Hugs for the Holidays. Posting contest ends 12/13

Looking for exciting offers or to run a contest for fellow YoFans? Come here.

Hugs for the Holidays. Posting contest ends 12/13

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:48 am

The holidays can be stressful for folks and well, that's a huge understatement for this entire year. With the holidays upon us and unfortunately,COVID 19 as well, many of us are unable to do the things that we loved to do at this time of year. So in the spirit of the holidays and one of love and compassion, I thought long and hard over a fun contest to boost moral. Because Lord knows, we all could use a little.

The general idea is to post anything holiday related. Food pics, family pics (not real ones but family related), traditions, your tree, your home, your decor, whatever floats your boat. There will be no bashing of others, no bashing of religions or beliefs, no bashing of opinions. We all are entitled free speech and our right to say what we want within reason and with conscience and empathy.

My main rule: Be kind to one another as he first loved you.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734103050459324/ Come check out my Design group.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 13490
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: Hugs for the Holidays. Posting contest ends 12/13

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:03 am

This is so sweet of you :hug: :hug:

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017

Forum Posts: 727
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby TBYCELINE DIONyoC (187659143) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

all ideas i want to do this year
this is how im doing to make my tree this year idea Image
decorations i want to do this year for front yard idea Image
back yard idea Image
xmas food idea Image
every year me n my family go to the parade on xmas this was last year Image
and what my family like to do together every year on xmas is crafts heres some ideas Image
thank-you dia for this contest this was lotz of fun
TBYCELINE DIONyoC (187659143)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2018

Forum Posts: 1108
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: HOW CAN U FEEL SO EMPTY AND HEART BRAKE NOTHING BUT SADNESS WEN U LOSE UR PET BESTFRIEND

Postby supergurl YTF (186449882) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:20 am

i am going to be alone on the holidays because i live to far from family . they all are 1000 miles from me. but owl sweetheart i dontknow if her and my ex husband will be coming over or not . yes owl sweetheart is my real cousin and she is with my ex husband .. i know it hard belive me i have to deal with it everyday. but keep me in prayers i will beokay. i live alone. i could never had kids . so yes a very hard year for me

supergurl YTF (186449882)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2015

Forum Posts: 894

Postby BEANS (110735736) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am

supergurl YTF (186449882) wrote:i am going to be alone on the holidays because i live to far from family . they all are 1000 miles from me. but owl sweetheart i dontknow if her and my ex husband will be coming over or not . yes owl sweetheart is my real cousin and she is with my ex husband .. i know it hard belive me i have to deal with it everyday. but keep me in prayers i will beokay. i live alone. i could never had kids . so yes a very hard year for me

hugs & prayers for u dear forum/yofriend :hug:
Trying to stay in sane in the world of insane

BEANS (110735736)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 2226
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Sealine (105788113) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:55 am

Lovely idea Angelic Rose :heart: Thank you for hosting!

supergurl YTF (186449882) wrote:i am going to be alone on the holidays because i live to far from family . they all are 1000 miles from me. but owl sweetheart i dontknow if her and my ex husband will be coming over or not . yes owl sweetheart is my real cousin and she is with my ex husband .. i know it hard belive me i have to deal with it everyday. but keep me in prayers i will beokay. i live alone. i could never had kids . so yes a very hard year for me

Ugh! So sorry you are so far from your family. Especially tough this time of year. Sending warm, comforting thoughts your way :hug:

We are currently debating skipping Thanksgiving dinner due to covid. If we go, it would be 10 of us total. Luckily, even if we stay home, I have my husband and two boys. I'm not sure when I'm going to decorate for Christmas. Probably the first weekend in December. I requested it off because my son is have his wisdom teeth removed.

In the meantime, one of my decorations from last year (pinecone decorated by one of my children in preschool) . . .

Sealine (105788113)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3807
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Sandra RLFYOC (185846977) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:32 am

We normally have family gatherings for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year will be different due to our states mandates which limits things. So my husband got a ham (not a turkey) and we will enjoy each other's company and be thankful for all our many blessings. We do not know yet what we will be doing for Christmas but I have already started shopping. I love to be prepared, I normally start shopping a few months before Christmas. I know that a lot of people are having a hard time with life and I try to stay positive. We all need love, support and encouragement to make it through these difficult times. Hoping that the new year will be a good one! :angel:

“May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.” — Mary Anne Radmacher

Sandra RLFYOC (185846977)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 4202
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Crystal (123232925) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:17 pm

What a beautiful idea, I have had the worst year of my life, living alone in isolation, I spend every xmas alone, having cancer and been a key worker around the death everyday, is not the one! So tysm for your event, despite it all I still love xmas and I still love gifting others. :D :gift:

EDIT - ALL I NEED FOR XMAS IS MY DOG. :heart:
Last edited by Crystal (123232925) on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crystal (123232925)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 3928

Postby snowy (112519203) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:29 pm

TBYCELINE DIONyoC (187659143) wrote:all ideas i want to do this year
this is how im doing to make my tree this year idea Image
decorations i want to do this year for front yard idea Image
back yard idea Image
xmas food idea Image
every year me n my family go to the parade on xmas this was last year Image
and what my family like to do together every year on xmas is crafts heres some ideas Image
thank-you dia for this contest this was lotz of fun

All those minions!!!! I love them
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h90893156

snowy (112519203)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 980

Postby snowy (112519203) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:41 pm

It has been such a hard, stressful year for so many and there are so many that cannot be around friends and family.
We are lucky that we live in a small area with not much of the covid--but daily our numbers are getting higher and people getting sicker.
My wish is for everyone to remain safe and healthy and to remember that we all have issues and we should ALL be nicer to each other.

I breed English bulldogs and the one thing I do each year is a 25 Days Of Christmas with my bulldogs. It makes me happy to see the joy the photos bring to people.
This is my little man Apollo--we call him Lo for short--well, because his is short--just like me :D :D

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h90893156

snowy (112519203)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 980

Postby LEAH (11726481) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Lovely idea! Christmas and all things festive always seem to cheer me up and put me in a good mood.

LEAH (11726481)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 7683
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby LEAH (11726481) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Sorry to hear this! Hope you'll be okay.

LEAH (11726481)
YoWorld Level: 260

Forum Posts: 7683

Postby MontymPAW (10242987) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Nice contest, Thank you.
I'm not decorating or putting a tree up this year, I just don't feel like going through the trouble and I won't have anybody here this year, I always spend Chrsitmas at my parents house anyway. So, I decided to put up a Festivus Pole instead, it will make me just as happy as christmas decorations as Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows and always makes me laugh, I have good memories attached to the show as well.

MontymPAW (10242987)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 535

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:28 pm

:D Hi sweet Angelic Rose! Welcome back! I’ve missed you! You looking gorgeous! :drool:
Tysm for this great idea! 2020 has certainly been a challenging year for all of us! I’m SO ready to say bye to this year pretty soon!
I hope you & everyone else here have a fantastic holiday!!! :hug: :heart:

【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 84995
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Awww! Keeping you in my prayers! We are here for you supergurl! :hug: :'( :heart:
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 84995

Postby Bonk (181182516) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Angelic Rose, thank you YET AGAIN for another amazing contest. Your last was so pleasant and got to meet so many wonderful Yo's - and I expect nothing less will come of this one, but this time with holiday cheer!!! Super stoked for the holidays this year - I feel we need the holiday cheer now more than ever! Though, for those who don't know, I'm a dancer at Disney World and have been furloughed since March, causing me to come home to be with my family in NY. I have been enjoying my time here and was super eager to return to Orlando, but anticipated at this point returning after the holidays. I was called last week stating I'll be starting back up two days after Thanksgiving, and as happy as I am to return, I was so ready to spend the holidays with my family. Bittersweet for sure, but nonetheless we can't let anything ruin this special season for us, however you chose / are having to celebrate it. Looking forward to being on Yo this Christmas as I've taken a few year hiatus, and it's my fav season on this game, and happy to have this thread to spread some positivity and cheer as well!

HUGS to all!!! :hug:
Bonk (181182516)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 23, 2011

Forum Posts: 2138

Postby Bonk (181182516) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:40 pm

snowy (112519203) wrote:It has been such a hard, stressful year for so many and there are so many that cannot be around friends and family.
We are lucky that we live in a small area with not much of the covid--but daily our numbers are getting higher and people getting sicker.
My wish is for everyone to remain safe and healthy and to remember that we all have issues and we should ALL be nicer to each other.

I breed English bulldogs and the one thing I do each year is a 25 Days Of Christmas with my bulldogs. It makes me happy to see the joy the photos bring to people.
This is my little man Apollo--we call him Lo for short--well, because his is short--just like me :D :D

LO is SO adorable!!!! Give him a big squeeze for me!!!
Bonk (181182516)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 23, 2011

Forum Posts: 2138

Postby CynnaGirlPawLatorio (11683468) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Happy Holidays Everyone,
And I agree this is the time of year for kindness and love.
And this year. I have my mom and dad and one of my sisters coming for Thanks Giving.
Then Christmas. We will go to my moms.
But for us. It is not going to be the usual Christmas.
Hubby is on disability and I am a stay at home mom. We are not gonna have a lot for Christmas this year. But we will have a roof over our heads and clothes on our back and we will have each other. That is what matters. That is the Magic of Christmas. Just remembering what you do have in life and Family and Loved ones.
Just remember be kind to others because you really do not know what they are going through in life.

Much Love and Happy Holidays
CynnaGirlPawLatorio

Cancer Free 13 Years

CynnaGirlPawLatorio (11683468)
YoWorld Level: 298

Forum Posts: 8263

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Hugs to all...this christmas all I want is to be home and for my families health to be ok
I began decorations and got a lot done-tonight we will put up the tree and finish decorating as I can do this now. but yeah I so love Christmas it has always been big with family,that is what matters most to me. I can get on to post a bit more but will be limited after monday with surgery coming up so imma ask anyways no matter what religion you have/ belong to/ worship-please keep me and hubby in your prayers..and my Mom,she carries the world on her shoulders and I know how much love she has that she is also scared about all this hospital stuff so Jo's Mom could use them prayers too ..thank you so much!!!

I know babybird has a new baby girl and thought this craft is so darn cute...I think it would be good for any age child. a keepsake as well...easy enough to do...........

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 77180

Postby Sealine (105788113) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:50 pm

snowy - Apollo is adorable! Love the photo you shared and what a wonderful idea to do 25 days of photos!

Bonk - I am so glad you are going to be getting back to work at Disney! It is such a magical time there (well isn't it always :haha: )! I know you miss getting to celebrate with family though.

Jo - I'm not really the praying type, but I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts during this time. Wishing the best for you all :hug:

Sealine (105788113)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3807

Next

Return to Wishlists, Giveaways, and YoFan Events & Contests