[FEEDBACK] Contemporary Oz (June 1st, 2021)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] Contemporary Oz (June 1st, 2021)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:35 am

I was really hoping there'd be a new outfit pack today. There's got to be one tomorrow as that's the next GE contest.

I like the throne.

Why are there two pets released today?
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 19332
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Isla (2518852) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:43 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I was really hoping there'd be a new outfit pack today. There's got to be one tomorrow as that's the next GE contest.

I like the throne.

Why are there two pets released today?

The throne is actually pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 1798
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Penny Dreadful (139979347) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:30 pm

I was so excited for an Oz theme. As usual, Big Viking has taken a huge dump (in my opinion) on a theme with huge potential.

There is hardly anything "Oz" about this theme. I hope they have much better releases coming up, or this theme is a bust. :sad:

Flying Monkey I want:

And we get a flying monkey that looks like it came from Dora the Explorer.

Bedroom I want:

Bedroom we got:

Penny Dreadful (139979347)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 1093
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:57 pm

Frank the flying monkey pet looks more like a curious George with angel wings who did too many forearm exercises. Will there be NPCs in this theme?

An Oz theme presents so many opportunities, both for us players and for BVG, and this is the direction it's going? I keep hoping the rabbit is gonna get pulled out of the hat, but it's feeling more and more like a clown is gonna entertain the audience by flinging a water bucket filled with confetti into the crowd, but then it turns out to be filled with cold water after all.

I would settle for yellow brick road tiles at this point. If such tiles weren't created for this theme, is it possible to take brick tiles we already have and recolor them? Please.
What did the sock say to the pants?
"What's up britches?"

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 4035
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:34 pm

Serenity Now (6134566) wrote:Frank the flying monkey pet looks more like a curious George with angel wings who did too many forearm exercises. Will there be NPCs in this theme?

An Oz theme presents so many opportunities, both for us players and for BVG, and this is the direction it's going? I keep hoping the rabbit is gonna get pulled out of the hat, but it's feeling more and more like a clown is gonna entertain the audience by flinging a water bucket filled with sawdust into the crowd, but then it turns out to be filled with cold water after all.

I would settle for yellow brick road tiles at this point. If such tiles weren't created for this theme, is it possible to take brick tiles we already have and recolor them? Please.

This :thumbsup: They've already lost me a week in. I pulled what little Emerald City stuff I had and did an avenue but I would love the yellow brick to complete the look.
IMO only, way too many yobers, not enough npc's, and the look overall of the clothing is like when you buy an unofficial Oz book from the dollar store instead of the licensed product. The furniture is pretty but I'm just more geared towards vintage for this theme and can't wrap my head around contemporary. Still keeping my eye out for anything interesting to me but I dont think it's coming at this point.
Frank looks like Billy's cousin.

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 13191
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:
Serenity Now (6134566) wrote:Frank the flying monkey pet looks more like a curious George with angel wings who did too many forearm exercises. Will there be NPCs in this theme?

An Oz theme presents so many opportunities, both for us players and for BVG, and this is the direction it's going? I keep hoping the rabbit is gonna get pulled out of the hat, but it's feeling more and more like a clown is gonna entertain the audience by flinging a water bucket filled with sawdust into the crowd, but then it turns out to be filled with cold water after all.

This :thumbsup: They've already lost me a week in. I pulled what little Emerald City stuff I had and did an avenue but I would love the yellow brick to complete the look.
IMO only, way too many yobers, not enough npc's, and the look overall of the clothing is like when you buy an unofficial Oz book from the dollar store instead of the licensed product. The furniture is pretty but I'm just more geared towards vintage for this theme and can't wrap my head around contemporary. Still keeping my eye out for anything interesting to me but I dont think it's coming at this point.
Frank looks like Billy's cousin.

I'm becoming increasingly disappointed as this theme goes on. We've only had one outfit pack (very generic except for the sparkling slippers), and no NPCs. I do like the female hairs, esp the Poppy one. Dorothy's bedroom was just sad. Nothing like I'd hoped. Yes, I am buying things because The Wizard of Oz is my second favorite movie & I missed the Emerald City theme. I even bought the yobers against my better judgement. The foyer is named "Wicked Foyer," and the only thing remotely related to the musical is a Wicked welcome mat. (Don't mats go outside? -- they are quite large for the front entrance.) And I completely agree about the flying monkey pet -- I'm passing because of how it's drawn & that it looks nothing like the ones from the movie.

I'm also hoping for yellow brick tiles. :drool:

It's disappointing themes like this that make me not want to offer theme suggestions or feedback, because I expect a theme such as this to be knocked out of the park. When I see player ideas get ignored, it makes me realize that our input is very limited & our suggestions go nowhere.
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn

Postby Gracie (127997951) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:17 pm

First of all, I love, love the Throne! It's so beautifully designed. I was going to buy one of the pets, really wanted the flying monkey, but it looks like a stuffed toy. No where as nasty/angry as the real monkeys in the actual movie. Why all the childlike toys, yobers, etc for a group of mostly ADULTS?? I decided to not do this theme because I had a feeling it would not be a true Oz like recreation. Guess I'm right so far. Many players are asking for yellow bricks, I hope you have them waiting to be released for ones who want them. It will feel more like Oz.
Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate, only love can.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gracie (127997951)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 1357
Location: With Dr Who in the Tardis traveling in outer space....

Postby Penny Dreadful (139979347) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:48 am

GlyndaGoodWitch (127997951) wrote:First of all, I love, love the Throne! It's so beautifully designed. I was going to buy one of the pets, really wanted the flying monkey, but it looks like a stuffed toy. No where as nasty/angry as the real monkeys in the actual movie. Why all the childlike toys, yobers, etc for a group of mostly ADULTS?? I decided to not do this theme because I had a feeling it would not be a true Oz like recreation. Guess I'm right so far. Many players are asking for yellow bricks, I hope you have them waiting to be released for ones who want them. It will feel more like Oz.

EXACTLY!!!! I have never been able to wrap my mind around this. I don't know why they continue to design cheap looking "kiddie" yobers and furniture. I wish they would release items closer to the quality of Zynga items. I don't know how Zynga was able to create better art than Big Viking - wouldn't you think technology has become more advanced since the Zynga days? I mean, look at the Emerald City items in comparison to the Contemporary Oz items. o_o

Penny Dreadful (139979347)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 1093

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:22 am

Thank You for lots of details and choices. This theme is fun so far. I like the outfits too. I wish the HH heart clocks were big enough to notice the clock movement.

Things in general are on the smaller side with this release and could have been just a bit bigger. BUT I am still really enjoying it all so far.
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG
Never trust the Iguanas. They are trying to take over the world.

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 10037
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Sparkly Siren (126550402) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:28 am

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY??

Why are you still making outfit packs with colours that don't match ? I love the colour of the blue coat and bow but where is there skirt or shoes to match? Why peach shoes and green or brown skirts? Maybe it's just me but it drives me mad :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr

Sparkly Siren (126550402)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 3973
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:00 am

As much as I LOVELOVELOVE today's decor release..............is how disappointed I am in the clothing. What the heck is the deal with Dorothy? The faux fur coat and loincloth skirt make her look like a hooker. And 7yc for a dinky bow? :?: :eh: :angel:

Every piece of the decor is stunning, color coordinated and versatile. The clothing............ :quiet: :quiet: :quiet:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 21614
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Gracie (127997951) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:As much as I LOVELOVELOVE today's decor release..............is how disappointed I am in the clothing. What the heck is the deal with Dorothy? The faux fur coat and loincloth skirt make her look like a hooker. And 7yc for a dinky bow? :?: :eh: :angel:

Every piece of the decor is stunning, color coordinated and versatile. The clothing............ :quiet: :quiet: :quiet:

I am 100% with you! I bought just the cross necklace and the white shirt. Both are easy to use with many, many outfits. The rest does not say "OZ" to me. The pieces are so unattractive, as are the colors. Now I am afraid that the "face case" will be released tomorrow or at some point in the theme and it is just plain hideous!! You can do better BVG!!
Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate can not drive out hate, only love can.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gracie (127997951)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 1357
Location: With Dr Who in the Tardis traveling in outer space....

Postby OMG SHOES (2131112) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:28 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:As much as I LOVELOVELOVE today's decor release..............is how disappointed I am in the clothing. What the heck is the deal with Dorothy? The faux fur coat and loincloth skirt make her look like a hooker. And 7yc for a dinky bow? :?: :eh: :angel:

I think the new female outfit is a fashion take on the lion, hence the name. This would have translated better if they had used some brown/ tan tones instead of blue and pink. Oh well. :sleepy:

OMG SHOES (2131112)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2008

Forum Posts: 1829
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:31 am

I have not checked the furniture release yet, but I love today's clothing release. I have wanted to have hair bows at the (middle) top of the hair like that for my updo hairs. And the purse HH are sparkling! :love: I bought the whole pack.
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19834

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:43 am

I didn't expect to see a faux lion rug! Why no tin man or scarecrow rug? :D :D :D
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 5693
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:45 am

Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:I didn't expect to see a faux lion rug! Why no tin man or scarecrow rug? :D :D :D

I think it was their take on "Lions & tigers & bears (OH MY!)" IK they say faux but I just can't use them.

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:51 am

Just a small complaint...the 'greens' are different. I like them both.....but separately. I would have much preferred the couch/chair in the same lovely EMERALD green as the sectional. Idk why continuity in colors has always been such an issue........ :?: :?:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 21614
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Starjack (126579776) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:12 am

YELLOW BRICK ROAD

I'm trying to understand why they haven't already released this KEY deco item for ANY Oz theme? I know there is more time for releases, but a yellow brick road is central to almost any outdoor space in order to do it properly.

*knock knock* BVG? Are you home? This one is directed at you. Surely you guys didn't forget to do a proper yellow brick road set of items? I'd love for them to be tiles that I could arrange. But anything would be helpful at this point.

Doing a Wizard Of Oz theme without a yellow brick road decor option is like -

1. Animating Frozen without snow.
2. Having a birthday party without cake.
3. Going on a date without having a date.
4. Eating French toast without syrup.
5. Buying a desktop and having no keyboard.

C'MON you guys! Don't be foolin 'round. Release the yellow bricks! :eh: :eh: :eh: :haha:

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
Starjack (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 45458
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:22 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:I didn't expect to see a faux lion rug! Why no tin man or scarecrow rug? :D :D :D

I think it was their take on "Lions & tigers & bears (OH MY!)" IK they say faux but I just can't use them.

Oh my! You are right, didn't think of that!
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 5693
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:31 am

A poppy bouquet for the mantle? Everyone will be napping by the fire. :haha: Well, maybe not the scarecrow. :shh:

I just can't imagine the lion/the group having a lion/tiger/bear rug, even if they are faux.

I really wanted to like the mantle emerald castle, but it's so small and seems a bit one dimensional.
What did the sock say to the pants?
"What's up britches?"

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 4035
Forum Title: YoGroupie

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions