Counterfeit Items??

Report bugs and gather information on known issues.

Counterfeit Items??

Postby Ashlyn (110955555) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm

Recently when I click to view a player's outfit to see what the name of an item is, I see that either their hair or another article of clothing, usually the female blonde medieval fantasy hair or blue/pink retros, show up as a counterfeit item. If it's counterfeit, shouldn't the vikings take it out of the game so that they don't get that expensive item, even if they can't trade it? Shouldn't they be unable to wear an item that they did not work to receive?
Ashlyn (110955555)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 940
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Counterfeit Items??

Postby Dylan YOF (123614747) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:34 am

These people got these items back when a hack was done when Zynga owned the game. Before you could see the name of the item in the trade. All you could see was the picture of the item. Therefore these people did pay a lot of coin for these items. It would be really unfair to remove these items now. I believe they are no longer tradable. Most of these items were made out of free gifts which i believe is why we no longer are allowed to trade free gifts. Im not expert anymore but thats what i got out of this problem back in the day.
Dylan YOF (123614747)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 488
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby SanChyie (128827139) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:32 am

Brooke xo (110955555) wrote:Recently when I click to view a player's outfit to see what the name of an item is, I see that either their hair or another article of clothing, usually the female blonde medieval fantasy hair or blue/pink retros, show up as a counterfeit item. If it's counterfeit, shouldn't the vikings take it out of the game so that they don't get that expensive item, even if they can't trade it? Shouldn't they be unable to wear an item that they did not work to receive?

...when BVG took over the game there was the discussion about what to do with all those hacked items...
...which been coded from hackers out of some of the older free gifts...
...at first...there was the idea to just delete them all...then it got decided from BVG to let those stay in game...
...but to make them untradeable and ungiftable...
...sadly this affected not only the faked items...it affected also all older free gifts...
...which are now a punishment for all loyal players who own those cos those also can't be gifted nor traded...

...when they introduced the ability to save outfits...those items got marked as *counterfeit*...

...*hugs & love*... :hug: :heart:
...life time is the most precious to share with someone... :heart:
...few mystic inspirations... :rose:
SanChyie (128827139)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 22148
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Brooke xo (110955555) wrote:Recently when I click to view a player's outfit to see what the name of an item is, I see that either their hair or another article of clothing, usually the female blonde medieval fantasy hair or blue/pink retros, show up as a counterfeit item. If it's counterfeit, shouldn't the vikings take it out of the game so that they don't get that expensive item, even if they can't trade it? Shouldn't they be unable to wear an item that they did not work to receive?

OH MY GOSH! i just thought of this. A friend gifted me hers when she left.
please will someone see if it is counterfit. I cant see myself. and take a picture of me and shot me Im good.
OH MY GOSH so worried now. :sad: :wailing:
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 9803
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Ashlyn (110955555) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:21 pm

ZipLocket (144540244) wrote:

please will someone see if it is counterfit. I cant see myself. and take a picture of me and shot me Im good.

try going to a random event or joining a buddy and asking them to view your outfit with it on and see if it says it is counterfeit or not
Ashlyn (110955555)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 940
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm

yes, i try that. thank you.
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 9803
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby SanChyie (128827139) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:25 am

ZipLocket (144540244) wrote:

...wear it...and click on your avatar...then click on *view outfit*...there you'll see if it is or not...

...life time is the most precious to share with someone... :heart:
...few mystic inspirations... :rose:
SanChyie (128827139)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 22148
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby RoZ Naelee (104734017) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:31 am

SanChyie (128827139) wrote:

...when BVG took over the game there was the discussion about what to do with all those hacked items...
...which been coded from hackers out of some of the older free gifts...
...at first...there was the idea to just delete them all...then it got decided from BVG to let those stay in game...
...but to make them untradeable and ungiftable...
...sadly this affected not only the faked items...it affected also all older free gifts...
...which are now a punishment for all loyal players who own those cos those also can't be gifted nor traded...

...when they introduced the ability to save outfits...those items got marked as *counterfeit*...

i totally agree but i still see people selling items from back then ??? like pop sneakers how???? how is it saying mine are counterfeit but theres aint ? and they can sell theres im still happy i get to wear mine though but i think if there was hacking going on on the free gifts then no one should be able to buy them anymore

seems a little unfair like SanChyie has stated

i have 5 pop sneakers 4 yoviile shirts and 5 zynga shirts 2 light destroyed skinnies and more but there all showing up as counterfeit

RoZ Naelee (104734017)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 46
Forum Title: YoNovice

Return to Bugs & Bug Reporting