A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the Rules

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 am

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:BVG care about their players, but as Viking Jess told me when I was bashed on YouTube, they could not/cannot do anything beyond their jurisdiction. I don't think Facebook can do anything about it either because it is not real names or photos, and thus it ruled out defamation.


To prove defamation, you have to meet 4 things:

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

We're talking about an internet game and, even if they are posting names, as long as it is not causing monetary damage to an individual, it's not defamation.
I think you're talking more along the lines of doxxing...but it's not quite doxxing, either.

I said it before on this thread. Nobody, except people who play YoWorld, are even going to have an iota of a clue as to what that page is about...and every single time that someone gets up in arms because they've posted something new, you are just giving that page new fodder to toss out there. Honestly, I had no freaking idea of who was who until you guys all started telling everyone. If you don't want everyone to know what your real names are, quit telling everyone. JFC!
You've reported the page. It's still there. It's going to remain there and I'm going to sit back and start laughing at everyone giving a faceless entity that much power and letting them live rent free in their heads!
Go on about your day and quit trying to whip the masses up into being outraged...because I'm not. I am looking at this situation, as a whole, and I'm starting to find it freaking hilarious.

If you want to know what this looks like, it looks like someone, on the edge of a fish pond, throwing out a few crumbs of food and the masses of fish start swirling around trying to get a crumb. In this case, it's a few people trying to get the rest of us to be just as outraged as they are.

Quit letting this page live in your head rent free...and quit giving this page all this exposure if you want it to stop, FFS. It's not this page doing this. It's just putting out a post here and there...it's all of you guys doing it.[/quote]



Like always enjoy your reasonings... :star: :trophy: :star:
User avatar

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 2484
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Where the good people are.

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:32 am

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) wrote:This is the problem it's called "ACCUSATIONS"!!! which starts the problems. So now what am I to think when someone accuses me falsely? Words have a why of being twisted when you're typing quickly amongst a crowded room. I just want to make this "CLEAR" I hate no one I try "NOT" to take sides unless I have "PROOF". I have know Idea who dislikes who and I don't care. I'll still respond to you if I feel like it and like your point even if I feel you dislike me. I only see who is for who by the way you all type here and how people are ignored it's rather pitiful.. So please do me a favor do not put words in my YO mouth and everyone needs to stop pointing the finger because guess what 4 when we do are pointing right back at at you...I only us bait for fishing :thumbsup:



Welcome to the forums...LOL...it's all about "do as I say, not as I do" here, Sweet. But, you already knew that. It makes you wish you still camping, huh?




Haha you got that right :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Image
User avatar

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 2484
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Where the good people are.

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:46 am

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote: BVG care about their players, but as Viking Jess told me when I was bashed on YouTube, they could not/cannot do anything beyond their jurisdiction. I don't think Facebook can do anything about it either because it is not real names or photos, and thus it ruled out defamation.


To prove defamation, you have to meet 4 things:

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

We're talking about an internet game and, even if they are posting names, as long as it is not causing monetary damage to an individual, it's not defamation.
I think you're talking more along the lines of doxxing...but it's not quite doxxing, either.

I said it before on this thread. Nobody, except people who play YoWorld, are even going to have an iota of a clue as to what that page is about...and every single time that someone gets up in arms because they've posted something new, you are just giving that page new fodder to toss out there. Honestly, I had no freaking idea of who was who until you guys all started telling everyone. If you don't want everyone to know what your real names are, quit telling everyone. JFC!
You've reported the page. It's still there. It's going to remain there and I'm going to sit back and start laughing at everyone giving a faceless entity that much power and letting them live rent free in their heads!
Go on about your day and quit trying to whip the masses up into being outraged...because I'm not. I am looking at this situation, as a whole, and I'm starting to find it freaking hilarious.

If you want to know what this looks like, it looks like someone, on the edge of a fish pond, throwing out a few crumbs of food and the masses of fish start swirling around trying to get a crumb. In this case, it's a few people trying to get the rest of us to be just as outraged as they are.

Quit letting this page live in your head rent free...and quit giving this page all this exposure if you want it to stop, FFS. It's not this page doing this. It's just putting out a post here and there...it's all of you guys doing it.


You are quoting my post, but I hope your "you" is a general "you"!! :shocked: :shocked:
Last edited by Stardust (186190305) on Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Delta strain is as contagious as chickenpox and more severe than other strains. The fully vaccinated can get a breakthrough Covid-19, and can infect others as much as the unvaccinated.
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 417
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 20626
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Humanist, agnostic atheist, skeptic.

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:50 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:BVG care about their players, but as Viking Jess told me when I was bashed on YouTube, they could not/cannot do anything beyond their jurisdiction. I don't think Facebook can do anything about it either because it is not real names or photos, and thus it ruled out defamation.

To prove defamation, you have to meet 4 things:

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

We're talking about an internet game and, even if they are posting names, as long as it is not causing monetary damage to an individual, it's not defamation.
I think you're talking more along the lines of doxxing...but it's not quite doxxing, either.

I said it before on this thread. Nobody, except people who play YoWorld, are even going to have an iota of a clue as to what that page is about...and every single time that someone gets up in arms because they've posted something new, you are just giving that page new fodder to toss out there. Honestly, I had no freaking idea of who was who until you guys all started telling everyone. If you don't want everyone to know what your real names are, quit telling everyone. JFC!
You've reported the page. It's still there. It's going to remain there and I'm going to sit back and start laughing at everyone giving a faceless entity that much power and letting them live rent free in their heads!
Go on about your day and quit trying to whip the masses up into being outraged...because I'm not. I am looking at this situation, as a whole, and I'm starting to find it freaking hilarious.

If you want to know what this looks like, it looks like someone, on the edge of a fish pond, throwing out a few crumbs of food and the masses of fish start swirling around trying to get a crumb. In this case, it's a few people trying to get the rest of us to be just as outraged as they are.

Quit letting this page live in your head rent free...and quit giving this page all this exposure if you want it to stop, FFS. It's not this page doing this. It's just putting out a post here and there...it's all of you guys doing it.


You are quoting my post, but I hope your "you" is a general "you"!! :shocked: :shocked:


It is a general you. Sorry about the confusion. I quoted you because I wanted to explain about the defamation. The rest was about all the people that are all up in arms in general. They are just giving that page exposure and free advertising.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:54 am

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:BVG care about their players, but as Viking Jess told me when I was bashed on YouTube, they could not/cannot do anything beyond their jurisdiction. I don't think Facebook can do anything about it either because it is not real names or photos, and thus it ruled out defamation.

To prove defamation, you have to meet 4 things:

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

We're talking about an internet game and, even if they are posting names, as long as it is not causing monetary damage to an individual, it's not defamation.
I think you're talking more along the lines of doxxing...but it's not quite doxxing, either.

I said it before on this thread. Nobody, except people who play YoWorld, are even going to have an iota of a clue as to what that page is about...and every single time that someone gets up in arms because they've posted something new, you are just giving that page new fodder to toss out there. Honestly, I had no freaking idea of who was who until you guys all started telling everyone. If you don't want everyone to know what your real names are, quit telling everyone. JFC!
You've reported the page. It's still there. It's going to remain there and I'm going to sit back and start laughing at everyone giving a faceless entity that much power and letting them live rent free in their heads!
Go on about your day and quit trying to whip the masses up into being outraged...because I'm not. I am looking at this situation, as a whole, and I'm starting to find it freaking hilarious.

If you want to know what this looks like, it looks like someone, on the edge of a fish pond, throwing out a few crumbs of food and the masses of fish start swirling around trying to get a crumb. In this case, it's a few people trying to get the rest of us to be just as outraged as they are.

Quit letting this page live in your head rent free...and quit giving this page all this exposure if you want it to stop, FFS. It's not this page doing this. It's just putting out a post here and there...it's all of you guys doing it.


You are quoting my post, but I hope your "you" is a general "you"!! :shocked: :shocked:


It is a general you. Sorry about the confusion. I quoted you because I wanted to explain about the defamation. The rest was about all the people that are all up in arms in general. They are just giving that page exposure and free advertising.


Okay, thanks for the clarification :phew:

I have studied about defamation (slander and libel), only that I did not post it here because it would be like I was giving "hints" to the person :haha:
Image Image
Delta strain is as contagious as chickenpox and more severe than other strains. The fully vaccinated can get a breakthrough Covid-19, and can infect others as much as the unvaccinated.
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 417
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 20626
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Humanist, agnostic atheist, skeptic.

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:55 am

Hey everyone maybe we need to start from page 1 want Andrew posting :thumbsup:

A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the Rules
Postby Viking Andrew » Thu May 27, 2021 7:40 am

Hey YoFans!

Popping in to give a friendly reminder about the rules of the YoWorld forum.

Lately, there has been an uptick in baiting and harassment in the community, and we want to put an immediate end to it. We strive to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone. To do this, we need to take immediate action to stop any behavior that violates those goals.

Admittedly, this is something that we have dropped the ball on recently. We are re-committing to making the forum — and the happiness and safety of YoFans using it — a top priority.

We will be cracking down on anyone who is harassing, baiting, trolling, etc. These actions do nothing but lead to an unwelcoming environment that drives current people away and prevents new people from feeling safe in our community. These actions will not be tolerated and will not be allowed to continue.

If you see this happening, please use the report functions of the forum to ensure that this can be seen and dealt with promptly. See an opinion that you disagree with? There's no need to attack that person; just scroll on by. If you are being baited/harassed, do not engage; just report. Retaliation is itself in violation of the terms of the forum.

For a complete list of the Forum rules, please click this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197162


Thank you for your help in making the forum a better, safer place for everyone.
User avatar

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 2484
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Where the good people are.

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby Vile (126579776) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:08 am

I think its healthy to discuss the problems with how we treat each other and the problems with how the Vikings handle it. I think it's important to have a safe spot where we can discuss the importance of us behaving, and the Vikings holding us accountable for doing so. Because the alternative sucks. People shouldn't have to guess if someone is going to broadside them in a thread. They shouldn't be afraid to share ideas. Part of what made the culture of this forum so toxic is that there was not enough good info about what was expected and acceptable.

This thread contains a lot of that. I think most of us understand it and comply. Nobody understands how tough it is to keep yourself from ripping into someone more than me. Thank goodness for that delete button. LOL But being better is the goal for all of us. Always. Even though the rules have always been somewhat nebulous, they simply boil down to.......

Be kind
Be constructive
Be sassy
Be silly
Be empathetic

I promise of you really try to do these, the forums will be fun for everyone. And when people stray, the Vikes are committed to helping them help themselves. That's all we can ask for.

:rose:
Image

Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said. #FAFO
User avatar
Vile (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47268
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:32 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:BVG care about their players, but as Viking Jess told me when I was bashed on YouTube, they could not/cannot do anything beyond their jurisdiction. I don't think Facebook can do anything about it either because it is not real names or photos, and thus it ruled out defamation.

To prove defamation, you have to meet 4 things:

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

We're talking about an internet game and, even if they are posting names, as long as it is not causing monetary damage to an individual, it's not defamation.
I think you're talking more along the lines of doxxing...but it's not quite doxxing, either.

I said it before on this thread. Nobody, except people who play YoWorld, are even going to have an iota of a clue as to what that page is about...and every single time that someone gets up in arms because they've posted something new, you are just giving that page new fodder to toss out there. Honestly, I had no freaking idea of who was who until you guys all started telling everyone. If you don't want everyone to know what your real names are, quit telling everyone. JFC!
You've reported the page. It's still there. It's going to remain there and I'm going to sit back and start laughing at everyone giving a faceless entity that much power and letting them live rent free in their heads!
Go on about your day and quit trying to whip the masses up into being outraged...because I'm not. I am looking at this situation, as a whole, and I'm starting to find it freaking hilarious.

If you want to know what this looks like, it looks like someone, on the edge of a fish pond, throwing out a few crumbs of food and the masses of fish start swirling around trying to get a crumb. In this case, it's a few people trying to get the rest of us to be just as outraged as they are.

Quit letting this page live in your head rent free...and quit giving this page all this exposure if you want it to stop, FFS. It's not this page doing this. It's just putting out a post here and there...it's all of you guys doing it.


You are quoting my post, but I hope your "you" is a general "you"!! :shocked: :shocked:


It is a general you. Sorry about the confusion. I quoted you because I wanted to explain about the defamation. The rest was about all the people that are all up in arms in general. They are just giving that page exposure and free advertising.


Okay, thanks for the clarification :phew:

I have studied about defamation (slander and libel), only that I did not post it here because it would be like I was giving "hints" to the person :haha:


I posted about it because, being a business owner, I have had to take someone to civil court over defamation. Yes, I did win my case and I didn't have an attorney.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:37 am

Well maybe best to just be :quiet:.. What I say in my real life holds much value for many people whom I love, and I can say it with such freedom :heart: .. Time for camping again I feel with some besties, family, drink a little, talk a lot and be happy nothing like it. No stress or drama, anyone like to come, I'm a great cook at camp. I even steamed lobster one night :thumbsup: . I'm fun to be around after a few well even before :haha: :haha: :haha:
User avatar

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 2484
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Where the good people are.

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:45 am

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:BVG care about their players, but as Viking Jess told me when I was bashed on YouTube, they could not/cannot do anything beyond their jurisdiction. I don't think Facebook can do anything about it either because it is not real names or photos, and thus it ruled out defamation.

To prove defamation, you have to meet 4 things:

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

We're talking about an internet game and, even if they are posting names, as long as it is not causing monetary damage to an individual, it's not defamation.
I think you're talking more along the lines of doxxing...but it's not quite doxxing, either.

I said it before on this thread. Nobody, except people who play YoWorld, are even going to have an iota of a clue as to what that page is about...and every single time that someone gets up in arms because they've posted something new, you are just giving that page new fodder to toss out there. Honestly, I had no freaking idea of who was who until you guys all started telling everyone. If you don't want everyone to know what your real names are, quit telling everyone. JFC!
You've reported the page. It's still there. It's going to remain there and I'm going to sit back and start laughing at everyone giving a faceless entity that much power and letting them live rent free in their heads!
Go on about your day and quit trying to whip the masses up into being outraged...because I'm not. I am looking at this situation, as a whole, and I'm starting to find it freaking hilarious.

If you want to know what this looks like, it looks like someone, on the edge of a fish pond, throwing out a few crumbs of food and the masses of fish start swirling around trying to get a crumb. In this case, it's a few people trying to get the rest of us to be just as outraged as they are.

Quit letting this page live in your head rent free...and quit giving this page all this exposure if you want it to stop, FFS. It's not this page doing this. It's just putting out a post here and there...it's all of you guys doing it.


You are quoting my post, but I hope your "you" is a general "you"!! :shocked: :shocked:


It is a general you. Sorry about the confusion. I quoted you because I wanted to explain about the defamation. The rest was about all the people that are all up in arms in general. They are just giving that page exposure and free advertising.


Okay, thanks for the clarification :phew:

I have studied about defamation (slander and libel), only that I did not post it here because it would be like I was giving "hints" to the person :haha:


I posted about it because, being a business owner, I have had to take someone to civil court over defamation. Yes, I did win my case and I didn't have an attorney.


Impressive! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Image Image
Delta strain is as contagious as chickenpox and more severe than other strains. The fully vaccinated can get a breakthrough Covid-19, and can infect others as much as the unvaccinated.
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 417
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 20626
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Humanist, agnostic atheist, skeptic.

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:58 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:BVG care about their players, but as Viking Jess told me when I was bashed on YouTube, they could not/cannot do anything beyond their jurisdiction. I don't think Facebook can do anything about it either because it is not real names or photos, and thus it ruled out defamation.

To prove defamation, you have to meet 4 things:

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

We're talking about an internet game and, even if they are posting names, as long as it is not causing monetary damage to an individual, it's not defamation.
I think you're talking more along the lines of doxxing...but it's not quite doxxing, either.

I said it before on this thread. Nobody, except people who play YoWorld, are even going to have an iota of a clue as to what that page is about...and every single time that someone gets up in arms because they've posted something new, you are just giving that page new fodder to toss out there. Honestly, I had no freaking idea of who was who until you guys all started telling everyone. If you don't want everyone to know what your real names are, quit telling everyone. JFC!
You've reported the page. It's still there. It's going to remain there and I'm going to sit back and start laughing at everyone giving a faceless entity that much power and letting them live rent free in their heads!
Go on about your day and quit trying to whip the masses up into being outraged...because I'm not. I am looking at this situation, as a whole, and I'm starting to find it freaking hilarious.

If you want to know what this looks like, it looks like someone, on the edge of a fish pond, throwing out a few crumbs of food and the masses of fish start swirling around trying to get a crumb. In this case, it's a few people trying to get the rest of us to be just as outraged as they are.

Quit letting this page live in your head rent free...and quit giving this page all this exposure if you want it to stop, FFS. It's not this page doing this. It's just putting out a post here and there...it's all of you guys doing it.


You are quoting my post, but I hope your "you" is a general "you"!! :shocked: :shocked:


It is a general you. Sorry about the confusion. I quoted you because I wanted to explain about the defamation. The rest was about all the people that are all up in arms in general. They are just giving that page exposure and free advertising.


Okay, thanks for the clarification :phew:

I have studied about defamation (slander and libel), only that I did not post it here because it would be like I was giving "hints" to the person :haha:


I posted about it because, being a business owner, I have had to take someone to civil court over defamation. Yes, I did win my case and I didn't have an attorney.


Impressive! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


It's not hard to win a defamation case, but you have to meet those 4 requirements.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Thriller (126579776) wrote:All I feel for the person spending minutes putting that page together is pity. Do you guys realize the obsessive pain someone has to be in to do that kind of thing? They literally have to find someone else to hate and tear at, because they simply cannot face who they are.

Since it is unlikely to be stopped by FB, by spending any more energy reading it or feeding it - you are only hurting yourself. Which is what they want. So I'd strongly suggest you stop giving them what they want for your own sanity. It is possible to ignore things outside these forums. And if you can't leave it alone, you probably need to ask yourself why.

:rose: :heart:



I don't know if it's all that. I don't know what it is, to be honest, because I don't know who it is. Maybe this person is sick of the way that they were treated? I really don't know. But, every single time someone posts about it, people are jumping over there to look at it and they are boosting it right on up.
As to people's real names...as someone who is just looking on this situation as a bystander...you guys are telling everyone your real names. If they just posted a list with first initials and last names, nobody freaking knows who that is...and nobody, unless they are truly bored and have nothing to do is going to try to figure that mess out. But rather than just let it go...here people are, telling people every single thing that may just best be left to the imagination.
The person who is doing this page...I wouldn't call them evil. Maybe figure out the whole why are they doing this rather than trying to silence them. Obviously, someone(s) have really pi$$ed someone else off.
That's just my opinion.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:19 pm

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Thriller (126579776) wrote:All I feel for the person spending minutes putting that page together is pity. Do you guys realize the obsessive pain someone has to be in to do that kind of thing? They literally have to find someone else to hate and tear at, because they simply cannot face who they are.

Since it is unlikely to be stopped by FB, by spending any more energy reading it or feeding it - you are only hurting yourself. Which is what they want. So I'd strongly suggest you stop giving them what they want for your own sanity. It is possible to ignore things outside these forums. And if you can't leave it alone, you probably need to ask yourself why.

:rose: :heart:



I don't know if it's all that. I don't know what it is, to be honest, because I don't know who it is. Maybe this person is sick of the way that they were treated? I really don't know. But, every single time someone posts about it, people are jumping over there to look at it and they are boosting it right on up.
As to people's real names...as someone who is just looking on this situation as a bystander...you guys are telling everyone your real names. If they just posted a list with first initials and last names, nobody freaking knows who that is...and nobody, unless they are truly bored and have nothing to do is going to try to figure that mess out. But rather than just let it go...here people are, telling people every single thing that may just best be left to the imagination.
The person who is doing this page...I wouldn't call them evil. Maybe figure out the whole why are they doing this rather than trying to silence them. Obviously, someone(s) have really pi$$ed someone else off.
That's just my opinion.


If this person has issues, perhaps they should go see a therapist, or someone they highly trust, and talk about whats bothering them, instead of acting out in a manner like this? no healthy, grown adult with a stable mind behaves this way. It points to classic mental health issues, that really needs to be taken seriously. Its quite concerning imo.
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22143
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:45 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Thriller (126579776) wrote:All I feel for the person spending minutes putting that page together is pity. Do you guys realize the obsessive pain someone has to be in to do that kind of thing? They literally have to find someone else to hate and tear at, because they simply cannot face who they are.

Since it is unlikely to be stopped by FB, by spending any more energy reading it or feeding it - you are only hurting yourself. Which is what they want. So I'd strongly suggest you stop giving them what they want for your own sanity. It is possible to ignore things outside these forums. And if you can't leave it alone, you probably need to ask yourself why.

:rose: :heart:



I don't know if it's all that. I don't know what it is, to be honest, because I don't know who it is. Maybe this person is sick of the way that they were treated? I really don't know. But, every single time someone posts about it, people are jumping over there to look at it and they are boosting it right on up.
As to people's real names...as someone who is just looking on this situation as a bystander...you guys are telling everyone your real names. If they just posted a list with first initials and last names, nobody freaking knows who that is...and nobody, unless they are truly bored and have nothing to do is going to try to figure that mess out. But rather than just let it go...here people are, telling people every single thing that may just best be left to the imagination.
The person who is doing this page...I wouldn't call them evil. Maybe figure out the whole why are they doing this rather than trying to silence them. Obviously, someone(s) have really pi$$ed someone else off.
That's just my opinion.


If this person has issues, perhaps they should go see a therapist, or someone they highly trust, and talk about whats bothering them, instead of acting out in a manner like this? no healthy, grown adult with a stable mind behaves this way. It points to classic mental health issues, that really needs to be taken seriously. Its quite concerning imo.



It's actually no different than what some forum users do...this person just does it in the open is all.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 pm

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Thriller (126579776) wrote:All I feel for the person spending minutes putting that page together is pity. Do you guys realize the obsessive pain someone has to be in to do that kind of thing? They literally have to find someone else to hate and tear at, because they simply cannot face who they are.

Since it is unlikely to be stopped by FB, by spending any more energy reading it or feeding it - you are only hurting yourself. Which is what they want. So I'd strongly suggest you stop giving them what they want for your own sanity. It is possible to ignore things outside these forums. And if you can't leave it alone, you probably need to ask yourself why.

:rose: :heart:



I don't know if it's all that. I don't know what it is, to be honest, because I don't know who it is. Maybe this person is sick of the way that they were treated? I really don't know. But, every single time someone posts about it, people are jumping over there to look at it and they are boosting it right on up.
As to people's real names...as someone who is just looking on this situation as a bystander...you guys are telling everyone your real names. If they just posted a list with first initials and last names, nobody freaking knows who that is...and nobody, unless they are truly bored and have nothing to do is going to try to figure that mess out. But rather than just let it go...here people are, telling people every single thing that may just best be left to the imagination.
The person who is doing this page...I wouldn't call them evil. Maybe figure out the whole why are they doing this rather than trying to silence them. Obviously, someone(s) have really pi$$ed someone else off.
That's just my opinion.


If this person has issues, perhaps they should go see a therapist, or someone they highly trust, and talk about whats bothering them, instead of acting out in a manner like this? no healthy, grown adult with a stable mind behaves this way. It points to classic mental health issues, that really needs to be taken seriously. Its quite concerning imo.



It's actually no different than what some forum users do...this person just does it in the open is all.


"but but, they done it too!!1!1" is a mindset that preschool aged children have, but i guess its a better excuse then nothing. :bye:
Last edited by DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) on Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22143
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:06 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Thriller (126579776) wrote:All I feel for the person spending minutes putting that page together is pity. Do you guys realize the obsessive pain someone has to be in to do that kind of thing? They literally have to find someone else to hate and tear at, because they simply cannot face who they are.

Since it is unlikely to be stopped by FB, by spending any more energy reading it or feeding it - you are only hurting yourself. Which is what they want. So I'd strongly suggest you stop giving them what they want for your own sanity. It is possible to ignore things outside these forums. And if you can't leave it alone, you probably need to ask yourself why.

:rose: :heart:



I don't know if it's all that. I don't know what it is, to be honest, because I don't know who it is. Maybe this person is sick of the way that they were treated? I really don't know. But, every single time someone posts about it, people are jumping over there to look at it and they are boosting it right on up.
As to people's real names...as someone who is just looking on this situation as a bystander...you guys are telling everyone your real names. If they just posted a list with first initials and last names, nobody freaking knows who that is...and nobody, unless they are truly bored and have nothing to do is going to try to figure that mess out. But rather than just let it go...here people are, telling people every single thing that may just best be left to the imagination.
The person who is doing this page...I wouldn't call them evil. Maybe figure out the whole why are they doing this rather than trying to silence them. Obviously, someone(s) have really pi$$ed someone else off.
That's just my opinion.


If this person has issues, perhaps they should go see a therapist, or someone they highly trust, and talk about whats bothering them, instead of acting out in a manner like this? no healthy, grown adult with a stable mind behaves this way. It points to classic mental health issues, that really needs to be taken seriously. Its quite concerning imo.



It's actually no different than what some forum users do...this person just does it in the open is all.


"but they do it too" is a mindset that preschool aged children have, but i guess its a better excuse then nothing. Oh well, hagd. :bye:


I think you're confused. At no point in time have I ever sai that I excuse this or condone it. You may want to go back and read. But, you are mad that your name was posted. I get it. You have every right to be. But, honestly, I had no idea of what your name was until YOU said something.
This is what I'm talking about.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:08 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:If this person has issues, perhaps they should go see a therapist, or someone they highly trust, and talk about whats bothering them, instead of acting out in a manner like this? no healthy, grown adult with a stable mind behaves this way. It points to classic mental health issues, that really needs to be taken seriously. Its quite concerning imo.

I agree, there may be undiagnosed or untreated mental health issues present in the type of individual capable of the things in the OP topic. They're probably not of a healthy state of mind and it's not behavior I would defend so I am glad the vikings are openly addressing the issue in this sticky. In no way would I defend those individual's horrific behavior.
Last edited by Kio (185180932) on Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 267
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 14744
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:16 pm

This page actually wouldn't bug me, if the insults they came up with, was actually clever, and well thought out. Hell, i came up with better material when i was in 2nd grade. I really think someone needs a dose of Google schooling, because this is just pathethic.


At any rate though, im done talking about this page publically, because it doesn't deserve the attention it gets with such unoriginality and lameness. hagd y'all :bye:
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22143
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby RiveR SonG (179243943) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:06 am

Anyone who can create a page like that deserves pity because no normal person thinks like that. When did ill health or homelessness become a crime or something to be ashamed of? I hope they find the help they need because nobody deserves to be that miserable.
User avatar

RiveR SonG (179243943)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 12, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 3801
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Éire ( Ireland )

Re: A Friendly Reminder About Baiting, Harassment, and the R

Postby TL Ira (187264144) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:59 am

RiveR SonG (179243943) wrote:Anyone who can create a page like that deserves pity because no normal person thinks like that. When did ill health or homelessness become a crime or something to be ashamed of? I hope they find the help they need because nobody deserves to be that miserable.

I do, too.

I really hope they aren't coming from a place like my country. Mental health is still taboo here, and you will get labeled as a lunatic for seeking professional help. I don't follow the page or care about their posts, but they could probably benefit from using that time for other things. There are many therapy groups, even online counseling, and courses. It's been rough in the past year, and it took a toll on the mental health of many. However, it's not a reason to sit on your butt and do nothing. I've seen many people trying to make the lives of others miserable when they couldn't find happiness in theirs, and it makes me sad beyond words. :sad:
Уделитe кексa и пурицe, хвала
Imagehttps://i.imgur.com/l1dGNcl.png?1
| My rooms | New WTB |
User avatar
TL Ira (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 5932
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: the future volcano

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions