[SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Looking for exciting offers or to run a contest for fellow YoFans? Come here.

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Melanthe (102524983) wrote:
Tara Lee (126161291) wrote:A shabby chic theme that actually consist of buying quality items from the store as opposed to dumping a ton of money into mystery chest that give you useless items!

I agree with Shabby Chic theme :bye:


I am holding out for this-in the meantime, I made my PI house, a shabby chic fixer upper home...
User avatar

CorynlovesYo (128085339)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 407
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 am

I would LOVE to see a golf course theme! Complete with a small club (perhaps a 19th Hole and banquet room). Apart from the clubhouse, you would include landscaping for the course - water traps, sand traps, trees, and the green - perhaps interactive holes? flags and "golf holes", Tees, golf carts (interactive?) -- so much to work with to build our own golf courses!

Clothing is simple -- slacks and polos, short sport skirts for the ladies - hats, caps, visors - hand held golf bags and golf clubs. You could go with basic (think the Masters) or out of this world (think Caddyshack and Rodney Dangerfield) Hairs could be short high ponytails for the ladies and short cut looks for the guys.

There are so many options with this theme and it's ORIGINAL.

Some images for inspiration:

HTTPS://www.golf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/wynn.jpg
https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/5851d103c917b0bc2d32d6c5/master/w_780,c_limit/2017-35-Southern-Hills-CC-hole-13.jpg
http://imavex.vo.llnwd.net/o18/clients/griffingategolfclub/images/Page_Images/Screen_Shot_2017-07-16_at_7.50.46_PM.png
User avatar

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017
 
Forum Posts: 78
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 am

I wanted to post these separately

Another theme I haven't seen done is an outdoor "fun zone" with things like miniature golf, bumper boats, gocarts, batting cages, rock climbing, outdoor food venue - casual clothes, fun interactives and another original that I haven't seen in game -
User avatar

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 13, 2017
 
Forum Posts: 78
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Robotic Wasteland - Theme Suggested by Rodd
Society has been wiped out by robotic uprising, and eventually, that too couldn't handle the planet, nor itself. The atmosphere for this theme would be grimy, with lots of urban debris.
Image
Image

Sky tile ideas for this theme.
Image
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7158
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Primordia fits in with this! https://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/Primordia/

Life has ceased. Man is but a myth. And now, even the machines have begun to fail. Lead Horatio Nullbuilt and his sarcastic sidekick Crispin on a journey through the crumbling world of Primordia, facing malfunctioning robots, ancient secrets, and an implacable, power-hungry foe.


What Happened to the Humans?

Set in a post-apocalyptic world strewn with cast-off machines, Primordia tells the story of Horatio Nullbuilt, a stoic robot who values his solitude and independence. Horatio spends his days studying the Book of Man, sparring with his droid companion Crispin, and tinkering with the airship they call home — a peaceful existence that becomes threatened when a rogue robot steals the energy source that the pair needs to survive.


When Horatio and Crispin’s search for energy brings them to the dazzling city of Metropol, the simple quest to recover their stolen power core leads to unexpected discoveries about Horatio’s origins and a new understanding of the legendary humans who walked the earth before him.


https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/2028165/movie480.webm?t=1447357116

https://youtu.be/J_3FDhAqZgU

Image

Image

Image


Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Robotic Wasteland - Theme Suggested by Rodd
Society has been wiped out by robotic uprising, and eventually, that too couldn't handle the planet, nor itself. The atmosphere for this theme would be grimy, with lots of urban debris.
Image
Image

Sky tile ideas for this theme.
Image
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3105
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:55 am

Katherine (121079165) wrote:Primordia fits in with this! https://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/Primordia/

Life has ceased. Man is but a myth. And now, even the machines have begun to fail. Lead Horatio Nullbuilt and his sarcastic sidekick Crispin on a journey through the crumbling world of Primordia, facing malfunctioning robots, ancient secrets, and an implacable, power-hungry foe.


What Happened to the Humans?

Set in a post-apocalyptic world strewn with cast-off machines, Primordia tells the story of Horatio Nullbuilt, a stoic robot who values his solitude and independence. Horatio spends his days studying the Book of Man, sparring with his droid companion Crispin, and tinkering with the airship they call home — a peaceful existence that becomes threatened when a rogue robot steals the energy source that the pair needs to survive.


When Horatio and Crispin’s search for energy brings them to the dazzling city of Metropol, the simple quest to recover their stolen power core leads to unexpected discoveries about Horatio’s origins and a new understanding of the legendary humans who walked the earth before him.


https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/2028165/movie480.webm?t=1447357116

https://youtu.be/J_3FDhAqZgU

Image

Image

Image


Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Robotic Wasteland - Theme Suggested by Rodd
Society has been wiped out by robotic uprising, and eventually, that too couldn't handle the planet, nor itself. The atmosphere for this theme would be grimy, with lots of urban debris.
Image
Image

Sky tile ideas for this theme.
Image


Excellent idea!
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7158
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 pm

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:I wanted to post these separately

Another theme I haven't seen done is an outdoor "fun zone" with things like miniature golf, bumper boats, gocarts, batting cages, rock climbing, outdoor food venue - casual clothes, fun interactives and another original that I haven't seen in game -


YES PLEASE! Sign me up for this one! I love it. Like Scandia Fun Center here in CA. I love this idea. yay! lots of video games, skeeball, air hockey tables, etc.
Would love to see teenagers, parents with kids, couples on a date there as npc's...
User avatar

CorynlovesYo (128085339)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 407
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby GoonieGirl (187533408) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm

love this idea a friend of mine is streaming this on twitch.
Katherine (121079165) wrote:Primordia fits in with this! https://store.steampowered.com/app/227000/Primordia/

Life has ceased. Man is but a myth. And now, even the machines have begun to fail. Lead Horatio Nullbuilt and his sarcastic sidekick Crispin on a journey through the crumbling world of Primordia, facing malfunctioning robots, ancient secrets, and an implacable, power-hungry foe.


What Happened to the Humans?

Set in a post-apocalyptic world strewn with cast-off machines, Primordia tells the story of Horatio Nullbuilt, a stoic robot who values his solitude and independence. Horatio spends his days studying the Book of Man, sparring with his droid companion Crispin, and tinkering with the airship they call home — a peaceful existence that becomes threatened when a rogue robot steals the energy source that the pair needs to survive.


When Horatio and Crispin’s search for energy brings them to the dazzling city of Metropol, the simple quest to recover their stolen power core leads to unexpected discoveries about Horatio’s origins and a new understanding of the legendary humans who walked the earth before him.


https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/2028165/movie480.webm?t=1447357116

https://youtu.be/J_3FDhAqZgU

Image

Image

Image


Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Robotic Wasteland - Theme Suggested by Rodd
Society has been wiped out by robotic uprising, and eventually, that too couldn't handle the planet, nor itself. The atmosphere for this theme would be grimy, with lots of urban debris.
Image
Image

Sky tile ideas for this theme.
Image
User avatar
GoonieGirl (187533408)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 25, 2017
 
Forum Posts: 201
Forum Title: YoApprentice
Location: Kentucky,USA

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Kio (185180932) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:34 am

Image
Still hoping we get a CyberPunk theme. :drool:
Image
User avatar

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 9748
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Kio (185180932) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:36 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Robotic Wasteland - Theme Suggested by Rodd
Society has been wiped out by robotic uprising, and eventually, that too couldn't handle the planet, nor itself. The atmosphere for this theme would be grimy, with lots of urban debris.
Image
Image

Sky tile ideas for this theme.
Image

Heck yeah
Image
User avatar

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 9748
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:28 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:Image
Still hoping we get a CyberPunk theme. :drool:


Why, what a wonderful idea! ;)
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7158
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:46 pm

DonnaSue Latorio (187546514) wrote:I would LOVE to see a golf course theme! Complete with a small club (perhaps a 19th Hole and banquet room). Apart from the clubhouse, you would include landscaping for the course - water traps, sand traps, trees, and the green - perhaps interactive holes? flags and "golf holes", Tees, golf carts (interactive?) -- so much to work with to build our own golf courses!

Clothing is simple -- slacks and polos, short sport skirts for the ladies - hats, caps, visors - hand held golf bags and golf clubs. You could go with basic (think the Masters) or out of this world (think Caddyshack and Rodney Dangerfield) Hairs could be short high ponytails for the ladies and short cut looks for the guys.

There are so many options with this theme and it's ORIGINAL.

Some images for inspiration:

HTTPS://www.golf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/wynn.jpg
https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/5851d103c917b0bc2d32d6c5/master/w_780,c_limit/2017-35-Southern-Hills-CC-hole-13.jpg
http://imavex.vo.llnwd.net/o18/clients/griffingategolfclub/images/Page_Images/Screen_Shot_2017-07-16_at_7.50.46_PM.png


Yes, I love that idea. I made my own with the YE coin house set combined with a trailer home to make a country club using a teleport arrow. It has a golf course, a pool and a hot tub, and tennis court. I had to make a lot of it with white boards so it would be great to actually have the items! :D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
User avatar

CorynlovesYo (128085339)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 407
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Yuri (120671304) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:49 pm

Much too late for this year, but perhaps a mini theme (even to one-three days) for Passover? At the very least, a free item like a matzoh (or half--affikomen) or a seder plate. Nothing too huge, but a small mention.
User avatar
Yuri (120671304)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby BrandonPLUSH (3852887) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Can we please get some more home basic items. Modern where possible. These small little items can really bring a room together. not a theme but if you can squeeze them into upcoming themes that'd be great!

Radiators
Outlets
thermostats
Grass tiles that blend well together
Boiler cupboards
Gas bottles (for bbqs)
burger alarms (exterior sound box and interior keypad item)
Guttering and plastic water pipes for exterior
Water tap for home exterior
Pressure washer
Laundry airers (clothes horse)
Internet routers
dimmer light switches
smoke alarms
fireplace screens/guards
exterior water and gas tanks (the big ones)
Join PLUSH Trade Center on Facebook here!
Image
Check out my space station! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11234815
Click here to see all recent Viking posts!
User avatar
BrandonPLUSH (3852887)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 20, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1466
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: United Kingdom

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Pamela VIP (111775183) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 pm

help??? How do i claim a rating reward for 1 desgin challenge? Thanks anyone.
User avatar
Pamela VIP (111775183)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 56
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Pamela VIP (111775183) wrote:help??? How do i claim a rating reward for 1 desgin challenge? Thanks anyone.


Tomorrow at 3 PM CST is when the voting results for the latest gem event challenge will be released. :rose: Today is voting, yesterday was entering.
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3105
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby poetbjc64 (10747823) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:04 pm

not sure where to ask this.
but what is the design challenge and how do I enter it on the game. for the point steps in the corner for the contest?
User avatar
poetbjc64 (10747823)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:26 pm

poetbjc64 (10747823) wrote:not sure where to ask this.
but what is the design challenge and how do I enter it on the game. for the point steps in the corner for the contest?

The gem event challenges are design challenges. Enter on day 1 of each challenge, vote on day 2, reveal your rating and claim your reward on day 3. There are ten challenges in this gem event. Good luck! :rose: Edit: If you have more questions about how gem events work, you should read the sticky thread about the current gem event! ;) There is also a topic about storylines! :rose:

[EVENT] Anniversary Event! https://forums.yoworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196044

[UPDATE] Storylines! - They're Back! https://forums.yoworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196222
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3105
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby poetbjc64 (10747823) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:31 pm

@Katherine
thanks for the information
User avatar
poetbjc64 (10747823)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Kazina (140141674) » Sat May 04, 2019 5:43 am

I've got a fantastical new theme suggestion called Unicorn Utopia, or Yonicorn Yotopia!


It'll have unicorns of course, pets, plushies, decorations, handhelds, yoblers, etc.. and castles, rainbows, clouds, crystals, gems, stars, potions, elixirs, enchanted fruit and other colorful things unicorns like to eat. lots of sparkles, glitter, and things with glowing and shimmery effects.

also a lot of water features like ponds, springs, waterfalls, streams, moats around the castles and so on. gardens with beautiful flowers, magical herbs, plants and trees, and other naturey and heavenly stuff. the homes could be castles and mountaintop havens or caverns for a few examples.


well that's the gist of it but there is plenty of room for more imagination and ideas. I know we have a multitude of such items and unicorns in the game already, but a theme focused on it could create a lot more items that would be fun and useful for using within this theme idea as well as other decorating and designing that would benefit from more water, nature and magical touches.

:star:
Image
User avatar
Kazina (140141674)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 13, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2252
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlists, Giveaways, and YoFan Events & Contests