Security Issue

Report bugs and gather information on known issues.

Security Issue

Postby Carrie (103625493) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:53 am

I know this is a very serious thing to report, so i would not make a joke about it. I just encountered somebody in game who knew my coin count exactly, without me giving him any hints whatsoever about it. I have screencapped the convo. But just a suggestion for BVG, i don't think it's a good idea to have the gem event tasks {that you have to buddy with strangers to get the bonus points] where we're potentially buddying up with people who can do this (and change their name/morph their appearance) so we don't know who they are at any given moment.

In case it makes a difference, i'm getting in to Yoworld using the desktop app.

Carrie (103625493)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: May 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 396
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: Security Issue

Postby Carrie (103625493) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:05 am

Bumping this because this SHOULD be a big deal and at least get a reply! When BVG first bought the game, the first steps they took was to ensure there was security in the game. Now there is at least one guy who is going around yo with the ability to see coin counts (and after talking to somebody, i've found out he has alternate characters and can learn FB information too). He's not exactly hiding either--the other day he was bold enough to start an event asking BVG admins to come see him!

Carrie (103625493)

Postby Sharon (11135269) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:47 am

Maybe you could tell everyone his name..so we can watch for him?...In case he's on our buddy list we can remove him and block his nic...Stay safe..

Sharon (11135269)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 290

Postby Carrie (103625493) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:24 pm

I believe that's against the rules to do that on here, but i'll be happy to share it by pm if anybody wants to know. I took a picture of him holding the event, and screencaps of the convo where he tells me my coin count, so i believe that's enough proof, and yet the rules state that i can't help others on here stay safe from this guy. Kinda backwards if you ask me.

Carrie (103625493)

Postby Sharon (11135269) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 pm

I'll pm you...Maybe time they start to check and change some of the rules...just my thought :?:

Sharon (11135269)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 290

Postby Opposite Tables (108690404) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:42 pm

I've seen someone in a room while I was in "EDIT" mode.
I've also had things go missing including entire rooms all decorated!
Priscilla
Opposite Tables (108690404)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 389

Postby Carrie (103625493) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Those things are probably a glitch, like how sometimes i'd see someone naked in the factory--(and it wasn't Bob--we still have a safe, harrassment-free environment there :thumbsup: ). Lately i've seen people get thrown with a snowball and it makes the person getting hit temporarily nude too. How embarassing! :haha: But yeah, there will be stuff like that going on attributed to the time during (and maybe even after for awhile) the changeover process because of the ending of flash.
Make no mistake though, my experience with that dude in the coffee shop was no accident. I didn't have him on my buddy list, and to my knowledge i had never met him. I also don't make a habit of discussing how many coins i have, unless i'm talking privately to decorator friends of mine in our "homes". Before i showed up at the event, i'd just finished doing my coin run and factory visits, and ad watching, so my coin count had changed just moments before i met him. And he knew the amount right down to the last coin. THAT is why i feel like there's definitely a security issue and why i hope at the very least BVG will address it for the sake of our safety. Only this person (and any others that might do it too) and BVG know how how he's doing it and much information he knows, and i feel like they should at least be straight with us about that. When the game was first taken over, security was their first issue and they let us know what was going on, but over the years they've started to fall short on keeping us players "in the loop"... i'm not a fan of that. :(

Carrie (103625493)

Return to Bugs & Bug Reporting