053) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Cereza (160279019) wrote:
YOJCatYSTA (129129053) wrote:Yay I'm so happy we're not changing our avatars :heart: :heart: :heart: Some folks think HTML5 is a downgrade from Unity but I think HTML5 is an upgrade from Flash :D I'm soooooo excited Yo will still be our beloved Yo after 11 fantastic years of playing everyday I can say I'm one of those ppl who hate major changes. Changing the map would be cool, doesn't bother me as long as my avatars, items or homes don't change. Thanks for the update & I look forward to the switch :bye:

Same here! :D

:love: BTW you look ADORABLE hun :heart: :heart: :heart:
Yoj Cat Ysta

YOJCatYSTA (129129053)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 145

Postby Nicoleta (131005307) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Thank you so much, finally, for good news!! :party:

I'm so happy YoWorld is surviving, and that avatars and items stay as they are! :heart:

Not sure if this has been answered or not, but I wonder if our decorations (rooms) will be transferred?
Nicoleta (131005307)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2708
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Ashen (127118376) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks much for the long awaited update!

Personally i was looking forward to a fresher looking Yo with better graphics and visuals. As an avid gamer i love most if not all types of graphics, but in order to keep this game interesting for new customers and players i would've thought the new updated Yo on Unity would have been a smashing hit.

However the notion that we probably get to keep all our items, YC and coins is a plus and i look forward to the day we're all converted properly!

:drink: :thumbsup: :drool:
Ashen (127118376)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 5420
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Same here! :D :heart:
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 85072
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:45 pm

OMG SHOES (2131112) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I do think BVG had a vision when they were developing the new game through the use of Unity. Without a vision, that playtesting would have never occured. A new environment and new avatars would have never been made available for users to test. Artistically, and aesthetically, they had a vision they wanted. Ultimately, they succumed to the long-time users of their platform.

I appreciate BVG's willingness to listen and negotiate with us, but I've been a tad disillusioned by the community's unwillingness to negotiate in return. Not bashing anybody, not speaking out against anybody's views here. But every idea BVG has had, has been majorly torn down or not given a chance.

Even if the avatars looked and funtioned a little different, even if the map and user interface looked different. BVG made it perfectly clear that their largest intent all along was a successful item transfer. And that they were going to make that dream occur, Unity or not.

By going back the HTML5 route, what have we really accomplished here? Just keeping the same graphics? Cause it seems that item transferring is not yet totally guaranteed, despite the fact that BVG seems confident enough they can pull it off. They're basically trying to transfer this game as is to HTML5. At least, that's what I've gathered from this announcement. With Unity, they were seemingly rebuilding the game from scratch. I would have preferred a new game from scratch, especially since the coding in this game is as ancient as it is. I would have loved new, simpler coding, and a more smoothly-running game. But that's just me.

I think that at the end of the day the biggest focal point of the community was a successful all-item transfer, which could have occured with either Unity or HTML5 (and still doesn't seem to be 100% guaranteed with either). We've gotten used to user interface updates in the past, map updates barely phased us, we could have gotten used to new avatars. So going from Unity to HTML5 was a waste of resources. Cause not only does BVG now have to contract an outside company to help them out with it, but HTML5, in general, is a downgrade from Unity.

Koats (185046372) wrote:Well It's disappointing news unity has been abandoned, I felt it would drag Yo into the future. I wish you every success :drink:

Very this.

I was lucky to be able to playtest, and I loved what I saw. As a player who's been here from the beginning, it made me excited for YoWorld's future, for the first time in years. I appreciate the update and BVG's efforts to transfer our items and money, just wish we as a community had been more willing to embrace change.

I did the play testing also, and I also was very excited about the changes coming our way, now it will just be the same ole stuff, and I also agree it was the older players with stuff that has gone through the artificially inflated prices that we see every day that will continue to rule, Don't get me wrong I own some of it, and I shake my head in wonder that my house robe from Modern Mystery gem event is now worth about 17m, and then there was that Big Pink Bow I sold for 30M, but it would have been worth it to let these items go, in order to see new players and new items, with better graphics, that Unity would have brought. If your worried about your rooms, you could have taken pics and redesigned them most likely they might have been better, unless you are my fav decorator Mary YED, who was looking forward to where redoing them would take her, and believe me none of you decorated like she decorates, if you don't believe me just search her name in the forum and look at her work.. :heart: :heart: So we at Yo have missed the opportunity to move into the 21st century, and shot ourselves in the foot. BVG did not let us down, we did :heartbroken:
Better to be infamous than not famous at all...Roger Stone d=h83636232

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 1789
Forum Title: YoFan

PreviousNext

Return to "How To" and General Game Play Questions