A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the Rules

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:38 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Thriller (126579776) wrote:
Thriller (126579776) wrote:You guys are nuts. Math and physics are like peanut butter and jelly, cake and ice cream, and/or pizza and beer.

The realm of physics is magical.........and quantum physics are the stuff dreams are made of..... :love: :love:

OK, I used to like you....
:sad:

:haha: :hug:

I guess you don't like me anymore :shocked:
:haha:

You're fine. Physics is not...

Does a chair exist if nobody sits on it?
Does a chair in a room exist if nobody is in the room?
Do I exist if nobody is observing me?
Do you exist if nobody is looking at you?

:haha: :haha: :silly:

Right? And I'm pretty sure everyone on Earth exists only because I imagine they do. And when I'm gone, well, so sorry guys...
:silly:

No worries! You don’t even exist to me because I am not observing you :haha:

Okay, enough digression from the thread’s topic, so sorry everyone :silly:
Image Image
Delta strain is as contagious as chickenpox and more severe than other strains. The fully vaccinated can get a breakthrough Covid-19, and can infect others as much as the unvaccinated.

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 417
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 20626
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Cinnamonster (104694877) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:16 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:Image

Sudden stops are a b**ch.

Cinnamonster (104694877)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 983
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:23 pm

Meanwhile, in the infinite universe....

Image Image
Delta strain is as contagious as chickenpox and more severe than other strains. The fully vaccinated can get a breakthrough Covid-19, and can infect others as much as the unvaccinated.

Stardust (186190305)

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Me trying to be good :quiet: :quiet: :quiet: then it happens I speak :haha: .. :hug:

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 2484
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby DEElisShuss (105418813) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:32 pm

Baiting, harassment and insulting happen here, Yoworld online warriors? I am in disbelief. :D
DEElisShuss (105418813)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1093
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:31 pm

DEElisShuss (105418813) wrote:Baiting, harassment and insulting happen here, Yoworld online warriors? I am in disbelief. :D

It is true, sadly. I feel even more uncomfortable than before :sad:
Image Image

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Dunno (103441722) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Viking Andrew wrote:Hey YoFans!

Popping in to give a friendly reminder about the rules of the YoWorld forum.

Lately, there has been an uptick in baiting and harassment in the community, and we want to put an immediate end to it. We strive to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone. To do this, we need to take immediate action to stop any behaviour that violates those goals.

Admittedly, this is something that we have dropped the ball on recently. We are re-committing to making the forum — and the happiness and safety of YoFans using it — a top priority.

We will be cracking down on anyone who is harassing, baiting, trolling, etc. These actions do nothing but lead to an unwelcoming environment that drives current people away and prevents new people from feeling safe in our community. These actions will not be tolerated and will not be allowed to continue.

If you see this happening, please use the report functions of the forum to ensure that this can be seen and dealt with promptly. See an opinion that you disagree with? There's no need to attack that person; just scroll on by. If you are being baited/harassed, do not engage; just report. Retaliation is itself in violation of the terms of the forum.

For a complete list of the Forum rules, please click this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197162

Thank you for your help in making the forum a better, safer place for everyone. :hug:

Yet, you punish the Players who are helping other's.

Double standards and Admin's/Mod's support them.

You've not changed since 2014.
Dunno (103441722)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 81
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Vile (126579776) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:52 pm

Dunno (103441722) wrote:

Lately, there has been an uptick in baiting and harassment in the community, and we want to put an immediate end to it. We strive to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone. To do this, we need to take immediate action to stop any behaviour that violates those goals.

Admittedly, this is something that we have dropped the ball on recently. We are re-committing to making the forum — and the happiness and safety of YoFans using it — a top priority.

We will be cracking down on anyone who is harassing, baiting, trolling, etc. These actions do nothing but lead to an unwelcoming environment that drives current people away and prevents new people from feeling safe in our community. These actions will not be tolerated and will not be allowed to continue.

If you see this happening, please use the report functions of the forum to ensure that this can be seen and dealt with promptly. See an opinion that you disagree with? There's no need to attack that person; just scroll on by. If you are being baited/harassed, do not engage; just report. Retaliation is itself in violation of the terms of the forum.

For a complete list of the Forum rules, please click this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197162

Thank you for your help in making the forum a better, safer place for everyone. :hug:

First of all, your post was very helpful. So thank you for that as my day is better for it. :)

But I also saw what went on there. Yes, that Yo should have started his own helpful thread - instead of nitpicking yours. But once you guys started going at each other with name calling and baiting, you left the Vikes no choice. As a player who gets frustrated and used to post just like both of you did, I absolutely understand. But that is not the path in here anymore and that's why what happened - happened.

You are always welcome to post your ideas. Please stop by again. I promise not everyone behaves that way. :rose: :hug:

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 429
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 47271
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Dunno (103441722) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Vengeance (126579776) wrote:
Dunno (103441722) wrote:

First of all, your post was very helpful. So thank you for that as my day is better for it. :)

But I also saw what went on there. Yes, that Yo should have started his own helpful thread - instead of nitpicking yours. But once you guys started going at each other with name calling and baiting, you left the Vikes no choice. As a player who gets frustrated and used to post just like both of you did, I absolutely understand. But that is not the path in here anymore and that's why what happened - happened.

You are always welcome to post your ideas. Please stop by again. I promise not everyone behaves that way. :rose: :hug:

Plss get FACTS correct.

I never called any names, pls provide such proof.

You went there to stir things, just like you are trying to do here.

You failed on all parts, when I asked them to stop HiJacking and make their own post.

I clearly said, don't mess with things and only mentioned the Dev mode of the broswer.

So I await your proof, yet the other person with their support were claiming it's Ok to go messing about in Dev mode when already a simple solution was given.

Messing with such Dev modes and not knowing that Edit would potentially disable things for partially blind and blind who may have things enabled is fine in their books..

So I await your proof where I called names.

This was why I stopped posting here years ago as Admin/Mod's here punish the wrong players and it's why the game has gone down hill.

I've had over 20-30 friends and players I have known since 2008 who have now packed in YW (last 2 months) as it's shamables, just like this place.
Dunno (103441722)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 81

Postby Vile (126579776) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:45 pm

Dunno (103441722) wrote:
Vengeance (126579776) wrote:
Dunno (103441722) wrote:

Plss get FACTS correct.

I never called any names, pls provide such proof.

You went there to stir things, just like you are trying to do here.

You failed on all parts, when I asked them to stop HiJacking and make their own post.

I clearly said, don't mess with things and only mentioned the Dev mode of the broswer.

So I await your proof, yet the other person with their support were claiming it's Ok to go messing about in Dev mode when already a simple solution was given.

Messing with such Dev modes and not knowing that Edit would potentially disable things for partially blind and blind who may have things enabled is fine in their books..

So I await your proof where I called names.

This was why I stopped posting here years ago as Admin/Mod's here punish the wrong players and it's why the game has gone down hill.

I've had over 20-30 friends and players I have known since 2008 who have now packed in YW (last 2 months) as it's shamables, just like this place.

Oh hey you just do you man. Sorry for saying anything. I'm not here to tussle. :)

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 429
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 47271
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby SIBxG33KxGAMBINO (186017608) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:07 pm

Been reporting unruly players since 2014 yet those same people still run amuck the game ruining the fun for everyone else. I'm not pulling any punches when I say the report/block system fails BIG TIME! The Blocking feature needs to make it so that when a player is blocked you DO NOT see them when they enter or leave. Like I'm talking completely invisible like they are not even there. Please do something about this as its getting to be quite tiresome to a point where I just want to quit the game.
SIBxG33KxGAMBINO (186017608)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 25, 2014

Forum Posts: 1120
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:04 pm

SIBxG33KxGAMBINO (186017608) wrote:Been reporting unruly players since 2014 yet those same people still run amuck the game ruining the fun for everyone else. I'm not pulling any punches when I say the report/block system fails BIG TIME! The Blocking feature needs to make it so that when a player is blocked you DO NOT see them when they enter or leave. Like I'm talking completely invisible like they are not even there. Please do something about this as its getting to be quite tiresome to a point where I just want to quit the game.

A lot of players have raised this same issue, me among them. I hope they address this soon. It seems like it would be such an easy change for them to make. A couple lines of code and voila! Don't understand why it's still a thing when the social aspect of the game is so important to their revenue...
o_o

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 15773
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby MaisE (186087763) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:21 pm

GOOD JOB VIKINGS ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

MaisE (186087763)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 13, 2015

Forum Posts: 4
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby AmieBonn (127520839) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 pm

AWESOME ! YOU VIKINGS ARE TRYING , MAYBE WE CAN BE SOCIAL IN GAME AGAIN :)
Twisted Not Broken !

AmieBonn (127520839)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 70

Postby Bliss ONE CEO (111968811) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:51 pm

Lol after years away from the game, then returning and trying to get back into everything this is one of the reasons I took a break before. Names may have changed over time, but it's obvious to tell who is who from before. It's the same like 5 players on this forum that comment on happy threads and make jokes at people enjoying items/themes that aren't the same taste as theirs. They never have a single positive thing to post on anything. They don't even play, they just sit on the forum and crap on people. I found myself feeling the same way last night just being on the forum because of that group.. We all know who they are, players in-game have a group name for them. Moderators just allow them to continue though.

Bliss ONE CEO (111968811)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 1745
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby T Moore (164231394) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:26 pm

:thumbsup:
T Moore (164231394)
YoWorld Level: 230
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 01, 2010

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:49 pm

I think the best thing is to foe I just realized how to do it :D I was wondering how to do it, it's not that hard. Didn't want to but this way I can't see the baiting :D Just like putting a fence up from a neighbor you're having problems with. Thank you BVG for having it much appreciated :hug:

Postby Denna (10205906) » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:20 pm

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) wrote:I think the best thing is to foe I just realized how to do it :D I was wondering how to do it, it's not that hard. Didn't want to but this way I can't see the baiting :D Just like putting a fence up from a neighbor you're having problems with. Thank you BVG for having it much appreciated :hug:

Foe is not always helpful, because when someone quotes person you have on foe, you can still read what that person posted.
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 16969
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:45 pm

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) wrote:I think the best thing is to foe I just realized how to do it :D I was wondering how to do it, it's not that hard. Didn't want to but this way I can't see the baiting :D Just like putting a fence up from a neighbor you're having problems with. Thank you BVG for having it much appreciated :hug:

Howdy howdy!! I miss you :hug:
The foe feature is useless especially for me because I'm too nosy :haha: :haha: I used to keep clickin unhide :wailing: :haha:
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin
TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 12510
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:37 pm

TexanSourNSweet (103681266) wrote:

Howdy howdy!! I miss you :hug:
The foe feature is useless especially for me because I'm too nosy :haha: :haha: I used to keep clickin unhide :wailing: :haha:

Hi there :hug: nice to see you :heart: You are to funny :haha:

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions