[ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:00 am

OMG SHOES (2131112) wrote:
Venom (126579776) wrote:I have one overriding comment that supersedes all others for me -

GO HEAVY ON THE "HAUNTED" AND LET THE "GOTHIC" BE THE BACKGROUND FOR IT

Don't just make us a gothic styled couch and be done with it. Infuse it with haunt. Haunt haunt haunt. It's not a haunted house unless you guys give us stuff to haunt it with. My pics later on will be all about HAUNTED and rarely be about GOTHIC.

;)

This!!! My favorite Halloween theme of all time was 2010 'cause we had so many cool animated and interactive furniture that really took the haunted aspect to the next level.

Same :thumbsup: For Halloween I like paranormal ( ghosts, shadow people, cryptids, poltergeists). I also love the ideas of fantasy blood lakes, dark forests (black trees)and old cemeteries. Hauntingly beautiful. :love:
I personally am not into the killer part of Halloween because if anything that also is everyday stuff now. :sad: Tried to watch TV yesterday and every 6 out of 10 channels was rl murder. o_o I'm not opposed to those wanting that kind of stuff though. :idea:
Image
User avatar

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 13609
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Yozone

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:
Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:First I want to say I am so excited!! I want a big spooky house! I appreciate those who voted for this theme, thank you!

I am so happy to have the attic and balcony and I think those would be awesome rooms to haunt. Like others, I am not super fond of the idea of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms......I was playing around with the idea in my head a bit and to be honest I was surprised to see such a big house. Ideally, in my crazy Halloweenie Head I would love to see a layout like this:

Image

I understand the limitations of a 2-week theme. Thanks, Nicki, for explaining it! I am wondering if it would be possible to combine some of the releases, to give us more outdoor options. I was playing around with the idea of rooms that could be combined based on type of items used and here is what I came up with:

1. Front Entrance and Side Garden/Cemetary (all outdoor items)

2. Foyer/Hallway (furniture and decorative)

3. Nursery/Haunted Playground (All Children items)

4. Kitchen

5. Study

6. Bedroom/ Bathroom

7. Attic/Balcony

I am not sure if this would work but maybe we can suggest items that would be essential for those rooms and they could also be supplemented with exclusive items. I understand if it is not possible, but we do love our outdoor spaces, but a Haunted House also needs to have interior rooms to haunt as well.

Here is the larger version of the pictures: It is hard to find exactly what you envision in your mind, but the palettes should all make sense together. These were just the feel of the spaces, darker and creepy


First I want to say so happy for you AG! :hug: I love haunted anything. :love: I love this layout. I would say though I would want the cemetery and front to be by themselves. Just because of the lack of outdoor areas so we could get more awesome out door items. I would say stick the study in with foyer and hall and they could focus more on the study and foyer because you can stick anything in the hall really. Honestly out of homes the hall and bathrooms are the rooms I really hate doing.




Thanks, Snap!! That was just me throwing it together after I first saw the layout.....you know me, I want all the outdoor stuff I can get as they are my favorite rooms. I just know this theme has so much potential and can't wait to see how it turns out. Hopefully, something can be worked around to give us some versatile items that could be used in the study, hall, and foyer...... :heart:

I was tired last night but slept on it and thought of this. :haha: :haha:I borrowed your layout and just made 2 little changes. I removed the hall and slid the study over and added in a back that could go out to a blood lake. :love: I mean what says haunting more than your water turning to blood right? :D
Image


Being as it has to stay at 7 releases it could be...
House front and cemetary
Nursery and play ground
kitchen
bedroom and bathroom
Foyer and study
attic and balcony
back yard Lake area
Image
User avatar
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12955
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Never-never land

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:05 am

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:
Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:
Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:First I want to say I am so excited!! I want a big spooky house! I appreciate those who voted for this theme, thank you!

I am so happy to have the attic and balcony and I think those would be awesome rooms to haunt. Like others, I am not super fond of the idea of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms......I was playing around with the idea in my head a bit and to be honest I was surprised to see such a big house. Ideally, in my crazy Halloweenie Head I would love to see a layout like this:

Image

I understand the limitations of a 2-week theme. Thanks, Nicki, for explaining it! I am wondering if it would be possible to combine some of the releases, to give us more outdoor options. I was playing around with the idea of rooms that could be combined based on type of items used and here is what I came up with:

1. Front Entrance and Side Garden/Cemetary (all outdoor items)

2. Foyer/Hallway (furniture and decorative)

3. Nursery/Haunted Playground (All Children items)

4. Kitchen

5. Study

6. Bedroom/ Bathroom

7. Attic/Balcony

I am not sure if this would work but maybe we can suggest items that would be essential for those rooms and they could also be supplemented with exclusive items. I understand if it is not possible, but we do love our outdoor spaces, but a Haunted House also needs to have interior rooms to haunt as well.

Here is the larger version of the pictures: It is hard to find exactly what you envision in your mind, but the palettes should all make sense together. These were just the feel of the spaces, darker and creepy


First I want to say so happy for you AG! :hug: I love haunted anything. :love: I love this layout. I would say though I would want the cemetery and front to be by themselves. Just because of the lack of outdoor areas so we could get more awesome out door items. I would say stick the study in with foyer and hall and they could focus more on the study and foyer because you can stick anything in the hall really. Honestly out of homes the hall and bathrooms are the rooms I really hate doing.




Thanks, Snap!! That was just me throwing it together after I first saw the layout.....you know me, I want all the outdoor stuff I can get as they are my favorite rooms. I just know this theme has so much potential and can't wait to see how it turns out. Hopefully, something can be worked around to give us some versatile items that could be used in the study, hall, and foyer...... :heart:

I was tired last night but slept on it and thought of this. :haha: :haha:I borrowed your layout and just made 2 little changes. I removed the hall and slid the study over and added in a back that could go out to a blood lake. :love: I mean what says haunting more than your water turning to blood right? :D
Image


Being as it has to stay at 7 releases it could be...
House front and cemetary
Nursery and play ground
kitchen
bedroom and bathroom
Foyer and study
attic and balcony
back yard Lake area




I love it!!! :D For me personally, this would be ideal. I love outdoor rooms best! They make awesome outdoor stuff as well! Annnnnnnd, this would give Skylar (and many of us) who would love a blood lake! Even better would be if they sold the outdoor rooms separately for other projects!
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop
User avatar
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 15022
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Halloween Town

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:11 am

Maybe since Nicki told us to provide ideas for rooms for possible changes we could get another thread in Contest forum for alternative room suggestions. :)
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop
User avatar
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 15022
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Halloween Town

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby joanne (113977671) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:15 am

Even a Gothic House should have a kitchen. Furnishings should contain a lot of black, with red and purple accents. Also a lot of candles for wall and tabletops.
User avatar

joanne (113977671)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 13, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:33 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:Maybe since Nicki told us to provide ideas for rooms for possible changes we could get another thread in Contest forum for alternative room suggestions. :)

Yea I was a bit confused on how to go about it. :?:
Image
User avatar
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12955
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Never-never land

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Ava (128375209) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:55 am

I love the first house. The cloud covered moon would be great, an iron fence, and dead trees. Definitely needs a kitchen, and dining room. Flickering lights and candles would be good too.
User avatar
Ava (128375209)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Alisa WYID (108041989) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:12 am

How about a Biblical Theme? Dressing up in costumes from that era. I am SO SICK off blood, evil, violence etc in your Halloween Themes.......
User avatar

Alisa WYID (108041989)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 23
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Vile (126579776) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:22 am

Alisa WYID (108041989) wrote:How about a Biblical Theme? Dressing up in costumes from that era. I am SO SICK off blood, evil, violence etc in your Halloween Themes.......

If they tried this, there'd be blood, evil, and violence............and it would have nothing to do with the theme. LOL

t's full of blood, evil, and violence. If they wanted to cover the 10 plagues in Egypt, I'd be ok with that for a Halloween theme. Or they could cover Samson's death and destruction of Gath. Or they could do the fall of Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels? Or shoot let's go all out and cover the end of days as Revelation describes them. The Bible isn't just a bunch of people in robes herding sheep and listening to stories. It's a violent narrative with millions of documented deaths and the greatest evils known to man. Yep there's a positive narrative within it as well, but to cover the Bible correctly, would be nearly impossible.
Image

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
User avatar
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47268
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:40 am

Alisa WYID (108041989) wrote:How about a Biblical Theme? Dressing up in costumes from that era. I am SO SICK off blood, evil, violence etc in your Halloween Themes.......



Welcome to the forum! I requested a "Religions Around the World" theme before that I think would be very interesting. There is a New Theme Suggestion thread in the top section. Maybe you could expand on what you would like to see in the theme! Good Luck! :)
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop
User avatar
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 15022
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Halloween Town

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Ashen (127118376) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:15 am

Venom (126579776) wrote:I have one overriding comment that supersedes all others for me -

GO HEAVY ON THE "HAUNTED" AND LET THE "GOTHIC" BE THE BACKGROUND FOR IT

Don't just make us a gothic styled couch and be done with it. Infuse it with haunt. Haunt haunt haunt. It's not a haunted house unless you guys give us stuff to haunt it with. My pics later on will be all about HAUNTED and rarely be about GOTHIC.

;)


This!! Haunted and scary/creepy!! :thumbsup: :drool:
Image
User avatar
Ashen (127118376)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5981
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Muahaha Land

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Venom (126579776) wrote:
Alisa WYID (108041989) wrote:How about a Biblical Theme? Dressing up in costumes from that era. I am SO SICK off blood, evil, violence etc in your Halloween Themes.......

If they tried this, there'd be blood, evil, and violence............and it would have nothing to do with the theme. LOL

t's full of blood, evil, and violence. If they wanted to cover the 10 plagues in Egypt, I'd be ok with that for a Halloween theme. Or they could cover Samson's death and destruction of Gath. Or they could do the fall of Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels? Or shoot let's go all out and cover the end of days as Revelation describes them. The Bible isn't just a bunch of people in robes herding sheep and listening to stories. It's a violent narrative with millions of documented deaths and the greatest evils known to man. Yep there's a positive narrative within it as well, but to cover the Bible correctly, would be nearly impossible.


Thank you Rod! Also I would love to know where all these cool themes these newbies keep complaining about are? I must've missed them.
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8810
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
Alisa WYID (108041989) wrote:How about a Biblical Theme? Dressing up in costumes from that era. I am SO SICK off blood, evil, violence etc in your Halloween Themes.......



Welcome to the forum! I requested a "Religions Around the World" theme before that I think would be very interesting. There is a New Theme Suggestion thread in the top section. Maybe you could expand on what you would like to see in the theme! Good Luck! :)


I also thought that would be a cool theme. As long as they gave equal releases to all over and not focused on one. I think it would be a fun theme. Obviously not for HW LOL!
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8810
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:14 pm

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:I was tired last night but slept on it and thought of this. :haha: :haha:I borrowed your layout and just made 2 little changes. I removed the hall and slid the study over and added in a back that could go out to a blood lake. :love: I mean what says haunting more than your water turning to blood right? :D
Image


Being as it has to stay at 7 releases it could be...
House front and cemetary
Nursery and play ground
kitchen
bedroom and bathroom
Foyer and study
attic and balcony
back yard Lake area


Holy sh*tballs yes! I would be a drooling fangirl demanding they hurry up and release it, if this was the house they presented! You rock, thank you! Been a really rough time here and I was looking forward to HW so much. It was like a literal slap in face when I first read this one. Not because I hate goth either, I was just so sad over the lack of outdoor attention. I knew it would mean less outdoor items. :hug: :hug: :heart:
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8810
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Vile (126579776) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:22 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Venom (126579776) wrote:
Alisa WYID (108041989) wrote:How about a Biblical Theme? Dressing up in costumes from that era. I am SO SICK off blood, evil, violence etc in your Halloween Themes.......

If they tried this, there'd be blood, evil, and violence............and it would have nothing to do with the theme. LOL

t's full of blood, evil, and violence. If they wanted to cover the 10 plagues in Egypt, I'd be ok with that for a Halloween theme. Or they could cover Samson's death and destruction of Gath. Or they could do the fall of Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels? Or shoot let's go all out and cover the end of days as Revelation describes them. The Bible isn't just a bunch of people in robes herding sheep and listening to stories. It's a violent narrative with millions of documented deaths and the greatest evils known to man. Yep there's a positive narrative within it as well, but to cover the Bible correctly, would be nearly impossible.


Thank you Rod! Also I would love to know where all these cool themes these newbies keep complaining about are? I must've missed them.

It's become cool to use the "Dark" concept to trash every theme players don't enjoy. If they didn't like it, it was just evil and reprehensible and underneath the Dark Bus it goes, and it doesn't matter how vanilla it was.

My favorite thing to do is pull out the running theme list and throw reality into their fabrications. When they see that 31 or 32 out 36 themes over the last 12 months were Bubblegum Princess Candy Mountain Castle, they quit squawking pretty quickly. And God forbid I challenge them to suggest some themes they'd like to see that #1 Haven't Been Done and #2 Would Actually Sell. They shut the pie hole pretty quickly after that. I guess it's just easier to trash stuff than it is to try to help make it better.

;)
Image

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
User avatar
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47268
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:37 pm

Venom (126579776) wrote:
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Venom (126579776) wrote:
Alisa WYID (108041989) wrote:How about a Biblical Theme? Dressing up in costumes from that era. I am SO SICK off blood, evil, violence etc in your Halloween Themes.......

If they tried this, there'd be blood, evil, and violence............and it would have nothing to do with the theme. LOL

t's full of blood, evil, and violence. If they wanted to cover the 10 plagues in Egypt, I'd be ok with that for a Halloween theme. Or they could cover Samson's death and destruction of Gath. Or they could do the fall of Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels? Or shoot let's go all out and cover the end of days as Revelation describes them. The Bible isn't just a bunch of people in robes herding sheep and listening to stories. It's a violent narrative with millions of documented deaths and the greatest evils known to man. Yep there's a positive narrative within it as well, but to cover the Bible correctly, would be nearly impossible.


Thank you Rod! Also I would love to know where all these cool themes these newbies keep complaining about are? I must've missed them.

It's become cool to use the "Dark" concept to trash every theme players don't enjoy. If they didn't like it, it was just evil and reprehensible and underneath the Dark Bus it goes, and it doesn't matter how vanilla it was.

My favorite thing to do is pull out the running theme list and throw reality into their fabrications. When they see that 31 or 32 out 36 themes over the last 12 months were Bubblegum Princess Candy Mountain Castle, they quit squawking pretty quickly. And God forbid I challenge them to suggest some themes they'd like to see that #1 Haven't Been Done and #2 Would Actually Sell. They shut the pie hole pretty quickly after that. I guess it's just easier to trash stuff than it is to try to help make it better.

;)

Well I agree all these flowerpuffery themes we have gotten all year have been evil. So, hmmmmm LOL!
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8810
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Frankie (121463710) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:42 pm

I have been suggesting in the new theme suggestions and polls for years ... various versions of new outdoor Full Screen avenues. (Preferably coin - if we could afford more avenues - we are more likely to buy more Yo$ and Yo coin items to put in them. )

For most themes - I end up with extra outdoor items or over sized items that really don't fit in the yard - so I do an avenue. Sometimes the FULL SCREEN, but generally not. (Most of the full screen has items that take too much time to block, and then the items won't place correctly. )

If we had these blank outdoor spaces we could use them for extra outdoor spaces - both dark, Halloween, frilly, or whatever the theme is, or what people want to create.

Like a blank day time canvas, a day time canvas, ... and a day and night canvas for the four seasons.

Just thought I would throw it in here to see if it could get some traction.

Think of the possibilities if you had a large full screen place for the full moon, spooky trees, bats, wolves, ... etc.

I know it has nothing to do with this particular house, but think of the possibilities in addition to this house.

It is a decorator's dream. IMO.
User avatar

Frankie (121463710)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 13, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 357
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:58 pm

I love the Layout from AG what i love even more are the pictures to each room, they are dark and just right. That's the kind of stuff we need to get for Halloween.
Image

Always be yourself and don't worry about what others think. Always make sure you surround yourself with people that bring something positive into your life
User avatar

xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5030
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: At the corner of Doom & Gloom

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:17 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
User avatar
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 267
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 14744
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Haunted Gothic House Theme Brief

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Is this where we post fashion requests? :eh:

Whole outfits!

Image


Image

Image

Image

Note: This outfit has a shirt with a long sleeveless coat/vest!
Image

Image

Just the dress/top/skirt please!

Image

Image

Image

All of this please! Skirt, stockings, SOCKS, and shoes!
Image

All of this please, top, shawl, necklaces!
Image
Last edited by Katherine (121079165) on Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82268478
BLM! Rodney King, Amadou Diallo, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Keith Lamont Scott, Alton Sterling, Stephon Clark, Freddie Gray, Breona Taylor, George Floyd! Those are just the ones I can name!
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5375
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Here?

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions