[ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:19 pm

TilliePOG (116696405) wrote::sleeping: That's what I'll be doing during this theme. At least I'll be saving YoCash and YoCoins! :thumbsup: That's right! Don't like o_o horror, haunted, spooky, etc. So I will be able to spend time decorating some of my empty :thumbsup: nice houses instead of working on the theme. So, for that, I say thank you. :) Have fun, everyone! I know I will! :D

Enjoy :) You have plenty to choose from, this had been the year of fluffy and safe themes. I am so jelly! I usually work on my older homes when a theme I don't like shows up, I have hated all this years themes though, so no new material to work with :( Nothing to do until I get some good dark and creepy material. So hopefully you are right and this is the theme for it.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 8810
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Vile (126579776) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:14 pm

I think I just found the only Yo pet I might ever actually pay for and use....... :love: :love: :love:

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 429
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 47271
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Nita (114766277) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:09 pm

I just want another 3 or 4 story house (haunted attic, haunted basement) but not so black and stuff. I want to be able to change walls, because the scariest places are those that look innocent but aren't. Not so obvious.

Nita (114766277)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 684
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby KimL (109577303) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:WTF? Why so many indoor rooms? What happened the horror camping? Why do we get 2 boring houses for HW?

Aside from that everything bloody and dark that has been posted is what I want in this theme. You already made me want to just not stick around with the house and theme reveal. Gothic could've been done anytime in the year :(

Why oh why wasn't gothic the fluff theme this year? We had so many darker suggestions that would've been better for the dark theme.

Also same as last one, I am happy for AG and hope it is what she envisioned. Just really feeling let down with the insane amount of indoor BS!

I agree with you! I too was looking forward to the camping theme just because it is different and we could do so much with an outdoor theme. I have so many haunted houses already! I too am happy for the person who came up with the idea but I really really really wanted that haunted camping theme!

KimL (109577303)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 45
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 pm

KimL (109577303) wrote:
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:WTF? Why so many indoor rooms? What happened the horror camping? Why do we get 2 boring houses for HW?

Aside from that everything bloody and dark that has been posted is what I want in this theme. You already made me want to just not stick around with the house and theme reveal. Gothic could've been done anytime in the year :(

Why oh why wasn't gothic the fluff theme this year? We had so many darker suggestions that would've been better for the dark theme.

Also same as last one, I am happy for AG and hope it is what she envisioned. Just really feeling let down with the insane amount of indoor BS!

I agree with you! I too was looking forward to the camping theme just because it is different and we could do so much with an outdoor theme. I have so many haunted houses already! I too am happy for the person who came up with the idea but I really really really wanted that haunted camping theme!

:hug: :hug: Aye, I wanted all those creepy outdoor items that would've come with the horror camp.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 8810

Postby Elyn (7955720) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:31 pm

Must have a parlour and a kitchen! Maybe servants quarters on a third level (either up or down). The foyer leading directly into the attic is strange.
Elyn (7955720)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 489
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:00 pm

I love this idea! I can finally fill my old gothic house better and I LOVE the layout on the new one. I hope the balcony is NOT round. Those are so annoying to decorate. Please give us a balcony facing the same direction as the furniture and make the furniture scale to the balcony. We don't want monster-sized furniture in a tiny space. :heart: :heart:

CorynlovesYo (128085339)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 635

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:06 pm

Re: Nursery items-I would like a spooky baby/ghost baby or cute werewolf baby etc but I would also really really like a cute baby in JUST SPOOKY CLOTHES. like black and white PJs...and a pointy cap. BUT one with no blood or gore, just a spooky outfit like a normal Halloween-style baby. I want a black crib with NO WEBS. I would like to add my own webs if I want to spookify it, please. MAKE SPOOKIFYING optional, please. I like more versatile items so I can choose to use them in other homes too, not just HW homes. An Animated walking baby would be fab!!!! Please don't make the cribs teeny :)
More black and white striped furniture, please. The Beetlegeuse style furniture we got a few years back was amazing. I would love more like it.

CorynlovesYo (128085339)

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:07 pm

Snacc Corleone (138084059) wrote:
xxxxxxxx (187787113) wrote:can we get a haunted version of the painting from the clothing store on yoworld?

Did you want something like this?:

https://imgur.com/a/qH15ztR

great idea

CorynlovesYo (128085339)

Postby Butterfly (111936444) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:27 am

Image :rose:
Butterfly (111936444)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 20148
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Nita (114766277) wrote:I just want another 3 or 4 story house (haunted attic, haunted basement) but not so black and stuff. I want to be able to change walls, because the scariest places are those that look innocent but aren't. Not so obvious.

yes please make ALL the walls and floors changeable :heart:
Image Image

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 9132

Postby Grand Viking Nicki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 am

Hey hey hey! Cat tax for busting in with game chat.

This is your last chance to put in suggestions for Haunted Gothic House decor! :devil: :night: :thumbsup:

If you put suggestions for dark decor in the Country Style Halloween thread, it may be missed, so please feel free to add it to this thread, or inside the individual room suggestion threads if you think your ideas belong somewhere specific!

Individual Room threads:

We are also looking for suggestions for a Playground and a Garden Cemetery!

Grand Viking Nicki
YoWorld Level: 297

Forum Posts: 419
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 am

Cemetary! How about a tombstone that says "I told you I was sick!" as one option? Below are some Victorian graves that I think would fit in with this house. Some would at least. Posting several for varied angles and differences.

Maybe have it raise its head and listen, or its eyes glint from time to time?

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82268478
BLM! Rodney King, Amadou Diallo, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Keith Lamont Scott, Alton Sterling, Stephon Clark, Freddie Gray, Breona Taylor, George Floyd! Those are just the ones I can name!

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 5375
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:30 am

Playground! You'd have to use different colors on these but I think these are creepy!

BLM! Rodney King, Amadou Diallo, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Keith Lamont Scott, Alton Sterling, Stephon Clark, Freddie Gray, Breona Taylor, George Floyd! Those are just the ones I can name!

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 pm

Posting for face gem placements! Right down the center of the nose/middle of the forehead! NOT offcenter!

The hat! And makeup!

That hat! :drool:

I posted a mask in the general Halloween ideas topic similar to this, I still think there needs to be some blood/tissue around the edge(s?) this to make it more realistic...

This gown though! :drool: Not much for the paint instead of gloves, (It doesn't look good at all!) we'd need sheer black gloves that cover what the paint does with this.

Posting to show clean lines and nice countouring! As well as the symmetrical beauty marks! You could do this look with deep purple or dark dark (almost black at some points) sapphires too. You'd have to go with a silvery eye shimmer at the corners for sapphire shades though.

Posting to show dark sapphire colors. The left hand one is what I mean. There are black sapphires though.

Editing to add this take on a female Beetlejuice! It's just enough of a nod but not a copy!

Edit 2: Adding for colors!

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:11 pm

This idea might give players the option of choosing whether to have a cemetery or a poison garden...or both. :D

Something I would like for the outdoors is a gate with a Poison Garden sign, similar to this one at the Alnwick Poison Garden in England:
And, of course, a variety of poisonous plants to put in the garden, such as hemlock, foxglove, deadly nightshade...
If the haunted house is meant to look abandoned, there could also be vines, thorn bushes and so forth. And maybe a fountain, possibly overgrown.

And a ghostly apparition, or two, to wander in the garden and/or cemetery.

Cemetery garden? Garden cemetery? win/win :thumbsup:
When life gives you a dumpster fire, roast marshmallows.

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 4353
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions