[EVENT] Boho Wonders Event (September 1st, 2021)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[EVENT] Boho Wonders Event (September 1st, 2021)

Postby Viking Andrew » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:34 pm

Hey YoFans!

It's a new month and that can only mean one thing... It's time for a new Gem Event!

Today we kick off the Boho Wonders Event!

Step 1: Hang Out :hug:
• Every day, complete Hang Out tasks to earn a free item and a token
• Optional bonus challenges will give you gems, too

Step 2: Participate in Challenges :party:
• Enter on the first day of each challenge
• Each challenge has requirements that must be met before submitting
• Meet the optional criteria to earn a rating boost!
• You can leave and come back to your creation at any time before submitting - be sure to come back before the deadline to hit the button so you're eligible for voting! (No edits will be permitted after submitting. If you start an entry but don't submit it, your items will be returned to your inventory no more than 24 hours after the end of that challenge)
• One default room will be available for decorating and two default outfits to choose from, male or female, when dressing up the Yo
• To vote, come back on the second day of each challenge
• You'll earn gems for voting a minimum of five times, but you can keep voting past that if you wish
• Collect results on the third day of each challenge. Your star rating is calculated based on how other YoFans have voted
• Any rating boosts will be added to your voting score
• Prizes for these challenges may include gems, YoCash, or even silver tokens! (More about these in Step 3 below)
• At the end of the event, all items used for your submissions are yours to keep
• Items and rooms will be given at the end of each challenge
• Outfit slots can be claimed at the end of the event

Step 3: Get Rewards! :gift:
• Open event chests using your gems
• These chests contain existing in-store, as well as new Boho In Prague.
• You'll receive one common item from the wooden chest, or one rare-or-better item from the mega chest
• To guarantee one brand new ESE2021 event exclusive item, take advantage of the magic chest! (These exclusive items are also available in the other two chests)
• Click on any unlocked item in the rewards tab to see the item name
• Silver tokens unlock even more cool prizes - your silver token progress can be seen at the top of the event pop-up
• You can trade YoCash for gems if you want to open more chests
• Check back frequently for updated daily deals and new tier deals!

NEW Feature For Events!
• Submission troubles got you down? Worry no more with the new Submission Confirmation pop-up!
• Once you've perfected your design and clicked "Submit", you'll be presented with a confirmation window
• Your completed room or outfit should appear in this pop-up

• If your completed design is showing and is correct, go ahead and click "Submit" to enter your design

• If your design is incorrect or not showing at all, clicking "Report Problem" will send all relevant information to our team for them to diagnose what may have happened
• This will help us fine-tune the submission process going forward to make the entire submission and voting experience better for everyone!

• Once the report has been automatically submitted, you can try to submit your design again, hopefully with a better outcome!
• The new Submission Confirmation applies to both Decor and Costume challenges!

As a Reminder...
• The Boho Wonders Event will be running from September 1st at 18:00 UTC to 18:00 PM UTC on September 30 th.
• Each day begins at 2 pm ET, which is now 18:00 game time (UTC)

If you have questions to ask or feedback to share, this is the place to do it!
:hug:

Viking Andrew
YoWorld Level: 500

Forum Posts: 3255
Forum Title: Forum Daddy

Re: [EVENT] Boho Wonders Event (September 1st, 2021)

Postby Isla (2518852) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:14 pm

Yes!!! Thank you so much for creating my Boho in Prague theme. I could complain that it's in a gem event, but the bottom line is: you made it! I guess this means no gem event break for me. :haha:

Thank you, BVG. Excited to see how this turns out. :party:

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 2417
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Nightcrawler (126579776) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:01 pm

Oh man I am so happy for everyone who wants this one.....and I'm happy for me because I don't. LOL

I am worn out after Nocturnal Circus. :phew:

No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude - Karl Popper
Nightcrawler (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 47209
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:03 pm

I was able to log in on my phone, by clicking here " play YoWorld.. Since this morning I can't log in,whole day, Idk why... I am on Android.
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 16935
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Adeline (113719515) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:58 pm

I really wish this were a full fledged theme as so much could be done with it that I doubt can be done with that room you are giving us. Prague is a beautiful city. Please consider giving us the real deal. And yes I was going to take this gem event off but don't dare as I see once again beautifully designed furniture.

Adeline (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 392
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11406
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby x Milky x (6094472) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:00 pm

Isla (2518852) wrote:Yes!!! Thank you so much for creating my Boho in Prague theme. I could complain that it's in a gem event, but the bottom line is: you made it! I guess this means no gem event break for me. :haha:

SO happy for you Isla!!! This is going to be awesome :D
The most awesome Vikings > All of them

I miss the olden YO days when people used to come and say hi, how are you? not hi, do you have?

x Milky x (6094472)
YoWorld Level: 363
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 6366
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby x Milky x (6094472) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:01 pm

Lil FooFoo (126579776) wrote:Oh man I am so happy for everyone who wants this one.....and I'm happy for me because I don't. LOL

I am worn out after Nocturnal Circus. :phew:

I know right!! My YC got drained, and I never ever thought I would spend YC on gems.. well that’s out the window now :angel: :haha:
The most awesome Vikings > All of them

I miss the olden YO days when people used to come and say hi, how are you? not hi, do you have?

x Milky x (6094472)
YoWorld Level: 363
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 6366

Postby Isla (2518852) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm

Adeline (113719515) wrote:I really wish this were a full fledged theme as so much could be done with it that I doubt can be done with that room you are giving us. Prague is a beautiful city. Please consider giving us the real deal. And yes I was going to take this gem event off but don't dare as I see once again beautifully designed furniture.

I know, I was very much hoping for a full theme because the city is beautiful, and we can't really capture that now. The gem theme won't be able to cover that, no way. Not unless they've given us buildings in it, which I doubt. We've had numerous London themes at this point, but those homes can't really be used for Prague. London was bombed in WWII, while Prague didn't sustain the same damage. So, there are some beautiful bohemian structures that survived the times and there is much less of a modern look in Prague. I feel a little cheated that we can't capture them.

I'm hoping they'll give us some stuff we can use and maybe eventually some sort of home will be created and we can use that.

Best guess is that this theme wasn't as popular in voting and that's why they turned it into a gem event, so I'll just be happy they created it. But, I feel the same as you do fundamentally.

x Milky x (6094472) wrote:
Isla (2518852) wrote:Yes!!! Thank you so much for creating my Boho in Prague theme. I could complain that it's in a gem event, but the bottom line is: you made it! I guess this means no gem event break for me. :haha:

SO happy for you Isla!!! This is going to be awesome :D

Thanks! :hug:

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 2417
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby CelticMyst (119751720) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Im very excited for this Gem contest... Boho in Prague has got me curious ... cant wait to see whats in the boxes.
:drool: :party:

CelticMyst (119751720)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 6476

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Ooooh! This sounds cool! I was in Prague 20 something years ago. Such a cool place! Great theme suggestion, Isla! I’m also disappointed that it’s tethered to a GE instead of a store theme. Sigh. I just hope this mini theme does the city justice.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18350
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby sandyJ (8639941) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm

this is at least the 3rd event i've gotten "The requested topic does not exist." when i click on the new Event icon LEARN MORE
(the icon where you collect the modular room).
why hasn't the forum link been working on those popups??? i would have thought this would have been fixed by now. i have to go out to the Discussions page and find the bvg event post.
sandyJ (8639941)
YoWorld Level: 371
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 322
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Always (112546669) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:28 pm

Congrats Isla! very cool suggestion :hug: the female hairs are cute, the male hairs are hmmm different lol :eh:
ImageImage
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 15117

Postby Bookworm J (129336295) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:21 pm

For just a minute we were getting floor and wall tiles in YoDepot to go with the gem event theme, is there a reason that stopped?

I really like this wallpaper for ESE2021 (also the EAU2021) but need wall and floor tiles to modify the shape of rooms

Bookworm J (129336295)
YoWorld Level: 380
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 3827
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby KAREN (186514636) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Please provide those of us who want to totally OPT OUT OF ALL GEM EVENTS the ability to do so. I don't want to be FORCED to do daily hangouts just to get the ANNOYING ICON OFF MY SCREEN every single day.

C'mon BVG.

KAREN (186514636)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 09, 2016

Forum Posts: 162
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:05 am

Some of the items I was wearing were not available to me in the outfit challenge just now! I wish I'd taken notes on what items, but I didn't. The skin and face and ears were there, it was clothing things.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82268478
BLM! Rodney King, Amadou Diallo, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Keith Lamont Scott, Alton Sterling, Stephon Clark, Freddie Gray, Breona Taylor, George Floyd! Those are just the ones I can name!

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 5364

Postby cherieanne (112842017) » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:00 am

Dressed myself up all pretty...submitted...said it was accepted...apparently not...today I went to check my score...it said i didn't submit it...SECOND time this has happened. Sigh....

cherieanne (112842017)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 120
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Peta April (2638410) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:53 am

Viking Andrew wrote:Hey YoFans!

It's a new month and that can only mean one thing... It's time for a new Gem Event!

Today we kick off the Boho Wonders Event!

Step 1: Hang Out :hug:
• Every day, complete Hang Out tasks to earn a free item and a token
• Optional bonus challenges will give you gems, too

Step 2: Participate in Challenges :party:
• Enter on the first day of each challenge
• Each challenge has requirements that must be met before submitting
• Meet the optional criteria to earn a rating boost!
• You can leave and come back to your creation at any time before submitting - be sure to come back before the deadline to hit the button so you're eligible for voting! (No edits will be permitted after submitting. If you start an entry but don't submit it, your items will be returned to your inventory no more than 24 hours after the end of that challenge)
• One default room will be available for decorating and two default outfits to choose from, male or female, when dressing up the Yo
• To vote, come back on the second day of each challenge
• You'll earn gems for voting a minimum of five times, but you can keep voting past that if you wish
• Collect results on the third day of each challenge. Your star rating is calculated based on how other YoFans have voted
• Any rating boosts will be added to your voting score
• Prizes for these challenges may include gems, YoCash, or even silver tokens! (More about these in Step 3 below)
• At the end of the event, all items used for your submissions are yours to keep
• Items and rooms will be given at the end of each challenge
• Outfit slots can be claimed at the end of the event

Step 3: Get Rewards! :gift:
• Open event chests using your gems
• These chests contain existing in-store, as well as new Boho In Prague.
• You'll receive one common item from the wooden chest, or one rare-or-better item from the mega chest
• To guarantee one brand new ESE2021 event exclusive item, take advantage of the magic chest! (These exclusive items are also available in the other two chests)
• Click on any unlocked item in the rewards tab to see the item name
• Silver tokens unlock even more cool prizes - your silver token progress can be seen at the top of the event pop-up
• You can trade YoCash for gems if you want to open more chests
• Check back frequently for updated daily deals and new tier deals!

NEW Feature For Events!
• Submission troubles got you down? Worry no more with the new Submission Confirmation pop-up!
• Once you've perfected your design and clicked "Submit", you'll be presented with a confirmation window
• Your completed room or outfit should appear in this pop-up

• If your completed design is showing and is correct, go ahead and click "Submit" to enter your design

• If your design is incorrect or not showing at all, clicking "Report Problem" will send all relevant information to our team for them to diagnose what may have happened
• This will help us fine-tune the submission process going forward to make the entire submission and voting experience better for everyone!

• Once the report has been automatically submitted, you can try to submit your design again, hopefully with a better outcome!
• The new Submission Confirmation applies to both Decor and Costume challenges!

As a Reminder...
• The Boho Wonders Event will be running from September 1st at 18:00 UTC to 18:00 PM UTC on September 30 th.
• Each day begins at 2 pm ET, which is now 18:00 game time (UTC)

If you have questions to ask or feedback to share, this is the place to do it!
:hug:

can't buy unicorn haberdasher box! and its been like this for HOURS! plz fix this and extend it for a day to make up for it! it will ensure your company makes more money!

Peta April (2638410)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 12, 2008

Forum Posts: 635
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Denna (10205906) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Bad timing for outfit challenge, new theme started today and there are no hairs to work with...
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 16935

Postby Tanvvi (112680259) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:25 am

Can we plz have a good house to decorate and put all the stuff in for the Boho Prague Theme.. Some of the event themes are really nice but no house for them.. It sometimes feels waste of things.. i have so much stuff from some amazing themes even from last year.. and it is so boring to buy same/regular house again and again for the event themes to decorate.. I think u need to give us an option of a house instead of just a room..

Thanks
Tanvvi (112680259)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Tanvvi (112680259) wrote:Can we plz have a good house to decorate and put all the stuff in for the Boho Prague Theme.. Some of the event themes are really nice but no house for them.. It sometimes feels waste of things.. i have so much stuff from some amazing themes even from last year.. and it is so boring to buy same/regular house again and again for the event themes to decorate.. I think u need to give us an option of a house instead of just a room..

Thanks

Better yet, they could just stop doing the gem events and put these themes in stores instead. And if they insist on continuing the gem events, maybe instead of these mini themes in them they could just make some extra items in them that could go with store themes. I don't see it happening, but I can't help but suggest this.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18350
Forum Title: YoAddict

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions