After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 pm

Amaya (139390344) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:

You most certainly have gotten your answer. You might not like the response because it corrected your statement, but you definitely got it.
Say you don't want to argue then start an argument? :haha:


Well, I don't see my arguing. I see me asking a question. I do see that I'm being misunderstood, but maybe that's my fault. Let me be plain once again. There is no reason for a theme in my opinion and even if there were, there is no one definition of what comprises being gay. That's all. If you can come up with a good reason and define all that, I'm sure BVG would be happy to listen. I think they already are. Not trying to be snarky, trying to point out that you need a grabby concept. Think on that for a while if you would...

:rose:
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 15123
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Starjack (126579776) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:44 pm

LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:
Spanky (126579776) wrote:
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:I just wish some people would learn to keep their opinions and help to themselves .If it's needed I'm sure they will ask for them. :nerd:

You must be thinking of private forums? :thumbsup:



No I'm thinking of public forums where people respect each others opinions without trying to push their beliefs and thoughts and help on others when it's not asked for

If I disagree about anything in here, I will post it respectfully.

If I have a different view, I will post it respectfully.

If you think I broke a rule, you have the right to report me.

That's how these forums work. You can't shame anyone out of their view. You cant stop people from sharing their beliefs. Every opinion is in effect, a belief. This place would suck if everyone agreed about everything. It would be nothing but a back slapping high five fest.

Implying that I'm not respecting a view because I see a flaw or disagree with it or want to help - is nothing but your opinion. Mine is exactly opposite and is just as valid. Because when I choose to get disrespectful, you'll know.

:hug:

PS - I disagree with a lot of opinions. If that bothers you, you have options.

:thumbsup:
Image

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
User avatar
Starjack (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 45458
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Mason (186280727) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:48 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:


You would have to be very privileged to think this. For people of vastly different backgrounds, there are NUMEROUS hardships that entail being a member of the LGBTQI+ and it is much more than what you're making it out to be. Several people in this thread have mentioned the dilemma in the Middle East, for example. You're just choosing not to see it.
So I took a breath, made a wish and blew it all away.
User avatar
Mason (186280727)
YoWorld Level: 113
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 01, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 492
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:07 pm

Spanky (126579776) wrote:
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:
Spanky (126579776) wrote:
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:I just wish some people would learn to keep their opinions and help to themselves .If it's needed I'm sure they will ask for them. :nerd:

You must be thinking of private forums? :thumbsup:



No I'm thinking of public forums where people respect each others opinions without trying to push their beliefs and thoughts and help on others when it's not asked for

If I disagree about anything in here, I will post it respectfully.

If I have a different view, I will post it respectfully.

If you think I broke a rule, you have the right to report me.

That's how these forums work. You can't shame anyone out of their view. You cant stop people from sharing their beliefs. Every opinion is in effect, a belief. This place would suck if everyone agreed about everything. It would be nothing but a back slapping high five fest.

Implying that I'm not respecting a view because I see a flaw or disagree with it or want to help - is nothing but your opinion. Mine is exactly opposite and is just as valid. Because when I choose to get disrespectful, you'll know.

:hug:

PS - I disagree with a lot of opinions. If that bothers you, you have options.

:thumbsup:



The funny thing is I do have options just like you but I don't see you taking them .All I see is you giving your opinions and if someone doesn't agree with them you trying to rile them up and now I'm going to exit before I do get riled up.

Oh if I'm supposed to be worried about this comment all I have to say is . :haha: :haha: :bye:

Because when I choose to get disrespectful, you'll know.
Image
Image
User avatar

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7379
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Starjack (126579776) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:18 pm

LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:
Spanky (126579776) wrote:
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:
Spanky (126579776) wrote:
LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:I just wish some people would learn to keep their opinions and help to themselves .If it's needed I'm sure they will ask for them. :nerd:

You must be thinking of private forums? :thumbsup:



No I'm thinking of public forums where people respect each others opinions without trying to push their beliefs and thoughts and help on others when it's not asked for

If I disagree about anything in here, I will post it respectfully.

If I have a different view, I will post it respectfully.

If you think I broke a rule, you have the right to report me.

That's how these forums work. You can't shame anyone out of their view. You cant stop people from sharing their beliefs. Every opinion is in effect, a belief. This place would suck if everyone agreed about everything. It would be nothing but a back slapping high five fest.

Implying that I'm not respecting a view because I see a flaw or disagree with it or want to help - is nothing but your opinion. Mine is exactly opposite and is just as valid. Because when I choose to get disrespectful, you'll know.

:hug:

PS - I disagree with a lot of opinions. If that bothers you, you have options.

:thumbsup:



The funny thing is I do have options just like you but I don't see you taking them .All I see is you giving your opinions and if someone doesn't agree with them you trying to rile them up and now I'm going to exit before I do get riled up.

Oh if I'm supposed to be worried about this comment all I have to say is . :haha: :haha: :bye:

Because when I choose to get disrespectful, you'll know.

I don't have to be silent. You can choose that for you, but not for me. People get riled up for many reasons when they are forced to confront ideas they don't like. A lot of players are afraid to share any opinions in here that they feel might ruffle a feather. I am not a lot of players. I post what I think - period. And I do so while following the rules, most of which I learned the hard way before many people ever logged in here.

You can read that last statement by me however you choose. Trying to define my polite and respectful comments as "disrespectful" simply because you don't agree, made me think you didn't understand what "disrespectful" meant. I'm sorry if my assumption was flawed.

:)
Image

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
User avatar
Starjack (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 45458
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 pm

Mason (186280727) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:


You would have to be very privileged to think this. For people of vastly different backgrounds, there are NUMEROUS hardships that entail being a member of the LGBTQI+ and it is much more than what you're making it out to be. Several people in this thread have mentioned the dilemma in the Middle East, for example. You're just choosing not to see it.


And it is not only in The Middle East. Sharia Law is also practiced in some South East Asian Countries like in Brunei, Malaysia and Aceh (a province in Indonesia.) The punishment is imprisonment up to 20 years, stoning, whipping, caning, and also capital punishment. In many other Asian countries like in China, it is legally accepted as a “mental disorder,” a totally unscientific view. In Africa, many countries like Zambia and Uganda, it is also punishable by imprisonment or even death.
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 19834
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Humanist, agnostic atheist, skeptic.

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:27 pm

To put it simply I never said you were disrespectful just a Da** trouble maker and from what I've seen I'll stand by that :bye:
Image
Image
User avatar

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7379
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Mason (186280727) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:36 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Mason (186280727) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:


You would have to be very privileged to think this. For people of vastly different backgrounds, there are NUMEROUS hardships that entail being a member of the LGBTQI+ and it is much more than what you're making it out to be. Several people in this thread have mentioned the dilemma in the Middle East, for example. You're just choosing not to see it.


And it is not only in The Middle East. Sharia Law is also practiced in some South East Asian Countries like in Brunei, Malaysia and Aceh (a province in Indonesia.) The punishment is imprisonment up to 20 years, stoning, whipping, caning, and also capital punishment. In many other Asian countries like in China, it is legally accepted as a “mental disorder,” a totally unscientific view. In Africa, many countries like Zambia and Uganda, it is also punishable by imprisonment or even death.


It is just so sad that people are still uninformed about this. This is not okay and never has been okay. Just think about the brute force these people are actually facing in their lives. And here there are players arguing/giving opposition to why one theme in this game concerning the celebration of identity is not a good idea. Not everyone gets the opportunity to be themselves in their life. Let people express themselves in the game.
So I took a breath, made a wish and blew it all away.
User avatar
Mason (186280727)
YoWorld Level: 113
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 01, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 492
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Starjack (126579776) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:40 pm

LindyLou Who (126352247) wrote:To put it simply I never said you were disrespectful just a Da** trouble maker and from what I've seen I'll stand by that :bye:

Well, a troublemaker was required to help push for a reset of the forum modding process. So I'll take that as a compliment.

But I will also take it as a fair criticism. I can always be kinder in finding the right words and ways to bring ideas. I truly don't mean to bust anyone's balls, but I know I can without even thinking about it. Any man that thinks he can't be better is a fool.

:rose:
Image

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
User avatar
Starjack (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 45458
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Mason (186280727) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Mason (186280727) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:


You would have to be very privileged to think this. For people of vastly different backgrounds, there are NUMEROUS hardships that entail being a member of the LGBTQI+ and it is much more than what you're making it out to be. Several people in this thread have mentioned the dilemma in the Middle East, for example. You're just choosing not to see it.


And it is not only in The Middle East. Sharia Law is also practiced in some South East Asian Countries like in Brunei, Malaysia and Aceh (a province in Indonesia.) The punishment is imprisonment up to 20 years, stoning, whipping, caning, and also capital punishment. In many other Asian countries like in China, it is legally accepted as a “mental disorder,” a totally unscientific view. In Africa, many countries like Zambia and Uganda, it is also punishable by imprisonment or even death.


It is just so sad that people are still uninformed about this. This is not okay and never has been okay. Just think about the brute force these people are actually facing in their lives. And here there are players arguing/giving opposition to why one theme in this game concerning the celebration of identity is not a good idea. Not everyone gets the opportunity to be themselves in their life. Let people express themselves in the game.


Yes, it is very sad that many people are still ignorant about this. I support a full theme in YoWorld, who knows it might save a human life from death, somewhere, some time. There is this Chinese TV Series about BL (Boys Love) released in 2019. Afraid of censorship and a ban by the Chinese government, there is not even a kiss nor a word of love, but the series hit really big across Asia and beyond. It was beautiful. It changed many of the viewers’ negative view on same-gender love. It changed lives. The title is “The Untamed.” I was impressed.
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 19834
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Humanist, agnostic atheist, skeptic.

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:21 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Mason (186280727) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:


You would have to be very privileged to think this. For people of vastly different backgrounds, there are NUMEROUS hardships that entail being a member of the LGBTQI+ and it is much more than what you're making it out to be. Several people in this thread have mentioned the dilemma in the Middle East, for example. You're just choosing not to see it.


And it is not only in The Middle East. Sharia Law is also practiced in some South East Asian Countries like in Brunei, Malaysia and Aceh (a province in Indonesia.) The punishment is imprisonment up to 20 years, stoning, whipping, caning, and also capital punishment. In many other Asian countries like in China, it is legally accepted as a “mental disorder,” a totally unscientific view. In Africa, many countries like Zambia and Uganda, it is also punishable by imprisonment or even death.

I fully agree with you. It’s sad some delusional people would/might see this as Islamophobia... I fully support criticism of Islam and Sharia law because it’s the most practiced sexist and homophobic religion (there’s more Christians yes, but not as practicing as Muslims... don’t get me wrong, both religions suck). Although, attacking people that “look” Muslim & attacking Muslims just because they’re Muslims is islamophobia.
I hope one day the LGBT community and women can get their full rights in the Islamic countries. I’m not too hopeful though... since in my country, the parliament is now consistent of 50 straight men. Great.
Black cats are the superior cats.
User avatar
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5560
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Hoping for eternal peace

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Amaya (139390344) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:25 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Amaya (139390344) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:

You most certainly have gotten your answer. You might not like the response because it corrected your statement, but you definitely got it.
Say you don't want to argue then start an argument? :haha:


Well, I don't see my arguing. I see me asking a question. I do see that I'm being misunderstood, but maybe that's my fault. Let me be plain once again. There is no reason for a theme in my opinion and even if there were, there is no one definition of what comprises being gay. That's all. If you can come up with a good reason and define all that, I'm sure BVG would be happy to listen. I think they already are. Not trying to be snarky, trying to point out that you need a grabby concept. Think on that for a while if you would...

:rose:

Gothcha. ;) This is a subject where tempers are likely to flare. Not trying to be an intentional arse myself. :silly:
Seems from Viking response, they aren't interested in doing a full pride theme no matter what feedback they get. That's a problem.
User avatar

Amaya (139390344)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2596
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 pm

This is a serious and sensitive topic and I really appreciate the Vikings engaging and allowing it's discourse on this forum. I can see the difficulties that surrounds focusing an entire theme around any specific community ~ as that will undoubtedly raise the floodgates of why other communities are not equally recognised by BVG.

For my part, I do not see Easter or Christmas as representing specific communities, as these holidays / celebrations do not define me as a POC. So imo, that it is an unfair comparison or criticism to level at BVG for releasing themes based on those holidays and not specific community based themes..

Nonetheless, that should not prevent any acknowledgment and recognition by the release of particular items related to a specific community within any theme that is released, provided of course the 'nod' being given was explicit and obvious. The rainbow coloured cape together with the BLM shirt, show me as a player, that BVG is not afraid to publicly show their support for these communities. For that I am grateful. AND of course that does not mean, that more cannot be done. However each of us, as players, need to give BVG the ideas and signposts to enable them to better cater for ALL its players.

@Vikings - An in-game survey may be a good way of gleaning from a larger player base what kind of items, 'specific communities' would like released into game as representative of their given community. I for one would not be offended if particular items, in any given theme were recoloured so as to show allegiance for a cause or a community, irrespective of its cohesion within the given theme. ;)

The focus should always be about inclusivity and what yO should strive to be, is a platform where EVERYONE feels included.

PS: @Rod, public forum or not, I would feel particularly aggrieved and frustrated, if a caucasian player were to chime in and tell me what difficulties a game, I was paying real money into, had in releasing a theme or items that I was able to identify with, as a POC. The same must ring true for the LGBTQI+ community. I can see why some of your posts were regarded in the way it was.

I hope this thread remains focused on this issue, so that BVG can take the relevant information and create an even more inclusive game for us all to enjoy. :hug: :)
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
User avatar

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 11070
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: SmiliN & LiviN My Best yO-Life!

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby SinisterPrime (116808443) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 pm

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Image

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o


I think we have lots of rainbow items in game. If you feel the need for a full theme venture over to the theme suggestion and give them some ideas. As for not feeling welcome you are saying cause you didn't get what you wanted you are sad? Welcome to the club! :D :haha:
Image
User avatar

SinisterPrime (116808443)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8386
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: If you are offended my job here is done :D

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 pm

Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Mason (186280727) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
pat DRM (7555269) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:


There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:



It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.


So, I maintain there have been no themes as I described. Certain items, yes, but no themes. I simply asked the question does HE want to be treated like everyone else or specially. I'm thinking from your response, we are going for specially.

Fine, but don't assume anthing further because I hadn't received my answer. Now I have. So, now that we know we need a special theme for all gay people, what should that be? I've also asked this question before without any sort of answer. Is it a parade or rainbows? Should we focus on San Francisco? What about Stonewall, the White Night Riots, the AIDS Crisis? Do we do pastels, and if so would patterns and prints be ok or strictly solids?

I don't think there's any actual difference between people except by how others perceive them. The only actual difference between gay and straight is whether the person you love is of the same sex as you or not. Really doesn''t strike me as a reason to get all busy with a special theme. But that's just me. There are others whose opinions matter too.

So, whatever BVG decides, I'll be fine with is what I'm saying. Have a great day!
:hug:


You would have to be very privileged to think this. For people of vastly different backgrounds, there are NUMEROUS hardships that entail being a member of the LGBTQI+ and it is much more than what you're making it out to be. Several people in this thread have mentioned the dilemma in the Middle East, for example. You're just choosing not to see it.


And it is not only in The Middle East. Sharia Law is also practiced in some South East Asian Countries like in Brunei, Malaysia and Aceh (a province in Indonesia.) The punishment is imprisonment up to 20 years, stoning, whipping, caning, and also capital punishment. In many other Asian countries like in China, it is legally accepted as a “mental disorder,” a totally unscientific view. In Africa, many countries like Zambia and Uganda, it is also punishable by imprisonment or even death.

I fully agree with you. It’s sad some delusional people would/might see this as Islamophobia... I fully support criticism of Islam and Sharia law because it’s the most practiced sexist and homophobic religion (there’s more Christians yes, but not as practicing as Muslims... don’t get me wrong, both religions suck). Although, attacking people that “look” Muslim & attacking Muslims just because they’re Muslims is islamophobia.
I hope one day the LGBT community and women can get their full rights in the Islamic countries. I’m not too hopeful though... since in my country, the parliament is now consistent of 50 straight men. Great.


And I fully agree with what you wrote. Actually not all Islamic countries are the same regarding the Sharia Law. Many Islamic countries do not practice it, or are quite moderate and loose in their interpretation of their Holy Book. Others are very strict and harsh, sadly. Like in other cultures and countries, the minorities and the weak always bear the brunt of irrationality (and stupidity, or ignorance, or both) in its ugliest form called bigotry. The root is fear, human fear. Fear of the different, of anything foreign and incomprehensible to himself. It is regarded as a threat. Hence, inside every bigot, there is a coward hiding there.
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 19834
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Humanist, agnostic atheist, skeptic.

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby GwenGlitter (103512141) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:06 am

SinisterPrime (116808443) wrote:
Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Image

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o


I think we have lots of rainbow items in game. If you feel the need for a full theme venture over to the theme suggestion and give them some ideas. As for not feeling welcome you are saying cause you didn't get what you wanted you are sad? Welcome to the club! :D :haha:


It's his opinion and his feelings are his. They are valid. Dismissive talk about you didn't get what you want is uncalled for. It's a way to shame him into accepting what he wants to voice his opinion over and baiting. My daughter is right to tell me to stay away from this part of the forum. No one has to tell them how to design the theme or give feedback or suggestions. All they have to do is say they want it if that is all they want to say. We all married ppl that dismissed us. We talk about this a lot. My granddaughter tells ppl when they are doing it and she is 14. It's not ok.
Image
User avatar

GwenGlitter (103512141)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: May 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 37
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 am

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote: The focus should always be about inclusivity and what yO should strive to be, is a platform where EVERYONE feels included.


One of my proposals was solid-colored walls, flooring, and furniture. While it could all be presented as "PRIDE" theme, those items could be used by everyone! Just because you have a solid red couch in your living room that you bought from the "PRIDE" theme doesn't make you gay.

:haha:
Image
User avatar

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 689
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Rabbit (169680816) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:21 am

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:This is a serious and sensitive topic and I really appreciate the Vikings engaging and allowing it's discourse on this forum. I can see the difficulties that surrounds focusing an entire theme around any specific community ~ as that will undoubtedly raise the floodgates of why other communities are not equally recognised by BVG.

For my part, I do not see Easter or Christmas as representing specific communities, as these holidays / celebrations do not define me as a POC. So imo, that it is an unfair comparison or criticism to level at BVG for releasing themes based on those holidays and not specific community based themes..

Nonetheless, that should not prevent any acknowledgment and recognition by the release of particular items related to a specific community within any theme that is released, provided of course the 'nod' being given was explicit and obvious. The rainbow coloured cape together with the BLM shirt, show me as a player, that BVG is not afraid to publicly show their support for these communities. For that I am grateful. AND of course that does not mean, that more cannot be done. However each of us, as players, need to give BVG the ideas and signposts to enable them to better cater for ALL its players.

@Vikings - An in-game survey may be a good way of gleaning from a larger player base what kind of items, 'specific communities' would like released into game as representative of their given community. I for one would not be offended if particular items, in any given theme were recoloured so as to show allegiance for a cause or a community, irrespective of its cohesion within the given theme. ;)

The focus should always be about inclusivity and what yO should strive to be, is a platform where EVERYONE feels included.

PS: @Rod, public forum or not, I would feel particularly aggrieved and frustrated, if a caucasian player were to chime in and tell me what difficulties a game, I was paying real money into, had in releasing a theme or items that I was able to identify with, as a POC. The same must ring true for the LGBTQI+ community. I can see why some of your posts were regarded in the way it was.

I hope this thread remains focused on this issue, so that BVG can take the relevant information and create an even more inclusive game for us all to enjoy. :hug: :)


You don't have to see anything as anything. They are religious holiday's that don't include everyone.
I read this and fail to understand as I am not creative why someone needs to design a theme for the Vikings to voice an opinion about a theme that should be made. I am offended by guns but I have never said don't allow them. We have BLM shirts. The right thing to do is to support ppl in the LGBTQ community.
I don't see a forum rule that states when you request a theme you have to give design ideas.
If ppl don't like anything from the theme they don't have to buy it
We do not have enough rainbow items in game I collect them.
I have for yrs.
That is nonsensical to me.
We have enough rainbows in the game. That is not my opinion. I think we have too much yellow in the game. I would love more rainbow items. IDK here my outline. I want a pride house made from the pride flag covered in rainbows, more rainbows inside, rainbows to sit cook and sleep on with a rainbow cupcake on top. The design is not the point. The support of the community is.
Holiday themes in this game support Christianity.
My friends that play at night as it's morning in their countries are not christian.
Somehow they deal.
If we are bringing friends into it, mine like rainbow clothing and items aside from the pride issue.
Many of us like that style decor or outfit options.
Image
User avatar

Rabbit (169680816)
YoWorld Level: 98
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 07, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 175
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Rabbit (169680816) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:24 am

GwenGlitter (103512141) wrote:
SinisterPrime (116808443) wrote:
Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Image

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o


I think we have lots of rainbow items in game. If you feel the need for a full theme venture over to the theme suggestion and give them some ideas. As for not feeling welcome you are saying cause you didn't get what you wanted you are sad? Welcome to the club! :D :haha:


It's his opinion and his feelings are his. They are valid. Dismissive talk about you didn't get what you want is uncalled for. It's a way to shame him into accepting what he wants to voice his opinion over and baiting. My daughter is right to tell me to stay away from this part of the forum. No one has to tell them how to design the theme or give feedback or suggestions. All they have to do is say they want it if that is all they want to say. We all married ppl that dismissed us. We talk about this a lot. My granddaughter tells ppl when they are doing it and she is 14. It's not ok.


He just asked. I don't see why this person was so mean to him.
Image
User avatar

Rabbit (169680816)
YoWorld Level: 98
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 07, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 175
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm

GwenGlitter (103512141) wrote:
SinisterPrime (116808443) wrote:
Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Image

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o


I think we have lots of rainbow items in game. If you feel the need for a full theme venture over to the theme suggestion and give them some ideas. As for not feeling welcome you are saying cause you didn't get what you wanted you are sad? Welcome to the club! :D :haha:


It's his opinion and his feelings are his. They are valid. Dismissive talk about you didn't get what you want is uncalled for. It's a way to shame him into accepting what he wants to voice his opinion over and baiting. My daughter is right to tell me to stay away from this part of the forum. No one has to tell them how to design the theme or give feedback or suggestions. All they have to do is say they want it if that is all they want to say. We all married ppl that dismissed us. We talk about this a lot. My granddaughter tells ppl when they are doing it and she is 14. It's not ok.



:thumbsup:
Image
Image
User avatar

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7379
Forum Title: YoDedicated

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions