EII2021 September

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

EII2021 September

Postby 1Nik Wish (4411962) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:31 pm

Just noticed the new desktop rewards are our birthstones. lol bet you all noticed long ago.

On that note since October has not been released. Can I request something different other than another ball gown, crown and sceptre. After all I am an Aussie and Opal is the Aussie stone. On top of that my husband Lloyd or Crazy 1 was the best opal cutter in Lightning Ridge the opal centre of Australia. Can we Please please get an opal handled pick axe and a opal torch head lamp and some opal overalls or something along those lines. Suggestions welcome. I hope you Vikings are listening.

:bye:
1Nik Wish (4411962)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 579
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: EII2021 September

Postby 1Nik Wish (4411962) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:11 pm

Come on Forumers give me some feed back. Is it a good Idea or what. Ohhhhh Black Opal pick Axe.
1Nik Wish (4411962)

Postby Sharon (11135269) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:17 pm

I haven't seen them at all...where are they?

Sharon (11135269)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 1497
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Sharon (11135269) wrote:I haven't seen them at all...where are they?

They are the Daily Desktop Rewards that we collect each month in the Desktop App.! We are on September's Rewards now, so all the item's are related to Sapphire's!

Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 2956
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:32 pm

I remember seeing the gem stone for each month pictures for the first time and being pretty disappointed at my birth month’s gem stone.

How would you give August green? And THAT shade of green?? like at least maybe give us emerald…

It should’ve been orange, yellow, red, or purple… :heartbroken: the fact that July got Ruby…

It’s a cute idea, though. Opal is pretty nice.
Black cats are the superior cats.
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 6002
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby 1Nik Wish (4411962) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:43 pm

Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:I remember seeing the gem stone for each month pictures for the first time and being pretty disappointed at my birth month’s gem stone.

How would you give August green? And THAT shade of green?? like at least maybe give us emerald…

It should’ve been orange, yellow, red, or purple… :heartbroken: the fact that July got Ruby…

Below is in order the EII's we have received so far this year only in the clothing mind you. We are only on our 4th month of the birthstones. I am really just hoping that it is not going to be a whole years worth of ball gowns tiaras and sceptres' that's why I need everyone's help for some better ideas for the Vikings. Think Aussie and mining for October.

1Nik Wish (4411962)

Postby BEANS (110735736) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:26 pm

:thumbsup:
Stay sane in an insane world!

BEANS (110735736)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 4170
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:27 pm

Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:I remember seeing the gem stone for each month pictures for the first time and being pretty disappointed at my birth month’s gem stone.

Emerald is May's Birthstone and these have been the Month's Birthstones for Centuries!
Jade (136873125)

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:34 pm

1Nik Wish (4411962) wrote:

Below is in order the EII's we have received so far this year only in the clothing mind you. We are only on our 4th month of the birthstones. I am really just hoping that it is not going to be a whole years worth of ball gowns tiaras and sceptres' that's why I need everyone's help for some better ideas for the Vikings. Think Aussie and mining for October.

I am not an Aussie and October is not my Birth Month! I am looking forward to April Rewards, as the Birthstone is Diamond's (not my Birth Month either). There were several diamond mines in Northern Ontario, Canada.
We can't tell BVG what they should and shouldn't put in these Reward's! They are free and I don't complain about the Freebies we get from these Reward's!
Jade (136873125)

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:03 am

August is Peridot a light green Emerald is May I like the light green. :thumbsup:

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8059
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:05 am

I hope they don't stop I want a crown with my birthstone .

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 391
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8059
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:13 am

LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:

August is Peridot a light green Emerald is May I like the light green. :thumbsup:

I don’t like it at all. My family gets beautiful blue & yellow/orange (sept, nov, dec) stones. I get that ugly shade of green when I’m a Leo born in August makes me a lil jealous, haha. When I think Leo and August I think fire colors. August has the worst shade in the picture IMO.

They were chosen a LONG time ago so eh. Some in my HS decided to buy birthstone rings for graduation so when I looked up mine I gave it a hard-pass. My sister on the other hand got her blue stone for her graduation :grr I’ll just pretend I’m born in July, LOL.
Black cats are the superior cats.
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 6002

Postby Goddess Zane (2435988) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:24 am

I did not even connect those dots. Birthstones. Awesome.

Goddess Zane (2435988)
YoWorld Level: 383
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2008

Forum Posts: 1749
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Annalese (9103739) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:01 am

1Nik Wish (4411962) wrote:Just noticed the new desktop rewards are our birthstones. lol bet you all noticed long ago.
On that note since October has not been released. Can I request something different other than another ball gown, crown and sceptre. After all I am an Aussie and Opal is the Aussie stone. On top of that my husband Lloyd or Crazy 1 was the best opal cutter in Lightning Ridge the opal centre of Australia. Can we Please please get an opal handled pick axe and a opal torch head lamp and some opal overalls or something along those lines. Suggestions welcome. I hope you Vikings are listening.

Absolutely LOVE Opals! :heart: They are my birthstone... They are THE singular most unique and interesting gemstone, especially the black opal which comes out of Australia! Oh their firey, intense depths of color, tone and movement are simply mesmerizing! We have water to thank for that; and thousands of years of earth's pressure. It has become more difficult to find opals in jewellery, left in their matrix. More often than not they are sold as doublets or triplets (a thin shaving of Opal layer adhered to a base, often black onyx, to enhance the opal's colorations). That thin shaving of opal on the surface would eventually chip away over time (at least in those rings/jewellery pieces I've had over the years). In fact the typical "white opal" we so often see sold in jewellery stores throughout North America, is the most inferior form of all opal. Opals are becoming so rare, much harder to mine, and find. It would be most interesting to see them in their natural state, tucked deep inside the matrix rock foundations... Equally as interesting, would be a conversation with your hubby about his work! Anyway, I like your idea 1Nik Wish! :thumbsup:

Annalese (9103739)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 634

Postby Tanvvi (112680259) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:16 am

Yes, I did notice and I guess it started with Pearl... And i am hoping to get some different cool stuff too for the other months... especially now that you have mentioned October, it being my Birthday month i would love to have something unique and not same stuff with different colors that we have received in pearl, peridot and sapphire.. :angel:
Tanvvi (112680259)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Claudia Elaine (112200811) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:31 am

Did Amethyst and Emerald already roll around? I was born in Feb but loveee emerald green. I even got my high school class ring with an emerald instead of my birthstone or school color :haha:

Claudia Elaine (112200811)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 5024

Postby Adeline (113719515) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:20 am

Opal is my birthstone and I hope we get an opal necklace and earrings!

Adeline (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 392
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11406
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby 1Nik Wish (4411962) » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:06 am

Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:

I don’t like it at all. My family gets beautiful blue & yellow/orange (sept, nov, dec) stones. I get that ugly shade of green when I’m a Leo born in August makes me a lil jealous, haha. When I think Leo and August I think fire colors. August has the worst shade in the picture IMO.

They were chosen a LONG time ago so eh. Some in my HS decided to buy birthstone rings for graduation so when I looked up mine I gave it a hard-pass. My sister on the other hand got her blue stone for her graduation :grr I’ll just pretend I’m born in July, LOL.

I have never liked green. Though I do rather like the parot we got at least it was not another crown.
1Nik Wish (4411962)

Postby 1Nik Wish (4411962) » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:10 am

Jade (136873125) wrote:
1Nik Wish (4411962) wrote:

I am not an Aussie and October is not my Birth Month! I am looking forward to April Rewards, as the Birthstone is Diamond's (not my Birth Month either). There were several diamond mines in Northern Ontario, Canada.
We can't tell BVG what they should and shouldn't put in these Reward's! They are free and I don't complain about the Freebies we get from these Reward's!

Oh sweet Jade (such a lovely name) BVG are always asking for suggestions. This is a suggestion a request and we all have a right to voice our visions. Read the next post.
1Nik Wish (4411962)

Postby 1Nik Wish (4411962) » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:20 am

Annalese (9103739) wrote:
1Nik Wish (4411962) wrote:Just noticed the new desktop rewards are our birthstones. lol bet you all noticed long ago.

Absolutely LOVE Opals! :heart: They are my birthstone... They are THE singular most unique and interesting gemstone, especially the black opal which comes out of Australia! Oh their firey, intense depths of color, tone and movement are simply mesmerizing! We have water to thank for that; and thousands of years of earth's pressure. It has become more difficult to find opals in jewellery, left in their matrix. More often than not they are sold as doublets or triplets (a thin shaving of Opal layer adhered to a base, often black onyx, to enhance the opal's colorations). That thin shaving of opal on the surface would eventually chip away over time (at least in those rings/jewellery pieces I've had over the years). In fact the typical "white opal" we so often see sold in jewellery stores throughout North America, is the most inferior form of all opal. Opals are becoming so rare, much harder to mine, and find. It would be most interesting to see them in their natural state, tucked deep inside the matrix rock foundations... Equally as interesting, would be a conversation with your hubby about his work! Anyway, I like your idea 1Nik Wish! :thumbsup:

Wow you know your terms. Hubby is snoring away softly at the moment Im not waking him. He would be thrilled with your knowledge.

There is nothing I can add to your words. I love that you think its a good idea have you any suggestions for Opal mining inspired items??
1Nik Wish (4411962)

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions