The legend of Lucy contest. ENDED.

Looking for exciting offers or to run a contest for fellow YoFans? Come here.

The legend of Lucy contest. ENDED.

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:28 pm

Lucy grew up in a small village outside of London.
One day she received an invitation to come and visit some distant relatives in Romania. Lucy gladly accepted as she had never seen the Balkan mountains or rugged countryside of Romania.
Upon arriving at the train station, Lucy noticed the air felt colder and well, odd, but she shrugged it off to being tired.
Then Lucy arrived at her relatives home.
As she settled in with her relatives and ate, they told her never to go up into the deep dark woods on the mountain.
Lucy began to ask why but her Romanian great grandmother shushed her in a language she didn't understand.
When asked to translate, her cousin just said "It's not done!" angrily and stormed off. Lucy not quite understanding why, dared not question any more.

That night. Lucy heard howls of wolves and as she fell into a fitful slumber, she felt as if someone, no, make that something was watching her...

Alright folks here's what you got to do...Continue the story from where I left it. You must be creative and for inspiration...you may visit my home to visit LUCY.

Winner will be based on theme, content, and originality.
Last edited by Angelic Rose (107404295) on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734103050459324/ Come check out my Design group.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 13479
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: The legend of Lucy contest. (Posting Contest)

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:34 pm

With tremdling hands she slid the curtain to one side and looked out-her eyes were the size of meatballs,she was terrified and didn't like the feeling that something lurked outside her home and was indeed watching her.
She ran to her bedroom door,looked around in the hall .

It was all still and quiet perhaps too quiet for her... she closed and locked her door,rubbing her arms up and down she was cold on this heated night. There was no rain,no wind no rustling of leaves moving so she threw the thought of those things out of her mind. It still bothered her,she had goosebumps and was frightened.

She could hear her own breathing growing faster due to her fear,she had to rub at the window as her breathing steamed it up. Whatever it was she was sure it wasn't welcomed. She sat on her bed then remembered how it felt like someone is under the bed so she pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around them,rocking back and forth trying to be very quiet. She still had that feeling,she didn't know how long she had sat this way but was beginning to ache,so she layed herself down grabbing the pillow and hugging it like it would comfort her in some way.

Little did she know....

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 77180
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Sandra RLFYOC (185846977) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:46 pm

That about a half a mile from the house there was a fog rolling in from the nearby bay. The wind was starting to pick up and there was an eerie feeling in the air. An ancient secret was about to make it'self known in the village. Every ten years it was the same. Suspicion, loss and grief would soon take it's place among the residence.

Meanwhile, Lucy slept a sound sleep and awoke feeling refreshed. She climbed down the staircase to the huge dining room and sat where the maid bid her "Sit child". Soon her Uncle and Aunt joined her and her three cousins took their places round the old, oak table.

Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Sandra RLFYOC (185846977)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 4191
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Amazing stories ladies :)
I wish I was as good. :(
    【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 84796

Postby TBYCELINE DIONyoC (187659143) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:42 am

the aunt and uncle told lucy and cousins at the table that halloween is near and when they go trick or treating they have to be home at 10 at night as if they dont something bad n eerie will happen as the supper was over the cousin laughed at the aunt and uncle after they left the table about what they have said and didnt take the scare to heart as lucy told them it can be real and true they told lucy to be quiet so lucy said next morning she is going to the libary to look up the bad eerie tale about the town and what happened so next morning came lucy told her auntie im going to the libary ill be home at 5 her auntie said sure hun when lucy got to the libary and found this big old black book with dust on it and started to read it her gut turned and she felt sick n scared what she was about to read will creep u out.........
TBYCELINE DIONyoC (187659143)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2018

Forum Posts: 1094
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: HOW CAN U FEEL SO EMPTY AND HEART BRAKE NOTHING BUT SADNESS WEN U LOSE UR PET BESTFRIEND

Postby LifeIsBeautiful (182242340) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:26 am

The library seemed spectacularly quiet as Lucy slowly turned the pages, the rustling of pages reverberating through the tiny black walls, glued with old, untouched books. Lucy's mouth twisted in a sort of disturbing pain as she mouthed the words written on the half torn pages of paper. The book which contained a lot of tales about the supernatural activities in Romania suddenly had a chapter about the woods that housed her Aunt's home.

The chapter read "The Continued Crime Of Lady Abigail "

As Lucy ran her fingers through the words, her every inch quivered.
"Lady Abigail was the posh wife of Sir Gullivere who was known to own the largest share of estates in Northern Romania. A man of unique tastes, he owned the most exquisite collection of horses and drank the finest champagne. His marriage to Lady Abigail was a secret affair as no one in the village had an idea about who the woman was. She was rumored to be the prettiest maid in the estate of Sir Gullivere and had worked her way into the man's heart in a very short span of time.

Mysteriously, however, within a year of the marriage, Sir Gullivere had started to fall ill. The doctors couldnt find any solution to his deteriorating health. Lady Abigail told everyone, that since her husband couldn't have children of his own, he would like to be surrounded by children to make him feel better and hence, would offer rewards to parents who would lend their children to play around him, while he rested.

The poor villagers were overjoyed. Sir Gullivere is said to have a beautiful room with toys flowing, and the kids had a great great time. The parents were happy because they were getting a lot of things together - their children's happiness and their pockets full. Everything went on merrily until one by one the children started disappearing. Each of them had left the Gullivere mansion towards their homes, but they never reached. After 14 children had gone missing, the county police decided to investigate. The Gullivere mansion was however squeaky clean. The police however were not allowed to enter a room, where Lady Abigail's ill mother was stationed. They were just allowed a glance at a very old woman, her legs in chains attached to the bed, the nails on her foot rugged, long and dirty. Lady Abigail said her mother was mentally unstable and hence had to be tied up.

A few days later, a smart detective was crossing the mansion when he noticed a trail of blood alongside the walls. He gathered his team and asked for the house to be re-visited, but Lady Abigail convinced them that Sir Gullivere wasn't there and they come back later.

The atmosphere started growing fishy at the time, so they broke in and tried the search. They found rotting bodies of 14 children dumped along the walls of mansion and the body of a middle aged man, possibly Sir Gullivere.

The police immediately arrested Lady Abigail and she was found guilty and was charged to be hanged in the woods. However her mother was nowhere to be found and whenever she was asked of her, she would just give an evil laugh. The police found eyes of the children in bottles stored in the old lady's room.

Finally the day of hanging arrived. They had chosen a strong birch tree and all the villagers had arrived, to watch the hanging. As she was asked her last wish, she laughed and said " It's not done yet!" They hung her and she never struggled.

In 3 days, they found that her grave was broken and it was empty.....

Visit Me : https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=APLiving-182242340
AnnThinksTGIF, Loie, DianaBanana, IWuzADorkyNoobsta, BadMoon
LifeIsBeautiful (182242340)
YoWorld Level: 113
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 07, 2012

Forum Posts: 7913
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:47 pm

About this same time, or shortly thereafter, a woman of beauty equalled to that of the late Lady Abigail appeared in the village. Despite the apparent squalor of this maiden, her beauty was at once apparent. She beguiled the men who fought each other to please her and soon after her arrival, was found to be garbed in the finest they could offer and put up in the empty mansion of Sir Guillivere. The woman told any who asked that her name was Claudia and she came from a place far away and had been cast out unfairly by an evil lord. Eventually, the women of the village quelled their jealousy as Claudia was a sweet maiden and was often found playing with the remaining children of the village.

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017

Forum Posts: 727
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Sandra RLFYOC (185846977) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:10 pm

One day when Lucy was out playing in the woods by a stream out of the trees came a beautiful woman she had heard about, but not met yet. They approached each other with mutual curiosity. "Good day! I am Lucy." To which the Lady replied "So pleased to finally meet you child. I am Claudia. I knew your mother. We played as children together in these same woods."

They walked and talked for many hours and learned each other's history. They became great friends and confidants. One day Claudia seemed very low in mood. "Is something wrong?' Lucy asked. "It is a hard day today. You see 10 years ago on this day, my family sent me to live with a very evil man, the one I ran away from just before arriving in this village."

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:54 pm

Lucy pondered all this, but was also skeptical. In knowing what was in the archives, she wondered if the woman in the woods was to be trusted, what if she wasn't Claudia but was Abigail pretending to be Claudia?

Lucy was just about to stammer an apology about having to leave when her cousin came running up to her in the woods.
"Lucy! What in Heaven's name are you doing here? Grand Mama has been asking where you been."
"Also didn't we tell you not to go into the woods all by yourself?"

Lucy stammered to her cousin, "But, but, but...." When she was able to get the words out she told her cousin, "But I am not alone!" She protested as she pointed towards the woman. "Don't you see the woman standing over there?"
"What woman?" her cousin asked in bewilderment as she thought that Lucy has lost her marbles.
"That one! Over there!" again Lucy pointed at the woman.
"Lucy! I don't know what kind of things people do in Devonshire! But indeed as I tell you before God and everyone else, there's not a soul there but you and I!"
Last edited by Angelic Rose (107404295) on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/734103050459324/ Come check out my Design group.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:04 pm

As Lucy came back to the village and Grand Mama's home, she was scolded for playing in the woods all by herself.
Her cousin had told her aunt and uncle about Lucy claiming that there was a Lady in the woods.
Her aunt approached her and said "tell me child, did this lady tell you her name?"
"Yes, she said she was Claudia and that she knew you."
Her aunt's face went ashen. "It, it, it cannot be. You see child, Claudia died 10 years ago. Sadly she was a victim of a violent and cruel fate.
Lucy, thought about this, but argued with her aunt. "No, it cannot be. She said she had just escaped an evil man."
"Yes dear, 10 years ago, she did escape from an evil man, but sadly she couldn't escape from him later. As the moon became full, the man came after her and chased her down. She ran for her life, but sadly....her aunt's eyes teared up and she couldn't continue.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 pm

Lucy pondered what her Aunt had said all through dinner. How could her dear friend Claudia be the same woman? Could she have had a child? Yes, certainly that must be the answer, her Aunt must be mistaken about this as Claudia was well and truly alive. She couldn't explain why her cousin did not see her friend, but knew - or thought she knew - in her heart that her friend was good and kind.

Lucy lay in bed with this thought in her mind and was anxious to explain it all to Claudia in the morning. She was almost asleep when that feeling of being watch returned. She hadn't felt it since her first night there and had almost forgotten her fear, but she was instantly awake and alert. She slipped out of bed and went to her window and looked out, not knowing what to expect. As she peered through her curtains, she saw her friend Claudia at the edge of the property. She instantly brightened up and ignored the fear inside her as she turned from the window and slipped on her shoes and robe.

Lucy quietly crept through the old house, making her way to the library where she let herself out to the terrace beyond. Searching the still night, she found Claudia again standing at the edge of the property and even though something inside her said to stop and go back to the safety of her room, she stepped off the terrace in the direction of Claudia.

As Lucy quietly crossed the lawn, a curtain in the house behind her opened and a pair of eyes peered out watching her slender figure make its way across the lawn in the direction of the woods. Lucy did not notice this silen observer as she made her way to her friend who was standing still in the moonlight.

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 am

Lucy followed Claudia entered the woods but felt suddenly and strangely...tired.
When she awoke she was in a mansion surrounded by a roaring fire in the fireplace. Where was this place and how did she get here?
"Ah, I see you're awake" Claudia said as she sat on the edge of the bed. "I take it you slept well?"
Lucy replied " I think so, How long was I asleep?"
" Only a couple of hours."
"If you don't mind my asking, where are we?"
"Why, it is my home, or rather the home of my childhood. " "My mother left me this home when she...."
"When she died?" Lucy gently inquired.
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Re: The legend of Lucy contest. (Posting Contest) Ends 10/18

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:45 pm

:balloon:
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:41 pm

Lucy began to really shiver and so many thoughts ran circles in her head. She felt light headed but tried her best to keep calm,thinking of those words "It is not done",did she mean it "really isn't finished" and there was more to happen??

So many questions without real answers ,nothing made sense,even tho Lucy was told she has slept a couple of hours,she felt very exhausted and thought this may be why things are happenning,too tired to rationalize things,curious yet oh so tired. She lay her head back down on the pillow staring at the ceiling. None of this made any sense to her,perhaps this is all a dream and when awake it vanishes but it is not over or done,

Lucy thought maybe,if I just go back to sleep I can continue the dream to see how this all finally does finish,so she closed her eyes yet again -she was asleep in no time at all...

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 77180

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Lucy awoke to the light streaming in the dirty windows. Her instincts were to immediately get up and rush home but there were a few issues with that instinct. First off, Lucy couldn't move and secondly, she had no idea where she was. She bit back the fear that welled up upon the realization that she was immobilized - well, everything but her neck and head. She slowed her breathing using techniques she had learned in her travels than took time to look around her. What she had thought was a beautiful estate in the darkness of night turned out to be dirty and worn, ripped and tattered curtains and cushions. Of her friend there was no sign, but above the cold and crumbling fireplace was a worn painting of a woman and a girl. The woman looked like Claudia and there was something strange about the girl. Lucy mulled this over a bit but couldn't place the strangeness so she continued to look around her. She quickly determined there was nothing else of interest in the room and wanted to explore the rooms on the other side of the doors that she could see.

No sooner did this thought cross her mind than Lucy found she could move slowly and carefully. That is just what she did, she slowly raised herself to a sitting position and focused on the door to the right of the fireplace. She carefully rose to her feet and gingerly took a step forward. Putting the curiousity of her new found mobility to the back of her mind, Lucy made her way to the door and without a backward glance, stepped through it ....

Postby Sandra RLFYOC (185846977) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Lucy stepped into a hallway that was just as dirty and tattered as the room she had woken up in. She looks left, then right and saw a staircase that decended downward. She climbed down the stairs and found her way into a large room with lots of books, cobwebs and a big desk with a large oak chair. She sat down and started to look through the scattered papers. She came upon a Will and read through it. Her friend had told the truth, she was left the house by her mother.

She got up and found the kitchen. She was surprised to find an older woman there making breakfast. "Be seated in the dining room Miss. I will be out to serve you shortly". Lucy went into the next room and found that of all the rooms she had seen so far, this one seemed to most looked after. The table was set with some beautiful china with a family crest on it. She pondered what it could mean. It had a sheild, a lion and a bird. She was interupted by the cook who brought out a nourishing breakfast. She asked about Claudia and was told she had gone into town on business and would return after sunset.

Postby Fallyn Eley (187823653) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:59 pm

"Excuse me ma'am, but may I ask why I was brought here?" Lucy asked with a rather timid, small voice. In all honesty, Lucy has always thought of herself as a person who could control the situations she would be forced to encounter, but this was out of her comfort range.

But she never did get the reply she desired as it was never actually addressed by the older woman. "You should eat up before the food gets cold!"

This was the first time that Lucy looked down and actually realized what she was being served, it was a rather mundane breakfast consisting of an omelet with bacon and onions (Lucy had quickly realized that omelets were a rather essential part of Romanian cuisine), and a side of sausage. Despite being initially cautious of the food she was offered, she couldn't contain the hunger that had began to wrack her body only a few hours before and quickly began eating the food.

"Wow this is delicious!" Lucy muttered enjoyably.

"I'm glad you think so! Now, if you would excuse me, I should attend to the dishes." The older lady replied with a smile before abruptly leaving Lucy with the food, and making her way towards the sink.
Fallyn Eley (187823653)
YoWorld Level: 52
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 01, 2020

Forum Posts: 24
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:36 pm

Lucy devoured the entire dish before her, once again pushing thoughts of unease to the back of her mind. There was a sweet woman in the kitchen and her friend would be back soon to explain everything. That paralysis earlier must have been her imagination and of course the estate was in disrepair if only the 2 women were here to look after it. Content to have quelled all her doubts with logic, Lucy picked up her empty plate and brought it to the kitchen. The older woman was at the sink and turned wiht a startled look as Lucy walked in. She quickly dried her hands and blocked the sink from Lucy's view and reached for the dishes. "You didn't need to bring this to me," she said kindly, "it's my job to look after the women of this estate." Lucy started to reply but the cook quickly ushered her back toward the dining room and quickly shut the kitchen door behind her.

How odd, Lucy thought and than once again pushed the thought away as she prepared to explore more of the estate. She made her way back to the library and from there out to a terrace overlooking a beautiful garden, or a garden that would have been beautiful if properly cared for. In it's current state it was filled with dead plants and overgrown paths with broken stones and moss covered benches. Lucy made her way out to the garden and carefully followed one of the pathways, winding her way through thorny bushes and weeds until she came to what must have once been a beautiful gazebo. Today it was as run down as the rest of the garden and overlooked a dingy pond from which a wretched smell wafted. Pushing back another feeling of unease, Lucy went to the gazebo and sat on the cracked bench.

This is where Claudia found her hours later when she returned at dusk. She quickly urged Lucy to return inside with her and Lucy obliged. Claudia ushered Lucy in front of her and this way Lucy missed the furtive glances Claudia made to the gazebo and pond behind them. Just as they entered the library, something ominous broke the surface of the pond.....

Postby Angelic Rose (107404295) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 am

In the shadow of the mist and fog, that seemingly only settled over the mansion, for Lucy could see behind her, clear moonlight and stars; but within the confines of the Mansion, an odd mist and fog settled, there was something emerging from the pond.
Claudia beckoned Lucy to hurry as much as possible.
"Hurry, child, hurry!"
Lucy wondered why Claudia was in such a hurry to get inside and why earlier the cook had called her the mistress of the house.
However, some of the pieces would come together once inside, or rather some would not make an ounce of sense to Lucy.
For once inside, again, she was in the bedroom from the night before. The room richly decorated. Dolls had been placed on the floor and a fire roared in the fireplace.
And, it was then that Lucy got a better view of the picture.
Lucy gasped!
For in the picture stood Claudia and a little girl.
A little girl who looked like....
NO! It couldn't be....
But yet, there it was....
LUCY was looking at a picture of herself!
ImageImage

Angelic Rose (107404295)

Postby Sandra RLFYOC (185846977) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:59 am

And then she realized why she had come to this strange place. She belonged to this place just as much as Claudia did. She wondered too about something that Claudia had said earlier about how her mother and her had played together as children. Who was Claudia?

After taking a nap, she woke up and saw the old kitchen lady standing at the foot of the bed with a tray of food. "Eat this before you come downstairs." She was instructed. She saw a bowl of fruit, some bread and cheese and a nice cup of milk. She hurried to consume it before freshening up and climbing downstairs. When she got to the bottom of the stairs there was Claudia and a man she had never met before.

Next

Return to Wishlists, Giveaways, and YoFan Events & Contests