Question about Vaulting... Please answer BVG

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Question about Vaulting... Please answer BVG

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:34 am

i just want to know if the vaulting is going to continue to be back to back now... and also if vaulting all the homes is going to be a new thing too? if this is the way the game is going then im sorry to say im leaving. this constant vaulting now without a break is just too much. you are killing the game for decorators because you don't save enough of the staple decor items. im an outdoor decorator and i feel for people who keep asking for indoor items to be saved too and they are ignored. the last theme everyone agreed the maple tree should be saved and there was a big stuff up with 3 old maples from JJ2018 being listed. these 3 were taken away and just the YC cherry tree saved which no-one asked for. you didn't save the coin cherries or the massively used maple one. it's pretty obvious whoever makes these decisions does not actually play the game like we do. and now taking away the homes. this one i don't care about as i didn't buy it as i don't like it. i do however like and use other old homes as i don't like hardly any of the new ones. you have also not done anything or even plan to do anything with our inventories. just filling up our inventories with all this vaulting stuff is getting out of hand and causing so much lag. some people don't like filling up storage homes because its a chore when decorating to have to stop and go retrieve stuff from storage homes and then carry on. i feel the game has changed so much and is just a money grab now. not for me im afraid and all i do now is log on, do the daily stuff, fill up storage homes and check through the vault stuff a bit at a time and go :nerd:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 22000
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Re: Question about Vaulting... Please answer BVG

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:16 am

I'm with you. If the plan is to continue vaulting themes, one after another like this, it may drive me to leave the game too. So much vaulting is not good at all for us decorators.

Viking Maverick just posted in this thread that the YoValley homes won't be vaulted after all.
Last edited by Serenity Now (6134566) on Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name...

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 4026
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Isla (2518852) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:22 am

I would definitely like a break from it all. Especially once the player designs start rolling out. It will be too much to keep up with. I'm not going to quit because of it, but it is very tedious and time consuming to stock up, do the gem events, etc. I haven't decorated a home or even an avenue in a couple of months now. With the Oz theme I'm itching to, but haven't had time. This YoValley Estates is really large theme to vault as well.

Would just rather have a breath and option to design a room or home every now and again. That's what I actually enjoy doing. Taking away from that does also take away from some of the fun and creativity.

Would also rather only 1 theme vault per month: 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 1792
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 am

Isla (2518852) wrote:I would definitely like a break from it all. Especially once the player designs start rolling out. It will be too much to keep up with. I'm not going to quit because of it, but it is very tedious and time consuming to stock up, do the gem events, etc. I haven't decorated a home or even an avenue in a couple of months now. With the Oz theme I'm itching to, but haven't had time. This YoValley Estates is really large theme to vault as well.

Would just rather have a breath and option to design a room or home every now and again. That's what I actually enjoy doing. Taking away from that does also take away from some of the fun and creativity.

I agree with everything you said, Isla. IF we have to keep vaulting, it shouldn't be more than 1 theme a month. And I was just thinking the other day that I sure hope they don't choose YoValley Estates next because it's got some very nice core items that I constantly use. I am very upset about those shag rugs -- the best in game for their size, especially the beige one. I have used the pink one often as well.

I feel like a big part of how I play this game is being targeted constantly. I am certainly going to be withdrawing my financial support as soon as I have stocked up on YE items. I may also drop VIP as I'm unhappy with it.

Every two weeks it's another sucker punch to the gut. :wailing:
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 19329
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:47 am

Serenity Now (6134566) wrote:I'm with you. If the plan is to continue vaulting themes, one after another like this, it may drive me to leave the game too. So much vaulting is not good at all for us decorators.

Viking Maverick just posted in this thread that the YoValley homes won't be vaulted after all.

it won't just be us either... im seeing people away from the forum saying the same thing. i know of a few who left already because they didn't like how the game was going and they were big spenders too. once the lag hit for the decorators it put them off too. and they are not leaving enough staple items so its too much to stock up on and not enough being left in store. i notice this one has squirrels in it so more coin animals going as they are never saved

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:50 am

Isla (2518852) wrote:I would definitely like a break from it all. Especially once the player designs start rolling out. It will be too much to keep up with. I'm not going to quit because of it, but it is very tedious and time consuming to stock up, do the gem events, etc. I haven't decorated a home or even an avenue in a couple of months now. With the Oz theme I'm itching to, but haven't had time. This YoValley Estates is really large theme to vault as well.

i just find i have no time to do anything now apart from vault stuff. its so time consuming specially with the lag and having to keep refreshing when looking through and buying stuff. i already quit the GE's and i stopped decorating and changing my avi. im just slowly withdrawing away now as this is now the final push

Theresa (122233016)

Postby x JP x (152264913) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 am

I personally don't mind the vaulting, but there are definitely a lot of other themes that have been in there longer than this one. I'm not sure what their process is for deciding what leaves is either. I am pretty unhappy with the moving to yodepot process though. I don't understand why they can't make these decisions before they start the countdown. They used to do it that way! We were told two different lists of items that would be kept, and now there is nothing in the depot from JG2016. What's the point? The sloppiness is honestly scaring me.

x JP x (152264913)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 3053
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:

I agree with everything you said, Isla. IF we have to keep vaulting, it shouldn't be more than 1 theme a month. And I was just thinking the other day that I sure hope they don't choose YoValley Estates next because it's got some very nice core items that I constantly use. I am very upset about those shag rugs -- the best in game for their size, especially the beige one. I have used the pink one often as well.

I feel like a big part of how I play this game is being targeted constantly. I am certainly going to be withdrawing my financial support as soon as I have stocked up on YE items. I may also drop VIP as I'm unhappy with it.

Every two weeks it's another sucker punch to the gut. :wailing:

i have already stopped spending as much now and just buy now to cover the vault stuff. and yes i love them rugs too and looking in my 'in use' i use mostly the pink one. im going to be strict in this vault and basically ignore most of the indoor stuff apart from the rugs and bookcases and maybe any nice plants. the outdoor will be things like the squirrels, plants, trees

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:56 am

x JP x (152264913) wrote:I personally don't mind the vaulting, but there are definitely a lot of other themes that have been in there longer than this one. I'm not sure what their process is for deciding what leaves is either. I am pretty unhappy with the moving to yodepot process though. I don't understand why they can't make these decisions before they start the countdown. They used to do it that way! We were told two different lists of items that would be kept, and now there is nothing in the depot from JG2016. What's the point? The sloppiness is honestly scaring me.

exactly! :thumbsup: :trophy: not enough is saved and there should be a list of indoor and outdoor done separately. it needs to be sorted before the vaulting starts so people know what to NOT stock up on. everything is rushed now and things are not done properly. that's why i feel i can't play like this anymore

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Nightshade (127561160) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 pm

The back-to-back vaulting reminds me of the last year of Yoville where we had themes expiring one after the other, and at the end of it all, we came to know the game would be ending.
As grateful as I am to BVG for saving this game, please know that you are putting many of us through the wringer with daily exclusives and biweekly vaultings.

Also know that I would like to buy from the themes being vaulted (as is expected), but it is becoming too stressful. I lag, I get disconnected 5 times in 10 minutes, and my inventory takes a lot of time to load in AH.
If I thrived on stress and challenges, I would be playing war or survival games, not YoWorld. In the limited time I have in game now, it feels like the only thing I am doing is trying to earn coins for themes being vaulted.
And when I do earn enough, the lag which is already horrid, increases with every item I buy.

I am sure I sound like I am quarreling with my spouse, but please show us that you care about the gameplay issues of your long-term players. This is one of the most basic expectations from any game. If you have not yet settled into HTML, please stop the vaulting and the constant releases and get settled so that your Yos can participate in activities that you want them to participate in.
ImageImage
Nightshade (127561160)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 448
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:25 pm

I hope they relent because I would hate to see anyone go over this issue...
:sad:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 15114
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm

I think vaulting is a quick way for them to get yc, people panic and buy and buy so they won't pay full price next time.
This along many other things they do are red flags whether people want to see or not.
ImageImageImage

Stuck between, IDC, IDK and IDGAF. :love:

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 19649
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Nightshade (127561160) wrote:The back-to-back vaulting reminds me of the last year of Yoville where we had themes expiring one after the other, and at the end of it all, we came to know the game would be ending.
As grateful as I am to BVG for saving this game, please know that you are putting many of us through the wringer with daily exclusives and biweekly vaultings.

Also know that I would like to buy from the themes being vaulted (as is expected), but it is becoming too stressful. I lag, I get disconnected 5 times in 10 minutes, and my inventory takes a lot of time to load in AH.
If I thrived on stress and challenges, I would be playing war or survival games, not YoWorld. In the limited time I have in game now, it feels like the only thing I am doing is trying to earn coins for themes being vaulted.
And when I do earn enough, the lag which is already horrid, increases with every item I buy.

I am sure I sound like I am quarreling with my spouse, but please show us that you care about the gameplay issues of your long-term players. This is one of the most basic expectations from any game. If you have not yet settled into HTML, please stop the vaulting and the constant releases and get settled so that your Yos can participate in activities that you want them to participate in.

so well said... TY! :thumbsup: :drink: :star: :trophy: :star: .. specially the bit about stressful, lag, disconnected so many times etc. AND inventories now taking ages to load in AH too!

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Jade (136873125) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:i just want to know if the vaulting is going to continue to be back to back now... and also if vaulting all the homes is going to be a new thing too? if this is the way the game is going then im sorry to say im leaving. this constant vaulting now without a break is just too much. you are killing the game for decorators because you don't save enough of the staple decor items. im an outdoor decorator and i feel for people who keep asking for indoor items to be saved too and they are ignored. the last theme everyone agreed the maple tree should be saved and there was a big stuff up with 3 old maples from JJ2018 being listed. these 3 were taken away and just the YC cherry tree saved which no-one asked for. you didn't save the coin cherries or the massively used maple one. it's pretty obvious whoever makes these decisions does not actually play the game like we do. and now taking away the homes. this one i don't care about as i didn't buy it as i don't like it. i do however like and use other old homes as i don't like hardly any of the new ones. you have also not done anything or even plan to do anything with our inventories. just filling up our inventories with all this vaulting stuff is getting out of hand and causing so much lag. some people don't like filling up storage homes because its a chore when decorating to have to stop and go retrieve stuff from storage homes and then carry on. i feel the game has changed so much and is just a money grab now. not for me im afraid and all i do now is log on, do the daily stuff, fill up storage homes and check through the vault stuff a bit at a time and go :nerd:

I agree! So many people have already left the game and all this vaulting will likely lead to more people leaving! They are cutting off their noses despite their faces and they would catch more flies with honey than vinegar! The vaulting is out of control with it being a biweekly thing now! A lot of people are losing interest in the game, as there are more YC items now and too many clickable items (they only did Clickables to slap a YC price on them)! I don't go around clicking on things and I won't buy them! A lot of the releases per room have a lot less items and most of them are the same item just in different colours! Basic coins items are limited, so you can decorate a room with rugs, some tables and some plants and no lamps as they are all YC now! The last release for the Costa Rican Theme was mostly YC items! They are removing a lot of the better quality items! I also agree it's just a money grab now and they are getting greedier!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 2718
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I hope they relent because I would hate to see anyone go over this issue...
:sad:

i've already near enough left. i've stayed away from the forum and only came in today to ask this.... and i am one who always has my google chrome open with 4 tabs. one for FB, one for forum, one for database and one for whatever catch up channel i happen to be using at the time. YW i play on the desktop app so i can flit between the two. for the first time in i can't remember how long i closed my forum tab and only opened it to write this today. im not doing anything more on the game now apart from pop in each day to do daily logins and offload some old themes into storage homes. that is if i have time after putting some vault stuff into the storage homes each day and looking through the vaulting salon and clothing. they keep going like this then a huge amount of their decorators will pack up and piss off. i reckon its mostly decorators who have bulging inventories cos we bulk buy all the staple stuff from all these themes. putting stuff in storage rooms makes it difficult when decorating. if i was a dresser up only or buyer seller it wouldn't bother me so much. i wouldn't be bulk buying all the cheapy coin staple items so wouldn't have a bulging inventory. buying clothing stuff etc. is different because its the decor inventory which takes ages to load. sellers can also stick their stuff into storage and pull out when selling.... pulling stuff out whilst decorating is a pain in the arse.. not to mention searching for what rug or chair etc. you might want to go in the room. having the stuff in the store means you can try loads of options and chuck back all what you don't want

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:I think vaulting is a quick way for them to get yc, people panic and buy and buy so they won't pay full price next time.
This along many other things they do are red flags whether people want to see or not.

totally agree with you :thumbsup: :drink:

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Jade (136873125) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Nightshade (127561160) wrote:The back-to-back vaulting reminds me of the last year of Yoville where we had themes expiring one after the other, and at the end of it all, we came to know the game would be ending.

^^^This does feel exactly the same, as it did back then^^^ But, then Z Re-released a lot of themes and people bought from them only to find out they weren't saving the info in the game and when BVG brought it back up all those items were gone! At least for me they were, as I bought a lot of items and I didn't have them when BVG first launched the game after they bought it!
Last edited by Jade (136873125) on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 2718
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby KAREN (186514636) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Thanks for this thread.

I despise vaulting and I hate doing nothing but filling up my inventory with items that I think I'll use again - which causes a terrible lag (also worsened by the Gem Events.) I don't even participate in current themes anymore as I have to decide where to spend my yo money - between things that will be around for a while and things that are 'vaulting' i.e., being made inaccessible (specifically to get people to spend all their currency very quickly on these items in the hopes that they BUY more yo currency with real world money...yes, basically a shakedown.)

I don't even know why I still bother.

KAREN (186514636)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 09, 2016

Forum Posts: 142
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:19 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i just want to know if the vaulting is going to continue to be back to back now... and also if vaulting all the homes is going to be a new thing too? if this is the way the game is going then im sorry to say im leaving. this constant vaulting now without a break is just too much. you are killing the game for decorators because you don't save enough of the staple decor items. im an outdoor decorator and i feel for people who keep asking for indoor items to be saved too and they are ignored. the last theme everyone agreed the maple tree should be saved and there was a big stuff up with 3 old maples from JJ2018 being listed. these 3 were taken away and just the YC cherry tree saved which no-one asked for. you didn't save the coin cherries or the massively used maple one. it's pretty obvious whoever makes these decisions does not actually play the game like we do. and now taking away the homes. this one i don't care about as i didn't buy it as i don't like it. i do however like and use other old homes as i don't like hardly any of the new ones. you have also not done anything or even plan to do anything with our inventories. just filling up our inventories with all this vaulting stuff is getting out of hand and causing so much lag. some people don't like filling up storage homes because its a chore when decorating to have to stop and go retrieve stuff from storage homes and then carry on. i feel the game has changed so much and is just a money grab now. not for me im afraid and all i do now is log on, do the daily stuff, fill up storage homes and check through the vault stuff a bit at a time and go :nerd:

I agree! So many people have already left the game and all this vaulting will likely lead to more people leaving! They are cutting off their noses despite their faces and they would catch more flies with honey than vinegar! The vaulting is out of control with it being a biweekly thing now! A lot of people are losing interest in the game, as there are more YC items now and too many clickable items (they only did Clickables to slap a YC price on them)! I don't go around clicking on things and I won't buy them! A lot of the releases per room have a lot less items and most of them are the same item just in different colours! Basic coins items are limited, so you can decorate a room with rugs, some tables and some plants and no lamps as they are all YC now! The last release for the Costa Rican Theme was mostly YC items! They are removing a lot of the better quality items! I also agree it's just a money grab now and they are getting greedier!

yep i think so too. i know some who left and i know a hell of a lot more who are all getting tired of the vaulting. many of us thought they were doing one now and then but we had two then three etc. we thought ok they may be doing a few of the older themes then will stop for a while but the more it carries on back to back the more i hear people talking about giving up. also people who weren't going to give up are now considering it because of the lagging and disconnections whilst doing the vaulting. it basically takes the full two weeks to do it then oh look here comes the next one and we've done nothing else on the game. and yes i agree about the clickables... you can't even leave them how you want them cos they return to default. yes i got told about the CR theme. i didn't even look at the stuff but had a quick look once someone told me how many YC items were in it. and also yes... the old coin items are so much better quality :thumbsup: :drink:

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Mz Thang (138469056) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 pm

You have made many points that I totally agree with! (As highlighted and emboldened)
Whilst I do not totally disagree with the vaulting of themes - I would welcome them more
IF I believed that better and more creative themes were on their way! But I also think that there are a few non-themes that should be vaulted before those that have valued items are removed. (Super Stickerbook comes to mind)
Interior Decorators like myself are having a rough time creating differently styled rooms out of Brown/Dark Brown and Even Darker Brown. BVG no longer give us the 'Feedback Surveys' to complete to truly glean how we feel about recent themes either = Why is That?....I would have thought they would want to know what WE THINK / AND NEED in order to keep YoWorld flourishing!
I am concerned about the high prices and the continuous 'Vaulting' as it smacks of the last days/months of Zynga.
It would be a crying shame if after all their hard work they allowed the game to grind to a discontented halt. :sad:

Mz Thang (138469056)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 240
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions