Is anyone's ads icon not working or is it just me.

Report bugs and gather information on known issues.

Is anyone's ads icon not working or is it just me.

Postby YDZ Ruthie (1734383) » Sun May 30, 2021 3:09 am

It's been a few days and I still can't watch ads, hence can't collect coins. Its working for my friends but it's not working for me. I tried it on browsers, on the desktop app --same. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app --same.

I wish someone would actually take a look at it.
YDZ Ruthie (1734383)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: Is anyone's ads icon not working or is it just me.

Postby Erine Krin (156794491) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:29 pm

Same, i can't watch ads too. It's been 5 days already. I don't know how to fix it as well. :(
Erine Krin (156794491)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 15, 2010

Forum Posts: 2
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby ian (187732051) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm

same it's been a week, my ads not working :sad:
ian (187732051)
YoWorld Level: 24
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2019

Forum Posts: 1

Postby Trinity (119553558) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:34 am

Same here. Yesterday it was still working. Today I get the message that there are no ads to show.

Trinity (119553558)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 21

Postby Trinity (119553558) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:24 am

It's fixed for me now.

Trinity (119553558)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 21

Postby Mossy Mussy Tart (175213784) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:08 pm

It's not working for me, and hasn't been for the last 4 days. I get maybe one video that takes me to a blank page, and then nothing.

Mossy Mussy Tart (175213784)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 5

Postby Buttons (12680518) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:30 pm

Mine worked a few days ago, then Thursday it wouldn't work. It has been slow to watch ads so I have to slowly do the ads. Last night was bad but I got everything done. Today, it isn't working at all. I will keep trying. Yesterday, it would come on when I was visiting crew but it took forever -- so it's like it doesn't know how to pop up. I hope this explains what is going on, If it keeps doing this, I will send in a ticket. Also, it is the same ad over and over -- it seems to be stuck.
Buttons (12680518)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 177
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Wind Witch (130307786) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 am

For the past several days the ads have not been working forme either. The button stays "ghosted". Refreshing a ton of times gets it working again, but it is a hassle for sure. Sometimes it takes at least 6 or 7 times reloading. Not doing anything inbetween, doing someting inbetween, it makes no difference. And it seems like I need to reload more often as the days go by, on the first few days it was just 2 or times. :eh:

Edit: After countless refreshing, it is still not working today ... so I guess it is all gone for me now. :sad:

Wind Witch (130307786)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 100

Postby xGabbieex (157873191) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:53 am

It has not been working for me for almost a month! Sent in a ticket and a Viking said its supposed to depend on where you live. They did not say they would fix it or if they can really do anything about it
xGabbieex (157873191)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 26, 2010

Forum Posts: 213

Postby Wind Witch (130307786) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:13 am

xGabbieex (157873191) wrote:It has not been working for me for almost a month! Sent in a ticket and a Viking said its supposed to depend on where you live. They did not say they would fix it or if they can really do anything about it

Then there goes my theory that I came up with late last night ...
My theory was this: I got back ingame late last night. Decided to try it one last time to get the ads. And there they were! I could do a full round and all, so I thought that maybe it was on another timetable than the rest of the game? Like, YoWorld´s daily´s are reset every day at a fixed time, so maybe the ads are as well, but no longer in sync with the game?
But you have not had ads for almost a month now ... so there goes my theory.

Let´s figure this out then: I live in The Netherlands. If I get ads again late this evening, I will come back here and tell.
Also, since html5, I get ads that are more ... well ... Dutch based, so to speak. I still get a lot of USA ads as well (thank goodness, I realy dislike our own ads. So friggin´ dramatic and soap-y! :haha: ) but it is curious that I now, for the first time in all these years, get ads that are actually Dutch. :?:

Edit: So, it is hours later, and I logged in again to finish my cr and do some decorating. No ads, the button as ghosted. Then, after I finished decorating and wanted to move on to re-dressing my avatar ... the ad button was no longer ghosted!
So, my theory, at least for me, is starting to stand: the timetable of the ads might be different from the timetable of the game itself.
Doesn´t explain everything, and it is weird, and highly inconvenient, but something is happening nonetheless.

Wind Witch (130307786)

Postby Tanner1 (154312928) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:32 am

mine went dark after one of those search and explore ads.... that one has not worked for me for almost a year ONly on my desktop app. i click and a new tab opens in my chrome , and then i go back to yo where it says click here for next page and then.. no timer .. no nothing... nothing different on the new tabs ad, and i can wait for ever .. no matter.i will never get credit for it. I USED to be able to go from facebook home page to yo and be able to do that ad but can;t access yo that way to view the search and explore vid/ad.
i could not complete the ad of course and there was no way to report the ad, so i refreshed and the icon is dark. pfft
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/? ... =h15110164
Snowy Owl Hat XT/XM2017 Kiki kitty,NYC sectionals,magical things fairies, butterflies,TreeTrunkChairs EnchantedDiningRmChairs REindeer, Fairytale Cottages

Tanner1 (154312928)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2010

Forum Posts: 462
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby xGabbieex (157873191) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:02 am

Wind Witch (130307786) wrote:
xGabbieex (157873191) wrote:It has not been working for me for almost a month! Sent in a ticket and a Viking said its supposed to depend on where you live. They did not say they would fix it or if they can really do anything about it

My theory was this: I got back ingame late last night. Decided to try it one last time to get the ads. And there they were! I could do a full round and all, so I thought that maybe it was on another timetable than the rest of the game? Like, YoWorld´s daily´s are reset every day at a fixed time, so maybe the ads are as well, but no longer in sync with the game?

Let´s figure this out then: I live in The Netherlands. If I get ads again late this evening, I will come back here and tell.
Also, since html5, I get ads that are more ... well ... Dutch based, so to speak. I still get a lot of USA ads as well (thank goodness, I realy dislike our own ads. So friggin´ dramatic and soap-y! :haha: ) but it is curious that I now, for the first time in all these years, get ads that are actually Dutch. :?:

Edit: So, it is hours later, and I logged in again to finish my cr and do some decorating. No ads, the button as ghosted. Then, after I finished decorating and wanted to move on to re-dressing my avatar ... the ad button was no longer ghosted!
So, my theory, at least for me, is starting to stand: the timetable of the ads might be different from the timetable of the game itself.
Doesn´t explain everything, and it is weird, and highly inconvenient, but something is happening nonetheless.

So, I live somewhere where it is 6 hours ahead of your timezone. If I try to test your theory, it will be well on the early hours in the morning and I tend to sleep in or not log-in to yo atleast until noon :sad:
xGabbieex (157873191)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 26, 2010

Forum Posts: 213

Postby Wind Witch (130307786) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:50 pm

Tanner1 (154312928) wrote:mine went dark after one of those search and explore ads.... that one has not worked for me for almost a year ONly on my desktop app. i click and a new tab opens in my chrome , and then i go back to yo where it says click here for next page and then.. no timer .. no nothing... nothing different on the new tabs ad, and i can wait for ever .. no matter.i will never get credit for it. I USED to be able to go from facebook home page to yo and be able to do that ad but can;t access yo that way to view the search and explore vid/ad.
I could not complete the ad of course and there was no way to report the ad, so i refreshed and the icon is dark. pfft

I´ve read on the post about the ad´s in the html5 header that the desktop is the only way to get the ads anymore, the normal way, through fb, will not work anymore. Mine does not work there anymore either, so that might be it. What you discribe is exactly what I have as well on the fb link, but on the desktop app it is working for me now. :phew:

xGabbieex (157873191) wrote:
Wind Witch (130307786) wrote:

So, I live somewhere where it is 6 hours ahead of your timezone. If I try to test your theory, it will be well on the early hours in the morning and I tend to sleep in or not log-in to yo atleast until noon :sad:
But, would it not keep until later then? I have not tested this yet, off course, and I am playing it in hours before I go to bed as well, not a great timeslot for me either. I wonder if it won´t stay till the next morning if I don´t get to them. They should, since we always got 24 hours to do them, but if you don´t see them at all, still ... :?:

I had them again this evening, and at around the same time as yesterday: the button popped into color after I did all my messages and was doing my avatars clothes ... I am still rying to figure it all out.

Wind Witch (130307786)

Postby Wind Witch (130307786) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:17 am

My update: What I found so far:
* The time my ads start are not set/fixed: one day it starts at 7pm, the next day later, the day after that sooner.

* I experimented a little and decided to see what would happen with the remaining ads if I did not do all of them ... they dissapear! I came back the next day, and found them gone. So, they do not stay around for 24 hours!?

*I tried looking up the "rules"/FAQ of the ads and founnd this in the help center from YoWorld:
"Rewarded Video Ad FAQ
Feb 28, 2020•Knowledge
SummaryBriefly describe the article. The summary is used in search results to help users find relevant articles. You can improve the accuracy of search results by including phrases that your customers use to describe this issue or topic.
Body
YoWorld currently works with several ad networks to provide you with videos to watch, in exchange for free YoCoins.

We do not control which videos appear and when, however we have filters to prevent inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise questionable content from appearing. If you see something inappropriate, please send in a ticket to our Happiness Engineers.

If a video is not working correctly, please report it on the YoWorld Forums! A screenshot of the ad in question will help us determine how to resolve the issue for you.

FAQ:

Why don't my ads work?

Do you use a pop-up or ad blocker? Try turning it off! Adblock and other similar software can interfere with YoWorld's ability to play videos for you.

If a certain network doesn't have an ad available for you specifically, you may see an error stating there are no videos available. Please close the ad window and try again! If that doesn't work, keep reading for an explanation in the next answer..."

Mind you, this is from februari 28, 2020 ... and I am still seeiing both USA-ads as well as Dutch ads at this point. So they have changed a thing or 2, and therefore this message is not realy right anymore. At least to me.

Time to send in a ticket? :?:

I hope this helps anyone out a bit.

Edit 2 days later: Nope. all of a sudden no more ads for me after I wrote the last time.
And sending a ticket? I see no way of doing that about the ads, since they do have the text up for it on their help centre. If BVG can not help us with it, what use is a ticket then?
Years of no ads, then years of ads ... the last one being the golden years for sure! I am going to realy miss buying all the wonderfull stuff in AH ... and all the other things. Back to working jobs ... which don´t even give me a quarter of what is promissed sometimes. And will never be equal to the ads, even if I do ALL the jobs every day. :silly:

Wind Witch (130307786)

Postby Wind Witch (130307786) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 pm

My very last update about this ... It is a, forgive me, crapshoot on the ads. :drool:
Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don´t.
They pop up at any time of the day, not ever on the same hour. So at times I get it at 7pm, other times at 3pm, and so forth, and so on.
Refreshing does not help. Coming by at all hours of the day (mind you, I refuse to wake up for it :haha: ) does nothing either.
Cleaning cash, history, re-installing and all the other lovely workarounds do nothing either.

Stick a fork in me, I´m done. :silly: It is chaos out there. :dizzy: Good luck all! :star:

Wind Witch (130307786)

Return to Bugs & Bug Reporting