[ANNOUNCEMENT] Country Style Halloween Theme Brief

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Country Style Halloween Theme Brief

Postby AUSSIE TERRI (8358992) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:34 pm

HALLOWEEN SUCKS! HATE IT!!! :( :devil: :wailing:

AUSSIE TERRI (8358992)
YoWorld Level: 379
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 12
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Vile (126579776) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:44 pm

AUSSIE TERRI (8358992) wrote:HALLOWEEN SUCKS! HATE IT!!! :( :devil: :wailing:

You are gonna have fun in here. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 429
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 47271
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby EXQ2 (126708002) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:16 pm

Here's a suggestion I just found....maybe this can be an extension , attachment to a house of castle.........https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=61269351

EXQ2 (126708002)
YoWorld Level: 301

Forum Posts: 55
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm

Grinner (126579776) wrote:
AUSSIE TERRI (8358992) wrote:HALLOWEEN SUCKS! HATE IT!!! :( :devil: :wailing:

You are gonna have fun in here. :thumbsup:

It amazes me how people act over a post with the name halloween in the theme. If i would do that with every theme i don't like or go crazy over all the themes i skip throughout the year i would feel very silly. I wonder what those people did during Zynga times, because we never got any cutesy themes during halloween back then :phew:
If you don't like a theme why can't they do like the rest of us that skip most themes all year round, just work on old projects or do your own thing, it's just that simple.
Not all of us want to or need to pretend that life is all about unicorns and rainbows.

Always be yourself and don't worry about what others think. Always make sure you surround yourself with people that bring something positive into your life

xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 5030
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Flori (156223654) wrote:
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:
FILTHY (152622928) wrote:
Lord Throbber (126579776) wrote:I slept on it. It didn't help. :nerd:

Edgy
Sinister
Evil
Frightening
Desolate
Broken
Haunting
Ghastly
Macabre

I don't see any of these words relating to Nanny's Fall Barn Jamboree. I just can't believe you guys are wasting 2 weeks of Halloween on this. You can't run Halloween on a popular vote in Yo, because the people who buy the sad stuff all year long, just want more sad stuff. So they vote for this kind of theme as a Halloween theme. And it's not. At all.

You haven't CLEARLY laid out where this Halloween is headed. In other words, if you have a real HALLOWEEN theme that you are going to do, I'd suggest you offer it up ASAP. Because I'm not wasting an ounce of energy on this church festival. You might as well call it Shabby Shriek 2 and stop pretending.

I don't want quilted hay bales with apple cider, pumpkins, and grandpa playing the guitar in the twilight while cute puppies and children in sheets dance around the October Pole tossing candy at each other. At all. None of it.

I want wraiths whirling through a vortex of inky smoke as they feed on the souls of terrified zombies that have been enslaved by a necromancer who is using them to capture the living for use in arcane sacrifices under the moon of the Blood Keep.

Why is Halloween so difficult every damn year? Please stop shoveling nanny pixels YEAR AROUND. I appreciated the Realm Of Shadows fantasy theme, but that's it. Period. ALL YEAR. I get one window where nanny shouldn't get priority. I don't even understand why I care about this game at all anymore. I try to be patient. I try to find other things to do to pass the time. And then this.

So yeah, I'm ticked off. I'm not even sorry about my tone. You guys need to understand just how frustrating this nonsense is to players like me. I stand up for you and encourage other players to just be patient when something isn't for them. Well this isn't for me. My expectations are elsewhere. Nicki's post is too generically nebulous. I want the SAME TREATMENT this theme is getting for something that is ACTUALLY Halloween.

*deletes half of my words*
*smdh*

Yes!! This!!

When I searched for 'Country Style Halloween' items all I found was shabby shriek, just under a different name.

:thumbsup: It is Shabby Chic country edition. :nerd:

I agree! There are 11 months of the year for people to indulge in nice, sweet cute items. Halloween is no time for Shabby Chic and painting items bright orange doesn't make them Halloween. You've showed us in 2015, 16, and 17 that you can make real Halloween items. When decorating for a holiday, why not decorate for people that actually like the holiday? Spending weeks of what should be Halloween on a bright orange country theme is baffling. All of the players who like Halloween got shunned last year when you guys decided to instead of giving us a full Halloween, you gave us pink Shabby items. For the many of us that look forward to Halloween every year, it was extremely disappointing. There is plenty of time for country fall items in September and November. October is Halloween. Please give us a real, scary and haunted Halloween and make up for giving us pink items during a time that should have been Halloween last October. We need scary, we need dark. We need things that go bump in the night, monsters under the bed and things that make us want to sleep with the lights on. Please don't disappoint us. We need a real Halloween with more than a few crumbs. Please make it happen!

Exactly! :hug:
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 12955
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:50 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Principal Rod (126579776) wrote:I should have said this way back at the beginning, but I was out of my head with frustration.......

Miss Sonia this is a wonderful theme for you and anyone who will enjoy it. My critical thoughts are related to my selfish desire for something else at Halloween. This is not my cup of tea (obviously!), but that doesn't excuse my oversight in running this one down. It's not that this is a bad theme - at all. It's just not what I'd expect for my version of Halloween.

I hope whatever BVG does with this theme is even better than what you hoped it would be. Truly.

I can be an ass when I get ruffled, and for that I apologize. :heart:

I forget where I said it earlier, but I agree, it's not a bad theme. Sounds fun for fall. Just not for HW theme. :(
Oh and whoever said fall and HW were the same, umm no they are most definitely not. If you have ever been in an everything is evil cult before you would know that. Fall is ok, HW is of the devil LOL! :haha: :haha:

:thumbsup: Exactly! Like Sky I also said somewhere the theme was a nice theme. I think it would be a perfect leading into Halloween. It is just not Halloween. :)

Postby Ashen (127118376) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:06 pm

Flori (156223654) wrote:
FILTHY (152622928) wrote:
Lord Throbber (126579776) wrote:I slept on it. It didn't help. :nerd:

Edgy
Sinister
Evil
Frightening
Desolate
Broken
Haunting
Ghastly
Macabre

I don't see any of these words relating to Nanny's Fall Barn Jamboree. I just can't believe you guys are wasting 2 weeks of Halloween on this. You can't run Halloween on a popular vote in Yo, because the people who buy the sad stuff all year long, just want more sad stuff. So they vote for this kind of theme as a Halloween theme. And it's not. At all.

You haven't CLEARLY laid out where this Halloween is headed. In other words, if you have a real HALLOWEEN theme that you are going to do, I'd suggest you offer it up ASAP. Because I'm not wasting an ounce of energy on this church festival. You might as well call it Shabby Shriek 2 and stop pretending.

I don't want quilted hay bales with apple cider, pumpkins, and grandpa playing the guitar in the twilight while cute puppies and children in sheets dance around the October Pole tossing candy at each other. At all. None of it.

I want wraiths whirling through a vortex of inky smoke as they feed on the souls of terrified zombies that have been enslaved by a necromancer who is using them to capture the living for use in arcane sacrifices under the moon of the Blood Keep.

Why is Halloween so difficult every damn year? Please stop shoveling nanny pixels YEAR AROUND. I appreciated the Realm Of Shadows fantasy theme, but that's it. Period. ALL YEAR. I get one window where nanny shouldn't get priority. I don't even understand why I care about this game at all anymore. I try to be patient. I try to find other things to do to pass the time. And then this.

So yeah, I'm ticked off. I'm not even sorry about my tone. You guys need to understand just how frustrating this nonsense is to players like me. I stand up for you and encourage other players to just be patient when something isn't for them. Well this isn't for me. My expectations are elsewhere. Nicki's post is too generically nebulous. I want the SAME TREATMENT this theme is getting for something that is ACTUALLY Halloween.

*deletes half of my words*
*smdh*

Yes!! This!!

When I searched for 'Country Style Halloween' items all I found was shabby shriek, just under a different name.

:thumbsup: It is Shabby Chic country edition. :nerd:

I agree! There are 11 months of the year for people to indulge in nice, sweet cute items. Halloween is no time for Shabby Chic and painting items bright orange doesn't make them Halloween. You've showed us in 2015, 16, and 17 that you can make real Halloween items. When decorating for a holiday, why not decorate for people that actually like the holiday? Spending weeks of what should be Halloween on a bright orange country theme is baffling. All of the players who like Halloween got shunned last year when you guys decided to instead of giving us a full Halloween, you gave us pink Shabby items. For the many of us that look forward to Halloween every year, it was extremely disappointing. There is plenty of time for country fall items in September and November. October is Halloween. Please give us a real, scary and haunted Halloween and make up for giving us pink items during a time that should have been Halloween last October. We need scary, we need dark. We need things that go bump in the night, monsters under the bed and things that make us want to sleep with the lights on. Please don't disappoint us. We need a real Halloween with more than a few crumbs. Please make it happen!

:thumbsup: :trophy: :thumbsup:

Ashen (127118376)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 5981

Postby Ashen (127118376) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Principal Rod (126579776) wrote:I should have said this way back at the beginning, but I was out of my head with frustration.......

Miss Sonia this is a wonderful theme for you and anyone who will enjoy it. My critical thoughts are related to my selfish desire for something else at Halloween. This is not my cup of tea (obviously!), but that doesn't excuse my oversight in running this one down. It's not that this is a bad theme - at all. It's just not what I'd expect for my version of Halloween.

I hope whatever BVG does with this theme is even better than what you hoped it would be. Truly.

I forget where I said it earlier, but I agree, it's not a bad theme. Sounds fun for fall. Just not for HW theme. :(
Oh and whoever said fall and HW were the same, umm no they are most definitely not. If you have ever been in an everything is evil cult before you would know that. Fall is ok, HW is of the devil LOL! :haha: :haha:

:thumbsup: Exactly! Like Sky I also said somewhere the theme was a nice theme. I think it would be a perfect leading into Halloween. It is just not Halloween. :)

Yes totally agree with you guys here!! Lovely theme as an entrée, just not as the main course for Halloweeners. :thumbsup: :rose:
Ashen (127118376)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 5981

Postby PaGaN (185742643) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:59 pm

Praying for the GOTHIC HALLOWEEN THEME..........NOT THAT COUNTRY ONE PLEASE
PaGaN (185742643)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 17, 2014

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Isla (2518852) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 am

Ashen (127118376) wrote:

Yes totally agree with you guys here!! Lovely theme as an entrée, just not as the main course for Halloweeners. :thumbsup: :rose:

Agree with the both of you 100%. I can think of a million really nice ways to decorate a decent barn but Halloween isn't necessarily one of them. You really could only make a horror barn out of it and make it work properly for the Halloween holiday, and my inference is that they really were wanting this to not be the dark theme.

At this point I'm just hoping they give me a barn I can use for a little bit of everything: a great outdoor space and indoor home that can be used for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter... just anything I want to decorate it with. They're looking at the barn as a renovated home obviously and not an actual country barn: which is funny to me given the name of the theme. So, that's all I can hope for at this point.

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 2430
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:33 am

I would respectfully like to ask those designing this theme to please, in spite of the house, please make this an actual Halloween theme. I don't care if you add everything cute you can find Halloween-related, please don't make this a Shabby barn theme and add pumpkins. Please make this Halloween. :heart:
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 15022
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:43 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:I would respectfully like to ask those designing this theme to please, in spite of the house, please make this an actual Halloween theme. I don't care if you add everything cute you can find Halloween-related, please don't make this a Shabby barn theme and add pumpkins. Please make this Halloween. :heart:

Yes it is still suppose to be a Halloween theme as well even if it is not a dark one. Keep it Halloween! :thumbsup:

Postby Vile (126579776) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:49 pm

If I get quilts on hay bales, somebody is gonna pay. :grr :haha:

Vile (126579776)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:36 pm

Shriveltits (126579776) wrote:If I get quilts on hay bales, somebody is gonna pay. :grr :haha:

You enjoyed the quilts on my hay bales....stop lying! :shocked: Maybe lacy doilies on hay bales instead? :idea:
Image Image
Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Vile (126579776) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:39 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
Shriveltits (126579776) wrote:If I get quilts on hay bales, somebody is gonna pay. :grr :haha:

You enjoyed the quilts on my hay bales....stop lying! :shocked: Maybe lacy doilies on hay bales instead? :idea:

I hope they cover the barn in pink pumpkin doilies and make a scarecrow in a pink doily tux. I can't wait.....

Vile (126579776)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:45 pm

Shriveltits (126579776) wrote:

I hope they cover the barn in pink pumpkin doilies and make a scarecrow in a pink doily tux. I can't wait.....

Image Image
Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Vile (126579776) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:52 pm

You think we're safe from them taking our silly ideas and turning them into actual eye burners yet? :haha:

I need a mummy that says "Live Laugh Love". :shocked: :dizzy: :haha:

Vile (126579776)

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:01 pm

You think we're safe from them taking our silly ideas and turning them into actual eye burners yet? :haha:

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:15 pm

:haha: :haha: :haha:
Image Image
Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Isla (2518852) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:22 pm

:dizzy: Joaquin Phoenix is the only redeeming and acceptable part of this photo trail. :thumbsup:

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 2430
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions