[ENDED] It's #ThrowbackThursday... Share Your Yo-Memories!

Come to a YoWorld event, or enter an official YoWorld contest!

Re: [CONTEST] It's #ThrowbackThursday... Share Your Yo-Memor

Postby Carly (185266388) » Sat May 13, 2017 10:48 pm

first time getting yoville well now yoworld. i love decorating my houses
Carly (185266388)
YoWorld Level: 23
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2013

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby XxMigsxX (168610766) » Sat May 13, 2017 11:14 pm

I enjoyed when there were weekly decorating contests which you could submit through the game because I loved looking back at everyone's old entries.
XxMigsxX (168610766)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2010

Forum Posts: 30
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby FoxyLadyPin01OG (136249937) » Sat May 13, 2017 11:46 pm

my favorite yo-memory... Jan 01,2013. Celebrating our 1st anniv in yo.
thanks a lot BVG for helping us to continue this awesome game and keep the love alive. :balloon: :heart: :cake:
There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.---Acts 20:35
FoxyLadyPin01OG (136249937)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 378
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Noallie (186867574) » Sat May 13, 2017 11:57 pm

I have good and some bad yo-memories, and I cherish them all! I remember buying my first house in the game. It was the 10k Ranch House. I was so excited about it!
Noallie (186867574)
YoWorld Level: 211
YoWorld Start Date: May 01, 2016

Forum Posts: 269
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Destiny (117608702) » Sun May 14, 2017 1:18 am

I remember Yoville.com page you could see what your friends had or some of what your friends had and buy it on the page.. And the water balloons splats were fun too...So glad they they didn't take our game from us this keeps me sane if you only knew how sane it keeps me now you have a brand new name not much different then Yoville but new never the less and we are still here.. Thanks to who all saved our game for u I am truly grateful...Keep up the great work... :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

Destiny (117608702)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 5

Postby Ur Ex Wife (168567371) » Sun May 14, 2017 1:21 am

My all time favourite memories in Yo was making 'music video's' with friends, took forever, but everyone had fun doing it!
My favourite one took place on my birthday :party: :haha:
Now every time I hear timber (Ke$ha) or Goodness Gracious (Ellie Goulding) I look back on these two videos :D :balloon:

https://youtu.be/znK6PfmYZ6c (Timber)

https://youtu.be/7eiKWTXafHk (Goodness Gracious)

P.s, Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend
:love: :heart:
Thank you Yoyo for the siggy

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... -168567371 ~ Visit Me ~ <3
Ur Ex Wife (168567371)
YoWorld Level: 224
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 3160
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby ShelBel (5830849) » Sun May 14, 2017 1:52 am

Ah well, this is a rather personal one. I started playing the game years ago and invited a best friend to try it. Where I don't particularly get into the social aspect or all the bells and whistles Yo has to offer, she jumped in full on and it became one of her all time favorite games. Social, events, trading, clubs...everything. We joked all the time about her Yoville addiction. Then she got sick...and passed away a year and a half ago. Recently, I came back to play after being away for two years.

There are a lot of memories here. It is a tangible reality that the little things can bring a large amount of heartache but given enough time it can also bring indescribable and cherished memories. My favorite one is the day I came back. Looking at all the stuff in the stores that were new to me but I was thinking the whole time oh well, that is hideous...of course she would buy it. She would definitely get this, or get that. There is a contest going on, she would convince me to enter with her. It was a reminder that she really enjoyed it here, and of course, it made me miss her.

There may have been a little crying on my part, but it was a sweet and lovely gift to come back and just remember :heart:
ShelBel (5830849)
YoWorld Level: 205
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 02, 2008

Forum Posts: 5

Postby Fruity LoOpS (105539506) » Sun May 14, 2017 5:47 am

We are aliveeeeeeeeeeeeImage

The day i survived migration, it was so scary and exiting ... I thought i would need therapy for this separation, :dizzy: but you my vikings made it soo smooth . :hug: I am grateful for this migration and very happy to be called a YOworldian !New name for new beginnings.. you made it even more exiting...and it just didnt end there.. We finally can layer clothes! AMAZING DAYS! .. it just never ends tyvm vikings!<3

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: Image
HERES TO ANOTHER YEAR! CHEERS!!
Fruity LoOpS (105539506)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 2675
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby YoVinn (990889) » Sun May 14, 2017 9:04 am

I actually have two memories that stand out for me. The first one is the weekend when there were no ninjas on duty and everyone was able to post...for the first time, ever...a picture of themselves so that we could all see what each other looked like in real life. It was incredible how many posted. The posts were quickly taken down on the following Monday.
My second great memory was when my friends (who unfortunately, no longer play) and I raced for a month in July '10 to see who could reach the top level first. We seemed to play the game around the clock!
Happy Anniversary, YoWorld! :balloon:

YoVinn (990889)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 06, 2008

Forum Posts: 631
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby CrazyNWildBaby (186323116) » Sun May 14, 2017 11:14 am

My first big memory in the game is when I was still really new. I had been playing for a bit and decided to leave my house for the first time. (Up until that point, my yo had never left her home, not even for shopping. lol) I wandered for a bit and was blown away by how much was outside my Yo-door. Some guy started following me from place to place and I was going to go home when he asked me what I was doing. I explained and he busted out laughing.(First time I had seen an action used or a sticker.) He gave me a bunch of tips, buddy listed me and told me to follow him. I did (my first follow) and we were at an event (also my first). He went to the owner and started a trade. I guess he wanted to talk in private without me being able to see. They ended the trade and the owner told me to pick anything that I wanted from their home and I could have it. I kind of refused the offer because it was so unexpected and I had just met them. I didn't want to seem greedy or anything. After a bit, they talked me into it. I walked around and there was so many awesome things. I finally came across a frame that had a few hair pictures in it. I commented the red was beautiful and kept looking in the room. I finally chose a racecar bed. The owner was like all of this and you choose one of the cheapest things here. I told them I just thought it was cute, I don't know about prices. The owner said she gifted me the bed and my new guy friend asked me to trade, he had another bed like that I could have. I accepted the trade and he put the bed in and 1 million coins and asked me to trade him a chest. I was so shocked because I barely had 20k in coins. lol. We ended the trade and after a bit of conversation, I headed home. I got home and looked in my guestbook. Not only did the event owner gift me the bed but she had gifted me a ton of additional stuff, including the red hair that I had commented about on the frame. I was so amazed by their generosity and kindness. It really showed me that Yo was a community and that is what really hooked me into the game. :heart:
CrazyNWildBaby (186323116)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 13, 2015

Forum Posts: 975
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby XxNiKyXx (6531488) » Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 pm

:angel:
XxNiKyXx (6531488)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 9

Postby XxNiKyXx (6531488) » Sun May 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Velma (187399202) wrote:Playing with my daughter :)
XxNiKyXx (6531488)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 9

Postby Lynny (106878447) » Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm

:D :D :D

Spending time with my YoWorld friends :smug: :smug: :smug:

Lynny (106878447)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 225
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Vegas (145851432) » Sun May 14, 2017 8:59 pm

When I first started playing YoWorld my friend also started. We would gift each other all the time. Then we thought why not meet in a store and shop together. So that is what we did. We would shop and buy each other things we really wanted. I bought her a hot tub so we would get on our bathing suits and go to her apartment and get in the hot tub with drinks and sit and chat. That is my fondest memory of good times in YoWorld.
Vegas (145851432)
YoWorld Level: 122
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 17, 2010

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Deb (111982854) » Sun May 14, 2017 10:41 pm

So many great memories but I think the best was wearing the barrel costume to protest the sweats factory in front of Alton towers! So many people played then including my daughters, son and spouse. I still visit them even though they no longer play. My sons ex, who was a huge yoville fan,hacked his account and took everything Including the dog with the zynga shirt on and all his medieval furniture.! Too many great memories! I do miss getting yo cash for completing the sponsor questionaires. You had to get to the end to get your yocash but the trick was to do it without signing up for anything. I also miss actually walking from place to place in yoville Instead of just teleporting. Thank you BVG for developing this game and for buying it back when zynga was ready to throw in the towel.
Deb (111982854)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 7

Postby Ryan C (109871804) » Sun May 14, 2017 10:48 pm

I have so many memories with Yo. I've been playing since I was 12 years old (I'm now 19 and a Sophomore in college). I basically grew up with this game. Over my 7 years of playing I've had so much fun. I've met so many wonderful people from all over the world. This game provides a platform to escape your everyday life, and I'm so grateful to have it. I remember when Zynga cut ties to Yoville and I was heartbroken. I thought all was lost. Until BVG came to the rescue! Thanks so much for the hard work you all put into this game. Happy Anniversary YoWorld!

THANKS TO MY YOANGELS! You guys are so amazing!
-DianaBanana -VIP Anni
Ryan C (109871804)
YoWorld Level: 40
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 40
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby BEAR (104345882) » Mon May 15, 2017 12:34 am

I remember having an art club and everyone would hang out, it was so much fun throwing water balloons when people were out of control drawing on other peoples white boards. Believe it or not people actually felt better with this place because they could discuss, meet people, act like they felt and they kept it clean and sweet It was like we could be in school all over again, and it was universal everyone from all over the world gathered. I am sorry I don't have anymore photos, but when yo was closed down for some type of maintanence or security or something we all scattered. Miss it, it was great. thanks Yo for letting us be ourselves. Bear

BEAR (104345882)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Postby KING DllLotusll (159631234) » Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 am

i started playing YoWorld in august of 2008. over the nearly nine years of playing i have made many lasting memories, with many amazing friends. i have a love for Halloween, both in real and in game, and some of my best memories come from those times. and the 2008 month of October literally changed my life, we decorated and threw huge parties to get room rates and compete for a place on top rooms, for those who don't remember that, whoever had the most likes had their room and avatar displayed at the bottom of the screen for everyone to see. We used teleport doors to link our rooms together with other people on top rooms and throw huge multi apartment/multi event parties. we spent hours meeting people and making new friends. hours hiding behind the giant pumpkin pretending to make it talk. these memories are so special to me mainly because the people i would meet at these events would become the best of my friends and my family. At these events and during this time i met a woman who i consider a best friend and role model and we have been friends for nearly nine years and still never have dull conversations, I met a friend who would later introduce me to the amazing woman who became my YO girlfriend in 2009 and who i married for real in 2014, i wasn't joking when i said my memories were life changing lol. I have never missed an October on YO, my parties, tho not as large, still continue, my decorating is year round and endless. i have far too many great memories to share all at once and i am tankful for all of them and will never forget the great times i have had in game. i have one surviving photo of my first decorated room to share....so here it is.....thanks everyone :)

KING DllLotusll (159631234)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2010

Forum Posts: 6

Postby Luxx (185890804) » Mon May 15, 2017 4:17 am

I remember when me and my friends hanging and talking about silly jokes, :D :hug: and when i feel that i really having fun when decorating ! I really wanna show you my decorating skills! :idea: :idea: :heart: :heart:
Luxx (185890804)
YoWorld Level: 79
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2014

Postby SweetNSassy (7550237) » Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 am

I remember my first Item I bought when i first started playing in 09.It was a chair lol. I Have met people from all over the world. Meeting the friends I have now was the best. I want to thank you all making that possible. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOU DO!!
SweetNSassy (7550237)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Official YoWorld Events & Contests