[SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Report bugs and gather information on known issues.

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby R1L3Y (169375403) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 pm

I looove this one! :heart: :love:

Kio (185180932) wrote:A Cyberpunk theme
"Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a futuristic setting that tends to focus on a "combination of lowlife and high tech" featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown, or radical change in the social order." - wikipedia
Cyberpunk often centers on artificial intelligence, hackers, and megacorporations, and tend to be set in a near-future Earth. *Not to be confused with steampunk, biopunk, diesel-punk, etc.*

Setting:
Hair/Fashion:

R1L3Y (169375403)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 29, 2010

Forum Posts: 34
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Jennepha RNF (117910247) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:16 pm

THIS IS GREAT! I especially LOVE the girls hair! You did a great job! :star:

Leeum (130695460) wrote:Edinburgh - "Scottish Adventure"

Home(s) -
  • Royal Mile (stores) leading to Castle
  • Edinburgh Apartment -> Royal Mile -> Castle
  • Castle
  • Arthur's Seat

Clothing -
  • Tourist
  • Traditional Scottish
  • Modern Scottish
  • Hoodie (maybe free item?)

Hairs -
  • Calvin Harris inspired

Decor -
  • Castle Exterior/Interior
  • Apartment Interior
  • Store Interior / Exteriors
  • Few Royal Mile Tourtisty Pieces
  • Arthur Seat pieces
  • Tribute to Greyfrairs Bobby - Image

Actions -
  • Scottish Jig

We also can't forget...

Jennepha RNF (117910247)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Jennepha RNF (117910247) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:18 pm

I love this idea! The mountains in February! Really cool idea!
I can imagine how pretty that could be. Maybe even a resort or cabin too! Mixing the outside and inside are always my favorite themes!

Abee (108712228) wrote:How about a Mount Everest for a cold February month? While embracing the season of cold grey suck, it could be fun with snowy mountain scenery. Ice caverns. Cool climbing gear.
We could even break out of the traditional "homes" and have a series of rooms that show the climb up from basecamp to summit instead.

Jennepha RNF (117910247)

Postby Jennepha RNF (117910247) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:26 pm

WOW! While Aliens aren't my favorite theme I am really loving this mix with the 1950's!
You did an amazing job!

Kio (185180932) wrote:A 50's Sci Fi Suburbia Theme
1950's Suburbia with a Creature Feature twist. Tea cups, military tanks, & an all out retro war of the worlds. Not just aliens but any kind of 1950's "creature feature" byproduct juxtaposed with iconic & flashy 1950's setting.

Setting:
Fashion:

Jennepha RNF (117910247)

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 pm

R1L3Y (169375403) wrote:I looove this one! :heart: :love:

"Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a futuristic setting that tends to focus on a "combination of lowlife and high tech" featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown, or radical change in the social order." - wikipedia
Cyberpunk often centers on artificial intelligence, hackers, and megacorporations, and tend to be set in a near-future Earth. *Not to be confused with steampunk, biopunk, diesel-punk, etc.*

Setting:
Hair/Fashion:

TY! Nice look btw!

Jennepha RNF (117910247) wrote:WOW! While Aliens aren't my favorite theme I am really loving this mix with the 1950's!
You did an amazing job!

Kio (185180932) wrote:A 50's Sci Fi Suburbia Theme
1950's Suburbia with a Creature Feature twist. Tea cups, military tanks, & an all out retro war of the worlds. Not just aliens but any kind of 1950's "creature feature" byproduct juxtaposed with iconic & flashy 1950's setting.

Setting:
Fashion:

Thank you!
:)

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8757
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:02 am

Spring in Amsterdam

Tulips, Windmills, Clogs. Amsterdam is a nice mixture of old and new. I picture living in one of those houses overlooking the canal. Shopping, dining and fun. The clothing and hair are nice too, but for the guys, I really want some of those beards and an iPhone please.

:haha: :party:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 7870

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:07 am

What about a First Settlers theme (US) - think Plymouth Plantation

Properties -- Mayflower, Garden/Field, Cabin, Wetu

Furniture/Accessories -- Plymouth Rock, Baskets/Pots, Oxen, Basic furniture, skins, firepits

Clothing -- Traditional Wampanoag outfits, traditional pilgrim outfits

Hairs -- double braids, shaved head/single braid

Clothing -- Wampanoag skins/Pilgrim outifts

**Attached link for Plymouth Plantation showing traditional and accurate depictions**

https://www.plimoth.org/

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017

Forum Posts: 35

Postby Travis (184909073) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:06 pm

I just want a High fashion summer/fall theme! With lots of classy clothing, hairstyles, and a nice mix of facial items that include some nice contour, a fashionable looking mouth, a decent nose. Basically just a nice overall theme with lots to offer.

For homes? How about a brand new mansion with lots of rooms, or a brand new loft/penthouse with lots of rooms to work with.
as for furniture, how about a lot of modern decor with lots of options.

Hairs: New undercut hair, new swept back (male hairs)

Travis (184909073)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2013

Forum Posts: 64

Postby Travis (184909073) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Spring in Amsterdam

Tulips, Windmills, Clogs. Amsterdam is a nice mixture of old and new. I picture living in one of those houses overlooking the canal. Shopping, dining and fun. The clothing and hair are nice too, but for the guys, I really want some of those beards and an iPhone please.

:haha: :party:

This is literally perfect

Travis (184909073)

Postby Travis (184909073) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:40 pm

I would love to see a new "Street Style" Theme, here is all of the images that could be used for inspiration.
Clothing:

Hairstyles:

Home:

Travis (184909073)

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:53 pm

R1L3Y (169375403) wrote:I looove this one! :heart: :love:

Setting:
Hair/Fashion:

Greyfriars Bobby and Irn Bru. Geez - what more can I want...
:haha: ... well maybe a wee shortie and a buttery..
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 4967
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby 1AO ShaRcoaLeyes (7767969) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:41 pm

When are we going to have a filipino theme? Catering the culture of The Philippines.

Food
Beaches
Flag HH
National costumes
Banaue rice terraces
Mango and rice Farms
Native tribal costume
Masquerade fiesta
Graffitti/tattoos
Animals ( tarsier, carabao, eagle etc)
I think we’ve been supporting yoworld wway too long not to have our theme showcased.
Admin for PT Club Yoworld Pinoy Tambayan Follow my IG @sharcoaleyes "Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" [/b]
Link to my apt: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-7767969

1AO ShaRcoaLeyes (7767969)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 27

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:41 am

Can we maybe have the Hound of the Baskervilles as described in the book (As in a combination of both the image in chapter 2 and chapter 14. So "legend" and "reality" with phosphorous glowing flames!) for Halloween next year please?! Maybe as a yober and a pet and/or decoration? We don't have to have the story, that would be another Victorian setting. Just the Hound as a terrifying creature! I am posting links to a site that has the original canon pictures! (And all the stories too!)

https://ignisart.com/camdenhouse/canon/houn-02.htm THE CURSE OF THE BASKERVILLES

https://ignisart.com/camdenhouse/canon/houn-14.htm THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2296
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:52 am

I think i may have figured out why cyberpunk didn't do too well on this poll, in the voting it was described as having a brothel etc. In my pitch i never mentioned ANY of that. It was only implied by some of the "night life" google images i chose. Nowhere in my description did i specify in word, as i intentionally felt it would be up to the player to do cyberpunk how they please. I feel the term "brothel" in the voting may have turned some off & made the theme seem much more racy than it necessarily is, in pop culture. Hopefully bvg can word this theme better if it makes it in to a third round of voting another time. I would hate people to misunderstand the theme due to a few details. Ty again for these polls. I appreciate bvg's ambitious translation for adult content with the theme, but i only implied, there's more subtle ways & the cyberpunk theme is about more.

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8757

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:I think i may have figured out why cyberpunk didn't do too well on this poll, in the voting it was described as having a brothel etc. In my pitch i never mentioned ANY of that. It was only implied by some of the "night life" google images i chose. Nowhere in my description did i specify in word, as i intentionally felt it would be up to the player to do cyberpunk how they please. I feel the term "brothel" in the voting may have turned some off & made the theme seem much more racy than it necessarily is, in pop culture. Hopefully bvg can word this theme better if it makes it in to a third round of voting another time. I would hate people to misunderstand the theme due to a few details. Ty again for these polls. I appreciate bvg's ambitious translation for adult content with the theme, but i only implied, there's more subtle ways & the cyberpunk theme is about more.

Interesting analysis. While those types of venues do oftentimes tend to be a staple of Cyberpunk, I don't see why it would be used in the voting description for it. It's not like they're such a staple enough to receive that kind of mention. I can see why that may have led to a few voters not voting for it though.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6412
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Previous

Return to Bugs & Bug Reporting