[EVENT] National Park Event (June 1st, 2021)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] National Park Event (June 1st, 2021)

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:57 pm

I wish this gem event was actually in stores :wailing: Now I actually gotta do room challenges :sick:
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 12298
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby tess (110359591) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:23 pm

Not working for me. Keeps kicking me back to the main screen and will not let me work on my entry,

tess (110359591)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 18
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Ohm (102225795) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:14 pm

I already snagged the bottle of beer which is perfect since I'm still hanging out in my Pub. :) Hope to get a couple of those Park Rangers.

Ohm (102225795)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: May 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 404
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Always (112546669) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:17 pm

The hairs are cute :love:
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 14540
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby KiraDreamWeaverYOJ FMD (121078231) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:06 pm

what a fun idea!! I've been getting bored with the gem events, but I love exploring our National Parks. I'm headed to Zion and Bryce Canyon this month and I live in the Grand Canyon State. Can't wait to see what prizes await us :)

KiraDreamWeaverYOJ FMD (121078231)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 545
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby KAREN (186514636) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Does anyone have a list or link to a list of what the 'prizes' will be? As the free room is an indoor room - yeah, not too promising for a National Park Theme - I'm not very excited.

I guess I'm curious to see if there would be anything I might be interested in that I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN because I only 'win' useless stuff that I wouldn't spend the amount of coins to buy outright but have to spend on theme items to enter challenges. (No, I don't consider what I get from the boxes to be either 'prizes' or 'winnings' when I've essentially paid for them but don't get to pick what I receive in the box.) That way I can be on the lookout to pay price-jackers in the AH many times more for something than it would have cost for in a regular store.

I might not totally hate the Gem Events if, at the very least, if we could pick whether we want wearables or furniture items. Then I might have the slightest possible chance to get something I'd ever use. I'm a decorator and yes, my first box contained boring clothing - wow another pair of nondescript green pants and pair of shoes with other items that I'll never use and that are virtually worthless to try to sell in the AH. (I only got suckered into entering because the hairs were cute from the last theme so I already had some of them.) I get clothing the vast majority of the time (and GE clothing is the most boring released in the game...and sometimes I get the same exact outfits twice, though that isn't supposed to happen.

I know some people like dressing up and they should have the opportunity to choose those items if they want them. Give people a chance to get something they'd use or GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO OPT OUT OF THE ENTIRE LAG-INDUCING ANNOYANCE CALLED 'GEM EVENTS.' I'm not asking for them to be cancelled (though I'd LOVE that,) for those who enjoy them. I'm just asking that those of us who don't be allowed to have a way of avoiding them (and avoid being bombarded with buddy requests by strangers at hangouts that we have to participate in to get rid of the annoying icon) and the hangouts/icon. That consideration for player preferences CAN'T be that difficult.

I feel the same with 'deals' to buy currency. I don't like buying 'surprises' which is code for 'what I don't want.' I used to get suckered into giving BVG $5 at a pop trying to 'win' the only option of an item included with purchase...only to get 4 of the exact same least favorite/unwanted one. They say it's random, but consistently getting the same thing gives 'random' a new definition. This piggy bank is closed - I'm not giving BVG money unless I'm buying what I want. I want to buy, not gamble and always lose.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a list or link to the list of items.

KAREN (186514636)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 09, 2016

Forum Posts: 142
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:02 pm

KAREN (186514636) wrote:Does anyone have a list or link to a list of what the 'prizes' will be? As the free room is an indoor room - yeah, not too promising for a National Park Theme - I'm not very excited.

I guess I'm curious to see if there would be anything I might be interested in that I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN because I only 'win' useless stuff that I wouldn't spend the amount of coins to buy outright but have to spend on theme items to enter challenges. (No, I don't consider what I get from the boxes to be either 'prizes' or 'winnings' when I've essentially paid for them but don't get to pick what I receive in the box.) That way I can be on the lookout to pay price-jackers in the AH many times more for something than it would have cost for in a regular store.

I might not totally hate the Gem Events if, at the very least, if we could pick whether we want wearables or furniture items. Then I might have the slightest possible chance to get something I'd ever use. I'm a decorator and yes, my first box contained boring clothing - wow another pair of nondescript green pants and pair of shoes with other items that I'll never use and that are virtually worthless to try to sell in the AH. (I only got suckered into entering because the hairs were cute from the last theme so I already had some of them.) I get clothing the vast majority of the time (and GE clothing is the most boring released in the game...and sometimes I get the same exact outfits twice, though that isn't supposed to happen.

I know some people like dressing up and they should have the opportunity to choose those items if they want them. Give people a chance to get something they'd use or GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO OPT OUT OF THE ENTIRE LAG-INDUCING ANNOYANCE CALLED 'GEM EVENTS.' I'm not asking for them to be cancelled (though I'd LOVE that,) for those who enjoy them. I'm just asking that those of us who don't be allowed to have a way of avoiding them (and avoid being bombarded with buddy requests by strangers at hangouts that we have to participate in to get rid of the annoying icon) and the hangouts/icon. That consideration for player preferences CAN'T be that difficult.

I feel the same with 'deals' to buy currency. I don't like buying 'surprises' which is code for 'what I don't want.' I used to get suckered into giving BVG $5 at a pop trying to 'win' the only option of an item included with purchase...only to get 4 of the exact same least favorite/unwanted one. They say it's random, but consistently getting the same thing gives 'random' a new definition. This piggy bank is closed - I'm not giving BVG money unless I'm buying what I want. I want to buy, not gamble and always lose.

Spoilers aren't allowed here, so you're not likely to find them here. However, Lyndy posts the tiers here as she unlocks them for every event. Here's the current thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=228005

I feel you 100% on this. I hate the gambling aspect of the game, and that's what the game has devolved to, sadly. They do it because many are happy to keep gambling and throwing cash at them, and the gem events are only one of many gambling tactics they use. I hate the GEs but still do them sometimes just as something to do and for a few crap items I might be able to sell. I feel guilty for supporting it by doing them at all, but some days I don't care and just need a distraction and maybe something to sell. I don't go out of my way for them, though. I wish they'd end them or change them, but apparently it's an easy money maker for them because so many are ok with the gambling. Same with the crack boxes.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18291
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:34 pm

So far I've gotten a onesie, an outfit, and a HH item. It's like you don't even know me. :'( :haha:

Could we please have an option to choose whether we want clothing or decor? More people might do the GEs if that were possible.
What did the sock say to the pants?
"What's up britches?"

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 4035
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby KAREN (186514636) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
KAREN (186514636) wrote:Does anyone have a list or link to a list of what the 'prizes' will be? As the free room is an indoor room - yeah, not too promising for a National Park Theme - I'm not very excited.

Spoilers aren't allowed here, so you're not likely to find them here. However, Lyndy posts the tiers here as she unlocks them for every event. Here's the current thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=228005

I feel you 100% on this. I hate the gambling aspect of the game, and that's what the game has devolved to, sadly. They do it because many are happy to keep gambling and throwing cash at them, and the gem events are only one of many gambling tactics they use. I hate the GEs but still do them sometimes just as something to do and for a few crap items I might be able to sell. I feel guilty for supporting it by doing them at all, but some days I don't care and just need a distraction and maybe something to sell. I don't go out of my way for them, though. I wish they'd end them or change them, but apparently it's an easy money maker for them because so many are ok with the gambling. Same with the crack boxes.

Thanks so much for the info LisaTM!

Another day in the Gem Event, 2 more boxes opened. I 'won' yet another worthless 'epic' (what a joke) male outfit and a onesie. That's it...I'm DONE with the GEs for another month. It's not random when every single box opened holds garbage.

KAREN (186514636)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 09, 2016

Forum Posts: 142
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:17 am

I really wanted this theme and asked a few times but...I'm just going to pretend it never got released since its locked up in GE.

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 13191

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:51 am

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:I really wanted this theme and asked a few times but...I'm just going to pretend it never got released since its locked up in GE.

I am sad it is in a GE since I wanted this also. :sad:
Image Image
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ` Aesop

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 14560

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:07 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:I really wanted this theme and asked a few times but...I'm just going to pretend it never got released since its locked up in GE.

I am sad it is in a GE since I wanted this also. :sad:

This theme would've been better suited for Yodepot (I know it sounds crazy). Different types of climates, plants, animals, etc...water features, mountains, tar pits, :shocked: It could've kept people doing landscapes for-ev-er. It's been diminished to ugly costumes and a mossy rock so far. :haha: Ugh. o_o

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 13191

Postby Avonlea (187745661) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:51 am

Ok so the NP (which I would love, I just got back from Yosemite) is an indoor room, but the things I've gotten in the GE prizes are all outdoor things....a shed, a canoe.....I don't get it. Are we going to get an outdoor scene to go with this? Maybe with a pretty lake?

Avonlea (187745661)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: May 10, 2019

Forum Posts: 55
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Bookworm J (129336295) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:00 am

Could we get the name of the Interactive Fire Star(t)ing EJU2021 item fixed? Here's hoping!

Bookworm J (129336295)
YoWorld Level: 377
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 3626
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Thursday Soleil (136586881) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:24 pm

bag of poop :/ LOL
"This must be Thursday", said Arthur musing to himself, sinking low over his beer, " I never could get the hang of Thursdays."-HHGTTG
Never trust the Iguanas. They are trying to take over the world.

Thursday Soleil (136586881)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 10037
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Serenity Now (6134566) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Is the Scenic Modular Room only available if we progress through the GE? That doesn't seem right. We can't buy rooms in the AH.
What did the sock say to the pants?
"What's up britches?"

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Serenity Now (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 4035
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Skylar (119869223) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Not a "happy camper" with the items in the National Park Event!! Sick of all the clothes. The same gifts are in the 50, 150, and 230 items!! I play on several family members and have multi- characters and have seen this happening a lot in this event!! Please fix this Yoworld. :grr :grr
Usually when I click on the 150 chest in previous games, I would get an above average gift---but with the 150 chest from the National Park theme---I've received a National Park hat and many single clothes items!!
Wish the moose and the waterfall wasn't a Yober but an item you could place in your homes. So many Yobers--Not happy!
This Gem Event is disappointing and a waste of my time!! :wailing: :wailing:

Skylar (119869223)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 95

Postby Skylar (119869223) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:04 pm

BUT on a positive note!! I LOVE the Big Foot NPC!! So Awesome!! Thank you Yoworld!! :)

Skylar (119869223)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 95

Postby Bookworm J (129336295) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:00 pm

LOVE the female hair :heart:

And I really like the furniture items in general, but once again the hammock is not layable

Bookworm J (129336295)
YoWorld Level: 377
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 3626
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions