Hugs for the Holidays. Posting contest ends 12/13

Looking for exciting offers or to run a contest for fellow YoFans? Come here.

Re: Hugs for the Holidays. Posting contest ends 12/13

Postby Lucy (123232925) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 pm

supergurl YTF (186449882) wrote:i am going to be alone on the holidays because i live to far from family . they all are 1000 miles from me. but owl sweetheart i dontknow if her and my ex husband will be coming over or not . yes owl sweetheart is my real cousin and she is with my ex husband .. i know it hard belive me i have to deal with it everyday. but keep me in prayers i will beokay. i live alone. i could never had kids . so yes a very hard year for me

I live alone and never see anyone over xmas too, it gets easier every year trust me, I've done it the last 5 years now. :)
Lucy (123232925)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 4072
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby LiL MaMa (149099631) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:59 pm

Bonk (181182516) wrote:Angelic Rose, thank you YET AGAIN for another amazing contest. Your last was so pleasant and got to meet so many wonderful Yo's - and I expect nothing less will come of this one, but this time with holiday cheer!!! Super stoked for the holidays this year - I feel we need the holiday cheer now more than ever! Though, for those who don't know, I'm a dancer at Disney World and have been furloughed since March, causing me to come home to be with my family in NY. I have been enjoying my time here and was super eager to return to Orlando, but anticipated at this point returning after the holidays. I was called last week stating I'll be starting back up two days after Thanksgiving, and as happy as I am to return, I was so ready to spend the holidays with my family. Bittersweet for sure, but nonetheless we can't let anything ruin this special season for us, however you chose / are having to celebrate it. Looking forward to being on Yo this Christmas as I've taken a few year hiatus, and it's my fav season on this game, and happy to have this thread to spread some positivity and cheer as well!

HUGS to all!!! :hug:

Gives a whole new meaning to a Chip and Dale dancer :devil: sorry couldn't resist :hug:
LiL MaMa (149099631)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 09, 2010

Forum Posts: 4581

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:04 pm

And I"m back :)

I LOVE LOVE traditions and we have some here -- I had a ginormous Christmas Village (I;ll post pics when it's set up this year) and I will start setting it up Thanksgiving night. It takes a few days but well worth it and it's usually done on hubs birthday (Nov 30). Than on baby gurl's birthday on December 3rd, we decorate the tree together and take our time. Each ornament has a story and it can take hours as we relive memories from the past. My birthday later in December is usually a gift wrapping night - we wrap everything we have bought so far and see where we stand and who needs attention. This is also the night we mail our Christmas cards. Wow, I guess all our traditions are centered around our birthdays!!

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017

Forum Posts: 727
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Bonk (181182516) wrote:Angelic Rose, thank you YET AGAIN for another amazing contest. Your last was so pleasant and got to meet so many wonderful Yo's - and I expect nothing less will come of this one, but this time with holiday cheer!!! Super stoked for the holidays this year - I feel we need the holiday cheer now more than ever! Though, for those who don't know, I'm a dancer at Disney World and have been furloughed since March, causing me to come home to be with my family in NY. I have been enjoying my time here and was super eager to return to Orlando, but anticipated at this point returning after the holidays. I was called last week stating I'll be starting back up two days after Thanksgiving, and as happy as I am to return, I was so ready to spend the holidays with my family. Bittersweet for sure, but nonetheless we can't let anything ruin this special season for us, however you chose / are having to celebrate it. Looking forward to being on Yo this Christmas as I've taken a few year hiatus, and it's my fav season on this game, and happy to have this thread to spread some positivity and cheer as well!

HUGS to all!!! :hug:

Hmm Baby Gurl will be there for her birthday this year :?: :?: I guess we'll be decorating the tree early and I'll make her take pics of ALL the dancers hee hee :haha: :haha:

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017

Forum Posts: 727

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:14 pm

【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 85139
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Jewelzz77 (133517584) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:30 pm

I'm feeling downright gregarious tonight! Normally I'm pretty quiet here on the site, but every post I've read tonight has just touched my heart.
Jim and I have made the decision to celebrate alone this year. COVID 19 is at Epidemic levels in our state and especially in the county where where we live. His dad is 93, soon to be 94, and he's very with it and still loving life. We'd like to keep him that way. :) My dad is going to be 91 the same month (Feb) and he is healthy as a horse! My mom is not doing so well. She's in 5th stage renal failure but the tough ole gal is hanging on and hasn't had to go on Dialysis yet. But I won't see them, either. Nor my daughter and grandkids and the same for him. BUT! I love Christmas, and having been so sick for so many of them, I am doing a whole lot better and if anything, by golly my house will be spotless!
I'm sorry to hear of those who will be alone and/or are downhearted this year. Prayers will be going out and loving thoughts, too. I pray, in my own way, that our world can turn around and be the lovely place it normally is for most of us. I pray that our country can heal, and that COVID becomes a far distant memory. That is my wishlist for always. Big hugs to each of you wonderful people and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jewelzz77 (133517584)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 1611
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Sealine (105788113) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Sending sandy snowman hugs to all of you, especially those who will be celebrating alone this year :hug:

We are at least a little lucky that the pandemic is happening in the digital age. I often think how much more difficult this would be without the online connection. Sure we would call family/friends on the phone back in the day, but now we have so much more.

Sealine (105788113)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3822
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:32 pm

I always gotta get in and stuff the turkeys butt! :D I'm good at it as my sister won't even touch the burd! funny those little things become traditions

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 77198

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:47 am

It was pleasant to read everyone's replies and sad at the same time. But, be of courage, because even when the shadows are dark, there is a light shining upon us at the end.

A month ago, I was sitting in my home, crying my heart out, literally because I didn't know if I'd have a job again.

I had lost my job due to a mistake on my behalf but one that could of been dealt with better than it went down, but none the less, a blessing in disguise.

That little upset led me to where I am now. I am at a daycare where it's name is literally Happy Children's. The boss, my coworkers, everyone is kind; well except my twos and threes because well, they're two and threes and little volcanoes, but overall, I am happy. I get up excited to start my day and next week marks a month I been with them!

As for Christmas, it's bittersweet every year as I lost my dad on 12/13/99 but this year I will be celebrating life. My mom's battle with Breast Cancer woke me up. And made me appreciate my parents more. All of them.

Being adopted I have merged some of the many traditions of my past, my husband's culture, my own love of Christmas, etc.

But, Christmas and the holidays in general, to me, it isn't all about the gifts, the trees, the glitter.

It's to me about giving back, to give to others.

Pre-covid, my Husband and my family would of participated in several charity events with the 501st. We would of just wrapped up the Boo at The Zoo, and would be getting ready for The CHOA Christmas Parade.

Even though, we were unable to be with our beloved charities this year, we still managed to give back to people.

I think that's what 2020 has been to me...giving back even more. Appreciating the ones I love, being grateful and humbled, because you can lose it all in an instant.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734103050459324/ Come check out my Design group.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 13491
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Sandra RLFYOC (185846977) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:13 am

MontymPAW (10242987) wrote:Nice contest, Thank you.
I'm not decorating or putting a tree up this year, I just don't feel like going through the trouble and I won't have anybody here this year, I always spend Chrsitmas at my parents house anyway. So, I decided to put up a Festivus Pole instead, it will make me just as happy as christmas decorations as Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows and always makes me laugh, I have good memories attached to the show as well.

LOL

Festivus for the Rest of Us!! We love Seinfeld at our house!

Sandra RLFYOC (185846977)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 4215

Postby xXMissMonroeXx (136970433) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:57 am

I will be home alone for this Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks to the ongoing pandemic. Wishing each of you joy, peace, safety. Please don't take a minute for granted. Tell your family and loved ones how much they mean to you. I took so much for granted.

xXMissMonroeXx (136970433)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 4095

Postby owl sweetheart (103898820) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:05 pm

i thank ful for my cusion being around me for the holidays the rest of my family live in Tennessee and Texas and i live in pensavanya so supergurl and i will be around eachother
owl sweetheart (103898820)
YoWorld Level: 133
YoWorld Start Date: May 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 88
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Bonk (181182516) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:15 pm

To those dealing with spending the holidays alone / a little lonelier this year - keep in mind this is temporary, and it does not mean we can't celebrate and still enjoy the season!!!!! Take the time to appreciate the little things, watch some extra holiday movies, brainstorm some new year resolutions, focus on things you are grateful for and have a big cuppa hot chocolate and dance around the house to holiday music!!! and remember, we have each other here always!

Sending so much love to EVERYONE, near and far! :hug:
Bonk (181182516)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 23, 2011

Forum Posts: 2143
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Jennifer (187255645) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:44 pm

I love watching Christmas movies.

Jennifer (187255645)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2016

Forum Posts: 235
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:54 pm

Christmas is so special-I do a walk each evening and so many more decorations go up-it makes my heart flutter -I'm still like a child when it comes to seeing these. I also love music and family is and always will be my #1. I walk with my daughter and we talk the whole time we walk which has given us some mother daughter time. We notice each evening how something different has been put up-we have had mild breaking temp records reaching as high as 70F and here in my city we are almost always sub zero by now..so it's been beautiful.

I remember my dad use to gather the family into the station wagon ( yep we had one of those lol) and we would go around the city looking at all the decorations-thanks Dad for this tradition and memory of you! :heart: )

My sister passed and she loved the lights too-she had a fav song that had so much meaning to it-maybe nobody ever heard of it but it's called "One little Christmas Tree" by Stevie Wonder-and she would sing it and ya know what..that one tree makes the difference..I post this picture to show you just how..it's only one decoration but it does something! thanks for letting me share!!

*The song lyrics are here-sorry for long post
One little Christmas tree was standing alone
Waiting for someone to come by
One little Christmas tree that never had grown
Cried as he looked up to the sky

Oh please, Mr. Father Tree, the tallest of all
I'm so afraid and so alone
Could one little Christmas tree so tiny and small
Light up someone's home, 'cause

One little Christmas tree can light up a home
So one little child can find a toy
One little Christmas tree can light up a home
So one little heart can find some joy

One little angel who was riding a star
Cried as she looked down at the tree
Oh please, Mr. Father Tree, wherever you are
May I give him the star you gave to me

Then in the heavens came a voice from afar
A voice that was heard throughout the world
Go down little angel girl, and give him your star
Tonight he'll light the world, 'cause

One little Christmas tree can light up the world
So those who are lost may find their way
So all men may see you on Christmas Day

So those who are lost may find their way
So all men may see you on Christmas Day

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 77198

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 pm

One of my beautiful trees I did in the past.

Image -Maninblack back in the day when he was a little man.

Image-Little man decorating one of my "famous" trees.

Image-Maninblack and I. (Yes this is really what I look like and what he looks like).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734103050459324/ Come check out my Design group.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Postby ParisssYTFxNF2G (108849776) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:49 pm

Happy holidays everyone!!! :heart: :hug: :cold: <- that emoji is me the past few weeks... so much snow, but I'm glad I don't have to go into the office anymore and face blizzards in December weather :D
For Christmas, our family never goes the traditional route of decorating the tree, or even having a tree, really. The only time I remember having a tree was when I was 7? or very young and I haven't seen that tree since :sad: But we have our own little traditions we do that we never miss out on - hanging out as a family with warm hotpot for lunch, and roasting turkey for dinner that always takes longer than expected to cook :haha: It's a good time for conversations, bonding, and appreciation for what we have. This year, covid has definitely taken a toll on us, but we will still try to make the most out of it and enjoy and treasure what we have :heart:
ParisssYTFxNF2G (108849776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 806

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:52 pm

:balloon:
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:08 pm

Sorry haven't been on much. My RA had been flaring all week.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Previous

Return to Wishlists, Giveaways, and YoFan Events & Contests