[INFO] Adobe Flash & Desktop Apps Pilot

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[INFO] Adobe Flash & Desktop Apps Pilot

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Hey everyone!

As you may know, many popular browsers have announced plans to end Flash support in 2020. This process will be happening in stages, and the first part is scheduled for July 2018. This will involve having to click a button to enable Flash Player each and every time you play YoWorld.

As we transition away from Flash, Big Viking Games is committed to keeping your YoWorld experience as seamless and frustration free as possible. We are exploring a number of different options to make this first change easier for you - so beginning today, a very small number of players selected at random will begin to receive pop-ups advertising ways to play YoWorld outside of a regular web browser.

If you see one of these advertisements, please check it out! The programs are completely safe alternatives to traditional browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. They are free, still offer the security and convenience of being tied to your Facebook account, and will not require any extra steps before you play. (Note: you may have to allow the download through your browser, and/or click 'More info' and then 'Run anyway' through Windows Defender to install the App.)

If you don't see a pop-up, don't worry! You will still be able to access YoWorld through Facebook on your browser for the indefinite future. We are collecting usage data to help determine the solution that works best for YoWorld, and an invitation to all players will be offered shortly.

If you have questions about Flash or this newest initiative, please ask in this thread!

You can also find a handy F.A.Q. page by clicking here, or keep reading below :)

1. What is Adobe Flash and why do I need it?
Adobe Flash is a multimedia software platform used to produce animations, rich Internet applications, desktop applications, mobile applications, mobile games, and embedded web browser video players - including YoWorld. Flash Player is freeware for using content created on the Adobe Flash platform. Web users must download and install Flash Player to view and interact with SWF content.

2. What does the future look like for Flash?
Whenever you use the Internet, your browser uses small applications called plug-ins to display certain types of content. For example, the Adobe Flash Player plug-in is often used to play videos, games, and other interactive content. While Flash Player was one of the most commonly used plug-ins, it will no longer be supported by major web browser programs by the end of 2020.

In July 2018, browsers will start to require authorization for each Flash session. Big Viking Games has created the YoWorld Desktop App to keep your experience as friction-free as possible, and access is also available on Facebook Gameroom.

3. Should I stop using Flash?
You don't need to completely stop using Flash Player until it is officially deprecated in 2020. To avoid having to manually enable Flash every time you load YoWorld in the meantime, we suggest using our new Desktop App or Facebook Gameroom.

4. What is the YoWorld Desktop App? How do I continue to enjoy YoWorld by this method? What does this mean for YoWorld?
Big Viking Games is working hard to ensure a seamless transition away from Flash for YoWorld in both the short term and long term. In the short term, we are developing a downloadable desktop client for you to continue to play with ease. You can also utilize the Facebook Gameroom app (PC only). In the long term, we are working on migrating the game from Flash to HTML5 so it can continue on the web.

5. What is Gameroom? How do I download Gameroom on my PC?
Facebook Gameroom for PC gaming is a Windows-native client developed and maintained by Facebook (not BVG). It is available as a free download for players worldwide. Within Facebook Gameroom, players can experience both web games and also native games built exclusively for the platform. You can download Gameroom on your PC here.

6. How do I enable Flash?
To enable Flash on :
    Chrome, please follow the steps laid out here
    Safari, please follow the steps laid out here
    Opera, please follow the steps laid out here
    Internet Explorer, please follow the steps laid out here
    Firefox, please follow the steps laid out here
If you need to download or update Flash, please see the Adobe Flash Player download page here.

7. Should I be worried about my privacy?
No! This is simply a new way to play the same great YoWorld. Rest assured that your data is protected in exactly the same way whether you access YoWorld through these new suggested programs or through Facebook in a web browser.

8. Will I lose progress on my account?
No. Your YoWorld account is tied to your Facebook account, which you will continue to use to login through these new programs. Your account will remain the same across the BVG Browser, Gameroom, and through Facebook in a browser.

9. Can I still login through Facebook?
You will be required to login through Facebook following downloading of the BVG browser or Facebook Gameroom. You will also be able to continue using Facebook's payment method as previously experienced.

10. Will the app be available on mobile?
At this time, we do not have a mobile version of the YoWorld Desktop App.

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9865
Forum Title: Official Insta: @yoworldcommunity

Re: [INFO] Adobe Flash & Desktop Apps Pilot

Postby Sputnik (187030201) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:21 pm

This will be universal? As in available for the selected players regardless of their OS?

And it's exciting to see you guys active in this department. Good luck making the transition as seamless as possible.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Sputnik (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 6565
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:22 pm

so quesiton, i used chrome. should i play that if 2020? or gameroom?

AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 2357
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:This will be universal? As in available for the selected players regardless of their OS?

It isn't quite 'regardless of their OS' - but yes, we have considered options for a variety of operating systems!

Viking Jess

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Thank you for letting us know! :)
❥Somer ❥mauiencar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 20349
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:26 pm

AAFx JRcoke2HotxYDC (167109704) wrote:so quesiton, i used chrome. should i play that if 2020? or gameroom?

You don't need to change anything about the way you play Yo right now. This is very much only a test :)

Viking Jess

Postby AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:27 pm

this one fine?

Postby Sputnik (187030201) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:This will be universal? As in available for the selected players regardless of their OS?

It isn't quite 'regardless of their OS' - but yes, we have considered options for a variety of operating systems!

So Mac is supported during the beta stage?
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Sputnik (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 6565
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:

So Mac is supported during the beta stage?

We will have options for Mac users during the pilot!

Viking Jess

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:28 pm

“Exclusive items and Free YoCash” for using Facebook Gameroom?

What about Mac users who can’t use gameroom? Or those who simply can’t use it?
❥Somer ❥mauiencar

Leeum (130695460)

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Liam (130695460) wrote:“Exclusive items and Free YoCash” for using Facebook Gameroom?

Being considered! The exclusive offers will be for using one of the alternative platforms, not just Gameroom - and they won't be a thing until after our pilot stage, at least :)

Viking Jess

Postby AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 pm

you the best jess <3

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Liam (130695460) wrote:“Exclusive items and Free YoCash” for using Facebook Gameroom?

Being considered! The exclusive offers will be for using one of the alternative platforms, not just Gameroom - and they won't be a thing until after our pilot stage, at least :)

Thanks for clarifying! I honestly think the only/main benefit of this should be that it makes your YoWorld experience easier. That should make people download.
❥Somer ❥mauiencar

Leeum (130695460)

Postby Katia (138555099) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:48 pm

I have a rather old Mac and a very old PC, I tried to download Facebook Gameroom but I couldn't because my computer version isn't supported... Does it mean that I won't be able to play Yoworld anymore??? Will I lose my Yoworld account??? I am very worried, please help me!!! Ty!!! :sad:

Katia (138555099)
YoWorld Level: 240
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Katia (138555099) wrote:I have a rather old Mac and a very old PC, I tried to download Facebook Gameroom but I couldn't because my computer version isn't supported... Does it mean that I won't be able to play Yoworld anymore??? Will I lose my Yoworld account??? I am very worried, please help me!!! Ty!!! :sad:

You wont be loosing your account :)

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 14997
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Katia (138555099) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:58 pm

TY, I really hope so!!! But I won't be able to playYoworld anymore if I don't have the possibility to download Facebook Gameroom... :(

Katia (138555099)
YoWorld Level: 240
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Postby KatieMerrick (114556523) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:44 pm

How are we suppose to collect hot dogs as we log in to Facebook Gameroom? Or is BVG going to do away with collecting hot dogs in the factory? I don't see the need to collect hot dogs if we can't collect them as we do now when we log into YoWorld via Facebook versus Facebook Gameroom. You should change the way we work in the factory if we can't collect hot dogs. :eh:

KatieMerrick (114556523)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 76
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Lili (187261862) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:45 pm

yeah, no can do. I've loaded gameroom before and it completely screwed my computer up and was just as slow and unusable. I will never load that crap again.
Lili (187261862)
YoWorld Level: 78
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 31, 2016

Postby Mike (121565032) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:55 pm

will it look the same from the Gameroom and will there be problems with servers and getting the server snake etc.??

Mike (121565032)
YoWorld Level: 194
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 13, 2009

Forum Posts: 166
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Mike (121565032) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Lili (187261862) wrote:yeah, no can do. I've loaded gameroom before and it completely screwed my computer up and was just as slow and unusable. I will never load that crap again.

this doesn't fill me with confidence reading Lili's comment! :sad:

Mike (121565032)
YoWorld Level: 194
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 13, 2009

Forum Posts: 166
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions