How To: POST PICTURES ON THE FORUMS

Players helping other players learn the ins and outs of YoWorld.

Re: How To: POST PICTURES ON THE FORUMS

Postby taylor (182960733) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 pm

taylor (182960733)
YoWorld Level: 191
YoWorld Start Date: May 20, 2012

Forum Posts: 8
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby King Pierre (186778189) » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 pm

King Pierre (186778189)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2016

Forum Posts: 1455
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby KaiaTWD (12860601) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:18 am

KaiaTWD (12860601)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 41
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby josie C (119990610) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:42 am

josie C (119990610)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 5

Postby uochan (110490806) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 pm

uochan (110490806)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 2

Postby Sofia (187559873) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Sofia (187559873)
YoWorld Level: 39
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2017

Forum Posts: 2

Postby taylor (187091440) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:29 pm

taylor (187091440)
YoWorld Level: 43
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 13, 2016

Forum Posts: 1

Postby Kristie (179724841) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:35 am

Kristie (179724841)
YoWorld Level: 231
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2011

Forum Posts: 6

Postby RayB (138845265) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Learning how to post images with imgur thanks for this thread to learn how Image

RayB (138845265)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 84

Postby Keegan (110913777) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi Jess I have a question, but i am not sure how to use forums? can i privately message you?
[url]Image[url]
Keegan (110913777)
YoWorld Level: 157
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 6

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:26 pm

keegan x (110913777) wrote:Hi Jess I have a question, but i am not sure how to use forums? can i privately message you?

Jess is usually off work on weekends. You can pm her here or you can send her a ticket using the HELP tab in your game (just put TO JESS) in the subject line.

Welcome to the forum! :bye:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17083
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Jo Jo (150826557) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Viking Jess wrote:Hey YoFans!

It's been awhile since we last posted about getting images on the Forums. We've got a super easy new way to get them here, so strap in for a fun new how-to!

Step 1: Download Outfit Image -or- Take and Save a Screenshot
Posting a picture of your avatar has never been easier than with the Download Outfit Image button! When dressing up, click the button under your avatar:

If your picture is of a room, take a screenshot! You can do this by pressing "Printscreen" or "PrtSc" on your keyboard, using the Snipping Tool (if you're using Windows 7 and up), or pressing Command+Shift+4 (if you're using a Mac).

Save the image to your computer. Make sure to remember where you put it!

Step 2: Upload to a Hosting Site
Now that your image is saved, it needs to get on the internet. Most of our Vikings use a site called imgur - you can use whichever hosting site you'd like, but for the sake of our instructions, we'll show you how to use this one :)

Click here to open imgur.

The middle of your screen should look like this:

Click the browse button. Find the image you saved earlier, and choose it to open. We're using a picture of Pablo the Power Pickle for this example!

Once the upload finishes, you should see a page that looks like this (but with your image):

Hover your mouse over your image and click the down arrow in the upper right corner. Choose "Get share links" and the following should pop up:

Find the BBCode (Forums) link, and click Copy.

Step 3: Post to the Forums

Come back to the Forums and simply paste what you just copied! It should look like this:

Code: Select all
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ckgzp0Z.png[/img]

Which turns into this once posted:

Step 4: You're done!
How easy was that? You can do this with any picture saved to your computer, OR imgur will let you paste any copied image straight into their uploader. Neat, huh?

Thanks for reading! Practice in the thread below, if you'd like - just remember to go back to the thread you want to post in too :heart:

Question; Once I copy the BBC forum code, where in the forum do I paste the link? Do I use the control panel, new messages. Once I learn how to paste a like into the forum then how do I view it? Sorry is you get this twice. thanks JoJo 150826557
Own the Day!

Jo Jo (150826557)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2010

Forum Posts: 28

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:

It's been awhile since we last posted about getting images on the Forums. We've got a super easy new way to get them here, so strap in for a fun new how-to!

Posting a picture of your avatar has never been easier than with the Download Outfit Image button! When dressing up, click the button under your avatar:

If your picture is of a room, take a screenshot! You can do this by pressing "Printscreen" or "PrtSc" on your keyboard, using the Snipping Tool (if you're using Windows 7 and up), or pressing Command+Shift+4 (if you're using a Mac).

Now that your image is saved, it needs to get on the internet. Most of our Vikings use a site called imgur - you can use whichever hosting site you'd like, but for the sake of our instructions, we'll show you how to use this one :)

Click the browse button. Find the image you saved earlier, and choose it to open. We're using a picture of Pablo the Power Pickle for this example!

Once the upload finishes, you should see a page that looks like this (but with your image):

Hover your mouse over your image and click the down arrow in the upper right corner. Choose "Get share links" and the following should pop up:

Come back to the Forums and simply paste what you just copied! It should look like this:

How easy was that? You can do this with any picture saved to your computer, OR imgur will let you paste any copied image straight into their uploader. Neat, huh?

Thanks for reading! Practice in the thread below, if you'd like - just remember to go back to the thread you want to post in too :heart:

Question; Once I copy the BBC forum code, where in the forum do I paste the link? Do I use the control panel, new messages. Once I learn how to paste a like into the forum then how do I view it? Sorry is you get this twice. thanks JoJo 150826557

you just post the link as is and then when you get out of edit you can view the picture. :)
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 7337
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Jo Jo (150826557) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:

you just post the link as is and then when you get out of edit you can view the picture. :)

Maybe my question wasn't clear, I know I post the link as is but where in the forum do I post it? do I use the control panel and edit signature or where specifically do I go in the forum to post and edit links?
Own the Day!

Jo Jo (150826557)

Postby Jo Jo (150826557) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:
Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:

If your picture is of a room, take a screenshot! You can do this by pressing "Printscreen" or "PrtSc" on your keyboard, using the Snipping Tool (if you're using Windows 7 and up), or pressing
Command+Shift+4 (if you're using a Mac).

Maybe my question wasn't clear, I know I post the link as is but where in the forum do I post it? do I use the control panel and edit signature or where specifically do I go in the forum to post and edit links?

Our do I paste the link right here?
Own the Day!

Jo Jo (150826557)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 pm

Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:
Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:
Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:

If your picture is of a room, take a screenshot! You can do this by pressing "Printscreen" or "PrtSc" on your keyboard, using the Snipping Tool (if you're using Windows 7 and up), or pressing

Our do I paste the link right here?

You post the link here in the text box.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 7337
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Jo Jo (150826557) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:
Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:
Jo Jo (150826557) wrote:

Thanks I think I figured it out... Hit the reply button next to the contest I want to enter.... :silly: :dizzy:
Last edited by Jo Jo (150826557) on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Own the Day!

Jo Jo (150826557)

Postby Layna (115480114) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:33 am

Layna (115480114)
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 24
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Geo (174091680) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:55 pm

I see that some people have posted animated pics of their rooms/avatars. How are we able to do that? I'd appreciate some help with this! Thank You!

In the meantime, just testing to see if I understood how to post a regular image....,

Geo (174091680)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 34

Postby bella (150472058) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:37 am

Omg ! Plz work ... plz plz testing
bella (150472058)
YoWorld Level: 217
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 21, 2010

Forum Posts: 7