[SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Come to a YoWorld event, or enter an official YoWorld contest!

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Upcoming Themes - 2019!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 am

XxCoffeeAddictxX (135181575) wrote:Apocalyptic Theme

Like Fallout:

Home: A home that has been through a nuclear war. Broken windows, peeled walls, torn flooring.
Furniture: Mostly destroyed, dirty, on fire. Cabinets falling off hinges. Beat up chairs and couches.
Clothes: Gas Mask, Hazmat suits, Radiation clothing. Glowing green skin or zombie flesh like skin.
NPC: Zombie like creatures infected by the fallout.
:silly: :haha:

Or

K-Pop Theme

Korea Inspired Fashion and Living.

How about a mix of Fallout and the MMO Fallen Earth? :thumbsup: In Fallen Earth it has been centuries since the apocalypse and people have come out of stasis and are rebuilding now. There are some who are learning how machines work, and some who want to rebuild the Natural World.

https://youtu.be/_q7TEpg38-Q

https://youtu.be/SWjEay7KHiM

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2288
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby PetiteTattoo (187667609) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:38 am

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:I read this suggestion in a long ago thread and thought how cool would it be.. so I am posting the quote of the original suggestion so that proper credit is given for the idea :haha:

CountryDude89 (11877186) wrote:A senior citizens theme should come out for us players from. 08/09

I think a senior citizen theme would be awesome. We could really have fun with this both in terms of furniture, real estate and wearables. I am imagining a Nursing style home or village, beds that move, wheel chairs, zimmer frames, grey hairs beards and wrinkled skin. Only caveat would be that as always, it is done respectfully.

I like this idea very much :D

PetiteTattoo (187667609)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 14, 2018

Forum Posts: 1238
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:44 am

PetiteTattoo (187667609) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:I read this suggestion in a long ago thread and thought how cool would it be.. so I am posting the quote of the original suggestion so that proper credit is given for the idea :haha:

CountryDude89 (11877186) wrote:A senior citizens theme should come out for us players from. 08/09

I think a senior citizen theme would be awesome. We could really have fun with this both in terms of furniture, real estate and wearables. I am imagining a Nursing style home or village, beds that move, wheel chairs, zimmer frames, grey hairs beards and wrinkled skin. Only caveat would be that as always, it is done respectfully.

Long as we can get blue, purple, and pink tinted silver hair! ;)

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Decopunk
I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6399
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
PetiteTattoo (187667609) wrote:

Long as we can get blue, purple, and pink tinted silver hair! ;)

Hahaha of course!!! Age doesn't preclude a hint or head of colour :haha:

Thanks guys :)
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10093
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Ember (153690198) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:04 pm

I would like a theme to focus on the woods. Very nature, maybe like parks and stuff, there would wild animals, hedgehogs and trees. There could be an ocean part too maybe. A real save the earth love trees and what not

But in all reality I really want a nice place to put pretty trees and flowers and a new hedgehog yober that is not fall themed
Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 3652
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Kio (185180932) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Decopunk
I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
XxCoffeeAddictxX (135181575) wrote:Apocalyptic Theme

Like Fallout:

Home: A home that has been through a nuclear war. Broken windows, peeled walls, torn flooring.
Furniture: Mostly destroyed, dirty, on fire. Cabinets falling off hinges. Beat up chairs and couches.
Clothes: Gas Mask, Hazmat suits, Radiation clothing. Glowing green skin or zombie flesh like skin.
NPC: Zombie like creatures infected by the fallout.
:silly: :haha:

Or

K-Pop Theme

Korea Inspired Fashion and Living.

How about a mix of Fallout and the MMO Fallen Earth? :thumbsup: In Fallen Earth it has been centuries since the apocalypse and people have come out of stasis and are rebuilding now. There are some who are learning how machines work, and some who want to rebuild the Natural World.

https://youtu.be/_q7TEpg38-Q

https://youtu.be/SWjEay7KHiM

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Synthwave/Retrowave
Think hyper 80s and 90s, lots of old blocky vintage technologies with bright neon colors of overwhelming nostalgia. This theme can take place at a mall or shopping center. Preferably an in-door mall, with a VHS/Cassette tape shop, an old-fashioned arcade, a cafe or burger joint, and of course, it all has to glow. White tiled floors, fountains, tons of palm trees, a rad car contest display, a tech shop with trippy TVs all over the windows.

Yes @ Both. I actually made a vaporware/synthwave house before with existing items. But I would like a whole real theme on it. Yessss @ all.
:haha:

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8752
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:31 am

Ember (153690198) wrote:I would like a theme to focus on the woods. Very nature, maybe like parks and stuff, there would wild animals, hedgehogs and trees. There could be an ocean part too maybe. A real save the earth love trees and what not

But in all reality I really want a nice place to put pretty trees and flowers and a new hedgehog yober that is not fall themed

As long as the flora and fauna is correct for the environment and season! :thumbsup: (We were given axolotls for the ocean! :dizzy: )

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:32 am

Re: TF2018
I feel for BVG a bit. People complain a lot about "the same old themes over and over" so this time they tried to do something different! The barn could be connected using the free fall avenue to another fall home so you could eat there.... BUT what I was hoping for was NEW FURNITURE, in fall colors!!! (You got our hopes up that there would be new furniture because of the gem event reward items, whether you meant to or not.) I have Fall homes that don't feel finished... :( Furniture without the inexplicable color bands on it! Couches in luscious shades of brown, or pretty oranges, reds, and yellows like the brightest fall foliages! Maybe some olive greens thrown in for leaves that are changing. Pretty rugs in nice fall colors, not aggressive colors! (The "fall" rugs in the store are such an aggressive orange. I just use the Vintage brown rugs instead but they are only round.) Maybe cranberry color rugs to go nice beside the splendid Japanese maple reds, and other toned down color rugs to compliment the bright fall leaf colors? (Curtains in toned down shades too, same color just a lil darker? The floor and curtains should be darker/toned down compared to the furniture, just a bit so it doesn't hurt your eyes but it harmonizes.) New wall art with a fall theme! WOODS THAT MATCH! Furniture that is all the right size for each other! (NO layering issues!) Furniture that rotates 4 ways!!! A cozy fireplace! Steaming mugs of apple cider or cocoa to put out and make the home inviting! Maybe apple cider in the process of being made for the kitchen with the cider and cinnamon sticks and such? Same for pies or a turkey maybe? I am going to copy this and paste into the 2019 suggestion topic too!

Editing to add color examples!

https://www.thegardenglove.com/how-to-grow-japanese-maples/

Notice the water drops are showing a brighter red? Notice it looks nice with this deeper more "cranberry" red? ;) The colors in this, the reds and greens would be very pretty with maybe a bit of ecru in it. I am thinking a striped rug with a thinner dark cream/ecru stripe.

https://www.amazon.com/BLOODGOOD-JAPANESE-MAPLE-Bloodgood-BEAUTIFUL/dp/B00C0GG8U8

I mean more the second one from the right, perhaps with a teeny bit more yellow to it! But that dark.

More the deeper browns here.

I wish there were matching couches and chairs (NO weird built in cushions! Make more cushions in seasonal colors maybe, without layering issues and sized right!) in this color! Sigh...

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Hannah BeckhamYoMD (155773682) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 pm

I still want my medical theme!
Hannah BeckhamYoMD (155773682)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 1010
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby ArtRat (185795681) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks for the opportunity to share our thoughts and ideas.
1. Garage Sale theme, swap meet type stuff, antiques, memorabilia, junk, one man's junk is another man's treasure, collectables in cash and coin, old memories from the beginnings of Yoville made into posters, wall paper, floors, bouncies. I am not saying to bring back the old collectables of Yoville, that would ruin the old one's value that are still around, I am saying, make documentation of the old days of Yo and sell that so we can recall what we have forgotten and the newer people can see what they missed. Maybe even make a Yoville Museum in the town of Yoworld for us to visit if Zynga allows it. Contests where we can win something old in the game.
--------------------------------
2. I have always wanted dripping wet hair and dripping wet clothes....animated drips.
--------------------------------
3. Natural Disaster theme. Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Floods, Fires, Drought, Blizzard, Rescue items and npcs, victim npcs.
---------------------------------
4. Make for us solid one color backgrounds, rooms without floors and walls....just one color per room so if we want to create something other than a living space we will have an empty canvas to do it on. Make one page/room without walls or floors, just one solid color. Give us a choice of colors, white, black, red, green, blue, purple, yellow, gold, silver, rainbow, orange, brown. Then provide for us a way to spray paint the empty canvas with tools you would create that we would buy. We then would add to the background room stuff we just bought making designs in it with all the items in the stores. THAT would be AWESOME!!!
-------------------------------
Adam and Eve, God Creation Theme. Adam and Eve, Lucifer, the creation, the fall of mankind.
Bible Stories, Noahs Flood and Arc, Jonah and the whale, King David and Goliath, King Solomon and all his wisdom and riches, Jesus crucifixion and resurrection.

ArtRat (185795681)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 22, 2014

Forum Posts: 31
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Yvng TFM (186661977) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 am

Hello BVG. I have a theme suggestion that many YoWorld players would love, and I know some of the Vikings love it as well.
A wrestling theme.
I know this has been suggested several times, and it was turned down several times as well. But hear me out:

It's very obvious that the amount of active players went down. It went from millions to 3-4 thousand in a matter of months. I know many former YoWorld players that loved the idea of wrestling, but unfortunately stopped playing due to the frustration of not being heard when suggesting the theme. I predict that you'll bring back hundreds, if not thousands of old or even new players if you add this theme.
Now let's talk about the "Events" section on YoWorld. You have an event tab called "Theatre and Roleplay." It was a great addition, but there are still never any events in it. Why? Well, YoWorld wrestling is arguably the most popular type of roleplay existent on YoWorld today. But without a theme, it's very hard to fulfill that. If you were to add it, "Theatre and Roleplay" would no longer be just a "pointless section" that nobody pays attention to. It would undoubtedly be one of the most popular tabs in the "Events" section.
Now, I didn't come here without proof. There had been several YouTube channels based on YoWorld wrestling. Including: YoWorld Wrestling Entertainment, YoWorld Wrestling Federation, Hardcore Championship Wrestling, YoWorld Extreme Championship Wrestling, YoWorld Extreme Wrestling, etc.. All of which uploaded strictly YoWorld wrestling videos. How many of those channels are still uploading consistently, you ask? One. YoWorld Extreme Wrestling (YEW), is the only one. They get a good amount of views per video, so clearly many people enjoy it. But why aren't there more? It all leads back to one thing: No theme.
If you were to add a wrestling theme to YoWorld, not only would it attract more players and strengthen your "Theatre and Roleplay" event tab, but it would also give YoWorld more exposure, and your company as a whole due to YouTube videos and even pure interest. Another thing you would gain is revenue. The more new people join, the more revenue you'll get, which will help you improve YoWorld even more. And the more YoWorld improves, the bigger it'll become. And one way to make that happen is to truly consider/add this theme.
I understand Copyright is an issue in certain cases, but you and any company for that matter could easily create something while still finding away to avoid that.

Thank you! :heart:
Yvng TFM (186661977)
YoWorld Level: 56
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 14, 2016

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:59 am

ArtRat (185795681) wrote:<snip>
-------------------------------
Adam and Eve, God Creation Theme. Adam and Eve, Lucifer, the creation, the fall of mankind.
Bible Stories
, Noahs Flood and Arc, Jonah and the whale, King David and Goliath, King Solomon and all his wisdom and riches, Jesus crucifixion and resurrection.

How about the Greek Creation myths! Or Aesop's Fables?! :nerd: Or Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories?! (How the camel got his hump!) Or, the Egyptian myth if it includes Set killing Osiris and cutting him up and Osiris' being put back together by Isis and coming back to life to preside over the Underworld! I'd love to see the "Negative confessions" a soul must make to all the various Gods to prove they are righteous so they can enter the afterlife! Of course, Maat would need to be there for that, and her assessors! :nerd: (Ancient Egyptians were much more strict in practice as to what constituted sin than Modern Christianity is!) Even modern Pagan creation stories would be really cool! :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology#Origins_of_the_world_and_the_gods

Just So Stories https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2781/2781-h/2781-h.htm

Aesop's Fables http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11339/11339-h/11339-h.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesop%27s_Fables

One of my favorite fables! From up there! ^^

THE NORTH WIND AND THE SUN

A dispute arose between the North Wind and the Sun, each claiming that he was stronger than the other. At last they agreed to try their powers upon a traveller, to see which could soonest strip him of his cloak. The North Wind had the first try; and, gathering up all his force for the attack, he came whirling furiously down upon the man, and caught up his cloak as though he would wrest it from him by one single effort: but the harder he blew, the more closely the man wrapped it round himself. Then came the turn of the Sun. At first he beamed gently upon the traveller, who soon unclasped his cloak and walked on with it hanging loosely about his shoulders: then he shone forth in his full strength, and the man, before he had gone many steps, was glad to throw his cloak right off and complete his journey more lightly clad.

Persuasion is better than force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_creation_myths

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assessors_of_Maat

42 Negative Confessions (Papyrus of Ani)
From the Papyrus of Ani.

I have not committed sin.
I have not committed robbery with violence.
I have not stolen.
I have not slain men and women.
I have not stolen grain.
I have not purloined offerings.
I have not stolen the property of the gods.
I have not uttered lies.
I have not carried away food.
I have not uttered curses.
I have not committed adultery.
I have made none to weep.
I have not eaten the heart [i.e., I have not grieved uselessly, or felt remorse].
I have not attacked any man.
I am not a man of deceit.
I have not stolen cultivated land.
I have not been an eavesdropper.
I have slandered [no man].
I have not been angry without just cause.
I have not debauched the wife of any man.
I have not debauched the wife of [any] man. (repeats the previous affirmation but addressed to a different god).
I have not polluted myself.
I have terrorized none.
I have not transgressed [the Law].
I have not been wroth.
I have not shut my ears to the words of truth.
I have not blasphemed.
I am not a man of violence.
I am not a stirrer up of strife (or a disturber of the peace).
I have not acted (or judged) with undue haste.
I have not pried into matters.
I have not multiplied my words in speaking.
I have wronged none, I have done no evil.
I have not worked witchcraft against the King (or blasphemed against the King).
I have never stopped [the flow of] water.
I have never raised my voice (spoken arrogantly, or in anger).
I have not cursed (or blasphemed) God.
I have not acted with evil rage.
I have not stolen the bread of the gods.
I have not carried away the khenfu cakes from the spirits of the dead.
I have not snatched away the bread of the child, nor treated with contempt the god of my city.
I have not slain the cattle belonging to the god.

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Futuristic Glamour/Elite
Living the glamorous life, in the future of course in a nice tall, glassy highrise. Fancy cocktails and delightful parties only those with deep pockets can afford.

The clothing would be absolutely decadent.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Interplanetary Getaway
How about this, since it's evident we love getaway themes here, how about this one? DO YOU LIKE THEM NOW? HUH? WILL YOU LIKE THEM STILL?

Let's have a getaway on another planet, sounds like a good compromise, yea?

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Futuristic Vacation
Still want more getaway themes? Cause hell, I sure do! A tropical resort with only all the best technologies.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Farm o' the future!

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Yes to everything Anthony posts.

:haha:

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8752
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 am

Leeum (130695460) wrote:American Horror Story: Apocalypse

I think apocalypse anything is good. :thumbsup:

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:29 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:I would also like to add some themes I would like to see. I don't think October should be the only time of year we get dark themes, especially since we will always get cute items at Halloween. My personal favorites would be:

Dark fairy tales Theme
Murder Mystery Theme
Supernatural Things Theme
Cryptozoology Theme
Urban Legends Theme
Gothic Vampires Theme
Fears and Superstitions Theme
Seven Deadly Sins Theme
Haunted Swamp/Voodoo Theme
Slasher/Horror Movies Theme
Apocalypse Theme
Alaska Outdoors Theme