After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby dianabanana (111036364) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:17 pm

sorry, going off topic here but i just can't. i did not marry someone who "dismisses" me. i have been with my husband of 51 yrs because we have a mutually deep love, respect. and honest relationship that has deepen over time. and please don't anyone tell me i'm "lucky". it is because of hard work , understanding, and mutual caretaking of our relationship. just wanted to add that as i hate generalizations of any kind.

Childhood is idolizing Batman. Adulthood is realizing the joker makes more sense.

dianabanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 397
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 14368
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby GwenGlitter (103512141) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:49 pm

dianabanana (111036364) wrote:sorry, going off topic here but i just can't. i did not marry someone who "dismisses" me. i have been with my husband of 51 yrs because we have a mutually deep love, respect. and honest relationship that has deepen over time. and please don't anyone tell me i'm "lucky". it is because of hard work , understanding, and mutual caretaking of our relationship. just wanted to add that as i hate generalizations of any kind.

Are you speaking about what I said? I don't know who anyone married here. The forum and how to say things that I am trying to say is not as easy for me. My daughter had to go over this with me quite a few times until I got it but my words are often not understood completely as I had a stroke 3 yrs ago when I am using platforms online. What I meant was I married a very dismissive man that pretty much tortured my kids and then they married men like that. We all referred to myself and some of my kids. We all got out. So this topic and warning signs are spoken about to a high degree in both of our homes. I do not want my granddaughter to follow suit. She won't. When ppl say things like oh you have an opinion and shame you for it when the person asking for something did so in a respectful way it a way to dismiss your viewpoint and get you to agree with that person out of shame. Soon they ask themselves things like oh am I being unreasonable and a poor sport because I have an opinion or feelings? Then they stop voicing the opinion from fear of not being accepted and shame for wanting their opinion respected. I would have no idea about anyone else's relationship. My point was my 14 yr old granddaughter can identify and call ppl out on this behavior. One person was respectful and one person used sarcasm to shame them. It's not the respectful person in the wrong. My daughter got out way before me. I have hope none of the other girls allow anyone to speak to them or dismiss them in this manor. I think if you tell someone they are lucky you are just saying in a nice way that it's great you have a good relationship. Most adults know it's work not some turn of fate a marriage is working. If you took me personally I apologize. Cool outfit btw.

GwenGlitter (103512141)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: May 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 37
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Chris (4327680) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:58 pm

I have nothing new to add. People rake BVG over the coals when they think any little thing is offensive (regardless of intent, regardless of the actual meaning being explained), so now they aren't taking any chances. Right after all the hullabaloo over the hat that had cash on it or whatever, ALL of the past Christmases and Easters were vaulted and nothing religious has been included since.* "Cultural" themes get complaints because the stereotypical cultural stuff isn't in them, but when it is, people complain about being stereotyped.

*It blows my mind that some people still think that was a coincidence.

The more "we" complain, the less "we" get.

There's my "like clockwork" post for everyone to ignore or refute again with no reasoning beyond "That's not it. I just know it isn't.". I'm so curious to see how much more has to happen (or not happen) until more people see it.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 6219
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby SinisterPrime (116808443) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:25 pm

GwenGlitter (103512141) wrote:
SinisterPrime (116808443) wrote:
Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o

I think we have lots of rainbow items in game. If you feel the need for a full theme venture over to the theme suggestion and give them some ideas. As for not feeling welcome you are saying cause you didn't get what you wanted you are sad? Welcome to the club! :D :haha:

It's his opinion and his feelings are his. They are valid. Dismissive talk about you didn't get what you want is uncalled for. It's a way to shame him into accepting what he wants to voice his opinion over and baiting. My daughter is right to tell me to stay away from this part of the forum. No one has to tell them how to design the theme or give feedback or suggestions. All they have to do is say they want it if that is all they want to say. We all married ppl that dismissed us. We talk about this a lot. My granddaughter tells ppl when they are doing it and she is 14. It's not ok.

Here is a compass and a map, lead me back to where I was being dismissive. As for being married etc and that tangent you went on all I got to say is alrighty then! And because this a forum and OP posted in Discussions I'm free to offer my opinion and quoted above is my opinion.

SinisterPrime (116808443)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 8386
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Mason (186280727) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:39 am

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o

I think we have lots of rainbow items in game. If you feel the need for a full theme venture over to the theme suggestion and give them some ideas. As for not feeling welcome you are saying cause you didn't get what you wanted you are sad? Welcome to the club! :D :haha:

It's his opinion and his feelings are his. They are valid. Dismissive talk about you didn't get what you want is uncalled for. It's a way to shame him into accepting what he wants to voice his opinion over and baiting. My daughter is right to tell me to stay away from this part of the forum. No one has to tell them how to design the theme or give feedback or suggestions. All they have to do is say they want it if that is all they want to say. We all married ppl that dismissed us. We talk about this a lot. My granddaughter tells ppl when they are doing it and she is 14. It's not ok.

Here is a compass and a map, lead me back to where I was being dismissive. As for being married etc and that tangent you went on all I got to say is alrighty then! And because this a forum and OP posted in Discussions I'm free to offer my opinion and quoted above is my opinion.

Some people really take full advantage of freedom of expression. :eh: You were being condescending by acting like OP's feelings aren't valid, as you equated their demand to a child that didn't get what they wanted.
So I took a breath, made a wish and blew it all away.
Mason (186280727)
YoWorld Level: 113
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 01, 2015

Forum Posts: 492
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:41 am

Mason (186280727) wrote:You were being condescending by acting like OP's feelings aren't valid, as you equated their demand to a child that didn't get what they wanted.

Thank you for the understanding!

:heart:

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 689
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby iana (10169569) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:11 am

Mason (186280727) wrote:

o_o

Some people really take full advantage of freedom of expression. :eh: You were being condescending by acting like OP's feelings aren't valid, as you equated their demand to a child that didn't get what they wanted.

I think it's miscommunication/misinterpretation that has happened here.

This is what I think SinisterPrime meant in his/her (I apologize, I don't know if SinisterPrime is male or female) post:

I think we have lots of rainbow items in game. - opinion, some players think there are too many rainbows, some think there aren't enough. It's a personal view, and no one is wrong or right. But everyone on the Forums is entitled to express their opinion, just like everyone has the right to agree or disagree with someone's opinion.

If you feel the need for a full theme venture over to the theme suggestion and give them some ideas. - advice, it is common practice for players to post their suggestions in the Theme suggestion thread. Some of the suggestions get to be voted on and the ones with most votes get implemented in the game. The way I read this advice is - You have been asking for the pride theme so many times and BVG didn't listen. Try posting it in the theme suggestion thread, it might work. Just like expressing opinion, giving advice is legit on the Forums. It is up to OP to take the advice or not.

As for not feeling welcome you are saying cause you didn't get what you wanted you are sad? Welcome to the club! :D :haha: - sympathising and joke, I believe SinisterPrime was saying I was in your shoes so many times, my ideas were dismissed, too, and I also felt unwelcome and sad. Laughing emoticons are telling me it was a joke on his/her own account.

This is how I read that post the first time and, after re-reading it many times, still do. Everyone is free to disagree with me. I just wanted to show how posts may be read and interpreted in different ways. And this is why I prefer eye-to-eye communication, where we can see facial expressions, hear tones and ask what someone meant before we come to conclusion.

On the topic, I support your request for this theme to be implemented in the game. I already wrote in your proposal thread that I love your suggestions, and I still want to see ideas for female clothing, too. :)
iana (10169569)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 3269
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:23 am

From what I know, Sinister Prime is a kind and generous person. My interpretation when I first read his post was that he was trying to help by informing the OP that there are many rainbow items in case the OP missed some of them, and also by giving a suggestion for the OP to write his ideas and request in the theme request thread so that he can be better heard. His “Welcome to the Club” is saying that like the OP, he also has requests that are not being heard and that like the OP, he is also feeling sad. He is saying humorously that he and the OP belong to the same Club of people. If I remember correctly, he had been asking for blood and gore and was disappointed by the last Halloween.
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19834
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Starjack (126579776) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:45 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:From what I know, Sinister Prime is a kind and generous person. My interpretation when I first read his post was that he was trying to help by informing the OP that there are many rainbow items in case the OP missed some of them, and also by giving a suggestion for the OP to write his ideas and request in the theme request thread so that he can be better heard. His “Welcome to the Club” is saying that like the OP, he also has requests that are not being heard and that like the OP, he is also feeling sad. He is saying humorously that he and the OP belong to the same Club of people. If I remember correctly, he had been asking for blood and gore and was disappointed by the last Halloween.

Exactly :thumbsup:

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
Starjack (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 45458
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Chris (4327680) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am

Agree 100% with the last three posts.

There'd be a lot less forum fighting if people didn't look for or add bad intentions where none ever existed. Disagreeing or having a different opinion isn't an offense. Making other suggestions isn't a dismissal.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 6219
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions