After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 am

I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 689
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: After Years of Asking...and THIS?!

Postby Mason (186280727) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:19 am

I don't see why they can't incorporate pride into Valentines as well. Love is love and it doesn't need to be a conflict as to who gets to celebrate it at any specific time.
So I took a breath, made a wish and blew it all away.
Mason (186280727)
YoWorld Level: 113
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 01, 2015

Forum Posts: 492
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:29 am

Mason (186280727) wrote:I don't see why they can't incorporate pride into Valentines as well. Love is love and it doesn't need to be a conflict as to who gets to celebrate it at any specific time.

I've got, at least, three threads about this. One of the Vikings even commented on it. I'm good enough to spend money, but not good enough to be recognized?!

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 689
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Rattler (126579776) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:34 am

It's a fun cape. BVG throws free items at different specialty groups all the time for their special holidays. Mother's Day flowers. Veteran's Day poppies. Etc etc.

As for Valentine's Day, that stuff can be used by everyone - regardless of background. Love is after all, love.

And a specific Pride theme.....we've had that discussion. I await your posted images of the house and furnishings for it that don't scream stereotyping. I've tried to explain why it is impossible to make an entire theme. I'm sorry you disagree, but it doesn't change the difficulty they face. Give them some decor ideas that aren't offensive to the people in the movement and maybe you'll get more traction.

:thumbsup:

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
Rattler (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 45423
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Tinman Mario (104376062) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:41 am

They wont do themes for one day events and to be fair if they do create a theme then other people will complain about there one day holidays like mothers day fathers day and much more. BVG dose not have time to create all events that happen all year round and do normal themes with it!

Tinman Mario (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 363
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 19054
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:41 am

I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 15114
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:07 pm

Spanky (126579776) wrote:It's a fun cape. BVG throws free items at different specialty groups all the time for their special holidays. Mother's Day flowers. Veteran's Day poppies. Etc etc.

As for Valentine's Day, that stuff can be used by everyone - regardless of background. Love is after all, love.

And a specific Pride theme.....we've had that discussion. I await your posted images of the house and furnishings for it that don't scream stereotyping. I've tried to explain why it is impossible to make an entire theme. I'm sorry you disagree, but it doesn't change the difficulty they face. Give them some decor ideas that aren't offensive to the people in the movement and maybe you'll get more traction.

It's not.. No one has any data on how all players feel about this. Many here feel it's a good idea. If you don't like it don't buy it. There is a lot of ppl that dislike items in this game from Halloween priests to political masks. It's not good to not support something tons of ppl use as a symbol for pride. It's not offensive. It's speculation based on a personal opinion. Google this topic. It's not about profits once in a while. They are making so much more than two yrs ago and we had way more stuff. Some ppl don't agree with the lifestyle. Ok well then don't be involved. There are many symbols to represent the oppressive members of sociability Love is love and we need a way to show that by having something to display that shows we are united. I can post some factual papers by educated members of sociability on the topic. What if we had this discussion before we still want the items. I find religious items in game offensive and ppl ask for those. I can't stand organized controlling sexist religions that oppressed women. Ok well I won't buy it. To me it's just nonsense to control ppl. Fairy-tales. I don't like seeing any of it. I skip it. Is a cross offensive to me. Yeah. So what. I don't display it.
If your offended don't buy it. This item is a rainbow. I don't see anyone upset it's released. Don't dismiss things. It is just a way to dismiss the LGBTQ community. It's not hurting anyone, quite the opposite. My entire city is covered in rainbows right now. I live in a city in the north. It's not offensive to us. So my government and community is offending ppl. Our rainbow parade I am on my way to with a million ppl are going is offensive. No. Only to ppl that don't like us. See me in a church, no. Only ppl I see that don't like it are straight. Is BLM offensive. Is it overboard. Same thing. People like to take others voices with excuses when we fight hard. Don't wear the shirt then. Not hard to color some stuff in tasteful rainbows and let who wants it buy it. Companies do charity all the time. It's morality not profits. IDK if they make a penny. People here play and don't spend a dime anyway. I do and I want it. I am open to having this talk daily. That's fine. Literally my city is a rainbow today. No we are kinda happy to have a voice.

I agree with the Valentine's idea as well. We should get these items periodically.

It's our symbol. I have no idea why someone would think it would offend us. It's illogical. It's how we support each other and use it to protest our oppression. When you see a protest in my city on this issue we rainbow it up. It's not changing. We deserve a house and theme we can set our homes to. A rainbow one. In general anything that expires and is sold that is colored a rainbow sells very high like hair. People like those items in general anyway.
ChaoticSea Created This Fantastic Siggy! Thank You So Much!!!
My FB is in my siggy or PM me to buddy up!
Thank you Yo Angles! You Make Game Play a lot More Fun!!! (VioletVixen)

XxVioletVixenxX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 11429
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:15 pm

Mrs Mario (104376062) wrote:They wont do themes for one day events and to be fair if they do create a theme then other people will complain about there one day holidays like mothers day fathers day and much more. BVG dose not have time to create all events that happen all year round and do normal themes with it!

It's a month not a day and we could display it yr round. This is just a good release time. It's not just a day to be proud. We shouldn't need a day but we are still seeing laws based on religious vies passed, discrimination and other ways to devalue us. It's not hurting anyone. They would make money and if not so what it's the ethical point to do so. They make money. It's a company with very low overhead. They just made all that spark sale money alone. Players buy a ton of the new released items non stop. It would be ok. Christmas is just a day too.

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:17 pm

The rainbow flag (also known as the gay pride flag, LGBT pride flag, or simply the pride flag) is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) pride and LGBTQ social movements. The colors reflect the diversity of the LGBTQ community, as the flag is often used as a symbol of gay pride during LGBTQ rights marches. While this use of the rainbow flag originated in San Francisco, it is now used worldwide. The symbol is one of several uses of rainbow flags.

Originally devised by artist Gilbert Baker, the design has undergone several revisions since its debut in 1978, first to remove colors then restore them based on availability of fabrics.[1][2] The first flag had eight colors, however the traditional and still most common variant consists of six stripes: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. The flag is typically flown horizontally, with the red stripe on top, as it would be in a natural rainbow.

LGBTQ individuals and allies currently use rainbow flags and many rainbow-themed items and color schemes as an outward symbol of their identity or support. In addition to the rainbow, many other flags and symbols are used to communicate specific identities within the LGBTQ+ community.

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:24 pm

It's a social movement. My kids and I have rainbow everything and on display yr round not just today. Should I go tell them there backpacks, clothing and objects I and they wear and display offend their own community. There school has a flag. Nothing changes if you don't fight for it. They are only offending ppl that disagree with us. That we are sinners or whatever the problem is. My kids and I would rather see a rainbow over hate. We shouldn't have to fight to be with who we want. That's reality and unless I see date to reach a concussion to agree with my own community being offended to me it's an excuse not to have this theme. It not going to hurt anyone. It going to annoy the ppl that disagree with the lifestyle.

I have to go take our rainbow colored selves to the parade. Just like I took them to the protests for BLM before during and after the trial. I sat down there for the verdict. Social movements are important.

I will take a survey there and see the results of this question about an online social game offending our community about adding rainbow items we can display in homes or person. I iwll as if this is seen in the it's offensive to our community as a stereotype or a good idea. I can give a hypothesis the results.

Well I did ask my kids. My daughters faces then the laughing said it all. Most of my kids friends are part of this community as well. They wear rainbow clothes to school and my house. They offend who is in disagreement. We are happy to see it.

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:39 pm

We be there now but it's so hot school was canceled for the rest of the yr. Here is pics from out there today and a day in history. We like to call it herstory like RuPaul lol. We are obsessed with him. My mom has supported this from my birth. We grew up with tolerance in my household. Not exactly a news story or protest about ppl in our community offended by this. When you say something you can't possibly know and are speculation on like it's facts it's a problem. This is a pic of a good amount of ppl very happy we have this symbol. Just a way to spread disinformation to get an incorrect viewpoint validated really. Saying that is offensive to me. Well life hard, if someone in the community is offended you can't make everyone happy. Lots of things offend ppl in the game. Don't buy it. I say they be happy to see the support. It's the ppl who think it's wrong that have the issue. There are worse things to offend us don't worry. Starting with the ppl murdered because they are not conforming to societal idea of who you can be with. Who can't go in a store and buy something without discrimination denied a services or an item. People that can't get hired over sexual orientation. Our symbol is the least of our problems.

Last edited by XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Rattler (126579776) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:40 pm

OK :thumbsup:

Rattler (126579776)

Postby SLEEPY (160149118) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:42 pm

They don't make gay pride items because they won't make any money obviously, and they know that because even today's item is free. Have you ever seen the events when there is a gay party? There will only be like 1 visitor there. I really don't think there are very many gays here, let alone very many that are actually spending money. I am gay and haven't met hardly any of my gay brothers and sisters here and a lot of the rest I have met are not friendly to gays as slurs are thrown around constantly at events and these events will be completely full and no one will be calling it out. And when I try to have a lgbt party NO ONE COMES lmao. I hate to say it but this game is not an accepting place. So for these reasons I don't see a gay pride theme coming out any time soon. They are going to spend time creating what sells in the highest volume, like the female hairs and clothes, that's all anyone buys here apparently. Cheers,
If we do not change our direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.
-- Chinese Proverb

SLEEPY (160149118)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: May 22, 2010

Forum Posts: 170
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Mason (186280727) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:45 pm

Spanky (126579776) wrote:It's a fun cape. BVG throws free items at different specialty groups all the time for their special holidays. Mother's Day flowers. Veteran's Day poppies. Etc etc.

The entire point of pride is to celebrate diversity. Being different from the norm. Loving who you are regardless of anything. They can do vibrant wacky colours for the clothing. Earthy tones even, for the more reserved and less expressive people. Mix and match of furniture styles, which can still give an overall sleek image. It's less about the items and more about the representation. Pray do tell, what type of decor do you perceive would be offensive?
So I took a breath, made a wish and blew it all away.
Mason (186280727)
YoWorld Level: 113
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 01, 2015

Forum Posts: 492
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby pat DRM (7555269) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:53 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I remember the days when the penalty for homosexuality was a mental institution, prison or graveyard. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past. And in an effort by the gay community to be treated the same as everyone else, many states allow gay marriage and have laws against discrimination. Good progress there too.

So, the trouble I see, and I've said this before, is the desire to be treated like everyone else, in other words, not calling out gay or straight, just people, or to be treated with some special recognition? I don't recall any themes for African Americans, Jewish people, top of my head, so why gay?

I don't want to argue, I'm asking why the persistence if the desire is to be like everyone else? Puzzled...
:eh:

There has most certainly been African inspired themes and Jewish items in the game if you care to do some research :thumbsup:

OP is not asking to be treated any better than other players, which is what I assume you mean by your question, she is simply asking for a LGBTQ theme during Pride Month which seems more than acceptable. There doesn't seem to be confusion when players start to ask for Christmas items during December, right? :haha: :haha:

It may not have been your intention, but the tone that your message is giving off is that LGBTQ players should be happy with the bare minimum they have in-game because they have already reached some milestones (your examples, gay marriage and not being murdered). Not sure if this is what you were going for.
pat DRM (7555269)
YoWorld Level: 125
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 173

Postby Rattler (126579776) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Mason (186280727) wrote:

The entire point of pride is to celebrate diversity. Being different from the norm. Loving who you are regardless of anything. They can do vibrant wacky colours for the clothing. Earthy tones even, for the more reserved and less expressive people. Mix and match of furniture styles, which still give an overall sleek image. It's less about the items and more about the representation. Pray do tell, what type of decor do you perceive would be offensive?

Good question. My gay Yo friends want a lot of stuff that looks like it came right out of a 70s San Fran bar or leftovers from a really flamboyant Pride parade. I've tried to explain that a gay sex theme isn't going to fly. LOL So I've tried to get them to feed me ideas about houses and furniture and the like, but it always ends up back at the same spot - They just want normal stuff that they can call Pride items and things they can wear that represent Pride. Which is fine. If BVG sees that as a good option for a theme, they should capitalize on that market.

I'm NOT against them doing a Pride theme.

I just know how hard it is to do anything like this as a theme. My questions are intended to spur thought about ideas BVG can actually run with, and are not a wet blanket on the idea.

:) :hug: :thumbsup:

Rattler (126579776)

Postby Avonlea (187745661) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:59 pm

they could make an avenue with parade decor.

Avonlea (187745661)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: May 10, 2019

Forum Posts: 55
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:17 pm

Spanky (126579776) wrote:
Mason (186280727) wrote:

The entire point of pride is to celebrate diversity. Being different from the norm. Loving who you are regardless of anything. They can do vibrant wacky colours for the clothing. Earthy tones even, for the more reserved and less expressive people. Mix and match of furniture styles, which still give an overall sleek image. It's less about the items and more about the representation. Pray do tell, what type of decor do you perceive would be offensive?

Good question. My gay Yo friends want a lot of stuff that looks like it came right out of a 70s San Fran bar or leftovers from a really flamboyant Pride parade. I've tried to explain that a gay sex theme isn't going to fly. LOL So I've tried to get them to feed me ideas about houses and furniture and the like, but it always ends up back at the same spot - They just want normal stuff that they can call Pride items and things they can wear that represent Pride. Which is fine. If BVG sees that as a good option for a theme, they should capitalize on that market.

I'm NOT against them doing a Pride theme.

I just know how hard it is to do anything like this as a theme. My questions are intended to spur thought about ideas BVG can actually run with, and are not a wet blanket on the idea.

:) :hug: :thumbsup:

Not what you said. IMO just support our symbol. The rest is excuses.

Postby Cali (114634836) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:30 pm

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

Other companies roll out rainbows by the thousands. We LGB+ YoWorldians get the occasional flag, piece of clothing, NPC, and now...a cape.

Meanwhile, you guys devote 2 full weeks to Valentine's Day, every year. I can't even find the words to say how disappointed - and unwanted - I feel.

o_o

Happy Hump Day! :)

Maybe it would be nice if BVG runs a survey and ask the LGBT+ community members what they would like to see on the game as far as the Items related to the Pride theme? Just a suggestion!
I understand that slapping a rainbow on every item and call it a "Pride Theme" isn't a solution but asking the members about what they would like to see included in such a theme could be a big help to them in creating the Pride Theme!

Any thoughts? :?:

Cali (114634836)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 149

Postby XxVioletVixenxX (139135464) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:50 pm

Cali (114634836) wrote:
Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:I've asked for a "PRIDE" theme for years...and this is the response?!

o_o

Happy Hump Day! :)

Maybe it would be nice if BVG runs a survey and ask the LGBT+ community members what they would like to see on the game as far as the Items related to the Pride theme? Just a suggestion!
I understand that slapping a rainbow on every item and call it a "Pride Theme" isn't a solution but asking the members about what they would like to see included in such a theme could be a big help to them in creating the Pride Theme!

Any thoughts? :?:

It's the symbol of a social movement. Not slapping a rainbow on everything that is very dismissive. I didn't pick the symbol. I think it's the companies social responsibility. We don't take a survey over anything ppl deem as offensive. It's released and you can buy it or not. Clearly some of us want it.Where my questionnaire about crosses in the game. It's not hurting ppl to have an option. Don't like it don't buy it. Tell me what other symbol there is to support this. You see these items then you know someone is supporting or part of the communicant. Again your wording is offensive. Not ok to dismiss people. Rod asked for a religious Easter most ppl prob not buy. We have players around the world and some like me be offended. Have it. I won't buy it. I am not here saying it's invalidate to want it. I want rainbows slapped on everything. No need to be that disrespectful. We want the stuff and rainbow items resell high price. We have this item from today. What will the offended ppl ever do. Oh not claim it or wear it. This is just back to the lack of themes and items in game in general. Not a political stand. Not hurting anyone to slap rainbows on stuff.

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions