Man it's hard to figure this out...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Man it's hard to figure this out...

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:27 am

Grit (126579776) wrote:
xNVx (129595882) wrote:ty ladies :hug:

You do fine work and you know it. :haha: ;) :hug:

I always enjoy when you post your rooms because it reminds me about how dumb some of my rooms look LOL :haha:

This was the 2nd room I ever did in Yo.........look how smugly proud I am..... :haha:

Giggling at the sub in the sand. :haha: :thumbsup: Oh how I remember the beach towels as water in the old days! :silly: :D We have really came a long way. :)
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 12955
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Vile (126579776) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:35 am

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:
Grit (126579776) wrote:

I always enjoy when you post your rooms because it reminds me about how dumb some of my rooms look LOL :haha:

This was the 2nd room I ever did in Yo.........look how smugly proud I am..... :haha:

Giggling at the sub in the sand. :haha: :thumbsup: Oh how I remember the beach towels as water in the old days! :silly: :D We have really came a long way. :)

I remember seeing those water towels and getting so thrilled to make a room that wasn't a room. Now we complain when the water doesn't ripple the way it should or it doesn't have the right shading. LOL It's amazing what improvements do to expectations. Back then we got water towels and WE LIKED IT because it was better than nothing. Goodness you've started priming my rant engines..........

:haha:

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 47268
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:37 am

xNVx (129595882) wrote:Hi Music hun :hug:

I used to always run into those same issues, then i started to add couches on each side of a fireplace so that it would leave me an opening and enough room to add something to that odd area. Usually i add a small seating area with a rug
for example
or i add another floor or some stairs or something it makes to room smaller but it fills those odd spaces
for example

I always like to make my own layout it sometimes gives you more room to work with to fill those odd spaces, like add my own hallway it gives more room
for example

Hope this gives you some ideas for next time

I don't like my rooms cluttered with a lot of stuff so i always work on a way to work with items. Usually i build my room around a fireplace or wallart and go from there but my rooms usually look simple, not as interesting as others i have seen but that's how i like my rooms.

Really nice and cozy looking place NV!

Formerly CountryDude89
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 22143
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 pm

Grit (126579776) wrote:
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:
Grit (126579776) wrote:

I remember seeing those water towels and getting so thrilled to make a room that wasn't a room. Now we complain when the water doesn't ripple the way it should or it doesn't have the right shading. LOL It's amazing what improvements do to expectations. Back then we got water towels and WE LIKED IT because it was better than nothing. Goodness you've started priming my rant engines..........

:haha:

:haha: I tore up all my old rooms using those towels but they was a blessing in disguise at the time. I wish I would of left one just to remember. I am guilty of complaining especially about waters. We need every shading and or effect they can give us. I do sometimes look at what was and what is and take a minute to be thankful for all we have now though. Could you imagine if the beach towels was still all we had to work with? I have seen so many beautiful creations and some of which did not even include water tiles it is just creative ways they created waters. I guess our expectations will never stop wanting better or more just like with anything but we can still take a moment every now and then to appreciate what we have and all that has changed as well. :)
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 12955
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:38 pm

If I am not feeling a theme, stuff gets put in traditional places, and thats the end of it, and they look very much likeyour layout. If I like a theme I want to squeeze more in and tend to be a little more creative. I found two examples for you, with the empty room and the finished room, I hope it helps!:

and

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 7412
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions