A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the Rules

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:59 pm

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
StephMarie (129969826) wrote:I think the crackdown thread needs a crackdown. :sad:

Nah, it is a good thread. People are trying to understand each other here by explanations, clarifications, answering questions, etc. It is important to understand each other to finally have peace :)

Nah, it's escalating and headed everywhere except toward peace. Pretty sure this is the kind of stuff the Vikings are wanting to see come to an end.

I don't see anything escalating? It seems that matters are already settled by now after some clarifications. There were indeed some baitings and passive aggressive posts in earlier pages, but to me they have all ended up quite well. People have learned to ignore, or talk it out, and it is very good.

Maybe Viking Andrew can clarify if he thinks what's going on in this thread is 'good' since there seems to be confusion around it.

I agree. It seems that what is "good" to some is "bad" to some others, and vice versa. After all, it is all about individual perspectives.
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19834
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:56 pm

StephMarie (129969826) wrote:I think the crackdown thread needs a crackdown. :sad:

Nah, it is a good thread. People are trying to understand each other here by explanations, clarifications, answering questions, etc. It is important to understand each other to finally have peace :)

Nah, it's escalating and headed everywhere except toward peace. Pretty sure this is the kind of stuff the Vikings are wanting to see come to an end.

:thumbsup: :drink:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 22024
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:06 pm

:trophy:

I don't see anything escalating? It seems that matters are already settled by now after some clarifications. I saw that there were indeed some baitings and passive aggressive posts in earlier pages, but to me they have all ended up quite well. People have learned to ignore, or talk it out, and it is very good.
ImageImageImage

Stuck between, IDC, IDK and IDGAF. :love:

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 19669
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Contessa (122169953) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Well said :trophy:

Contessa (122169953)
YoWorld Level: 259

Forum Posts: 45
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby RiveR SonG (179243943) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Lilium Bosniacum (10205906) wrote:[*]
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Lilium Bosniacum (10205906) wrote:I would not give all guilt to the vikings.
They simply can't know what is going on in game or somewhere else.
Like for example, Discord chat, where some forumers chatted, exchanged real names and personal info of some people here. And on that same chat they chatted who are they going to jump on forum. That explains a lot of drama threads. Some people tried to point about this,by sending PM's to vikings and they got no response. On one side, I can understand them thinking: I can't babysitting what is going on somewehere on some chat... But on the other side, Imo they should ask those who pointed it: Do you have proof of that? Did you take a screenshot? , because there is directly connection between that group on chat and drama's they caused here.
And also at some forum parties in the past. I was told in PM that my real name was thrown at party, publicly and I don't know whose names else. None of people present at those party said: Hey, that is not ok! So, again: It is not only vikings fault. Playing with people's personal info and life is wrong and it is against the TOS. If we are not allowed to share personal info at forum, in game should be same.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

This is terrible to hear. o_o

It is... I hope, people who have proof of this, will have courage to stand up and send screenshots to vikings. :thumbsup:

Shortly after getting my boon, a player approched and befriended me only to gain information to destroy my reputation. Sadly, the only thing she could get on me was I lied about my age simply because I didn't want to give real personal information to internet strangers--even ones who are my "friends". She then used this small matter to cause such dissention in this forum for me and so many others.

Fortunately, she's gone now, at least I hope so, but the damage lingers. Ones I thought were friends turned like a pack of wolves. Some understand, some don't. I'm over it somewhat, but the idea that someone could target and ruin people for fun is abhorrent. Not sure what the Vikings can do, but I know what Karma will do...

;)

How was this information gained? I don't understand. Maybe the person informed the Forums out of concern for the Community which is made up of all age groups. Maybe she felt she was protecting others. Let's face it there are all kinds of people on the Internet and many young people play Yo. I would doubt that any normal person would do such a thing to you just to ruin your reputation, maybe give her the benefit of the doubt. It looks like there are no winners here just two people who have been deeply hurt, and I'm assuming she is hurt since you said she's gone.
RiveR SonG (179243943)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 12, 2011

Forum Posts: 3695
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Denna (10205906) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:49 am

About Forum Rules

I would really like to know, is it allowed to post with ALT(S) on Forum?

Viking Andrew, I know you said, alts in game are allowed. But is it allowed to post with alt(s) and use alt(s) to "support" and baiting.

Thank You in advance for answering this. :)
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 16589
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby RoseOWLS Chongha (119856842) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:36 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! i have read about half the posts in here cant read them all not worth it it will never stop will it ??? you all have to get the last word I started writing a letter to BVGs yesterday got all done and i was disconnected it was naming names and all the bullies and baiters in here. I was so upset but just as well after reading all this . some of you have the vikings fooled but ive been watching and seeing I know whos a baiter , who has to get the last word who the bullies are . This thread should have been locked already. It will never stop You all cant stop yourselves can you !!! Thank you BVGs for trying hopefully you will see whos who in here. None of my friends come in here anymore because of this and we all agreed on names You know who you are !!

RoseOWLS Chongha (119856842)
YoWorld Level: 399
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 1404
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:50 pm

RoseOWLS Chongha (119856842) wrote:UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! i have read about half the posts in here cant read them all not worth it it will never stop will it ??? you all have to get the last word I started writing a letter to BVGs yesterday got all done and i was disconnected it was naming names and all the bullies and baiters in here. I was so upset but just as well after reading all this . some of you have the vikings fooled but ive been watching and seeing I know whos a baiter , who has to get the last word who the bullies are . This thread should have been locked already. It will never stop You all cant stop yourselves can you !!! Thank you BVGs for trying hopefully you will see whos who in here. None of my friends come in here anymore because of this and we all agreed on names You know who you are !!

Howdy just a suggestion so you don't get disconnected again write the letter in a word document and then copy/paste :thumbsup:
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 12298
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Starjack (126579776) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:32 pm

Understanding each of our own personal guilt and being responsible for it going forward is the only way now. Justifying who we've been by trying to shine lights on the actions of others is exactly what should result in bans from now on. That stuff feels good to jab at others, but it's what breeds the chaos.

So get it out in this thread if it makes you feel better. But once this one is locked and goes away, let it go. We must stop playing pettycake.

We need to focus on being better to each other. All of us. :hug: :rose:

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
Starjack (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 45458
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:35 pm

The Wizzurd (126579776) wrote:Understanding each of our own personal guilt and being responsible for it going forward is the only way now. Justifying who we've been by trying to shine lights on the actions of others is exactly what should result in bans from now on. That stuff feels good to jab at others, but it's what breeds the chaos.

So get it out in this thread if it makes you feel better. But once this one is locked and goes away, let it go. We must stop playing pettycake.

:trophy: :drink:
Couldn't agree more Rod :hug: The fightin. The baitin. The attacks. All have gone on long enough time to move on and put it behind us. I know I wasn't innocent I did my fair share but goin forward I can only do better.
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 12298
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby ARI (163089940) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Maybe this thread should be locked, just to end whatever is going on. And whoever else continues in a new thread, clearly they have some very personal issues, just my opinion.
Naz

ARI (163089940)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 4206
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby o0oEmmyo0o (116110349) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:21 pm

Thank you.

o0oEmmyo0o (116110349)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 84
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:24 pm

I still try to see the good in people. I’m not giving up.
Perhaps I’m being delusional, but I’m hanging on this:
“In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” ~ Anne Frank
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:50 pm

TexanSourNSweet (103681266) wrote:
The Wizzurd (126579776) wrote:Understanding each of our own personal guilt and being responsible for it going forward is the only way now. Justifying who we've been by trying to shine lights on the actions of others is exactly what should result in bans from now on. That stuff feels good to jab at others, but it's what breeds the chaos.

:trophy: :drink:
Couldn't agree more Rod :hug: The fightin. The baitin. The attacks. All have gone on long enough time to move on and put it behind us. I know I wasn't innocent I did my fair share but goin forward I can only do better.

well said Elf :D :hug: :rose: ... i think a lot of us have been guilty of it in the past but hopefully it's all in the past now :drink:
“You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully.” Jim Rohn
Act your age, not your shoe size

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 361

Forum Posts: 22024
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:18 pm

Wise words SD :heart:

Stardust (186190305) wrote:I still try to see the good in people. I’m not giving up.
“In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” ~ Anne Frank
ImageImageImage

Pinkylola (235554)

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:38 pm

:haha: :haha: :haha:
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4826
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby iana (10169569) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:24 pm

@Goddess Zane That lawn chair... You were saying...? ;)

On a serious note, it would be irony if a thread about baiting and harassment was locked due to baiting and harassment.
If anyone feels something like that is going on here, there is a report button along with a field for explaining reasons. Use it.
Just my two cents
iana (10169569)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 3269
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:10 am

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:Wise words SD :heart:

Stardust (186190305) wrote:I still try to see the good in people. I’m not giving up.

Thank you, Pinky. I just wanted to remind everyone and myself, that actually, people are really good at heart, so please don't fight anymore in the Forum :sad: Let's help the Vikings to make this Forum a safe place for everyone :heart:
Image Image

M. Gandhi

Stardust (186190305)

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:18 am

Just wanted to thank TexanSourNSweet for making me feel so welcomed here :heart: :heart: :heart: Forums is a platform for "ALL", but seeing this post I still see the lets ignoring. And that in itself makes for drama, so sad especially when I keep seeing same players repeating the same crime.

Anyway "VERY" sorry to "ALL" who have had to deal with what others have done to you. It is wrong to spitefully do things to hurt a person, even go to the point to share personal info for the use of only downgrading another, even LYING to make themselves appear they're in the right, sad. We are "ALL" different and may not like someone because we are but, we should at least be civil grown-ups to each other. I'll say it first, I'm very sorry if I caused anyone pain for anything I may have said. Sometimes we aren't aware of just the smallest words we may say and the harm it can do.

I appreciate that the Vikings see this as a problem and the players who have left and want to use "US" to make the right.. "PEACE" :heart:

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 1540
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Elf is an amazing person :heart:

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) wrote:Just wanted to thank TexanSourNSweet for making me feel so welcomed here :heart: :heart: :heart: Forums is a platform for "ALL", but seeing this post I still see the lets ignoring. And that in itself makes for drama, so sad especially when I keep seeing same players repeating the same crime.

Anyway "VERY" sorry to "ALL" who have had to deal with what others have done to you. It is wrong to spitefully do things to hurt a person, even go to the point to share personal info for the use of only downgrading another, even LYING to make themselves appear they're in the right, sad. We are "ALL" different and may not like someone because we are but, we should at least be civil grown-ups to each other. I'll say it first, I'm very sorry if I caused anyone pain for anything I may have said. Sometimes we aren't aware of just the smallest words we may say and the harm it can do.

I appreciate that the Vikings see this as a problem and the players who have left and want to use "US" to make the right.. "PEACE" :heart:
ImageImageImage

Pinkylola (235554)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions