Page 3 of 3

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:35 pm
by Sheila (139217083)
I agree with much of what has been said in this thread. I am very disappointed. I actually love Anne of Green Gables so at first I was excited for this theme, but that quickly faded when the releases came out. This could have been done so much better. Almost all of the themes lately that aren't player designed, are so....clunky for lack of a better word. And all the face cases are really unbecoming, way too big and hairy eyebrows, and they all almost look exactly the same. None of this is stuff I want to be. I will say it does make the gem challenge truly a CHALLENGE to know what to do to make it look good.

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:14 am
by Nightcrawler (126579776)
Sheila (139217083) wrote:I agree with much of what has been said in this thread. I am very disappointed. I actually love Anne of Green Gables so at first I was excited for this theme, but that quickly faded when the releases came out. This could have been done so much better. Almost all of the themes lately that aren't player designed, are so....clunky for lack of a better word. And all the face cases are really unbecoming, way too big and hairy eyebrows, and they all almost look exactly the same. None of this is stuff I want to be. I will say it does make the gem challenge truly a CHALLENGE to know what to do to make it look good.

Good feedback. The highlighted portion has always interested me. In the universe of possible eyebrows, there are ones that will look terrible, ones that are attractive, and everything in between. In the category of ones that are attractive, the shapes and designs are very similar. I'm starting to see so many that look the same all the time. The only way for them to branch out of that box is to start venturing into the "everything in between" category. It is inevitable if they want to stay "fresh" and not be "repetitive". It's the same with every item now being made. They all resemble something we've had before. The trick is to make it so cool looking that we forget we already something like it. Welcome to Yo 2021.

:)

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 am
by SL Kraze69 (175801908)
Glad to know nothing's changed :haha: :haha:

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 am
by AKA (5341232)
Lippy (185643699) wrote:it would be fun to have an action that could knock those top hats off :love:

:rose: perfect comeback!!!!!!!

People keep saying that its hard not to release the same items but the reality is that the players , who aren't getting paid weekly salaries, are creating amazing items that we all have to have..

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:04 pm
by vin (990889)
I was looking forward to this theme b/c I just love Anne of Green Gables but the outfits are uninspired. If we didn't have the DC and some amazing artists among our players, the game would be more and more disappointing. I do purchase the theme items especially the hats but these days, many of them just don't sit right on the head. The colours are also disappointing. They mishmash instead of using the same tones.

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:37 pm
by Quarantined Mata (13429328)
I call them "caramel outfits". But I don't think that name sounds as ridiculous in English as it does in my native language.

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:29 pm
by Sheila (139217083)
Steel Justice (126579776) wrote:
Sheila (139217083) wrote:I agree with much of what has been said in this thread. I am very disappointed. I actually love Anne of Green Gables so at first I was excited for this theme, but that quickly faded when the releases came out. This could have been done so much better. Almost all of the themes lately that aren't player designed, are so....clunky for lack of a better word. And all the face cases are really unbecoming, way too big and hairy eyebrows, and they all almost look exactly the same. None of this is stuff I want to be. I will say it does make the gem challenge truly a CHALLENGE to know what to do to make it look good.

Good feedback. The highlighted portion has always interested me. In the universe of possible eyebrows, there are ones that will look terrible, ones that are attractive, and everything in between. In the category of ones that are attractive, the shapes and designs are very similar. I'm starting to see so many that look the same all the time. The only way for them to branch out of that box is to start venturing into the "everything in between" category. It is inevitable if they want to stay "fresh" and not be "repetitive". It's the same with every item now being made. They all resemble something we've had before. The trick is to make it so cool looking that we forget we already something like it. Welcome to Yo 2021.

:)



Yeah that is a very good point. I guess I mean the whole entire facecases look the same to me lately (eyes, mouth, eyebrows, etc.) I mean I guess there is some variation, but very little imo. It all looks similar.

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:38 pm
by Doodler (10729465)
I would have loved to get some nice looking spats, but these clunky things are hideous!

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:40 pm
by Doodler (10729465)
Sheila (139217083) wrote:
Steel Justice (126579776) wrote:
Sheila (139217083) wrote:I agree with much of what has been said in this thread. I am very disappointed. I actually love Anne of Green Gables so at first I was excited for this theme, but that quickly faded when the releases came out. This could have been done so much better. Almost all of the themes lately that aren't player designed, are so....clunky for lack of a better word. And all the face cases are really unbecoming, way too big and hairy eyebrows, and they all almost look exactly the same. None of this is stuff I want to be. I will say it does make the gem challenge truly a CHALLENGE to know what to do to make it look good.

Good feedback. The highlighted portion has always interested me. In the universe of possible eyebrows, there are ones that will look terrible, ones that are attractive, and everything in between. In the category of ones that are attractive, the shapes and designs are very similar. I'm starting to see so many that look the same all the time. The only way for them to branch out of that box is to start venturing into the "everything in between" category. It is inevitable if they want to stay "fresh" and not be "repetitive". It's the same with every item now being made. They all resemble something we've had before. The trick is to make it so cool looking that we forget we already something like it. Welcome to Yo 2021.

:)



Yeah that is a very good point. I guess I mean the whole entire facecases look the same to me lately (eyes, mouth, eyebrows, etc.) I mean I guess there is some variation, but very little imo. It all looks similar.


The biggest variation I have found, is the placement on the face! Some to the left, some to the right - higher and lower. All just enough that they can't be mixed and matched. Very irritating.

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:54 pm
by Pinkylola (235554)
Same outdated outfits on ugly avis. :sleeping:

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:00 pm
by Katherine (121079165)
beanmom (6754061) wrote:Anne of Green Gables is set in the Victorian era (or Edwardian in some of the movie adaptations), so the style seems appropriate to the theme. Unfortunately, the release we got today looks really frumpy, like everything needs a good ironing, and I cannot imagine why they chose to make the boots come up over the pant leg. :?: The style definitely could have been executed better.


:idea: :nerd: Those are spats, meant to protect shoes and pants legs from mud thrown up by carriages! ;) :rose:

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:05 am
by Peela (2375631)
I shake my head at all the people who just dress up their avatars in whatever they want ....

I have just voted and I got so many people dressed to go to a nightclub or down the beach or other places .... this is Anne of Green Gables ... its set in the early 1900s ... and nope they didnt have the clothes of today ... they usually had one good dress & one work dress ... the women wore long skirts ... and usually very proper boots ... there was no jewellery ... no makeup ... and no fancy outfits ... no bright colours it was greys, browns & subdued colours...

cant everyone that does the challenge follow the rules set down for the theme we are dressing for .... I didnt use the outfits on offer in the theme ... but searched my wardrobe for outfits that went together to follow the rules set out for the challenge ... its not hard if you use your imagination and the things you have at hand (if you dont like the outfits offered) it also means you are different than the same oufits in the shops on offer .... I enjoy finding something that goes with the theme but isnt the same as everyone else ...

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:18 am
by LindyLou Who (126352247)
Peela (2375631) wrote:I shake my head at all the people who just dress up their avatars in whatever they want ....

I have just voted and I got so many people dressed to go to a nightclub or down the beach or other places .... this is Anne of Green Gables ... its set in the early 1900s ... and nope they didnt have the clothes of today ... they usually had one good dress & one work dress ... the women wore long skirts ... and usually very proper boots ... there was no jewellery ... no makeup ... and no fancy outfits ... no bright colours it was greys, browns & subdued colours...

cant everyone that does the challenge follow the rules set down for the theme we are dressing for .... I didnt use the outfits on offer in the theme ... but searched my wardrobe for outfits that went together to follow the rules set out for the challenge ... its not hard if you use your imagination and the things you have at hand (if you dont like the outfits offered) it also means you are different than the same oufits in the shops on offer .... I enjoy finding something that goes with the theme but isnt the same as everyone else ...



That's how I feel I did use the blue outfit and added a few things to it. I loved the room challenge that was a blank room .OMG so many beautiful rooms when people got into it and used their imaginations. I honestly wished they do it again. :thumbsup:

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:50 am
by LindyLou Who (126352247)
Steel Justice (126579776) wrote:Was this a runway show in 1967? Nope. It was 2013 & 2014 respectively. Fashion never changes - it just recycles. Welcome to Yo. There will be more top hats and tiaras. Hell, they should do a theme called "Top Hats & Tiaras" and it would probably burn the doors off the store. LOL

Image
Image


I wore these in the late 60's and 70's that's what gets me with the kid's today they think they invent everything but nope they reinvent it and don't even realize it. :thumbsup:

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:41 am
by Peta April (2638410)
Peela (2375631) wrote:I shake my head at all the people who just dress up their avatars in whatever they want ....

I have just voted and I got so many people dressed to go to a nightclub or down the beach or other places .... this is Anne of Green Gables ... its set in the early 1900s ... and nope they didnt have the clothes of today ... they usually had one good dress & one work dress ... the women wore long skirts ... and usually very proper boots ... there was no jewellery ... no makeup ... and no fancy outfits ... no bright colours it was greys, browns & subdued colours...

cant everyone that does the challenge follow the rules set down for the theme we are dressing for .... I didnt use the outfits on offer in the theme ... but searched my wardrobe for outfits that went together to follow the rules set out for the challenge ... its not hard if you use your imagination and the things you have at hand (if you dont like the outfits offered) it also means you are different than the same oufits in the shops on offer .... I enjoy finding something that goes with the theme but isnt the same as everyone else ...




exactly!

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:41 am
by Peta April (2638410)
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:
Peela (2375631) wrote:I shake my head at all the people who just dress up their avatars in whatever they want ....

I have just voted and I got so many people dressed to go to a nightclub or down the beach or other places .... this is Anne of Green Gables ... its set in the early 1900s ... and nope they didnt have the clothes of today ... they usually had one good dress & one work dress ... the women wore long skirts ... and usually very proper boots ... there was no jewellery ... no makeup ... and no fancy outfits ... no bright colours it was greys, browns & subdued colours...

cant everyone that does the challenge follow the rules set down for the theme we are dressing for .... I didnt use the outfits on offer in the theme ... but searched my wardrobe for outfits that went together to follow the rules set out for the challenge ... its not hard if you use your imagination and the things you have at hand (if you dont like the outfits offered) it also means you are different than the same oufits in the shops on offer .... I enjoy finding something that goes with the theme but isnt the same as everyone else ...



That's how I feel I did use the blue outfit and added a few things to it. I loved the room challenge that was a blank room .OMG so many beautiful rooms when people got into it and used their imaginations. I honestly wished they do it again. :thumbsup:


:thumbsup:

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 am
by Peta April (2638410)
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:
Steel Justice (126579776) wrote:Was this a runway show in 1967? Nope. It was 2013 & 2014 respectively. Fashion never changes - it just recycles. Welcome to Yo. There will be more top hats and tiaras. Hell, they should do a theme called "Top Hats & Tiaras" and it would probably burn the doors off the store. LOL

Image
Image


I wore these in the late 60's and 70's that's what gets me with the kid's today they think they invent everything but nope they reinvent it and don't even realize it. :thumbsup:




i'm 39 but totally agree! i see alot of teenagers and people in their 20s wearing 90s outfits and not even the good outfits from that time and they think they r doing a new hip thing! hahahaha

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am
by xNVx (129595882)
AKA (5341232) wrote:
Lippy (185643699) wrote:it would be fun to have an action that could knock those top hats off :love:

:rose: perfect comeback!!!!!!!

People keep saying that its hard not to release the same items but the reality is that the players , who aren't getting paid weekly salaries, are creating amazing items that we all have to have..



:thumbsup:
When it comes to clothes just a little detail can change something in a big way. That's one of the problems now, nothing has details anymore. Everything looks old and frumpy, because everything is made 2 sizes to big and nothing has detail. Look at the DC stuff , nothing looks the same and so many details. Idc if it's Ann of green gables or any other old style theme, we don't have to look so frumpy and outdated. For some they ok with this stuff, but for the rest of us we are bored with it.

Re: Its just sad..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:25 am
by Cookie Monster (4327680)
beanmom (6754061) wrote:Anne of Green Gables is set in the Victorian era (or Edwardian in some of the movie adaptations), so the style seems appropriate to the theme. Unfortunately, the release we got today looks really frumpy, like everything needs a good ironing, and I cannot imagine why they chose to make the boots come up over the pant leg. :?: The style definitely could have been executed better.


This. It’s a book theme first and then a fall theme. The clothing matches the main theme.